Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #46  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning! FBS 102--same as bedtime BS last night. Big bowl of fresh peach slices and blueberries w/light whipped cream for breakfast. Next stop is the swimming pool for morning workout.

Bonnie--Don't know what I would do if seafood was banned from my menu items, especially since my other two favs--chocolate and cheese--are limited these days. LOL--I guess you won't be trying my recipe for tuna salad with flax seed!

Carol--A friend of mine lost all sense of taste following his open-heart surgery. It finally returned ~6 months later. Maybe it's the anesthesia. Anyway, he lost a LOT of weight when he couldn't taste anything.

Desertmouse--Welcome!

Ruth--Your menu for today sounds marvelous!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #47  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Floriduh I do tuna fish Only Starkist and I do some shrimp sometimes only a few other then that I am not a big fish eater only if it didnt taste like fish . Why cant I find a fish like they have a captains D or Longjohn silver I love that fish. I have tried talipa it is a ok but the more it has a fish taste the more it make me feel sick. I have even tried salmon witch isnt bad either as long as it dont have a bad fish taste. I even made some tuna steaks once. I guess it is because when I was younger like 8 my brother in law went fishing and they cooked them for dinner and I ate one that was strong tasting and then I found a bone and that was it. I mean I have a whole bag of talipia in my freezer but dont know what to do with it beside lemon and butter in the oven.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #48  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Bonnie--you could try poaching your tilapia in chicken broth, with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped green onions, garlic and/or any spices you enjoy.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #49  
Bonnie

Floriduh I will try that I will have to get some chicken broth. Thanks
Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi All! Happy Sunday

Fbs at 89 this morning and I sure would've liked to skip the workout but I lifted weights. I am getting much better at planks and I can now do 2 sets of 10 pushups. I am making progress.

I had an on-plan eating and excercise day yesterday. Today is my company picnic/barbque. My employees from American Samoa will be at the grills. I plan to enjoy too much chicken and to control carbs with little indulgences.

Bonnie, it sounds like you are doing really well. Trust me, it gets easier. Well, either you will like fish or you won't. But, it is good to try it now and again as our tastes change. I like tillapia and sole fillets because they are easy, quick, and cheap. Both of those fish tend to take on the flavor of what they are cooked with. We use lots of garlic, roasted garlic, and scallians. Right now, you should try to focus on finding foods that you enjoy within your plan.

Floriduh, your breakfast and morning pool sounds lovely. I wish I could eat that much fruit - maybe soon. Your bs control is holding well.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a good plan. I expect that this lifestyle is always going to be about days that we are not perfect. Life is to be lived and food treats will always be a part of that. Your green smoothie sounds lovely. I might have to try that.

Carol, Fatmad, and others, I hope that you have a great day. BBL

Rie
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #51  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

did a nice walk yesterday, but overindulged in carbs.
Breakfast on plan, and am taking my DD and her partner and MIL for supper.
Will try to rise to the challenge.
will check in later ladies. have a lovely sunday.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby seems to be the best I can do here lately. Busy with all the family members who have moved in. A real adjustment to say the least.

Looks like everyone is doing very well. My FBG has gotten back down consistently. Has been between 113 and 117 this past week and weight is coming down as well. Not sure what I'm doing different since I'm not following a diet plan. I eat only when I'm hungry and only eat as much as it takes to satisfy me. I think it is the combination of eating mini-meals instead of big meals and the 2 Metformins a day. I really don't care as long as it is working I will take it.

Y'all keep up the good work and I'll check in when I can.

Have a nice Sunday.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #53  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO ~ we are so busy right now that August is flying by us -- already one week gone. Have been at our new house cleaning & painting all last week; it sure is some kind of exercise and man, have I been sore ... throbbing feet are the worst ... we took today off to rest our bodies!

EAting was good all week; I did succomb to a couple of treat snacks this weekend, but I think I burned off a zillion calories this week. I woke up sooo hungry this AM; must have been a big sugar dip there. I picked up some bananas (greenish yellow) to have with my breakfast; that may help while I am burn'in so many xtra calories this week.

We took our homemade lunches with us all week; and I'm sure that is what helped me there. Tonight I had half a pork chop steak with salad; and DH had a homemade hamburger steak with tator-veggie medly. I make up the hamburger steaks and then freeze them in baggies ahead; saves time.

Tomorrow, we continue the painting; I have the kitchen closet and a couple of doors to finish up, while the others will continue with the hall or a bedroom, I think. We had deadbolts installed today; that should keep the unexpected night visitors away ...

Gonna go rest up for the evening; keep up the good work ladies -- it will pay off with mega-health benefits! Rosebud
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #54  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Darned FBGL was 2.6 this morning! I had lasagna for supper last night so it wasn't from not having carbs. If it bottomed out regularly I'd cut the meds but it doesn't.

This is going to be a "me" week! I have my meals all planned and have no appointments until Saturday morning. I am going to spend more time reading on the front porch with my sore leg elevated. It sure is a bruise but I think it's getting better. I've been putting witch hazel compresses on it.

When the dratted leg gets better, I am going to get back to walking. I got some Nordic walking poles and may try them since they are supposed to give you a better work-out. The dogs will have to stay home.

On we go with a week of healthy living. Do something nice for your body today. Evens something as simple as slathering on hand lotion will do.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #55  

Height: 5'2"

FBS was 113 this morning. Super low for me. Maybe I just need to take my meds at 10 pm with a snack like last night and not with my main meal aroung 5 or 6. Gonna try that for a few days and see if it works.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #56  

Happy Monday

I had a fbs of 89 this morning despite yesterdays indulgences. I was in a good range last night but one never knows how it will react over night.

I did my strength training and some wii fit boxing this morning despite the fact that I woke up tired. I have an early meeting tomorrow but other than that, I want to hit the excercise hard this week.

I am running late so I am going to be back later for personals.

Have a great day.

Rie
Old 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #57  
Bonnie

I am gonna be brave and cook me a piece of talipia for dinner with a plate of mixed Steamed veggies. I need something different tonight.....
Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #58  
Bonnie

So I fixed it I put a little butter in the pan and cooked it with lots of different spices I think the best was the cajun and it was good I will do that again..
Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #59  

Hello all.

I had a pretty good day at work. Leftover barbque chicken and salad was a great and satisfying lunch.

Bonnie, the tillapia sounds good. My son got me to eat it at first with a little cajun seasoning. I still like it a lot. After a while, it seemed that I developed more of a taste for it. Good luck

Lyndy, Has your dr given you advice about when to take your metformin? I am confused about 113 being a really low reading?

Ruth, did you have any wine last night perchance? I ask because it always sends me low. Your plan for the week sounds really good. I like my walking poles for uneven ground and for winter time. I think it encourages me to use my arms. I hope your leg gets better soon.

Justwannabe, nice to hear about the home preparations. It is a lot of work. Just wondering.... Why are your feet hurting? Is it just from being on your feet too much?

Trish, I am glad that the transition to extended family is going well. I know that it can be stressful. It sounds like your bs and weight are stabilizing nicely.

Fatmad, how was dinner last night? and how was the musical? It sounded like it would be great.

Well, gotta get on with the rest of the evening. Happy and Healthy all.

Rie
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #60  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

The musical of "Billy Elliott" was great. Starred the young fellow from Iowa, ( there are 4 boys for the part, and they rotate). Its a big job for a young person, he really has to carry the show, but he did great. What a talented dancer. The other 3 boys are all canadian.
Had a lovely dinner with my daughter and her in-laws. we wound up going to Mandarin for the buffet. Interesting thing happens. There is very little conversation, we all talk about food, what we are eating, what tastes good, but nothing about anything else. When I brought up this observation, everyone settled down on eating, and started talking more! Very refreshing. This is a family that are not great communicators so it was good to be able to get them talking.
Unfortunately, I am really having trouble with sweets, and overdid it a bit at dessert. This is a real achilles heel for me. I think I will have to go back to atkins induction and totally stop having any sweets of any kind for a couple of weeks. I will try this now I think, because we have a family gathering my next weekend off, and I think the timing will be good. DH and DD will be gone for a few days next week too. So tomorrow am, back to induction, and be strict with no sweets, not even splenda.
Closed Thread