The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #241  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey View Post
I was so pleased at seeing so many people reach Onederland last night! I can't wait to be there myself!
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #242  

what was the red team thinking by not putting up Arthur? I think Courtney or Irene will win it all.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #243  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodie View Post
what was the red team thinking by not putting up Arthur? I think Courtney or Irene will win it all.
They weren't. They were being cocky....like they were going to win even putting up one of "the small girls" instead of Arthur or Courtney. I love when a plan backfires. LOL! I am soooooo rooting for the Black team!!

I would like Courtney win. Her head is totally in this and she is doing this for all the right reasons.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post

Healthy fats are not the enemy, carbs are!
ITA Eating fat is making me lose weight. I love my bacon (we really need a dancing bacon guy )
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 221/ticker/145

Height: 5'1"

I want Courtney to win so bad it hurts!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #246  

Is Cara, the female new trainer trying to be Jillian lite, or are all trainers psychologist wannabes? I really didn't care to hea how baddly Rulon's life sucks since he won the olympics. There are a lot more interesting people there and I would like to know more about them., but maybe they needed to give him a certain amount of camera time because he is a 'celebrity'.
I too love the black team, but then the only people on the red team that are given much camera time so I can get to know them are the former yellow team. I find it hard to believe the rest of the red team is so passive to thoese two. Arthur has already lost a bunch of weight before he came on the show and I think when it comes to keeping up with the rest on things he does have that big pouch of hanging skin that looks like it reached almost to his knees, I bet that's hard to work around.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
Arthur has already lost a bunch of weight before he came on the show and I think when it comes to keeping up with the rest on things he does have that big pouch of hanging skin that looks like it reached almost to his knees, I bet that's hard to work around.
I was thinking the same thing about all the skin he's got. If you watch "Heavy," some of the people featured have had surgery during weight loss to remove excess skin there in the front to give them better mobility.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
I was thinking the same thing about all the skin he's got. If you watch "Heavy," some of the people featured have had surgery during weight loss to remove excess skin there in the front to give them better mobility.
I was thinking the same thing too! Also, his abdominal muscles are weak from all of that excessive abdominal fat and skin. I think he should have been losing more all along though. He aggravates me. But, maybe now he is on the right track.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #249  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Bettek, I don't think trainers are "psychologist wannabes" but I do think that the psychological element is key in this journey we're all on. I've heard they have a psychologist on staff at the ranch, but the trainers spend so much time with the contestants that they're bound to see them at times where they're most open to talking about whatever issues they're carrying around. We all have those and all have to learn to deal with them to be successful on this journey. They must become practiced at identifying issues and helping people work through them.

I'm so glad that the ladies on the black team rallied around Arthur. He was really annoying me, but it was clear he needed a strong influence in his life to give him a kick in the ***, rather than his father enabling him. Those ladies certainly can provide that.

I got really annoyed when they freaked about the possibility of him cooking his fish in olive oil - a spray of olive oil is so healthy! It reminded me of Bob scolding his team a few seasons ago for not using olive oil or any other sources of healthy fats in their diet.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #250  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
I got really annoyed when they freaked about the possibility of him cooking his fish in olive oil - a spray of olive oil is so healthy! It reminded me of Bob scolding his team a few seasons ago for not using olive oil or any other sources of healthy fats in their diet.
interesting though that the oil would have more calories than the fish
Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #251  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

It would only have more calories than the fish if he used a couple of table spoons of it. You just need a tiny amount to cook fish like that and it makes it taste loads better and makes it healthier.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #252  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmel3283 View Post
I was pretty bummed they sent Jay home... I really like him, and I really like his daughter...if she's pulling big numbers on average...why send her home...that's so dumb...send home the person who either isn't showing big numbers or is too close to goal to give them.

I was really happy Arthur did well and stepped up. I find myself constantly rooting for the Black Team...I think the red team is a little too cocky.

Great episode last night.
i agree- they should have sent kayla/kaylee? home. she's closer to her goal. if they were really thinking of "playing the game" that would have been the right move. everyone else has the potential to put up larger numbers week after week. and why pick irene? arthur or courtney's weight not to count would have been smart...duh....
personally, i'm not into the red team too much. i don't dig the cocky family bullcrap they got going on. it is nice to get to know some of them, but all in all, they bother me. i do like their trainers. cara sounds like she's from my old neighborhood in brooklyn. ha! and to know that brett was once overweight makes him more relateable.

Last edited by fillupthesky; 02-17-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #253  

we all know they eventually won't have teams..wonder how much of a family they will be then? I'm for the black team...though I do like some members of the red team too.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #254  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

The red team just bugs me for some reason...IDK why...they just do.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
we all know they eventually won't have teams..wonder how much of a family they will be then? I'm for the black team...though I do like some members of the red team too.
They'll turn on each other like a pack of wolves fighting over a steak. Unless Rulon and his partner guy have them all so brainwashed that they protect them...