Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Arrow W.O.W.'s "No Foolin' You" Challenge/Final Week~Chat thread

Good morning everyone. I'm thinking our team leader and motiviational expert Miss RowdyBliss is having a busy morning, especially after having an incredibly exciting week last week. An independent film star!!!!! Go Rowdy!!!! Is there ANYthing you can't do???

So we're wrapping up our last week, week 6. It really flew by. I hope you are all closer to your goals. I hope you have all improved your lives in some capacity. We've got one more week to kick it into high gear. Every day is a new opportunity for improvement and this one is no different. Let's go get em'.

My daughter is feeling somewhat better, but by no means anywhere near 100%, poor baby. Hoping today will see some changes for the better, it'll be her 4th day on an antibiotic.

Anyway, today is my weigh-in day and I am happy to report that I am down 4 lbs. Which takes me to 177, which was my goal for this challenge. Let's see what this coming week brings me.

WEED:

W - drink lots
E - do lots, this has definitely been key for me
E - 1200, oh yeah, another key
D - of course my WEE and a TON of other stuff as well.

Have a great day everyone and a stupendous, successful week.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning gals. I'm off to a roaring start this week. I've jumped back into my running program after being away from it for 1 1/2 months. I've done 2 runs, one Sat. one today. My legs are killing me, but I'm feeling good. My pace is slow at the moment but I'm thinking of running a 5k on the 21st so I really should start training like I'm serious.

W-64+
E-3 mile run with 1 mile walk cool down
E-healthy
D-dentist appt. this afternoon and I'm gonna medicate before hand to avoid the TMJ pain before it starts.

Robin-glad your DD is beginning to feel better. Congrats! 4 pounds is awesome. You must be flying high today!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Wow, it's the final week! Let's keep going ladies! Hopefully I can get even more below my goal weight for the challenge. I'm hoping to lose at least one more pound and maybe get to 141. But if not, I'll be happy nonetheless.

Robin - Congrats on the 4 pounds and meeting your goal!

Here's my WEED for today. It's gonna be pretty simple and boring..
W - 3 cups
E - Run, 45 minutes Core Secrets
E - Healthy and watch portions
D - Go to class....it's really hard to persuade myself to go right now with such nice weather (and who wants to sit in a classroom on a warm, sunny day??)
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #4  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Morning all,
Well despite yesterday, I managed to maintain over the weekend. Still 184.6 and 1 lb below my goal for this challenge. My next goal is 178 by the end of April. I can do this. Despite the fact that my DS woke up at 3 am and didn't go back to sleep until 4:30 I still got up and worked out. It was hard though. I will probably put in another 45 mintues this evening though. I tried the jogging WATP and it wasn't as hard as I first thought, but still a great workout. I had to walk a bit during some of it so I decided to do a 1 mile WATP after that. Sorry to be so rambly...lack of sleep.

Robin-Congrats on the 4 lbs. Guess you made up for last week. Your weight loss is simply amazing. You are inspriational.

LaBonita-Welcome back from spring break. Whoo hoo on the loss. You are really making progress despite everything with school.

Paula-Sounds like you had a good weekend with the grandkids and with your eating. I bought a small package of frozen tilapia this weekend. I am hoping it tastes as good as my fresh did.

Brandy-Sounds like you are really determined to maintain. I wouldn't worry if I were you. I too would like to run a 5k, but I need to get in better shape before doing so. I am thinking by October for my B-day. I've been doing a little jogging when I can get outside, but my pace is ssooooo slow. My legs just hurt afterward. My DH keeps saying don't overdo it. I don't want to have to pick you up somewhere.

Well here is my weed. I am going to visit family this week, so i am hoping to stay on track while I am there. I plan on taking my workout tapes and clothes.
W-64 oz
E-did some need to get in a 3 mile watp this evening
E-Plan, plan, plan.
D-Do laundry!!!
Good day to everyone.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Late posting today. I've been trying to decide what I want on my mp3 player. I've been searching and downloading songs all day.
After I post this I'm going to take the dog far a 30 minute walk. It is beautiful out today. I'm wearing short sleeves and I'm not a bit cold.

Robin- SUPER GIRL!!! 4 pounds is great.

Brandy- There is no way I can run or jog. I have enough trouble walking fast. Good luck preparing for your 5K.

LaBonita- Good Luck getting to your new goal weight.

love- Congrats on keeping the weight off over the weekend.
I hope you like the frozen tilapia. I think the reason I don't really like mine is it's frozen in individual plastic pouches. I just think I can taste the plastic.

To late to post WEED for today. I've eaten healthy and I'm on my way for a walk. I still need to work on getting the water in.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone...don't know if anyone caught it in the last post i had from week 5....I am looking for motivational tips to put in a motivational flip book for some fitness survival kits i'll be selling at the craft fair at work...so if you've got any, please please please pm me with them.

I'm having a real hard time girls, but i'm STILL exercising. I think i'll start doing my resistance training for reals and do my ab workout on my Bean more often. this morning i couldn't get myself going to do the abs but i did get half an hour of walking in. I'm tryin to keep cals low right now, i need dinner...not sure what to eat, but i gotta get something with a protein going. salad is a plus too.

My coworker and I are accountabilabuddies for each other. We're trying to keep up with a fitness challenge at work. WI will be Friday mornings. We're gonna try and stick with it for about 8 weeks...for the length of time we're having it at work. Right before Memorial Day is the big day. I don't know if we're setting actual goals or if we're just gonna keep on trucking with healthy eating, exercise, and see what comes of it.

I'd still like to be down 20 lbs by July 4th. No real reason other than I want to be healthier. we're not planning a real vacation this summer. but being healthier than what I am now is a bonus...

anywhooooooooo hi hi and hi I've gotta eat something and feed my honeybunch of a dog
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #7  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ya gals. I hope you're all off to a wonderful start this morning. I got up and dressed and was enjoying some coffee when I got a call from my walking buddy cancelling our walk. She's not feeling well. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for exercise today cuz I didnt want to walk in the dark by myself. I've got a class and lots of lessons today so I'll be busy.

HolyTeror-Cool idea for the craft fair. I'll try to think of something and get back to you. Good job on getting in the walking. Its nice you have the work challenge to keep you motivated.

Paula-Dont you just love the MP3 player? I use mine all the time and days when I add songs I can get totally caught up in it and lose track of time. I dont walk with mine cuz I'm usually gabbing with my buddy, but we both use em on our runs (to difficult to talk much while we're running.) It sure makes things more enjoyable.

love-Congrats on surpassing your monthly goal!!! You could totally do a 5K by October. I started running last May with a Labor Day 5K as my target. I couldnt wait and ran my first one on the 4th of July, another in mid August, the Labor day one, one in early Sept. and a Christmas one in early Dec. I think they're pretty fun and give me a reason to push my pace a bit. It was also fun to see my times get better at each one (except the Christmas one because I had some training difficulties for that one.)

LaBonita-Good luck on the 1 pound this week!!

To everyone else-Where are you? Hopefully you all had beautiful days and were able to enjoy it yesterday. I hope you're all doing well with your plans and staying good.

W-64+
E-??
E-healthy
D-Enjoy my class and not worry about the "next step"
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Hi gals. I hope everyone had a good monday. I can barely think this morning due to lack of sleep, so I am not going to do personals.

Robin, congrats!!!! You are doing so awsome.

Tommy is really sick. The daycare called and Wills grandmother ended up picking him up. I think it may be the flu. DH is going to get him into the doctor today, maybe he can get some anti-virals (I think we may be in the window for those). He was very briefly exposed to chicken pox (well the mother brought him into the nursery room at the Y, the workers said it looked like chicken pox, she said the doctor said allergic reaction and went to work out) the workers took the baby out of the room.) I don't know if you can call that exposure or not. I am keeping the eyes open.

Poor baby, has a HIGH fever that tylenol and ibprofen combined is not helping, keeping a cool washcloth on him to help. but the worst thing is, he is just laying there. when we got home last night he was in and out of awakeness. He just was laying there. It scared me. So DH is taking him to the doctor. (mothers guilt, I cant miss work or I would.) I am guessing DHs grandmother will volunteer to go with him.

Happy healty one guys!

w 80 oz
e 60 minutes
e1200
d tonight will be filled with lysol and bleach
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Jeni I am so sorry to hear about Tommy, poor, poor baby. I hope this passes very, very quickly. It is so hard to see them laying there like that. So very hard. Though before you know it he will be back to his own little boy rambunctious self. I will be sending you guys get better soon wishes.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

well looks like someone lost my entire set of allen wrenches...i needed one to tighten up my conveyor belt on the treadmill. the treadmill came wiht one, and someone LOST IT. i skipped my exercise this morning, i should've just gone back to bed but noooooooooooo i got up like a dorko and here i am. grr.....it's windy and chilly outside, i had to crank on the heat this morning!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #11  
a new me

morning all,
Just a quick weed before I start my day. My Dh is home this morning so I think I'll get outside for a walk.

Jen-Sorry to hear about your baby. Hope he fees better soon.

W-at least 64 oz. more if I can get it in
E-at least 3 miles
E-On a schedule and portion control
D-That laundry. It's never ending. I got behind and am trying to catch up.
Chat with you ladies later. Have a healthy day!
Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #12  

I just got back from buying groceries. They had asparagus on sale so I wanted to get some of that. Plus grapes, new potatoes and sweet corn. They also gad bagged iceburg lettuce for 99 cents. I had to get 4 bags of that for my daily salads. Boy was I surprised when I saw a rolling card full of reduced veggies and fruit. I got some tomatoes & bananas off the cart. They look fine. I usually don't shop at this store, but you know I'll be going back often just to check out the reduced produce.
My hubby just called and was mad because he didn't eat healthy for lunch. There's only so much I can do for him. We discuss his eating habits at work and then he just goes ahead and eats bad stuff anyway. Today was Chinese food. I guess it's a good thing we are having WW pasta with chicken and asparagus for dinner with a nice salad. I'm going to make some fruit salad for our evening snack for when he gets home from KungFu.
You'll never guess what I got today while I was at the store. I picked up the Taste of Home Light & Tasty magazine. There's several recipes for tilapia in it. I'm going to have to give them a try. LOL

Holyteror- It's nice that you and a co-worker can look out for each other. Maybe I should have my hubby find a friend to watch what he's eating too.
20 pounds by July 4th sounds doable.

Brandy- Sorry your friend canceled on you this morning. I don't blame you for not going walking alone while it's still dark out.
I hope I like my mp3 player. It's a birthday gift so I don't have it officially yet. I'm just picking songs right now to put on it. My birthday is the 4th of April. I think I'll like it since I don't need to talk to the dog while I'm walking. Right now I'm using my grandson's CD player. His is broken (only one speaker works) so I traded him the one I had. It will be nice to hear the songs in both ears.

Jeni- I hope Tommy is feeling better. What did the Dr. have to say?

WEED
W- 3-4 bottles. 1 down 2 or 3 to go.
E- 30 minute walk. If doesn't rain it will be with the dog otherwise it will be on the treadmill.
E- Lots of fresh fruits and veggies today with WW pasta and chick for dinner.
D- Get my veggies all cleaned and ready to use like Rachael Ray does. My goal is to be like her someday. All organized and ready to go. If only I had a stage crew to do all the prep work for me like she probably does.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Pssssssst . . . anybody got some WEED?

Tx man!

Missed you WEED'ers so! Great to be back in the land of Cyber - FINALLY got set back up - only this time have high speed internet and LOVE!

I see we're on the last week of a Challenge - will read up in the WEE Hours to catch up and find out what "No Foolin'" is about - prolly will catch up in time for the next Challenge-lol! Been jonesing for WEED so long - hard telling how much I've gained.

HOWEVER - ready to restart today - good to see ya jcat - hope Tommy is better! (??) - Hiya holyT! WTH is rowdyB? Hello to everyone and cya as soon as I catch up!

W: Any is better than the miniscule amounts I've been drinking - hmmm - how 'bout 24oz?
E: Weights/Walking
E: OP
D: Prayer of thankfulness
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #14  
a new me

Default question about roasting asparagus

Hi all,
Can anyone help me out? I atttempted to roast some yesterday and wasn't very sucessful. The first batch was a bit overdone, edible, but definately ovecoooked. The second, was just cooked. I would love some tips on roasting veggies for dinner. My 4 y/o just couldn't get enoug of them, so I am going to try some more tonight.
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #15  

Love- What I did was put the asparagus on my cookie pan. I drizzled olive oil on it and tossed. I added a little salt and pepper. I roasted them at 350ish until they were tender about 20 minutes I think. I stirred them a couple times to make sure they cooked evenly. I hope this helps.