Old 08-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Today is an "off plan day". Dh and I are going to a wine festival. I'm not going to go too crazy, but I not going to count today either.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #362  

Height: 5'7"

I didnt make my labor day goal..I missed it by 6lbs..so im using that a as reason to get my tail back exercising and try to get 40lbs off by Valentines day.Im going back to my 1400-1500 calories per day and see what happens..I had been doing 1800 for a few weeks now. Hugs to all and happy labor day!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #363  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Labour Day, everyone! I hope that you are all having a fun, safe and OP (or off plan ) holiday.

I have had a couple of good days. Under my calorie target, I haven't been terribly hungry and I figure, why eat if I don't feel like it?

Time to go try on those pants and see if I met my Labour Day Challenge goal...

Later, gators.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #364  

Yesterday was fun, although we didn't find too many wines we liked. It was a weird festival. We're used to the ones in California where many people are serious wine lovers, so it's informative and the servers are friendly and talkative. This was a drunken fest. Everyone was just interested in drinking and the servers hardly talked to you. Very strange. I think next year we'll try the one in Santa Fe to see if it's different. We did find one good wine though, a Gewurztraminer from Guadalupe Vineyards. It was just as good as a nice German Gewurztraminer.

I didn't track, but I hadn't gained this morning, so we're good. I'm back OP today.

dgramie~ Good for you! It's sounds like a good goal to lose 40 by V-day! You can do it!

rain dancer~ I hope those pants fit! There's nothing better then clothes fitting better. I find those kinds of NSVs the best!

Last edited by zenor77; 09-01-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

I wonder where my girls are tinky grammy??? anyways hey all I am finally back at 171 after my vaca. But I am sick as a dog today and not happy about it. Another problem I have in an OBSESSION with the twilight book series by stephenie meyer. Believe it or not I found myself absolutely in love with the lead male character. I have read 3 out of the 4 books but won't have money for the 4the until next month and I believe I shall die before then. I read all 3 in less then a day and a half and am back reading the first one AGAIN. Its not right to be this obsessed with a book lol. I can't wait for the movie!!!!
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #366  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Haven't been around for a while and for that I want to apologize.

Had company for a whole month ( sure glad those 5 extra people are gone ) and then we were camping off and on for all of August.

Now September has rolled around and things are back to normal. My knee has been really bad so I have been back on the meads for a few months off and on and of course have packed on some pounds. My official weigh in is tomorrow but I think the total gain is going to be around 20 pounds. Thats ok, I am off the meads again and now I can continue to eat right and exercise ( this is going to have to go slow as the knee still isn't what it should be ) and get this extra weight back off. Once I get back down to 144 ( I was down lower than that but 144 is where I was maintaining pretty much ) it is forward march to my goal. This journey we are all on to a more healthy and thinner body isn't always the straight and narrow. When there is nothing we can do about the detours all we can do is keep going forward. We will all get to where we want to be if we don't give up. I have been staying within my allotted amounts of calories and fats and carbs so at least I have been on plan and haven't rolled under the wagon wheels even if I haven't been able to push the wagon for the last couple of months lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #367  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone! I am sorry I haven't been as active on here. Work has been SO busy! Which is a good and bad thing. Bad thing because I don't have that much time to come on here.
So now I am re-working off what I gained from my stressful, off plan week and a half. Thank goodness it's mostly water weight though. LOL walking into work people were remarking how much weight I've lost, when truthfully I gained. LOL!

Zenor- Oh yeah I forgot to mention to you, that NM people have an affinity for drinking, that's why they're one of the tops places with DUI's. You guys be careful out there. And I was not there for the builing of the Road Runner trains, but will say it's about time.

Irish- Hi hun! Yeah I am back, then I will be off for two weeks down in CA. I want to make sure my new outfits aren't snug. LOL! I will make a better effort to post on here more. Don't go too crazy, now that you are waiting to get the next book! LOL....Great going getting back to 171! So sorry to hear you don't feel well.

Dgramie- I think your goal is very well attainable! You can do it. Scary to think that V-Day will be around the corner soon. I shudder at the thought of Christmas.

Shy- No reason to apologize, we know life can get hectic. But yeah I know what you mean with working the extra weight off. If I stuck to this like glue, I would probably be at goal, but I am not mad, just gotta keep marching.

Canadian- Sounds like you have a great plan there.

Cdiem- Working out is a great stress buster isn't it? I should of told myself that! LOL! Keep up the great work!

I also promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself until this weekend. So we'll see what my progress is. Well off to catch up with work, got lots to do! I will chat with you all later! Have a great day!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #368  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Had a good, on track day, yesterday. I was wondering how I would do, but since we didn't really treat it like a holiday, I just sailed through. Oh, the pants do fit. I was sooo relieved and happy when I tried them on. Whew! I am now working on reaching my Hallowe'en Challenge goal. We'll see how it goes. I chose another NSV goal. I kind of like those.

Shy, life gets crazy and you owe no apologies. It is great to see you, tho.

Tinky, sounds as if you have things well in hand. And you sound so happy.

He. He. I just realized that I am not stuffed as tight into my desk chair.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #369  

We went out for dinner last night and I ate WAY too much. Oops. I think I must had a lot of sodium too, because the scale was up and I know I didn't eat enough to gain three pounds. Today I'm focusing on keeping my calories in check and drink lots of water.

Can I vent about something random ladies? When did molasses get so freaking expensive? Seriously, $4 for a bottle? I'm making a big batch of baked beans tonight (freezing most of it) and I had to go buy molasses. Ouch! Holiday baking is going to be expensive this year!

Tinky~ Yeah, we see the DUI check points and hear all the public service announcements. People seriously thought we were weird for dumping some of our wine, but, um hello???? I didn't want to even start to feel it. I guess I'll never be 100% New Mexican, even if I live here a long time. I was surprised by the helmet laws too. I haven't seen a motorcyclist without a helmet since I was a kid.

Rain Dancer~ Woo Hoo!

Shy~ 5 guests for a whole month? I'd be happy to see them leave too. That a long time to have guests. Welcome back!

Irish~ Do you have a library you can get the book at? I almost never buy novels. Oh, and have you read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? OMG! So good! That's another series where you'll fall in love with the hero of the story. Let me just say, 18th century Scotsmen are HOT!

Toodles!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #370  
Rennie

I had to be by the docs office today so I did my weigh in today instead of tomorrow. Well, I knew the amount put back on was going to be bad and it was lol. 18 pounds. That's ok, I am off the meads for the time being and I can get this weight off. If I could do it once I can sure do it again. The good Lord is right there beside me. Kicking me in the bum to get moving and do some kind of exercise and keep away from the chocolate chip cookies lol.

Everything has gone up in price. If we didn't have to buy gas or food around here we would be rich lol. I went to get paraffin for jellies OH MY GOSH over 3 dollars. When did that happen. I bought it last year for 1.10 a box. I make fire starters for everyone for christmas. Hey dryer lint is free and so are pine cones lol. The only expense is the wax and maybe some glitter or scent to put in the wax. You can also use scented candle wax if you want. Oh AND you can put certain things in the wax if you want the flames to be different colors. Anyway I regress lol, what use to be a very cheap present that all campers loveeeeeeee now is turning out to be a much more expensive present. I don't think everyone is going to get 12 dozen fire starters for christmas this year.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-02-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #371  
Back to make it to goal!

Hey all, had a nice afternoon. I had to run to the bathroom like crazy, I've been drinking water like crazy to flush the excess sodium. I came home and cleaned up a bit. I am trying to keep it clean before I let the boys (DH and DB) live like frat boys for 2 weeks. I am hoping they clean after themselves, so I am setting an example. LOL!

Zenor- Yeah, I remember all the PSA too. I even watched a very scary and gross video in driving school when I lived there. The drinking and driving gets out of hand. I don't know what it was. Don't worry I lived there for about 6-7 years and always felt like a die hard Californian. LOL! I couldn't get into all the southwestern stuff, I liked some but wasn't all bathing in it.

I guess I wasn't the only one going crazy at the market, I think it's the gas prices and the demand, maple syrup went up a bunch too. I was making something that needed a good amount, and dang.....I had to do a double take!

Rain- Yeah despite all the crazy stuff I am dealing with, I am doing ok. I think my DH keeps me sane. LOL! If you haven't seen my post on the Halloween challenge, I stated that I am going to dress as a sexy cop this year. I felt bad, because the year before, I dressed up as a gangster, goatee and all and DH about attacked me! LOL! He thought I was fooling around! Ah priceless.

Shy- You can get back on track!! We have faith in you!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #372  
Rennie

Tinky
I did let myself get frustrated I must confess. I have been eating exactly like I should. I even lowered things a bit to try to make up for what I knew the meads were going to do. Didn't matter. I gave myself a few days to complain and yell about the injustice of it all lol and then I just looked forward to the day the weight would start to come off again. It could have been worse, much worse and I know it with as much medications as I was on. Sometimes, we just have to remember the glass is half full not half empty. Have my weigh in two weeks from tomorrow. I am going to see some change in the right direction I hope. It will probably be a month before I start to see any change. That is a real downer for me because I was going to hit my goal by my birthday just like I planned. I have to tell myself that is ok. I am going to look great next summer

Rain
Non scale victory's are very very important. They are what keep us going when the scale is not doing what we want it to do.

zenor
Didn't have much choice about the company. My house is the only house big enough for everyone to stay at. They are from out of state and with gas prices you stay as long as you can when you go somewhere lol.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #373  
Back to make it to goal!

Where is everyone? :::::::::::::Cue the crickets:::::::::.....

I hope everyone is doin ok!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #374  
Rennie

Tinky
I wondered the same thing. Maybe everyone is looking for the September thread.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #375  

There was a September thread made already. Hop on over ladies.