Old 02-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Hey ladies!!
Count me in, I need a challenge to keep me motivated!! I need to get the pounds moving again!
My weigh-ins are on Mondays. By the end of March I hope to have lost at least 7lbs. Im aiming for 10lbs, a steady 2lbs a week. My problem is keeping the work up, i do a week and then slack off for a week, then back onto it - i need to be consistent.
So my main challenge for March is to be consistent and keep going for the next 4 weeks.

Jellybeanz - we are pretty much in the same boat!!! I will kick your butt if you kick mine!! Come on, we can do this!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #17  

Hi again all, welcome piggypodgey, stephyk, and jellybeanz : )

we are all here to support and encourage each other, through good days and not so good days. Jellybeanz, your back and your ready to roll, that's what matters! : ) I'm sure that within just a few good days you will be feeling so much better! As far as posting goes, you got it! I'll be on your tail if I dont see you post for awhile, but just remember you asked for it, lol

oh gosh, seriously, I think posting helps so much. (not in reference to you here, just being on the same topic, something I feel helps me a lot and that i noticed). I always make an effort to post daily, of course I know this is not always possible due to circumstances but what I found, or what I beleive, is that posting regularly (when able) is such a help and one of the keys! I tend to post, regardless of a good or bad day, etc. Afterall, bad days are part of the journey too! NO, its not always fun whilst feeling down or depressed andcoming in to say hey everyone, guess what? I went off p lan yesterday or today or whatever. You know though, it is so helpful and beneficial in the long run because not only is it a reminder to us that we are all human and will have some bad days mixed in with the good, but oh the so needed encouragement and support at this time is just so helpful! I know with me anyways, its easier being out and looking in, I can see more clearly and progress in others so to speak more easily then within myself when I have a bad day, so getting that objectivity and encouragement from others is golden!

stephyk, I am glad that you are feeling better from your surgery. You sound ready and rearing to go, Im sure you will start losing it again! : )

sounds like we are all ready to go and positiveeeeee, which I feel is the NUMBER ONE secret! Im always battling to stay positive, speaking of which, Im heading over to our velveteen's new thread regarding postivie thoughts, very therapeutic and a good way to help stay positive despite obstacles.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #18  

Hi again all, welcome piggypodgey, stephyk, and jellybeanz : )

we are all here to support and encourage each other, through good days and not so good days. Jellybeanz, your back and your ready to roll, that's what matters! : ) I'm sure that within just a few good days you will be feeling so much better! As far as posting goes, you got it! I'll be on your tail if I dont see you post for awhile, but just remember you asked for it, lol

oh gosh, seriously, I think posting helps so much. (not in reference to you here, just being on the same topic, something I feel helps me a lot and that i noticed). I always make an effort to post daily, of course I know this is not always possible due to circumstances but what I found, or what I beleive, is that posting regularly (when able) is such a help and one of the keys! I tend to post, regardless of a good or bad day, etc. Afterall, bad days are part of the journey too! NO, its not always fun whilst feeling down or depressed andcoming in to say hey everyone, guess what? I went off p lan yesterday or today or whatever. You know though, it is so helpful and beneficial in the long run because not only is it a reminder to us that we are all human and will have some bad days mixed in with the good, but oh the so needed encouragement and support at this time is just so helpful! I know with me anyways, its easier being out and looking in, I can see more clearly and progress in others so to speak more easily then within myself when I have a bad day, so getting that objectivity and encouragement from others is golden!

stephyk, I am glad that you are feeling better from your surgery. You sound ready and rearing to go, Im sure you will start losing it again! : )

sounds like we are all ready to go and positiveeeeee, which I feel is the NUMBER ONE secret! Im always battling to stay positive, speaking of which, Im heading over to our velveteen's new thread regarding postivie thoughts, very therapeutic and a good way to help stay positive despite obstacles.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #19  

count me in! I want to lose 15 pounds for the month of March. Wish me luck!!
I'm going to weigh on Mondays.....
3/5
3/12
3/19
3/26
shoogashayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 6

I'd love to join the challenge. My goal is 10 pounds by April 1st. I'll post my weight every monday!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #21  

hi girls, and welcome

well, im heading for a hot bath and some shuteye. hope you all wake up to a great start tomorrow...new day, new start. catch you tomorrow
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #22  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

FSA!!! I am so sorry, last weekend was crazy at work. I joined a gym yesterday! I am very exited! I used to go to this gym before Dax was born but I never really paid any attention to the nursery. I went on a gym search and eventhough it is a little more expensive I LOVE the cleanliness and all the classes that they offer, they also have a full basketball court, pool, batting cages, and more. Their childcare has everything (e.g basketball court for kids, 2 flatscreen computers with all educational software, 3 tvs playing different movies for different ages, triple padded floors and walls, and a sectioned of area for toddlers and babies that are learning to craw/walk! They every clean the carpets on the first of every month. I lost back those 3 lbs! O and I gave up fried food for lint...im not Catholic but I decided to do it with a friend

OMG...welcome booklover, kat, bobsgal, brittney, butterfly, worthey, summer, val, jellybeans, and steph. We are very exited to have you here. These girls have really helped me stay on track and are always very positive. I have a 9 month old, so I have been trying to all this baby weight, not easy. I work crazy hours so it has been important to me to have a support system like this. My plan is....I try to eat every 3 hours and alternate with 400cal and 200cal meals. I have also given up fried food for lint and almost all sugar! It hard but I'm going to the beach this summer and getting married this year and I am sick of not having enough energy with my son. I weigh in every monday morning. So everyone good luck
this is going to be a great month!
madison
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #23  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

O I'm sorry welcome pigginpodgey, shoogshayy, and mandi! We are glad to have you here.

FSA...where is elsie?
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #24  

good morning everyone

madiiiiiiii, hey you so happy to hear from you and alsoo soooooo excited for you! : ) I think that is so great about the gym. Oh, it sounds like their childcare is excellent! sounds like you found yourself a great place! oh my goodness, and a pool too! : ) I'll be eager to hear more about along the way, been ION's since I have been to a gym. way to go also, that's super you lost the 3 anddd you are doing the lent challenge! good for you!

yesssss, we have quite the crew this month! great eh? as for elsie, I don't know where she is I miss her ml , havn't see her at all. Maybe she is still having pc problems, hopefully we will see her during the course of the month sometime. Elsieeeeeeee, get your tail over here lady

thanks for the kind words, same applies to youuuuu : )

hope everyone is doing well, how is it going for everyone? I'm just taking it day by day here, as I typically do. I'll be sure to drink plenty of water today, feeling some fluid retention. I best be going, I have neglected dishes in my sink calling my name! lol
Old 02-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #25  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

Thumbs up

hey all, so great to see that so many of you are in the same situation. FSA thanks for the threatened harrassment, its extremely appreciated i did an hour aerobics class lastnight, and 15 mins on the treadmill. Looks like my weight is actually 235, so i didnt need to change anything. i had some french fries with dinner yesterday, but i had jane's fish, which is healthy. However, when i came home from the gym i took a chocolate bar from the cupboard to eat it all, BUT only had 2 squares and put the rest back That felt like a huge accomplishment for me since chocolate is my cryptonite!! trying to stay focused today, hard with both kids and my husband being sick. looks like there is no way im making it to the gym tonight, which may be ok since im sore from yesterday, and not feeling so good myself. my little guy just wants to be held today, so im chicken pecking with one hand for this post. he's only 5 weeks, so im going to have to think out my meals for the day since i wont be burning too many calories. Hope you ladies had a successful day
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #26  

Hi, all,
I would like to join. I'll weigh in on Sundays since that is the day I'm not rushing around to get out of the house but still have a routine so that I won't forget.
I am always so tired that I am in a constant brain fog anymore. I started taking that Relacore. I've actually had 3 nights in a row that I slept all night. So maybe that will help me over all. We had early dismissal at school today, but now that I got home sleepies are calling louder than the exercise video.
bellsgreatestloosers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/159/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I would love to be a part of this challenge as well.I've not been part of a challenge yet,so I'll have to try and remember to post my progress.I weigh on Wednesdays. I would love to lose 10lbs in March. I am a stay at home mom that doesn't have a license and there's a ton of cold and snow going on here right now,so I'm doing workout tapes and a bit of weight lifting.I am getting pretty bored with these dvd's-I have a few-but still!! Any ideas?Does walking and jogging on the spot while I watch Oprah sound like it will do much-I always seem to = sweat to postive--am I right?
lids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I would really love to lose 10 pounds this month. I weigh in Sunday mornings, so

Weight

3/4 182
3/11
3/18
3/25

Last edited by summerlove; 03-05-2007 at 11:08 AM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #29  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Since joining this site - yesterday - I have seen nothing but good feedback and encouragement.

My goal for this month is 10 lbs. Most importantly though is my goal to not beat myself up for every carb I eat. In the past I have tried to limit the amount of carbs I would intake because they were the enemy...but invariably, because I would go overboard in depriving myself, I would then binge on them. So my goal is balance and finding the joy of being in control and at peace.
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #30  

HI all , hope everyone is having a good day

It was sunny here today and a mild 45 degrees! (whichis great for mass. this time of year). I am so happy that tomorrow is march 1rst! spring is upon us : ) TOday went well, I had my beef night tonight and that was really good.

Oh where are my manners! welcome lytricia (pretty name ) , summerlove (my sentiments exactly, lol), lids, and bellsgreatestloosers. Nice to have you aboard

Jellybeanz, lol@threatened harrassment, hahahaha THat is superrr the workout you managed the other night! and with a newborn and all. By the way, what is Janes fish? Bravo indeed for having only 2 squares of chocolate, even with it being in the house! that takes discipline! good going! Keep up with the great work! i think its definitely ok giving the gym a break tonight, you did a lot of working out lastnight and if your muscles are sore best to give them a break. I hope your husband and kids feel better, and you tooo! take care of yourself, your doing good, keep it up I hopeyour baby is feeling ok, how is he/she sleeping?

summerlove, your nick describes me to a t! lol

lids, it's cold here too, though seemed like a heatwave today that it was in the 40's. I'm also at home right now and though I do have a liscence, I havn't had my vehicle in about a month! TO make a long story short, my DH has his car all apart and has been taking mine! lol I do dvd's too and also have a treadmill, and quite frankly, they have helped maintain my sainity but as you say, " but still" .... as far as your idea of walking/jogging to oprah, why not? give it a try. I think variety is key. experiment. I'm not sure we your locale is, but just remember that soon, very soon, warmer weather will be on the way! yes indeed! that means more outdoor activities outdoors , etc. I just can't wait to walk outdoors, its coming, so hang in there

hi bells : ) a good nights sleep sure makes a difference. You mentioned something about the sleepies calling you louder than the exercise video. I always try and make it a point to listen to m y body and I know when i feel tired ohhhh, it changes so many things for me. take care of yourself hun and your sleep needs first, I agree : ) all the rest comes after. I'm rebelious sometimes though, i fight it........but you somehow just know which demand is greater. welcome aboard

Lytricia, I sooooooooo hear you about the carb thing! I so totally agree. I still have my carbs, but i do limit them, but not to the extent oftotal deprivation ( as I tried to do in the past) and thus........binge!!!!!! so true! I'm working on that balance now, as you mentioned. I found that I dont have the intense cravings or binges anymore bye allowing myself some and adjusting that balance that is right for me! god, what a difference!

lets keep it going ladies, and gents I was thinking about our goals, we all seem to average about 10 forthe month, with some variability. As far as our weigh ins, etc. (for those of us weighing in) our day vary quite a bit and I thougt it might be a good idea to post a sort of chart of our various weighins (not a chart individually, we do that ourselves,, but more of a post with each of our nicks and weigh in days (for those of us with it) just to sort of keep track. anyways, I wanted to check with you all what you think ofthe idea? let me know your input okay? we are a team here. for example, it would be a one shot deal chart of sort, saying FSA, weigh-ins on mondays, etc. and then of course not keep track after that, but just a simple chart of the days we weigh in. well let me know , just a thought. I just want to make sure eveyone is ok with this first.

it is so nice we are uniting here. I see a bright and successful march )