Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #31  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

welcome lytricia , summerlove , Lytricia, and bellsgreatestloosers. It's great to have you here. I hope that everyone feels comfortable so that we help each other and are a great support group.

I went to the gym today! yea! I did 30 min on the treadmill at 3.5mph at a 3.6 incline and legs. I'm trying to take is easy for the most part this first week just to get back into it. I don't want to kick my own butt and then not want to go. I had a personal trainer take my body fat and measurements. BLAH...I didn't look at them and or want to know what they were. So...at the end of the month, I am going to go back and be measured again. I have doritos tonight, I can't believe that I did but i did. I think I might pop in a tae bo dvd and do a little before I go to bed. Good luck to everyone. Make good choices. have a great day!
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #32  
Madi

i keep forgetting things...FSA, that sounds like a great idea.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

So how we all doing ladies?!

Im still plugging away, have only managed one hour of exercise so far, but im going to aqua aerobics tonight, so that will bring it up a bit.

With me its all about the planning, I have to rigidly plan all my meals, if not i will just end up getting take away. So yep still plugging away.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #34  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb

Good morning all:

Today is a bright sunny morning and I am filled with encouragement and hope. Although the weatherman promises a nasty snowstorm mixed with freezing rain starting this afternoon and has issued a weather warning…I am not taking it as a negative sign but rather a warning to get to the gym before it all comes down!!

I have conned my 17 year old daughter into joining the gym with me and have burdened her with the task of being my conscience when I am trying to make excuses to not go. She looks at it as an opportunity to boss ME around for a change! (She is a great kid and we love spending time together.)

I think it is important for all of us with kids, no matter what their age or gender is, to do them the favour of teaching them good nutritional habits at an early age, so while I change my eating habits I see that I am also putting everyone in the house on a "diet".

Remember the word "diet" means “the food you put into your mouth". We all have a "diet"...some of us have just been choosing a nutritionally challenged one instead of a healthy one.

Good luck to you all today. Think of your friends here and remember we are all in this together! We are not alone!
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #35  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey!

I know I'm a little late in joining, but it just took me a while to decide to do this.

I don't weigh in, but I do measure so I hope for the month of march to lose another 3" for a total of 8.75". Hopefully it will come off of my ribcage (underbust) and stomach.

To do this I will exercise daily and start to really follow an intuitive eating plan: where I eat when I'm hungry. I'd also like to get my sugar ingestion down to once a week. This is going to be a three step goal.
1) Have something sweet only ONCE a day.
2) Have something sweet every other day.
3) Have something sweet twice a week.
Then it'll just be eliminating one day of sugar.

Sounds like everyone has some awesome goals. I think we can all do it.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #36  

Thanks for the welcome.
I did try a put my feet up for five (phone rang)
Put my shoes back on, and did a few stretches and light weights. Worked for about 20 minutes. It's a start. We are getting some very stormy weather here in the Charleston SC area. I guess outside wallking is not a good idea today. Maybe Richard Simmons will do...LOL
Have a great day everyone.
bellsgreatestloosers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #37  

Our Members Weig-Ins and/or goals:

bobsgal Sundays (beg.3/4) 10 lbs.
bellsgreatestloosers Sundays 10 lbs.
summerlove Sundays 10 lbs.

FullSteamAhead Mondays 10-12 by 4/2
mlholston Mondays
piggin podgey Mondays 7 lbs.
shoogashayy Mondays(beg.3/5) 15 lbs.
Mandik Mondays 10 lbs. by 4/1
cyntheria Mondays 8 lbs.

Mama Angel 2006
Tuesdays (beg.3/6) 300 min.ex.

Velveteen Wedenesdays(beg. 2/8) 20 min. ex. a day
lids Wednesdays 10 lbs. in March

booklover 10 lbs. loss for march, ex. 3x a week
KatSN "resist the tempatation on cruise, and of bread
DoinItForSkyler 13 lbs.
butterfly22 continuation of Atkins diet
jellybeanz 15 lb. loss in March
Stephyk 10 lbs by end of march, "watch what I eat"
Lytricia 10 lbs. in March.. balance carbs.
cats tongue 3'' loss month of march

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 03-01-2007 at 10:17 PM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #38  

I messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

butterfly22...........15 lbs. by end of March
2muchame..............continuation of Atkins diet

sorry : )
Old 03-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #39  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

I'm in for march.

Weigh in on Mondays

3/5
3/12
3/19
3/26
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #40  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

Whoops, and I want to lose 8 pounds by the end of March. More pounds welcome to abandon ship.
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #41  

hey everyone hopeyou all had a great march first!

Mine, in all honesty, was not so good! though it turned out okay in the end. it was just one of those days, feeling sick, lethargic, andextra hungry. Im seeing the doc next time about this hormonal stuff every month, cant take it any more ! LOL LIKE i said, i basically could not do anything! my dh came home and saw how i looked, I love that guy lol he said, get up, get up, youneed to get out for fresh air! He wanted to go tothe grocery store! lol, the grocery store! i felt so lousy, I could hardly move! he urged me to go, even sit in the car! to make a long story short , I freshened up and went (but i retorted, no junk food, I already ate!) and lo and behold not only did I go in the grocery store (and nearly broke down in tears on the way) but after a few minutes in there I got a new surge. I said, ineed to walk, i need to burn this negative energy off! He was thrilled, go he said, go. so I did, i walked out the door and off walking i went!!! wow! it was amazing, the fresh air, even at 35 degrees, felt so good! so anyways, I swear to god, I emerged fresh and more clear minded! anyone else have a n extra hard time during TOM? jeez, ......

anyways, the off plan meal i had ended u p being an early dinner and i wasn not hungry after that, dh was right, I will be feeling better a lot soon! so I just need to hang in there. he said, go write to your buddies! meaning you guys

3 days left until monday and i will work like the dickens to make them my best , s o anyways , im hanging in there! ; ) my goal now, given my shannigans this past week, is to be right o n mark! : ) lets kick butt!

bells, which ricard simmons are you doing? arre the the new or old tapes? curious...that guy always had fun tapes

catstongue, welcome never too late to join

Lytricia, I love the idea of our joining the gym with your daughter! and wha an attitude, geeting to the gym before snowfall! : ) makes me wish i could join in. I think i t is wonderfulllllllllllllllll, do keep us posted.

pigginpodgey, 1 hr. of exercise isnothing to sneeze at! bravo as a matter of fact, i truly beleive given our own uniqu e weight, fitness levels, and phycial cababilities, every bit matters! even if it means a 10 minute walk! It's all relative, whatcounts is thatwe do what is within our means

mlllllllll bravo as well! hey kid, you did a 3.5 clip walk at an incline???
remind me to never get in a fight with you! hahahaha that is awesome
go for the gold girl

I feel real lucky to have you guys here, really! its great im going to rest up and should be my ole self again in a day o r two. In te meantime, remember, we just started the month! let's keep it rocking!

also, for others seeing our thread, please dont feel late in joining in, come aboard! regardess of what part of the month it is, thats not whatmatters, its never too late catch you all tomorow, maybe even later, lol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #42  

hi cyntheria, welcome
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Default newbie

Hi,i just signed up and i would like to join your march challenge.i started eating healthy and exerciseing on January 7,2007.i have lost 15lbs and i still have 100 to lose.I would like to lose 8lbs in march.
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 AM   #44  
Madi

helllo ladies...
welcome 4amy, catstongue, and cytheria21. We are glad to have you.

I went to the gym today again. 45min on treadmill 4 incline and 3.6 speed! yea! I absolutely love the way the gym makes you feel. i ate well today. When I'm working out, i am harder on myself because i don't want to bust my buns and then turn around and eat crap food.

FSA...shake it off. I hate when "tom" comes around. Some months are fine and others make me feel awful. No worries 3 days until weigh in, you can do this. lol on the fighting, I really just have to push myself. I am determined to do this.

Bells...it's great that you joined the gym with your daughter. Its always nice to have someone there for you and to support you when you don't feel like getting up and doing anything.

pigginpodgey...hey one hour is great. Anytime that you can get any type of workout in helps.

cattounge...that sounds like a great idea. Cutting out sugar slowly should help you succeed. Good luck because sugar is a big deal and hard to do.

any one that still wants to join please feel welcome we would love to have you, its never too late.

Keep up the good work, Work hard, stay strong, and keep a positive attitude. WE CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by mlholston; 03-02-2007 at 03:51 AM. Reason: I can't spell!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Thanks Mlholston.I'm looking forward to getting started in this challenge.I try and workout at least 4-5 times a week.My workouts vary from,exercise bike or walking or several workout videos.I have managed to keep my willpower for the last 2 months,its not a problem for me.I feel so good after a workout i don't like to ruin it with unhealthy foods.looking forward to getting to know you all.
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote