Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #31  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Right now I am eating veggies and protein and I have not included any of the better carbs like Brown rice Wheat pasta and stuff like that. I am jest eating alot of protein and veggies.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #32  
Bonnie

I jest fixed me a muffin and it was great. I didnt think I would like it but this one will stay with me for a while.

3Tbsp Ground Flax
1Egg
1 ounce cream cheese
1/2 tsp of baking powder
a bit of splenda
couple shakes of cinnamon

Beat all ingredients togeather microwave 2 min in a sprayed ramekin. ( I used a small fire king Bowl)

I dont remember where I got this from it was one of the message boards.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #33  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Bonnie! Thanks for the great recipe. Loving the ground flax seed. I buy whole flax seed, store in an airtight container, and grind it in a coffee grinder. Have been adding it to my tuna salad--very yummy!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!

Fbs at 88 this morning. I got in a good aerobic workout.

Later.

Rie
Old 08-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #35  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Butterfly, if you are low carbing, you should carefully increase you fats, especially (of course) healthy fats. Low fat and high carb is ok for some, and low carb with fat is ok (atkins, south beach) but high protein low carb, low fat is not healthy for anyone. I am sure you are eating well and more rounded out than it sounded when you said you are just having protein and vegetables, but I want to be sure we are support healthy weight loss.

Personally, stuck to plan yesterday, and have done well today too. Also went to see my baby friend, the family just moved house into a friends' place where they are house sitting for a year. THe house was left in a disaster area, so I went and cleaned 3 bathrooms. There is a 4th bathroom in the basement, but I left that for now. Liz says she didn't realize what a big house it was until there were so few people there. Feels lonely with just a couple of parents and a wee baby. So I will plan to keep visiting frequently. (twist my arm, so hard to go a play with the baby for a couple of hours. )
Also went to yoga today, planning exercise for the rest of the weekend too.

have a good weekend friends.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #36  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

With company around, I forgot to open and August thread so here we are!

I survived my week with company pretty well and actually am no longer dealing with a prevaricating ticker! We did eat out a lot and had some "naughty" meals but BGL has been good and weight was stable. Now to head into August and focus on losing another five pounds. Tomatoes and cucumbers are my friends.

Today I speak at a friend' husband's Celebration of Life. I am a tad nervous as she asked me just last night but I am sure all will be well. I'm usually OK once I open my mouth at these things. There will be a "lunch" afterwards but I've learned to survive these events by walking around and visiting while carrying a plate of selected food. Tonight there is a big BBQ in the meadow to celebrate two birthdays and I'll use the same technique. Tomorrow life should be back to normal until the next event.

I have a freezer stocked with homemade frozen dinners. My garden is producing lots of beans and tomatoes so this should be a good month of healthy eating. I may even try a new recipe or two.

Happy August!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Right now I am eating veggies and protein and I have not included any of the better carbs like Brown rice Wheat pasta and stuff like that. I am jest eating alot of protein and veggies.
Being a rice lover, I tried brown rice and didn't like it. But I went back and gave it another chance and now I love it. I tried the mixed brown rice and wild rice and I think that's my favorite.

My step son was never a healthy eater. He liked vegetables, but other than that he ate steak and sausage, etc, all the high fat foods. Now he's married to a woman who eats healthy. She cooks healthy, and he eats it. Period. I am amazed at the change in him.

It's different with their son, though. The pediatrician told them not to give him sugar til he was a year old, so when he turned 1, they started giving him candy, cupcakes, etc. That was a big mistake IMO, because now he wants that stuff instead of his meals. If they had never introduced it to him he wouldn't have been exposed to it until he went to school and was around other kids eating it, and by that time his healthy habits would have been firm. Grandma's an old lady....what does she know? LOL

Carol
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #38  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning! Last night was another Friday night feast of fresh steamed clams and mussels with real BUTTER! Bedtime BS 95, FBS 103 this morning. Will spend extra time in the pool today to work off the butter.

Ruth--thanks for posting the August thread. Remembered this morning I hadn't given the dog his monthly heartworm med due on the 1st.

Slmn11--Never a fan of brown rice, you've given me hope I may like it one of these days. Same for whole wheat bread. I may try them again down the road.

fatmad--hooray for sticking to plan and yoga!

Best wishes to all for a relaxing weekend and normal blood sugars.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floriduh View Post
Good morning! Last night was another Friday night feast of fresh steamed clams and mussels with real BUTTER! Bedtime BS 95, FBS 103 this morning. Will spend extra time in the pool today to work off the butter.

Ruth--thanks for posting the August thread. Remembered this morning I hadn't given the dog his monthly heartworm med due on the 1st.

Slmn11--Never a fan of brown rice, you've given me hope I may like it one of these days. Same for whole wheat bread. I may try them again down the road.

fatmad--hooray for sticking to plan and yoga!

Best wishes to all for a relaxing weekend and normal blood sugars.
For years, I loved wheat bread and ate nothing but. After I had my heart bypass surgery I just can't stand it. I don't know why. I can't stand the taste of beef anymore either. It's strange.

Carol
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #40  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

LOL Ruth, I didn't even notice we hadn't started the August thread until you did it, was happily just posting in the July section without a thought.

Will take the dog for a nice trail walk today, looks like a busy day. Our daughter wants us to go to her boyfriends football game out of town this evening, but that means not much doggy time today. Don't know what we will do with her to make that work, unless I stay home. We don't have people who dog sit for her, just a kennel for overnights. Its a grey day here, (hurray?) and we had a little rain in the night. We have had such hot, dry weather, I am glad for a bit of cloud and maybe rain, although that might put a damper (sorry for the pun) on an outdoor musical festival, (there are two nearby this weekend).
TOmorrow, I go to Toronto to take my daughter to a musical, (Billy Elliott) so that will be fun. Its a matinee, so I will be home in time for a nice sleep before back to work on Monday am.
Have a great weekend friends.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/215.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I'm new to 3FC. I've been exploring and silently getting motivated by everyone. It's helped me so much. I knew I needed to join. I LOVE 3FC.

I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2007. I was so overwhelmed I didn't try to control it up until a few months ago. My FBG was always in the mid 120s but this morning it was 111. I'm almost normal!

Thank you everyone for sharing.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #42  
Bonnie

Hi Everyone jest got back from the doctor this morning and he checked my sugar levels and said it was 137 and I was fasting... Looking forward to the class on friday I hope to learn alot. Other then that Dr said so far done a good job I have lost 10 pounds. More to come.....
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday

Fbs at 82 this morning. I got in 65 minutes of step aerobics. At my dr's advice, I took a small (5carb) protein shake before I started. We are trying to see if I can get better bs control while I am working out. I promised him that I wouldn't test right away for a while.

I had an apple with a little peanut butter for breakfast. I am happy that I have been successful with some fruit in my diet without bs issues. Berries seem to be ok. Banana's make me spike. It also seems to be the protein/fruit combo that works best.

Ruth, thanks for doing the "housekeeping". It sounds like you have a good and healthy week planned. Your ticker is looking good - I want to keep chasing you down the scale, ok?

Bonnie, congrats on the positive dr visit. It feels really good to have those positives, especially early on. How is your family doing with everything? Do you have a pool?

Carol, it is weird that our tastes change so much, especially after medical issues. I have always been a white bread girl. Last night the only reasonable carb option at supper was a white roll. I ate about half because it tasted like it was dipped in sugar. Blech

Desertmouse, Welcome! This is a great place for support and help. I don't know what I would do without it. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

Fatmad, playing with a baby is always good! My friends and family always have pics of me with babies because I am always reaching for them. LOL Good for you on cleaning. I wish I was going to the musical.

Well, sorry for anyone I missed. I need to get done and get to the garden before it gets really hot today. I will be back later.

Rie
Old 08-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #44  
Bonnie

Rie Yes I love a good Dr apt to. Yes I do have a pool . I will be so glad when I can test to see what bothers my sugar will be learning all that Friday. The family is doing well My 16 year old tells everyone they are on a diet she only weigh 106 pds. They are all handling it well though.

desertmouse2010 Welcome

fatmad Gotta enjoy them while they are little that when they are the best.

Carol Oh my! my family is a rice and potato people and I made them cut back on a alot of it

Floriduh I commend you I can't do any type of fish or anthing like it Makes me sick .

Ruthxxx Thanks I am new here and I was wondering about the August thread. Thanks a Bunch.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #45  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I didn't check my blood or weight this morning. It's sometimes best to skip it after a day like yesterday. I did manage to avoid the desserts at the post-funeral feast but the big BBQ party in the meadow was a different matter. I did indulge in a piece of baklava (not worth it) and a slice of my rum cake which was very worth it. The wine was flowing and my willpower got washed away.

Back on track today with a green monster smoothie for breakfast. (Milk, egg, ground flax, strawberries and a big handful of spinach) I have a big salad planned for lunch with some chickpeas in it and will do a salsa chicken breast, yellow beans and some chard for dinner. That should get me back on track.

I badly bruised my leg in a silly accident a week ago. I'm still in a lot of pain with it so plan to spend some porch time with it elevated today. Picture me out there on the wicker, book in hand and a pitcher of Cystal Light close by.
Closed Thread