The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #316  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
I think the black team women did so well this week cause they threw the prior weigh-in .
I'm not sure they'll do so well next week - ???
good call. And I agree that Bob and Jillian have this down to a science by now. And I'm sure with this adversarial system they have going on there isn't a lot of information being exchanged between the two teams of trainers. It might have been interesting if the Bob and Jillian had each been paired up with one of the new trainers instead.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
It might have been interesting if the Bob and Jillian had each been paired up with one of the new trainers instead.
I agree with this...I think it would have been better, and the new trainers would have been easier to take, if one had been paired with Bob and the other with Jillian.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #318  

Height: 5'6"

I was *not* a fan of him from the beginning and I do think his game playing was what got him booted, *but* I think Arthur is going to be just fine and I do believe he did turn a corner. Shoot...5 miles each way to the gym on top of working out? Good for him! If he is making this a lifetime change and reclaiming his life and I think he is trying, then I hope he does win the at home prize. Good for him.

That said....I still can't stand Rulon or Justin. They can go anytime now...
Old 03-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #319  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
OK, am I the only one who thought Austin's friends were a bunch of jerks? He gets home and they throw him a party with all his trigger foods? I wanted to slap the girl telling him,"just have one". Uggh.

So glad Arthur is gone. I agree with everyone else. Karma will get you...
No, you weren't the only one! I'm glad he didn't fall for it though.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #320  

Height: 5'7

When can Arthur have that surgery to remove the hanging skin? Always felt like that was a big disadvantage for him. As for being voted of, I just couldn't get over how the red team acted like they were doing him a favor by voting him off.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #321  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chubster View Post
When can Arthur have that surgery to remove the hanging skin? Always felt like that was a big disadvantage for him. As for being voted of, I just couldn't get over how the red team acted like they were doing him a favor by voting him off.
I really hope he can afford something like that. It has to be so uncomfortable.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #322  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chubster View Post
I think, typically, a certain time interval (following weight loss) is required to make sure the person was able to sustain the weight loss, at least in Canada.
Recently, I read this article: ClickyMy heart was aching for the lady. This is from Alberta, I have no idea how it is in Ontario.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #323  

I'm in canada and I had no idea some tummy tucks were covered.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #324  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I'd also imagine he can't have it done until after the competition is over, if he wants to be eligible for the at home prize. Taking that skin off would cause weightloss in and of itself, and I imagine the contestants have prohibitions against things like that.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #325  

count me in as one who is very sorry to see Arthur go. I like him, can't explain why, I just do.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #326  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpappie View Post
count me in as one who is very sorry to see Arthur go. I like him, can't explain why, I just do.
In the beginning...not a fan, but he grew on me. I really think he had that lightbulb moment when it all clicked. I sure hope so. He has a nice family and what a great and healthy role model he could be for his kids. Oh and YES...R&J esp. of the red team did sound like they were doing him a favor. Honestly, those two guys just need to leave. Of course I know TBL loves that sort of drama.

I agree with the skin removal. That won't be able to be removed and still be eligible to compete until after the finale I imagine. I am guessing that his doctor will figure out a way to get it covered by insurance....if not...if he wins he will be able to afford it.

Last edited by Torister; 03-03-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Good for Austin for staying on track even on his bday, but yes, I felt bad his friends weren't being more supportive. They could of got him vegetables trays and fruit arrangements or something to celebrate.

I was surprised Sarah picked Bob and Jillian when her mom just went home last week to help keep Authur there... she worked with the other team before so it wouldn't have been that bad going back on that team.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #328  

I suspect the austin thing was set up by the producers. Otherwise it was awful convenient that the cameras were there
Old 03-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
I was surprised Sarah picked Bob and Jillian when her mom just went home last week to help keep Authur there... she worked with the other team before so it wouldn't have been that bad going back on that team.
To me, this just SCREAMS that Bob and Jillian are, so far, better and/or more experienced trainers. The contestants who have had the "unknown" trainers still picked Bob and Jillian, and Sarah and her mom openly said their workout was much harder.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

ok now this is beginning to bother me. Alot of talk is generated about how unhealthy BL is cuz they lose tons of weight so fast and most of us have agreed with that it's a show and no we can't expect to lose like them and on and on and on. Now there is alot of discussion about how the new trainers are so horrible and Jill and bob are sooo much better. What is going on? The new trainers are still training a team who lose weight just not at a as unhealthy rate as the old trainers team. And the fact the old trainers are just that older and more experienced. Don't get me wrong I am not a huge fan or even a really small fan of the new trainers but I do think they deserve a chance.