The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #661  

Height: 5'5

wow. He looks great
Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #662  
Token Vulcan

I wonder whose idea it was for most of the women to encase themselves in the tightest, shortest dresses they could find. When Sarah came out in long sleeves I was shocked, I thought the women were mandated to go sleeveless or something.

Justin....wow! He looked even better than I expected (although he looked like he'd been hurt, he was limping). I always liked Justin, I liked his humor from the first show. He had me when he said "confidence is one thing, smarts is another."

I'm glad Rulon wasn't there. Wearied of his presence on the show and in the end, I think he turned out to be a sore loser. I also read about him and Justin not being friends. I just think it's significant that the contestant interviews indicated they loved Justin but had a problem with Rulon's attitude. And Rulon claiming he wasn't about playing the game...he'd been attempting to control things all along, that's one of the things the other contestants complained about.

Wasn't really a fan of any of the finalists (although I'm glad Hannah didn't win...that chatter of hers drove me nuts), it was more interesting to see the eliminated players. When I saw Deni, she reminded me of how thin Helen was at the finale when she won. I don't think it looked good on her. Marci looked healthy.

Gosh, the twins weigh less than I do.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #663  
focused and aiming

Every season I'm amazed at how most of the contestants start off outweighing me; then by end of season, they are well under what I weigh. Tells you something about me, doesn't it? We have an in front of the TV. I have no excuses. Well, I have zillions of excuses, but they aren't good.

The show has motivated me to do better. I think it's wonderful how they are focusing on "passing it forward." Some of them, including Bob, even say things about our getting off the couch. I'm wondering how many folks out there in TV-Land have lost weight because of watching this show.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #664  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
IRulon claiming he wasn't about playing the game...he'd been attempting to control things all along, that's one of the things the other contestants complained about.

Wasn't really a fan of any of the finalists (although I'm glad Hannah didn't win...that chatter of hers drove me nuts), it was more interesting to see the eliminated players. When I saw Deni, she reminded me of how thin Helen was at the finale when she won. I don't think it looked good on her. Marci looked healthy.

Gosh, the twins weigh less than I do.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that had enough of Hannah. I wish I could see the last show. I tried searching but it only showed the other twin winning and the other with the blonde hair. I was like... when the heck did that happen??? lol
Old 05-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #665  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Every season I'm amazed at how most of the contestants start off outweighing me; then by end of season, they are well under what I weigh. Tells you something about me, doesn't it? We have an in front of the TV. I have no excuses. Well, I have zillions of excuses, but they aren't good.

The show has motivated me to do better. I think it's wonderful how they are focusing on "passing it forward." Some of them, including Bob, even say things about our getting off the couch. I'm wondering how many folks out there in TV-Land have lost weight because of watching this show.
Do you think if we could rent out, borrow exercise equipment we would do better at exercising?

i wonder what it would be like to have a Spinner in front of a TV, at home. I see them spin, *used to* at clubs and it makes me wish I had one at home.

I had one of those recliner ones years and years ago ... Dang thing hurt my butt so I stopped and sold the thing.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #666  
focused and aiming

My :ebik: stands upright and is hiding right behind the sofa recliner. Guess which one I use more. For awhile I was using 5 minutes for every 60 minutes of TV. It's amazing how much I was riding. I confess to being lazy. Now I need to get off here and go outside to take a walk. (At least that's getting me off the recliner for a few minutes.)

Ya'll have a good evening.

PS: Anyone know when BL's next season starts? I miss it already.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #667  
~Kim~

Ontarget~ I believe Ally said the next season will start in September.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #668  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one that had enough of Hannah. I wish I could see the last show. I tried searching but it only showed the other twin winning and the other with the blonde hair. I was like... when the heck did that happen??? lol
The full finale is up on the NBC website. It's Week 21.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #669  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Kim.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #670  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad Olivia won. She deserved it.
Justin...wow. He's like...HAWT.
Kaylee was as expected.
Deni didn't look too good, but kudos to her for being the at-home winner!
Sarah looked like a completely different girl! Beautiful!
Jen...she looks great, but something about her is off-putting. Same with Jay.
Dan & Don! OMG good for both of them!
Moses, Arthur, Jesse, Courtney, Q, Larialmy...all seemed to stagnate.
Rulon, good riddance.
Marci! Good on you, Marci!
Irene and Hannah are beautiful!
Austin looked good, Ken looked ok. Both also off-putting. :/
Cara did look pregnant! Brett calling? <3
I'll miss Jillian, and forget Anna.

Shame on all the ladies on this forum making this all about looks. Their health is finally in order, and that needs to be PRAISED.

So pumped for next season, though! Can't wait to see Bob! lol