Old 01-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Mugs: thanks for the tip on Santa rosa. If I don't weed I start letting things slip and then I turn things off. So weed and weight loss go hand in hand for me. I agree with Mavis, baggy pants better measure.

Mavis:glad to hear you lucked out and only got 6-8 inches. My old dog is hating the snow. Glad you liked the quote. I get them from a site called good reads.

Mindy: yuck freezing rain! Glad there are a few sweet girls in your class. Focus on the silver lining. Sorry to hear the showing was cancelled.

Jeni: you are a good aunt to take your nephew on the trip. Sorry to hear your getting sick.

Kris: hope everything works out with your husbands company.

So did a yoga ball class tonight, left class and proceeded to fall on my ***/hip in the parking lot not fun. I am sure I am going to have a huge bruise.

Weed review:
W: 96 oz
E: yoga class only
E: 1500 calories
D:
"Pride goeth before the fall....but you've already fallen, haven't you?"
— Melissa Marr

Weed for tomorrow:
W:80 oz
E: walk at work.
E: family dinner 1600 ish
D:
"When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking."
— Michael Patrick King

Night all

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-28-2015 at 09:53 PM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #137  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hey girls.

For all: Hubby owns 49% of a local construction Company. Also is a sheetmetal worker by trade and runs a couple of air conditioning companies off of his HVAC license. The construction company has proven to be a struggle to keep afloat. Hubby was working as an employee as well but to save money decided to quick taking a paycheck and instead be a silent partner. That was 6 months ago. Things are worse than ever, hubby wants out. I'm sure he wants to restart another company on his own. I'm a control freak. Don't like unknowns but he is a hard worker. I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks to all of you ladies for the positive thoughts!

Carma - you are a working machine. What a blessing you are being so dedicated to helping people. Hope you get a break and some rest soon!

Mindy - I had a friggen melt down today at a directors meetings. I feel like an idiot because tears manifested (which pisses me off the most). I couldn't sit through another meeting and not bring to light that my boss needs to support us with our Council by being sure they understand the volume of projects, magnitude of detail they involve, and the lack of resources we have to do it all when they add more todos to the list every week. His response was, I don't know what else I can do. Two hours later he proceed to tell me that he's not sure if "anyone would be under stress in my job or if I a poor manager of my time". Then he pointed out how the newest member of team seems to be doing fantastically. Bosses suck. As for houses, you will get a buyer. I'm talking to the man upstairs!

Mavie - glad you are resting. I know you are not wired for it, and the added 2 weeks stinks. You will be glad you did it though! Are you staying warm? Monitoring sign up dates for races? I have a friend to does a ton of 5ks at Disneyland and other parks. I am going to get signed up with her for a 5 K soon. Recommit is at 50%. Better than 0.

Mugs - as a fellow westcoaster... yes, we are spoiled. However down here in SoCal we are restricted to only watering outside areas twice a week due to drought. Dead grass but beautiful weather. By the way, HOORAH for baggy pants! hope the gym scale told the tale of your progress too!

Jen - hope you are feeling better. So many people around here are going through it. I am loosing staff a week at a time. Congrats on your scale showing progress. You always come back around so dedicated, and it shows!

I'm going to have the glass of wine that Jen is not then I am going to bed early. Being exhausted is not good for my meeting participate antics . So glad to have you girls here. Be good!

Tomorrow's WEED
W 80oz
E - NS except for lunch (with staff out)
E - Stretches and try a yoga pose or two (gotta start somewhere)
D - Tomorrow is another opportunity to create the life you've always dreamed.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:04 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning ladies! Trying really hard to hit 155 for 2/1, 2.4# to go and only 3 days. We shall see! I really want to hit it and then maybe eat low carb for Super Bowl, but partake in a couple of vodka and crystal light cocktails!

Kris, pretty sure my return to work will be exactly the same, but it is what it is. I can't afford to retire and am doing the best I can. I am however, going to stop working anything over 9 hours a day and/or taking work home. Plan is back to working out at the Y in the AM, work by 8, out by 5. That's enough. I need time for my life. I am tired of killing myself for them. If I die tomorrow, they'll be finding all my mistakes next week. (in all fairness, they are now since I've been out for a bit)

Mindy, hope you got to the gym and the freezing rain wasn't too bad.

Carma, Sorry about the fall, hope you are OK!

Jeni, hope you feel better! Cross country in a day? Bless you!

Mugs, hope all is well!

W 100
E We shall see. Kettlebells and crunches. Thinking maybe 10 minutes on bike too.
E OP
D Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.--Arnold H. Glasgow
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #139  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Carma- I like how you found quotes that go with the fall. Hope the fall was not too bad and you are not too sore.

MM- Off work, not working out like you normally do AND you are losing weight. You go girl.

Kris- Your husband is a go-getter. He will come out on top more successful than ever. BAD BOSSES suck. Mine has given me crap twice this week, once over something I didn't grade on report cards (um haven't taught it yet) and yesterday she dissed me in front of a student. I have rotten kids remember. A girl fell and hit her head on my filing cabinet. She speaks no English. Through another girl she said a boy tripped her. Sent boy to the office principal said there was no reason to send him it was silly stuff. Really?? Can I smack her now?? And I HAVE to work for 5 more years. Hopefully I get into a building I can handle and am FAR FAR away for this crazy woman.

SO here is an interesting observation. DId a 2 mile walk the other night and lost some weight. No workout on Tuesday and lost a little bit. Ran 3 miles last night and didn't lose an ounce. What do you all think?? Not enough calories on run days? Is walking good enough? How do I manage it all and train for a half marathon?
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #140  

Mindy, I know you track on WW, do you keep a journal? I plan to keep a journal when I get back to exercise so I can see what works and what doesn't. Maybe keep track of your exercise and points in the same place so you can see if there is a pattern?
Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #141  

Lost my personals again. Too tired to rethink. I am only a little sore from the fall.

Weed review
W:96 oz
E: 5 minute dancing. 5 minutes walking.
E: 1427 in all colors
D: must walk tomorrow

Weed for tomorrow
E: walk 60 minutes
E:1400 in
D:
"A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise."
— A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #142  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

MM- I started a journal at the first of the year. I quit. But, I am looking closely at the correlation between workouts and weight loss. Last night I walked 2 miles, no loss today. I need to start comparing it to food also. I hope to find the answer.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #143  

Mindy, I have faith you will get it sorted out, you've lost 75 pounds already!!

Carma, I am glad you are only a little sore. I am with you on the tired, I fell asleep before 9 the last 2 nights!

Kris, Jeni, Mugs, hope all is well!!

12 more days before I go back to work. I am down exactly 10 pounds since the 167.5 on 12/31 as per the anesthesiologist (76 KG) 157.0 this morning. 2 more pounds to go to hit my 155 on 2/1 goal. Aiming for 5 pounds a month until I get there! Can't wait to get back to a routine!

W 100
E PT today, crunches this AM, wondering how 10,000 steps would feel on the knee? Going to ask the PT
E POP, really want that 155
D “Worry is as useless as a handle on a snowball.” ~Mitzi Chandler
Old 01-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #144  

Sorry tired again
Weed review
W: 120 oz
E: 30 min walk/30 minute dancing
E: 1550 did a slight miscalculation on crazy bread. Missed purple/blue
D:
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."
— George Lucas

Weed for tomorrow:
E: walk at least 30 minutes. 30 minutes something else
E: 1600 calories, I have a party at a friends
D:“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-30-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #145  

PT kicked my butt yesterday, but progress is coming! No 10x steps, either. Not yet. I'm getting there though!

Carma, sorry you are beat, hope the friends refresh you!

Everyone else, hope all is well!

W 100
E PT exercise, maybe a few on the exercise bike
E POP, so much want to hit that 155 tomorrow!!
D Super bowl shopping, DH wants scallops wrapped in bacon, we are also having crabby stuffed shrooms and parmesan wings. Think just he & I. Maybe YS will stay home. Hubby goes to work at 6 AM so no parties for us!
Old 02-01-2015, 12:22 AM   #146  

Had a nice dinner out with my friend and her new boyfriend.

Weed review:
W: 80 oz
E: 45 minute walk.
E: 1701 calories
D:
"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."
— Aristotle

Weed for tomorrow:
E: 60 minutes
E:1400, all colors
D: new month, will exercise daily in some form.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 02-01-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #147  

Okay finally time for personals:

Mavis: have patience, the P.T. takes time. How many more weeks til work?

Mugs: I hope you find the connection between the exercise and diet. Journaling will help a lot. My friend Jeff who has been running for 40 yrs and journals. He has it down to if he eats a roast beef sandwich on run days he runs its a better run than if he has a ham sandwich.

Jeni, kris & mugs hope all is well.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 02-01-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #148  

Hi All,
New month, starting again with renewed determination somethings got to give! Past couple of days totally off, visiting friends and restaurant meals etc. Managed to get in a walk today but look forward to hitting the pool again tomorrow.

I downloaded one of those calorie counter tracker things but find it annoying and too time consuming so will go back to the old pocket book and written diary...what ever works.

Carma do you think your friend may be getting too much salt and/or chemicals in the ham? His observation is interesting. I find some foods blow me up like a balloon even if they are "healthy" I made a no carb pizza crust from cauliflower tonight and am not sure if it is that or too much cheese but I feel like one of those helium balloons!

Kris, women usual cry when they are angry and it sounds like you were pretty angry about the situation and your boss sounds like he needs a refresher course in team building, that is if he ever had one in the first place. His comment to you was totally uncalled for and extremely inappropriate. Doesn't make him any easier to work with though.

A project I used to do with people at work at the beginning of the year we made blessings boxes consisting of a small dollarama store pretty little box and then make up a sheet of all the things in your life that are good and cut them individually into pieces and store them in the box. Add any new ones that come along . When you are having a really bad day take a couple of minutes and "count your blessings". It won't change the situation but may help to realize that it is only a small part of the bigger picture.

Having said that I am really thankful to be retired and only struggling with the scale which I know I can change rather than a boss that I can't. ( My boss used to refer to me as the artsy fartsy one on the team)which I deemed to be a gross insult to my intelligence and capabilities but I outlasted her and was triumphant in the end and received award nominations from the clients. So hang in there all of you. You are strong, intelligent and capable women.

Tomorrow is a new day for all, let's do it! Mugs
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #149  

Carma, I go back to work on the 11th. part of me looks forward to it and part dreads it!

I am pleased overall, I went over on my numbers today, but I really made no terrible choices. Not bad for the Super Bowl and nothing else looming on the horizon. I think I will skip weighing tomorrow and just see where I land on Tuesdy.

W 100
E None to speak of
E like I said, low carb, but too much of them.
D Focus!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #150  

Snowy today, another foot or so expected. Ugh.

W 100
E PT this afternoon, hope it doesn't get cancelled!
E POP and extra water to flush the Super snacks! OMG, made low carb poppers and crab stuffed mushrooms!
D Stupid groundhog!