The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #1  

Default Biggest Loser Season 11

Did anyone watch the show last night? What were your thoughts?

Sherry
Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I watched it and I loved it. Last season was the first season I watched and this will be my second. I was diappointed that they didn't show more of what was happening at the "unknown" camp. How are we going to get to know those? I do wish we learned more about their days and how long their workouts are and what they are eating. I also remember I thought last season they met with the Dr. the first show. Some of these people are so big I can't imagine what health concerns they may have. Anyway- I guess I have more questions. I'll look forward to next week though.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW210/CW189/GW115

Height: 5ft

It looks like it's going to be much better than last season. And for the record... I definitely would have taken immunity if I had the choice. I don't know why people think Bob and Jillian are miracle workers, they're just lucky enough to have been cast for the show, there are plenty of other trainers out there who know what they're doing. I can't believe the people who passed up the opportunity for 4 weeks of immunity (even Bob and Jillian thought they were stupid for doing so!lol). And I think it was kind of lame that they still didn't show the new trainers.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I watched, although I kept flipping back and forth between another channel in the second hour as the TBL's second hour overlaps with another show that also started last night. I hate that. Not to mention the fact that What Not To Wear is also airing in the same slot.

I did not see the end but I was disappointed that they did not reveal the identity of the 'unknown' trainers. If I were on the show, and had the chance to select trainers, I would not hesitate a second and I would have gone with the unknown. The contestants' reasoning that "Bob and Jillian have a proven track record" - bah humbug. I am sure that the new trainers are just as capable as B+J, plus, the 4-week immunity was priceless.

I was impressed with Courtney who had shrunk from 430 to 330 on her own, prior to being selected as a TBL contestant; and also the heaviest dude (sorry I can't recall his name) - who is currently 520 or so but he had been over 600 lbs prior to getting on the show.
Courtney seems to have a lot stamina for a gal so heavy - thumbs up to her!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Luckyme0510,
We think alike. :-)
I had the window with half of my post typed up but I was on a phone call and finished afterwards. Meanwhile, you posted exactly the same.
:-)
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW 231/ S158 / C125.7/ G120

I was very surprised that new trainers are being introduced this season, as well as some of the contestants trainer choices. May they all be successful!

Did you see the pound for pound challenge commercial? I've pledged 20 pounds. For every pound you pledge & lose during the challenge (thru the end of May), they'll match a pound of food for the local food bank of your choice, in the US.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #7  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

I missed most of it, DS was not having a good night last night - poor little thing
Im confused I think, 4 weeks of immunity for the 'unknowns' does that mean for the first 4 weeks its only the bob/Jillian team is going to be eliminated? That would make no sense to pick that team on purpose your doubling your chances to be sent home . . that is what I'm understanding right?
And if that's the case, are the next 4 weeks a free for all or is it just the unknowns that get eliminated? I can't wrap my head around why you wouldn't take the deal and ensure a month on the ranch.
Hmmmmmm
Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #8  
~Kim~

I already think the contestants are going to be a lot more likable then they were last season. I heard or read somewhere that Courtney and Arthur (the 520 guy) were required to lose weight just to get on the show.

It was driving my husband crazy that they wouldn't show the new trainers. When they were standing on that hill and they kept showing the silhouettes of them in front of that light he kept going off. I thought it was funny. I don't know why they are dragging that out so long, it's not that big a deal. I wonder if they are just going to focus on the groups that are with Bob and Jill for the first couple weeks. Maybe they want to focus on a smaller group of contests to give us time to get to know them better. Kind of a good idea to me. I usually don't start really liking people until halfway through the season because it's so hard to really learn anything about them when there are so many people.

I would have taken the immunity. It completely cracked me up the way Bob and Jill reacted to the people that chose them over immunity.

Hopefully it's a good season. Always makes me feel motivated.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

They work out 6-8 hours a day and then I believe their diets are something similar to this:

http://www.lhj.com/health/weight-los...day-diet-plan/

I thought it was pretty good- I missed the first half so got in late but I'm definitely interested in the new trainers- I think this might be a way to move to new trainers and let Bob and Jillian move on to other things.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5

Looked like it's going to be a goo season. Though they are dragging the unknown trainers out far too long. Loved the little hints at the weighin of how well the other team is doing.

I would have gone for immunity too. It's not like they wouldn't have hired qualified trainers
Old 01-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

This looks to be a great season. Like others have posted, I too would have taken the 4weeks of immunity with the unknown trainers. To spend 4 weeks with 2 personal trainers and nothing to worry about but working out....priceless. LOL..It is KILLING me that they didn't reveal the new trainers! Hopefully next week they'll reveal more of the unknown team. This first episode seem to be alot of "getting to know you and get started stuff"

Bob's comments about Jillian saying she wasn't going to yell this season was hilarious!!!!

Can't wait for next week!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/201.2/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Great show last night! I liked them keeping the trainers a secret and just getting snippets of what is going on. In the end (at least after the 4 weeks when I assume they will reveal them) I think the message will be - who cares how and with whom, just get your bootay off the couch and MOVE! Could be a great message, I think. I also think it will be exciting to really not see much of those contestants until after four weeks when they've really made some physical changes. The first couple weeks, you see weight loss but not much in the physical changes department.

Anyway, I love the format and the mystery. Did you hear in the preview for next week that if the B&J team beat the unknown team in weight loss then no one goes home - cleaver. I LOVE IT!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Loved it. Caught it on accident doing my treadmill and flipping the channels. No deep thoughts about it really. I have missed the last two seasons and now I come back and they have new trainers OMG!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #14  

I was glad to hear the new male trainer say that he has a degree in Sports Medicine.

Sherry
Old 01-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #15  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm already liking this season better, but really can't pinpoint why. Last season was just a dud.

I don't care a bit one way or other about the new trainers, so dragging it out is fine with me. There's no itch to scratch there. LOL!