Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #16  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Enjoyed my walk and the book (starts out with a guy getting a job at a place like Websters Dictionary!) It's been forever since I was down on the trail and remembered the last time I was there I had to sit on 5 different benches . . . this time only sat down twice . . . progress.

Not sure where I saw the recipe, but if it was on here somewhere Shout Out to whoever posted the Jalapeno Poppers! DH (skinny chubby lover who has a saboteur streak when it comes to my LC Lifestyle) loved these also . . . fun to munch watching football. I used Serrano (?sp?) peppers instead of Jalapeno.

Really working on water intake . . . got a tiny slice of lemon and a tiny chunk o' lime going on, seems to help me glug. Finally made the connection that Crystal Light was triggering me to binge eat around 2am - have always had a prob getting enough plain water so far the slight citrus has helped.

Up at 4am tomorrow . . . by the end of the week will be going to bed around 4am lol . . . should be fun!

Off to add my Day 1 OP Rockin' Carrot . . . nite all!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

That dancing broccoli is cute and much more on plan than a carrot.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 01-01-2012 at 10:32 PM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Aud - I don't do shift work but it is 3:33 am and I'm still up... Ugh. Insomnia sucks..

WHOO HOO on the walk - that is better for sure..
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #19  

I found a low carb forum on the internet, so I think I am going to hang out over there. Good luck everyone. I will pop in now and then.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I'm in, I'll track days with carbs on plan (re-starting induction beginning today, may move up in OWL levels over the coming weeks though, so it won't always be the the same target number).

I also will try for a specific weight loss, but I want to see how much of the holiday pounds are carb bloat (I was in ketosis before x-mas, and some of the pounds are sure to be water weight that I'll lose this week - next Monday's weight will be the one I consider "real" weight gain, not water).
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
I found a low carb forum on the internet, so I think I am going to hang out over there. Good luck everyone. I will pop in now and then.
We will be here if you want double duty support I hit a few sites but this is my main group it seems. I need all the support I can find heheheh
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinparis View Post
I'm in, I'll track days with carbs on plan (re-starting induction beginning today, may move up in OWL levels over the coming weeks though, so it won't always be the the same target number).

I also will try for a specific weight loss, but I want to see how much of the holiday pounds are carb bloat (I was in ketosis before x-mas, and some of the pounds are sure to be water weight that I'll lose this week - next Monday's weight will be the one I consider "real" weight gain, not water).
Sounds like a great plan -
Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #23  

I made a new decade if numbers today! Isn't that the best feeling...

Had to cancel my doctors appointment for Wed - haven't been able to get the blood work done - and still too sick to do it today. So it is for the 13th now - maybe I can be down a few more pounds by then - and yes I'm planning on wearing my Lycra workout pants under my jeans to strip down to for weigh in lol. No way I will wear 3 lbs of jeans when I weigh in. Better try them on again though they might need to be taken in so they don't fall off heheheh
Old 01-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Falling off jeans is a great feeling though, Rho!

I'm glad it's summer for me so I can wear a light gauzy skirt to the docs on Friday - I'll get weighed then too.

My goal is to get out of the 170s. Considering I'm at 181 this morning (up from the new year's challenge!) it seems a big challenge but I think it's doable because I'm hoping for a whoosh now I'm back on track again. I didn't eat a tonne of calories when I was away, just a tonne of carbs (from fruit, mostly, I ate nectarines like they were going extinct. And I had rice or rice noodles when my mum/sister did).

Oh and I post elsewhere too, though mainly here. I like reading posts elsewhere though and then I end up commenting so I feel like I'm all over the place!

Last edited by AnaBee; 01-02-2012 at 05:41 PM.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #25  

I'm in smaller jeans so they aren't completely falling off though they do slip down some -- its the Lycra exercise pants that I'm afraid will fall off lol.

Was talking to a friend in Australia and it was going to be HOT there - hoping it is cooler where you are. We are supposed to have a drop in temps and high wind and possibly snow late tonight and tomorrow - I don't think lots of snow but they are talking single digits wind chill and a North West wind which means my living room windows will sing loudly... Plus it will be cold in here ... Yay for my fleece Snuggie .. It will keep me warm in my chair at least.

Last edited by rho1640; 01-02-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #26  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hate hate hate insomnia! When I originally flipped from nights to days, had it quite often . . . which made dragging out of bed all that much worse. It's part of the reason I'm choosing to return to 2nds - I've just never got good rest on this shift.

Ooops changed my weight but forgot my Carrot!

I agree with anabee rho . . . falling off jeans is a great thing! Been a long time since I've enjoyed that feeling.

Got 2 pretty long indoor walks in today at the plant - we're having crazy weather here - 60 degrees Sunday - in low 20's today with gusty gusty icy winds! Better off inside! Plus the mp3 book is getting more interesting, love how it makes me forget I'm moving lol.

DH and I had some all-system-encompassing bug over the Holiday so didn't get out much . . . we made it out late this afternoon to see Sherlock Holmes, finally and both enjoyed (for a change.) We were big fans of the PBS series a few years back. These are cute but no Jeremy Brett lol.

Proud to report that I made it through the show w/o my usual lg double butter popcorn! I took one baggy of braunschweiger, one of sliced cucumbers and two slices of swiss cut up . . . hard to crave popcorn and candy while stuffing your face with that combination!

It was good too and so filling I'm skipping anything else tonight - 'cept having a hot lemon water as I babble here . . . gotta run, got a hot date with that orange dancin' hunk

Have a great OP day and cya tomorrow!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

G'night Aud (& carrot) sounds like a good day!

Hee, you're doing great rho if you're at risk of losing lycra pants!!!

It's not so hot where I am (though getting warmer tomorrow I think) but if your friend is in or near Melbourne I think they had a stinky hot night. I don't mind a hot day so much if it cools down so you can sleep (having central air/heat at home is pretty unusual, since our weather doesn't usually reach extremes either high or low. But fans don't cut it if it's really hot and humid over night)
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #28  

I am dropping out of the challenge. I am going to go back to calorie counting. Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
I am dropping out of the challenge. I am going to go back to calorie counting. Good luck to everyone.
Sorry to see you go but good luck and lotsof success in your journey
Old 01-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #30  
aud
lc lifestyle

Good luck with calorie counting cw!

The creeping crud DH and I have had since the Holidays continue . . . deep deep cough now. Thera-Flu had been helping but when I went on Induction I remembered that they are full of sugar - I'm taking Hubs "cold and cough pills for people who have high blood pressure" cuz that's the only type med in the house that I know has no carbs.

They're really not helping lol

Went down a little bit more this morning and into "new numbers" w00t!
Switched to tuna today, been overdoing the eggs and red meat I think. I stocked up on protein shake mix (the kind with 3gram total carb) cuz with the changing hours, my body won't know when breakfast etc is and a lot of times I'll just need a swig of the shake for energy.

I love that when I "do Atkins" I can really start listening to my body and actually have a clue to when I'm actually HUNGRY or when I'm FULL. I know it sounds ludicrous, but on any other "diet" I'm either mindlessly stuffing myself or starving, ya know? I have noticed over the years that when on this high protein/fat, I actually have a tendency to not eat at all so think the shake will come in handy at those 4 hour intervals. Tonight we had some seasoned sliced chicken seared in a lil butter and olive oil with some similarly seared turnip slices with about a half cup of spinach. I could only take a few bites of each item and have packed the rest for whatever time I think lunch is tomorrow nite . . . starting at noon and won't get off til 11pm. The "real nite shift starts Monday, when we'll start at 5:30pm.

Well rho, hope you got some rest after your bad night? And that the weather straightened out for you anabee.