Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

I hear you on being able to listen to your body, aud. It's amazing to feel in control like that. High carbs (aka 'eating healthy') make me feel like I'm a ragdog being thrown around by some crazy child.

Hope you feel better soon, aud. Sorry the pills aren't working :-(
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #32  

Rag dog, hee. I meant a rag doll :-)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #33  

Feel better aud! I remember someone posting about a LC soup that is very comforting when you're sick. Hamburger meat, Rotel, cream cheese and seasonings. I'm going to make some soon and then freeze some so I'm prepared for when I'm under the weather. I seem to always want to turn to soups when I feel bad and I need to be prepared.

AnaBee, ragdog describes it good too

we're having ribs tonight. One of my favorites. I need more fat in my diet so I'm going to eat bacon for breakfast
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Ana yes my friend is in Melbourne....Right now It is 10 F out my kitchen window - and I am sitting in my chair with fleecy socks, long pants, Long sleeve shirt and fleecy cardigan AND a blanket over me right now - and my cup of coffee that is cooling off quickly ...my furnace is running and can't get it above 62 -- and I swear that I lost my bodies insulation because I can't get warm lately I will put up with that and layer more and more clothes though

Aud we are finally starting to feel better or at least almost human - I got NyQuil and DayQuil in capsule form - to keep in the house for me. Hubs was the barking one i was more sniffly, achy, headachy feel like a truck hit me this time. With some stomach issues the last few days ..

I need to feel good enough to go pick out a new washer (and dryer so they are both energy efficient - my dryer is over 20 yrs old like the broken washer). My laundry basket has turned into a laundry mountain since it broke and we haven't felt good enough to worry about it .. But hubs is going to Las Vegas for a business show in a week and a half and will need more than what I can wash out quickly in the sink heheheh Getting front loaders so I can move it upstairs when I organize enough to figure a spot for it (hubs thinks he is winning this battle and that I gave up the idea -Ummm no just adjusting it for future with everything in place already lol) I break to easily to be carting laundry up and down stairs now and hubs is 8 years older than me so I'm planning for future ease....all I will need is the bracket to stack it when I'm ready to move it (could take awhile but the plan is there at least)

Today was weigh in day for me and I am down 3 from last week that means a few weeks coming up with teeny tiny losses - I would love a decent loss for next week though since my dr appointment got moved up to next Friday. but I think that this loss was from only eating chicken soup and whatever was quick and easy and not caring at all about eating..

also next week I start in with my actual walking at the Rec. Center on the track - that will get my steps up - I'm shooting to get back to 10,000 steps a day minimum - with my ultimate goal being 10,000 steps there along with whatever I add during the day ... I was doing it years ago .. And I considered that my time I would listen to music or a book while I walked and would take water with me and sit down once and drink a bottle of water before continuing ... It will take me awhile to build up to it but I will get there.

Dang I wrote a book didn't I?
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #35  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

We are leading parallel lives rho lol . . . my washer and dryer are downstairs (hate) and 8 years older DH also thinks I've given up on the moving upstairs idea (I haven't!)

It's been very sunny here the last two but also brutally cold . . . they're calling for a warm up to 50 degrees then 60 degrees before freezing again over the weekend. Weather roller coaster has a lot sick around here!

I'm a bit better on the hackin' today thanks violet and that soup sounds yum! Hadn't even thought of soup during the worst of it - packing some bouillion (sp???) thanks to your idea, cuz just not sure what I'll be hungry for tonight.

I actually was "laughing out loud" reading your post anabee - and din't even notice it said "ragdog" . . . then when you corrected, I giggled all over again! I vote for contacting 3fc and asking they give us a "ragdog being thrown around by a crazy child" emoticon at once!!!<But never replace my friend! And yes it IS a feeling of control, I hadn't looked at recognizing the feelings of fullness/hunger that way but that's exactly what it is . . . and I love it!

I was down a bit more this "morning" but won't add Carrott Hotness () until I get in late tonight as I won't know if I stayed OP til then.

Have a good one All and cya in the Wee Hours!

PS: Good idea on the Day/Ny Quil rho . . . it's one thing to stock up the pantry for LC Lifestyle, but totally forgot the medicine cabinet!

Last edited by aud; 01-04-2012 at 11:49 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

i've been back on since monday. back to pre-christmas weight!!

I'll join in. I will b on totally on plan 38 days minimum. Would do the exercise thing, but I'm about to add a part time job into my busy schedule, so staying on plan might b enuf of a challenge.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #37  

welcome back Kel!

I did great yesterday and kept carbs below 20. A friend of mine is doing this with me. she said years ago she saw a nutritionist who recommended LC to her with one cheat hour a week. First of all, I've never heard of doing that. I think that would be a slippery slope for me as I would get off track and go carb crazy. Second, I'm really surprised a nutritionist suggested this WOE. So many are against it. It sounds like that nutritionist in on track a little anyway.

I would be scared the one hour a week would put me out of ketosis and I would have to start all over, so I'm not going to do that. What do you guys think?

On another note, I asked to have my work schedule changed and it was approved! I work at home, but still have a schedule and wasn't sure if they would do it, but they did! I now work 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., so there is a little window of time to get some walking in before it gets dark in the evenings. It's going to be nice to have that time in the evenings !

I hope you all have a good day!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #38  
aud
lc lifestyle

Well we got off early YAAAY, which led to a celebration at a nearby restaurant/bar YAAAY, which led to me going totally off plan: BOOOO! Up 2 lbs for my effort . . . but right back at it today! Rumored to get off early again tonight . . . think I've learned my lesson?

I think so.

Off to adjust my numbers and add my devil.

Hiya ArkyKel . . . long time no see.

I'd be scared of the 1 hour thing too Violet . . . I've got the tendency to let 1 slip up lead to days/weeks/months of "to **** with it" type thinking.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #39  

Hi everyone!!

Glad I made you laugh :-)

Violet, I'd be scared of the one hour thing too. I tried to set rules like that over christmas and i just didn't work for me. I need to be all or nothing. I'd like to change that mind set, but the cravings aren't worth it. I'm not sure about going out of ketosis, I've never really been sure I was in it.

I've been pretty badly off track for awhile, but I saw my doctor this morning and she was so positive. She's into alternative treatments and thinks that it might be allergies that's causing my fatigue or possibly candida again (I was being treated by her for that, but we tapered off the medication I was taking) and we're doing some other tests. I had gained a little since I last saw her but she's always so positive about what I have achieved so far and determined to make me feel well, and it really inspired me. I'd run out of the supplement she gives me that contains chromium and that stuff is great for keeping away the cravings so that might've contributed to being off track. Anyway, I feel like something has clicked again in my head, and that's what I needed. Also, she's cut my dose of the metformin in half and while stopping that altogether makes me anxious (I didn't lose any weight until I started taking it, even if it's still hard) but I have felt that it also makes it hard to eat low carb without feeling like crap. I'm feeling positive about that too. So, onwards and downwards!

Aud, the devil keeping the carrots in line just totally cracks me up.

My new goal - to be on plan every day, whatever weight loss that brings me.

edited to add - I'm going to count in mice :-)

Mice, and

Last edited by AnaBee; 01-06-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #40  

Morning everyone - still not feeling great ... But a little better at least ... Sitting here feeling annoyed with hubby because he has been asleep for 11 hours (in fact he just got up and said he thinks he is going to sleep his life away) and I can't get more than 5 1/2 hours with a sleeping pill! What I wouldn't give to get 8 hours .... It's been at least a decade since I got a good full nights sleep...

Mice vs piggy icons lol. Made me giggle .. I love that idea too..

Bodies are weird things aren't they - I weigh in on Wed. And that is my official day but I weigh every morning - I don't change what I eat but after Wed. I have a few days of gaining weight (not a lot but it shows on the scale damn) then by next Wed it drops again for a loss lol. Weird.....

Glad to see everyone back on yay

Crawling back into my sick hidey hole for a bit more ..... But I'm managing to walk in place to meet my daily small step goal... So that is something at least.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #41  
aud
lc lifestyle

TGIF All!

Back to where I was b4 my OffPlan evening so thatsa big> . . . so glad I went right back on track . . . definitely mindless backsliding after a lil slip up is a "large" part of the faulty thinking that has got me to where I am today.

Love the mice and piggy . . . one of the best parts of 3FC (besides the support) are the awesome emoticons! Even found a lil> forya anabee!

Hang in there with what we call around here "The Creeping Crud" - hoping this is your last bout . . . today is the first day I feel the most like "myself" since the day after Christmas . . . it just kept hanging on! I still am blwing and honking tho'!

It's a CRAZY 60 degrees here today--with light snow predicted for Saturday lol . . . headed to the trail with mp3 and then running errands (this is one of our Fridays off work with our 4 10 hr schedule) Off to add my Orange Hunka for being OP yesterday and new numbers . . . ttyal!

Last edited by aud; 01-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

On the hour off thing, sometimes I can totally do it. Others, it's definitely the slippery slope. Problem is, I don't always judge my ability well enuf. Plenty of times, PLENTY I've taken a bite or two and walked away. and others, not so much. Fell into a big pile of carby muck and got stuck.

I was carb counting again, which I don't usually, I usually just eat low carb, but don't count. I started counting this time. Went well, then hit the buffet tonight. Ribs. ok, so far so good. 4 pieces catfish. Not bad, but has cornmeal breading. small salad. good good. and 2 little stuffed crabs. CR#P. they were little cornbread and crab stuffed crabs. Quite good. I didn't go crazy, but I slid off a bit. So, I'll call it an off day.

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 01-06-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #43  

I think I'm going to have to buy some clothes - maybe some fleece or sweatpants to wear around the house - the only thing keeping them up right now are the ties at the waist .. I think I have a couple pair of jeans I can get back intro (or shrink in the washer for now) I can hold off on them for a bit and I can wait on tops for a but more (I like them loose anyway)

I ordered my iPhone and it should come next Wed - that was my carrot for losing 50 lbs - I waited till I hit 52 to be sure it stuck I have wanted one for years ... I'm giving up SHOTIME on the tv and my iPad data plan and possibly Netflix instant to make up the difference in the phone bill for it.

And today we go look at washer and dryers - our laundry mountain is getting huge and hubs leaves the 16th for Vegas so I need to do all that laundry heheheh... We are finally more mobile - I actually cooked dinner last night - a roast --- found a neat way to do it - let it get to room temp then put in a 450 oven for 20 min turn it off and leave it for 20 min a lb (I can't turn my oven off without opening the door or an alarm goes off so I put the oven temp down to 100) I did it 17 min a lb because hubs likes it rare rare but 20 min would have been great for me.

I need to win the lottery with everything breaking down now - right after getting the new to me car to boot....Probably would help my chances if I actually bought a ticket occasionally
Old 01-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #44  

I can't do the hour thing either. I told my friend that it may lead her to go on an all out carb fest.

I bought all the stuff for the one-minute muffin and I'm going to try one today. I'll let all of you know how it turns out lol..

I'm feeling pretty good this time and I'm not really having any carb cravings. One thing I need to do is drink more water. I drink quite a bit, but need to drink more.

what are some of your favorite LC foods that you can't do without?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #45  
aud
lc lifestyle

Mine is cauliflower . . . esp with the cream cheese sauce but even without. I keep bags of the frozen handy and fresh cut up in the fridge. I got burnt out on pork rinds and cheese sticks last time I committed to this WOE, but have some on hand this time for emergencies.