Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Default November Chat and Accountability Thread

Welcome all 40-somethings who want to be accountable, chat...or whatever else you want to talk about.

Let's support each other in our journies.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #2  

Well, I had a wonderful weekend. Just glorious weather! Got my house all cleaned up and grocery shopping done. Saturday evening, my fiance came over and we watched our team's football game on TV with a friend. Had lots of trick-or-treaters during that time. Fiance gives out handfuls of candy, so I expect next year (once the word gets around ) that we will have even more. That's okay. My boys were with their Dad this weekend, but my younger son came over for a bit to hand out candy. He had wanted to trick-or-treat w/ friends but they all backed out on him. He's 14, so this will probably be the last year he will even want to go out.

Foodwise, it was an okay weekend. My plan has always allowed me to occasionally partake of things that I don't usually have daily. I made a crock pot of chili w/ all the fixins and some garlic cheese biscuits on the side. It was all delicious, but with the game coming on so late Sat. night, we didn't eat until about 10 p.m. I also served a veggie tray to munch on.

Had some leftover chili w/ my honey yesterday but did not have the biscuits myself. After he went home I just enjoyed watching spooky shows on TV. I broke one of my rules while munching during the shows. I had some frozen baked pretzels in the freezer and decided to have ONE w/ cheese sauce and some leftover crudites (w/ ranch dressing ) from Saturday as an evening snack/meal while I watched Halloween shows on TV last night. I ate the one pretzel and wanted more....so I just went back and got me another one and zapped it in the micro and ate it.....salt and all. I am going to have to be really careful not to let that happen again. I can indulge occasionally but I cannot let myself believe that going back for seconds is okay...esp. on something like that.

So besides that I have noticed that I have let my salad intake slide on the weekends, too. I am going to make an effort to include more raw veg/salad on the weekends like I do during the week. I think this has been a key factor in my weight loss up till now.

So how is everyone else doing??

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Got up early so our guest could catch their flight, went for a 3-mile walk down by the river, paid bills and getting ready to do the menu & groceries for the week. Stayed on plan all weekend.

Annie-chili and esp. the biscuits sound awesome. The double pretzels, not so much. LOL! I used to love the soft rpetzels but haven't had one in years. A benefit of living in a small town I think. Souhds like you had a really fun weekend. Love those old movies.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #4  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Annie, sounds like you're very aware of what you're eating, what you lack and such. I think that's such a big piece of the puzzle. Figuring out what helps and adjusting.

Barb, way to go on the walk! You have a B/B out in Wyoming right?

--
Think I'm squared away. Had a carb heavy meal last night with no wild bloodsugar swings! My body seems to be back to where it was. Yeah! I'm talking to my DR tomorrow about going to an endicrinologist about my adrenals/thyroid, etc...my BIL (doctor) mentioned I should check for growth (non-cancerous type) on my glands - since it's common with adrenal problems.

Want the go ahead to start running again...it's not that i ADORE/JUST LOVE running. It's that I'm a first class couch potato, and given too much free time to sit means that pattern may stick. I registered for spring races to give me a reason to keep moving.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  

Deb-yes, a b&b in WY. I am thrilled for your medical improvement/stabilization. aAnd crossing my fingers for you for running. I can't even imagine trying to run more than a few feet. I run sometimes just a very short distance to tease Buster the dog; he thinks he has to be first and if I increase my speed, he also speeds up, just enough to stay in front.

It's quiet here today....hope alla 40's aren't in sugar induced comas!

Barb
Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #6  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, can't believe it's November all ready! Still in a holding pattern here. Thought I was going to get back to the gym but I seem to have pulled something in my leg over the weekend : (
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:22 AM   #7  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi - quick check in for me. Had a bit of a food lapse the last few days - weekend away with hubby in Melbourne to start with, which was a nice break. And now i'm 2hrs flight from home in north Queensland with our sales group all of which involved too much food and alcohol. So not too good really.

I have a 12km trail race on sunday with some really steep hills in it, which i'm looking forward to in theory, only i'm feeling a bit out of shape already due to last few days indulgence. Need to get back to some discipline for the next few days.

And we start major renovations at our place on thursday which involves tearing down walls downstairs to open up kitchen. We're replacing the kitchen, the laundry and both bathrooms and the toilet, taking down lounge and dining room ceilings and installing a fire and changing a wall in the space between them. And replacing a wall in the bedroom too - oh and building in a wardrobe in the bedroom.

So basically pretty much every room of the house will be in chaos, and tomorrow night we need to start emptying the kitchen and the bathrooms. And by the weekend we'll have to clear the lounge room and the dining room and the bedroom too!! I just don't know where all the big furniture is going to go!

This has all happened in a big hurry because the builder we decided to go with had a cancellation and can 'fit us in' if we start straight away, so last weekend we had to buy all the stuff to go with these new renovations, which was a bit of a marathon in itself.

At least it's keeping us out of trouble.

Lets just hope there's some running water somewhere in the house that i can use to wash with, when i get back from my run on sunday......
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #8  

Wow, Ange, how are you going to deal w/ all that construction? Is there a plan in place to leave one bathroom functioning while the other one is being redone? I sure hope so....if not, I'd have to go stay in a hotel or with someone.

Hi Kathi!

I do believe stupid people may just drive me to drink today....it's been a struggle getting through the morning here. Just one of those days all the way around.

It was finally cold enough for me to order my fav soup at the mexican restaurant last night....shrimp and catfish soup...YUMMMMM!!! It was very satisfying and the boys and I sat there for a long time and got caught up.

Nothing much to report otherwise....lots to do tonight at home AFTER I get home from voting after work. Going to have leftover chili/garlic cheese biscuits for supper w/ younger son (older son working) and try to get the rest done, too.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #9  

Help!!!

Ugh....dang, dang, dang! Big chinese buffet set up in the lunch room today....cannot avoid as the restroom is in there. I'm telling myself the following:

-I want to make my goal by Christmas.
-I can have this food if I really want it....but do I want it? NO!!
-I am having chili and cheese biscuits for supper w/ my son tonight.

Hmmmmmphhhhh.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #10  

Annie-Chinese food is really yucky, especially the kind they send out for office buffets. It dripping in oil and made from mystery meat. The vegetabels...well, let's just say they are serving them in November because they are thankful they could find someone who they could con into taking the leftovers from Easter. I am sure you don't want to be anywhere near the awful stuff!

There does that help?

B
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #11  

Thanks, Barb! Yep, it helps.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #12  
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
I have a 12km trail race on sunday with some really steep hills in it, which i'm looking forward to in theory, only i'm feeling a bit out of shape already due to last few days indulgence. Need to get back to some discipline for the next few days..
Good luck!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #13  
Deb

lost 3 pounds, and lost 3 liters of water - doctor thinks it's good metabolic news...my body retains like crazy, so for letting go of water is good

no running until Dec...or at least until my next set of bloodwork and i get a clear...so walking it is for November

food has been about 80% good - gave in to some chocolate this week
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #14  

Deb-AWESOME on the 3 pounds gone!! I think your body may have needed that break from running, but I am not even close to knowledgeable on metabolism and that sort of thing. How are you feeling, though?? That is the big question. I hope you are feeling great!

Didn't do very well at home (chili, garlic/cheese biscuits, 2 peanut butter cookies), but would have felt much worse if I had had all of that on top of the chinese!!

On a side note, I bought a fresh pineapple and cut it up and we had some tonight. First time I've done that....love fresh pineapple. I can't eat much at one sitting though, the acid actually hurts my mouth. Delicious though!

How are all of the other lovely 40-somethings doing?? Hello????
Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm here, just reading mostly. My oldest daughter has pink eye and I am in the midst of a brutal migraine thanks to Halloween sugar. I know that some people don't think that sugar is an actual addiction but man oh man!! While I am eating sugar I am happy,mellow and OK. Take away my sugar and I turn into a irritable,screaming witch. My mood really does change dramatically.

OK should go...the screen is not so good for my head or stomach...
Have a great day everyone!!
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote