Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
I did it. I really freakin' did it!

DAY ONE OF C25k!

That is amazing! Stick with it...I couldn't get past week 4 so I quit....now I just wish I would have stuck with week 4 till I could move on to week 5. Ugh!

Morning ladies! I have so much catching up to do, and I promise to go back and read everyone's posts....I'm hoping your posts will help lift my spirits a bit. I'm in such a funk....yesterday was my birthday and I ate like crap! I haven't been exercising and I know why....I'm so freaking out about this job deal.

I have graduated and put in so many applications at places that say they are hiring for what I do...and I have even had one interview but no one is calling. I'm waiting for some info locally...I have some inside info on a local position but I gotta wait for the guy in charge to come back from vacation. But just all this waiting and not knowing has me so anxious. I can't eat right or exercise when I'm like this.....emotional eating at its best.

I know I know.....I should work my anxiety out through exercise.....sooooo much easier said than done! Ugh....prayers please!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

mcK - happy belated birthday! Sorry about the job stress - I know that's really tough. Are you on linkedin? If not, I'd definitely recommend it for networking and finding contacts at companies you're interested in. Even if you're not up for a major workout right now, try going out for 30 min walk and make yourself a big bowl of yummy fruit salad that you can snack on when you need to. Hang in there, sweetie - we'll send good thoughts your direction!

ninepaw - I totally agree with rochester - stretching before and after runs is a good plan. Also, it's my personal feeling that nothing should hurt badly when you run - minor discomfort is one thing but if it seriously hurts, you are most likely not helping things by continuing. I would recommend just walking (if it's not too painful) on the days you have trouble with your hip.

aleks - keep up the good work at the gym - woohoo!

fc - good for you for joining curves!

cheerios - great photo! you look wonderful and like you're having a great time.

sorry I was MIA for a bit. I went to Boulder with my sister for a mini-girls' trip. We did a ton of discount shopping on our way, went on a long walk to a nice (and fairly diet friendly dinner) and went on a 4hr hike yesterday that wore me out. Calves are tight today but nothing I can't handle. Am hoping to go for a walk with a friend tonight to loosen things up and go for a run tomorrow morning.

Hope you all are doing great!

ETA- Rochester - congrats on starting c25k - you rock!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 06-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #153  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone!

Rochester, I actually forgot to stretch prior to my run yesterday, which I realized after the first stretch of running, so I promptly stopped and stretched in the middle of everything! I'll check out that link you posted!

It wasn't really major pain or anything, it was just kind of uncomfortable, with a little bit of a twinge. Like I said, I'm gonna rest it a couple days, stretch here and there, and hopefully all will be right with the workd on Friday!

Happy belated birthday, Melissa! Mine is coming this Sunday... No idea what's gonna happen that day for eating, I'm not gonna lie. And the boyfriend has plans for me the day before... So this weekend may not be a great one for me! I hope your stress levels settle down soon for you.

I have good news!!! After my fears from the last couple of days about probably having to move my ticker up today, I had a baby whoosh and found myself back at 250 this morning when I hopped on the scale! Hooray!!! Now if only this trend would continue...
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #154  
Diana Kay

Okay, great link Rochester! I have it bookmarked now so that I can make sure to get through those five before and after running. Thanks for posting that!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #155  

ninepaw - congrats on 250! You are doing great!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #156  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Today was really busy at school. Kids were turning in books, so I had to go back and forth to and from the office 8 times. We have a big campus, so that added up to 48 minutes of walking. I also went swimming some at my mom's house. (Really just playing around in the water, walking, treading water, that kind of thing.)

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get back to Curves while my son is at band. Gotta make it a habit.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #157  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Day Two of c25k! It was really humid (80% according the the Weather Channel); I was dripping by the time I was done. My intervals were about the right length this time, but I still only stayed out for 15 minutes instead of 20. I need to stop worrying that I'm going to get so exhausted that I won't be able to make it home.

My muscles ache so much I want to cry, but it's a good hurt, if that makes any sense! Oh, and I've stayed totally on plan with my food this week. Happy all the way around.

(By the way, Dannon Greek Yogurt is weird. The texture is more like cream cheese. )

@Melissa - Good luck with the job hunt. Even if you don't have the gumption for your usual work out, try to go for a walk or something. The smallest bit of exercise can do wonders for your mind.

@Dancer - Sounds like a fun trip visiting your sister. Good company, good shopping, good food...now that's what I call a vacation!

@Diana - Hooray on the weight loss! Just keep doing what you know you need to be doing and you will see results.

@Frances - I just realized that you and I have almost the same statistics - height, weight, goal weight. Pretty nifty!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Good Morning All-

I have been feeling rather puny the last few days. I am guessing it is part allergies and part overdoing on the exercise last week. I am feeling somewhat better today. I am doing okay on the food plan I think because I don't have much of an appetite. The scale is sticking in one place for now but I expect it to drop maybe just a little more if I eat right. I don't know if I will be able to get any exercise in or not today. Besides not feeling so great, I have been spending more time on getting my resume in order and noticed a job on Craigs List that might be a consideration. I will be so relieved when I get this stupid resume where I want it. I should have worked harder at my last job! I am stuck on coming up with any accomplishments. Part of my problem is I have not fully recovered from getting laid off. I need to get over it already!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #159  

rochester - great job on doing day 2! I look forward to hearing about your progress all the way through!

terapet - I hear you on the allergies - such a bummer. hang in there! Do you have a buddy you can bounce your resume off of? I find women often downplay their own accomplishments and it sometimes helps to get an outside perspective.

fc - did you make it to curves? Hope so!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #160  
Diana Kay

Aaaand back to 251 this morning.

I'm thinking the scale is just gonna do what it wants at this point, so I may as well roll with it... Though I can't say I'm gonna be too thrilled.

Congrats on getting through day 2, Rochester!!! You should really go for the whole 20 minutes... You'll probably be amazed at what you can do! I know I was. What I might suggest is running back towards your house as you go, then just circle your block until it's all over. That's what I try to do, just in case I do lose my steam!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Dancer-Thanks for the encouragement.Sorry for the rant. Feeling sick was getting to me. Plus obviously I truly dislike this job search business. It is good for me though. My last position was almost all numbers and I have kind of forgotten how to write!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #162  
Diana Kay

Rochester! I finally got that C25K thread started! So feel free to come hang out with me over here!

That goes for anyone else in here that's doing/thinking about doing C25K, too! Don't worry, I'm not gonna up and abandon this thread! I like it here too much.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Hey ladies!!!

Thursday's are my days off... so I weigh in at WW. I also decided to go to the gym right after, instead of going in the evenings! It was great and the owner is there during the day...and he's soo like Jillian... I had zero energy but with him yelling...I pushed through.

Oh...and my weight loss for the week.... 2 pounds down!! woohoo. I was NOT expecting that...I thought I would have a small gain or .2 loss at the best! I want to push hard this week and really step up that cardio!

~A
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Rochester: aww, I'll try to fix it so anyone can comment...if I can figure it out!!

ninepaw: WOOOHOOOO!!! Congrats on the 250 that ROCKS!!!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #165  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

I had to fight my way through pouring rain, lightning and thunder to make it to Curves!! There were a couple times I seriously considered pulling over, but I'm a native Floridian. Rain is NOT supposed to stop me!!

I'm glad I made it there.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote