Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #196  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies I am back on line. Thanks to cash for gold we took in all of our broken and unwanted jewerly and got enough to pay for the net and some other stuff too. I guess they said it was a great time to do it cause gold is at a high right now.
Been doing pretty good here have been busy for the last several days. My DD has been having trouble at school so they now have her set up where she can do her work on line at home and still be counted as being in school. I will be back to catch up later.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good afternoon Everyone,

I have been so busy lately especially with our sweet little grandson. He definitely keeps me and his Mommy busy. He kept her up all night last night. I hope we can get him on a better schedule before she goes to school in October.

Things are going really good now that we are all adjusting to being together. The children are learning that they have to obey all of the adults and learning to clean up after themselves. They almost remember to turn lights off when they leave a room. LOL That is a major one for dear hubby and me since we don't know how much more utilities will be now that they are here and we are all on limited income especially since DD will be going to school instead of working. We enjoy the time we have together.

Ruthie I vote "yes" on Thirstday in place of Thursday. Hope that leg is better soon. Thanks for sharing about the boil in bag fish as I like fish but never can find a good way to fix it and DH only like Long John Silvers which we have to drive to far to get very often. I could definitely have the boil in bag fish which would be light... could have it when I have my last Metformin in the evening.

Fatmad Eating when I was alone was hard for me to break, but I finally did. When my husband was living who worked evenings and the kids were all gone, I realized that most of the time I didn't eat because I was hungry but because I was lonely. I also realized that when my sister and I were young that we had fun eating goodies our Mama made for all of us to eat only when Daddy was gone. I think that also reinforced psychologically with me that when the hubby leaves, you eat the things you really really like. I'm glad you are doing good with the eating while alone. Remember you've done so far which means that you can do it. Sounds like you have made an accomplishment that you can build on.

Butterfly50 BTW I like the name Butterfly. I love butterflies because the represent new beginnings to me. Glad you were able to get back on line. Hadn't thought about selling old broken jewelry. Don't know if I have much, but might check into doing that myself.

Well, I don't think I'm eating a lot, but it doesn't seem to be showing on the scale although my clothes seem to be getting loose. My FBS is in a good range for me according to the doc so maybe the scales will catch up sometime soon. Got a Bible study class tonight so I need to get ready to go. I will try to get better about checking in.

Y'all have a great evening.

gothic butterfly, Rie, and others reading
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #198  
Bonnie

Trish yeah it was a susprise I have been collecting gold for 25 years now. we almost had a full ounce. well my dinners have been all out of wack the last couple of nights I will be getting back into my routine. plus I want to get into working out in the morning and then me and the girls walk two miles in the evening. But all else is well here.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening!

My fbs has been in the low 90's today, I think as a result of considerable stress the last couple of days. I know that my eating has been on track.

I am looking forward to the next three days of being at home. I want to get in a 3 mile training walk and I also plan to do aerobics each day of the weekend. My back is still troubling me so I am going to stay away from the weights but concentrate on walking. I am doing a 5k walk at the end of the month.

Bonnie, that is too cool about your windfall. I never really knew that was actually real. I am glad that it brought you back to us.

Trish, it sound like the extended family thing is really comming together. I understand what you mean about eating alone. I feel like I have finally conquered that demon. I hope so, anyway. I do like the menu control that I have when eating alone.

Fatmad, I like your plans for the gym. When you say "cottage", is it what we would call a "cabin"? Like in the woods?

Ruth, I tried to make it thirstday today. I am really struggling to find a way to be better about getting the water in. I tend to sip on coffee all day and neglect hydration.

Kari, don't foget that this is about baby steps. Hang in there.

I hope that Irene will not be troubling any of you friends.

I hope that you all have a lovely evening and a pleasant morning.

Rie

Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #200  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in just to day my FBGL was 4.1 and weight is going down again. My leg is much less swollen, almost back to normal although still at the green stage of bruising. Yellow is next.

Challenge for today is a BBQ before the film festival tonight. I should be OK if I have just the chicken and avoid the potato and macaroni salads which always appear at these events. The so-called "cheesecake" will not be a problem either as I will save myself for some real cheesecake one of these days. The Dream Whip and canned pie filling version is not worth the calories or the guilt!

Happy TGIF to us all. Let's enjoy this last weekend of August!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #201  

Good Morning!

fbs at 84 this morning. I did an hour of aerobics. My back is still bothering me but I really feel better over all if I work out.

Ruth I am glad that your leg is showing signs of healing. I totally agree with you about the fake cheesecake. I love the real stuff. Incidentally, true cheesecake is often less carbs than the puffy, no bake kind. I sometimes make myself some greek yogurt with 1/4 package sf chocolate pudding. If it chills, it tastes a lot like chocolate cheesecake.

Be back later for personals.
Rie
Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #202  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Trish-Happy Birthday-belated-sorry, this is my first chance to get on the computer since Monday.

Went for blood work this morning, just a check up on the A1C and other standard items, will go to my doctor Wednesday to go over the results, I sure hope it's not to increase the meds.

For all those who are going to be affected by Irene, your Louisiana neighbors are praying for you, we know, we've been there.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

We're not supposed to even get rain from Irene. Hope she won't do a lot of damage north of us.

FBS was good and my weight was down some as well. It is only 7ish here and I am totally wiped out. Not really sure why. SIL and GS has gone to the 1st football game for GS school. DD and 2 GDs and baby stayed home. Hubby watching tv and I'm here.

CatholicCajun Thanks for the HBD wishes. Hope your blood work comes out great.

Rie I wouldn't want to be alone again, but I could stay on plan better if I was. That is a big change for me.

Ruthie Glad the swelling leg is going down and hope the bruising goes away soon. I agree about the cheesecake. I want the real thing when I eat it too.

Fatmad Hope you got to see bab Lilia. And hope you are enjoying "batching it".

Hope everyone has a great week end.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #204  

Just a quick post. Fbs at 84 this morning. I did more than an hour of Walk it Out for over 10,000 steps. I drank a 100 cal protein shake before I started. My fbs was only 105 after I finished. Maybe my body is adjusting to the excercise. Hope so.

Have a great day!
Rie
Old 08-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #205  
Come on Spring!

Can't say good morning as I'm late. Weight still holding and FBGL 4.1 again. I'm off to my nephew's wedding in a few minutes and will be strong! Driving home for a half hour on dark country roads will certainly keep me away from the wine!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #206  
Bonnie

Dont know what is really going on but I am not hungry but I feel like I need to eat something. trying to keep myself busy by learning some of the programs on my new computer. Plus I have been trying to add more names into my family tree program. I hope tomorrow will be better. I am wanting to get back into walking and working out. Been so busy this week and with all the rain I have not been able too.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #207  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Weight OK and BGL 3.7 so I survived the wedding feast! My dinner companion kept refilling my wine glass but I got him to stop by just not drinking it. This was an outside wedding on very hilly land so my legs are pretty sore this morning. I need to get back on the treadmill or walking soon!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #208  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Friday night I was able to talk myself into a walk, really had to push myself, but it felt good. I was still stiff from the challenging yoga class the day before. I didn't get any real exercise yesterday tho. Got a page in the middle of breakfast, and ate on the way to the hospital, and had a longer day than I thought I would, but all well and a lovely baby girl eventually born.
When I got home, I had a very good supper. The good thing has been I have been planning my meals. I was very tired and hungry when I got home, but knowing my plan helped me stick to plan. I didn't do that on Thursday evening after yoga, didn't have a good plan, and was really hungry after yoga, and needed to buy food, so I didn't quite stick to plan, but didn't go off too badly.
Weight seems to be going down an ounce at a time.
SPent the rest of last evening watching the state funeral for Layton, so beautiful and inspiring, but I cried through it all too. So emotionally and physically exhausted, had a good sleep afterward.
Started the day well, and will plan lunch and supper and for the next few days too. I plan to spend a few days at the cottage later this week, and looking forward to that.
I am really glad that Butterfly is back, and am so happy we are doing pretty well this summer. I haven't tested for a while, and will do a few this week.
Happy Sunday friends!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #209  

Happy Sunday!

I was up late last night because I drank too much iced tea yesterday. Strangely, coffee doesn't keep me awake but tea sure does. Weird. I used fresh mint and stevia from my garden and the tea was really good.

fbs at 92 this morning but it stayed stable again as I worked out. I did WalkitoOut for one hour and 20 minutes - a new record for me. I got involved in the "game" aspects of it and I felt like I could have gone on forever but my calves were getting a little crampy. It was fun. I managed more than 12,500 steps.

Today I have a few minor chores and then I plan to spend some good time with a book and playing with gs.

Fatmad, I can't imagine how joyful it must be to bring new life into the world. It sounds like you are on to something with your planning. I made a list of quick dinner combos so I have ideas without deciding when I am hungry. I agree with you - this is certainly about having a plan.

Ruth, congrats about managing the wedding. I'm sure that walking the hills was hard on your leg.

Butterfly, I think that sometimes our bodies are adjusting to the "food is fuel" process and our hunger signals get mixed up and they need time to regulate when we start eating well. I know that I certainly felt "hungry" when I couldn't have actually been hungry. Sometimes now, I actually find myself getting into the "my body needs fuel" mode. Hopefully it will catch.

Trish, Carol, and others - I hope that you have a great and relaxing Sunday.

Rie

Old 08-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #210  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Rie: one problem I have with planning, is my dear husband. I love many things about him, and dislike a few. He is not a planner. This leads to conflict at times, and oddly, food is an issue. back when I lots of problems with low blood sugars, real hypoglycemia, he just didn't get that I had to eat at a certain time. It was years to get that through his head. And with DD in the last few years, we often didn't know what her plans were and if she would be home. I hope that with her gone, we will find some common ground with meal planning. Its easy for him to add a couple of potatoes or rice so he has carbs, and I hope we will do better this fall.
I am also envious that you others really do well with exercise on a regular basis. I am inspired to take a little walk now. ttfn
Closed Thread