Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #256  
GmaTo8

Bobbi, yes you can remove pictures yourself like this: go to edit post, then click on advanced edit. Scroll down to manage attachments, then click on "delete". Then click on Save. Voila! Photo is gone, but text stays.

Btw, somewhere one of you mentioned keeping track of birthdays. If you want to start a thread of "Golden Girl Birthdays" or something similar, I'll be glad to sticky it for you. The first post should include the names of each month, then as the members post their b'days, the first post can be edited to include them. Just a thought.

Anytime any of you need anything, just PM me, since I don't have a chance to read this thread every day. I will be happy to help you in any way I possibly can.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #257  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Jane......Thank you, thank you, thank you. Lynn was also asking how to remove pictures on our exercise across the country. I just wrote down the instructions.
I'll pm you in the future for help, thanks!
The Birthday sticky sounds wonderful, please post it.
Quote:
Bobbi, yes you can remove pictures yourself like this: go to edit post, then click on advanced edit. Scroll down to manage attachments, then click on "delete". Then click on Save. Voila! Photo is gone, but text stays.

Btw, somewhere one of you mentioned keeping track of birthdays. If you want to start a thread of "Golden Girl Birthdays" or something similar, I'll be glad to sticky it for you. The first post should include the names of each month, then as the members post their b'days, the first post can be edited to include them. Just a thought.

Anytime any of you need anything, just PM me, since I don't have a chance to read this thread every day. I will be happy to help you in any way I possibly can.

Zoe....I have a zillion vegetable soup recipes, I'll post a few later on today. I did post a Carrot Ginger soup today, check it out. I don't put meat in my vegetable soup I make for my lunches. I like saving my meat portions for supper time.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

"Things even out. I don't look as good naked as I used to, and guys my age don't see as well as they used to."

Hahaha! That's so funny, Bobbi. I'm going to have to check out Maxine now. Every single one is hysterical. I love a sardonic sense of humor.

Hmm.....guess with the compromised eyesight, those mirrors in the ceiling of the bed wouldn't be such a problem. Or maybe even pointless.

Ellabella....they have now altered Atkins by only allowing 20 NET carbs a day so you can choose high-fiber veggies, subtract the fiber from the total carbs and with the lower net carb number, have even a few more good carbs for the day.
One negative change is that since Dr. Atkins died, the company is now run by Atkins Nutritionals and they claim that the bars, etc. are okay for induction....which they are not and often stall people. They wave a magic wand and somehow declare that about 90% of the carbs in sugar alcohols magically turn into only a few net carbs....smoke and mirrors, IMO. Their explanation for this sounds very medically shady to me.

What I love about low carbing is that it takes away all my sweets cravings and eliminates those sweets binges altogether, it gives me lots more energy, it significantly decreases my appetite, and you really lose some major inches due to total fat loss and I'm fitting into clothes I used to need to weigh less to fit into years ago.

You are absolutely right about the dangers of adding carbs back in when you hit your target weight. That is SO easier said than done. Ideally, one should probably eat only the carbs added in during the OWL rungs....and just leave all the other ones out altogether....but of course, you treat yourself occasionally and have a cookie or a slice of pizza and off you go down a wrong/bad path. I have a huge problem controlling my portion size, not to mention my appetite, if I eat any sort of simple carbs. I learned to really limit what sorts of carbs I ate on maintenance, esp. because eating simple carbs kicked my sweets cravings back in. In fact, the darn Atkins bars kicked them in for me....so stopped them altogether. My one saving grace was that I had a rule....gain 5 lbs. and I HAD to go back on Induction and lose it. That saved me from going too far down a wrong path and I maintained for about 12 years.

deena
Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #259  

Morning everyone..its warmed up here both outside and in our house..we have a 30x40, 2 1/2 story log home that we built and it takes awhile to get warm again..glad you are ok lynn..all the talk of soup makes me want to make a pot..of course im thinking potatoe corn chowder with lots of bacon sigh no wonder i need to loose..anyways im going to make a tomatoe base ww o pt soup lots of veggies..im still working on a xmas present.. the project was to big and complex to finnish in time..so its a late xmas surprise for my dd..its a crochet afagan ..i miss her and this is a "wrap around you like ahug,warm and cozy made with love" gift..have an awsome day rosey
Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

On A Lighter Note!!!!!

86-year Old Lady's Letter to Bank
> >>
> >> Shown below, is an actual letter that was sent to a bank
> by an 86 year old woman. The bank manager thought it
> amusing enough to have it published in the New York
> Times.
> >> >> Dear Sir:
> >> I am writing to thank you for bouncing my check with
> which endeavored to pay my plumber last month. >> By
> my
> calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed between
> his presenting the check and the arrival in my account
> of
> the funds needed to honor it. I refer, of course, to
> the
> automatic monthly deposit of my entire pension, an
> arrangement which, I admit, has been in place for only
> eight years. You are to be commended for seizing
> that
> brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my
> account $30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience
> caused
> to your bank. My thankfulness springs from the manner
> in
> which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant
> financial ways. >> I noticed that whereas I personally
> answer your telephone calls and letters, --- when I
> try to
> contact you, I am confronted by
> the impersonal,
> overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity which your
> bank has become. >> From now on, I, like you, choose only to
> deal with a flesh-and- blood person. My mortgage and loan
> repayments will therefore and hereafter no
> longer be
> automatic, but will arrive at your bank, by check
> ,addressed personally and confidentially to an employee
> at your bank whom you must nominate.
> Be aware that it is an offense under the Postal Act for
> any other person to open such an envelope. Please find
> attached an Application Contact which I require your
> chosen employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to
> eight
> pages, but in order that I know as much about
> him or her
> as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative..
> Please note that all copies of his or her medical
> history
> must be countersigned by a Notary Public, and the
> mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income,
> debts,assets and liabilities) must be
> accompanied by
> documented proof. In due course, at MY convenience, I
> will
> issue your employee with a PIN number which he/she
> must
> quote in dealings with me.. I regret that it cannot be
> shorter than 28 digits but, again, I have modeled it
> on
> the number of button presses required of me to access
> my
> account balance on your phone bank service. As they say,
> imitation is the sincerest form of
> flattery.
> >> Let me level the playing field even further.
> >> When you call me, press buttons as follows:
> >>
> >> IMMEDIATELY AFTER DIALING, PRESS THE STAR (*) BUTTON FOR
> ENGLISH >> #1. To make an appointment to see me
> >> #2. To query a missing payment.
> >> #3. To transfer the call to my living room in case I am
> there.. >> #4 To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am
> sleeping >> #5... To transfer the call to my toilet in case
> I am attending to nature. >> #6.. To transfer the call
> to
> my mobile phone if I am not at home. #7. To leave a
> message on my computer, a password to access my
> computer
> is required.. Password will be communicated to you at a
> later date to that Authorized Contact mentioned earlier. >>
> #8. To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1
> through 7. >> #9. To make a general complaint or inquiry.
> The contact will then be put on hold, pending the
> attention of my automated answering service. >> #10.
> This
> is a second reminder to press* for English.. While this
> may
> , on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will
> play for the duration of the call. >>
> Regrettably, but
> again following your example, I must also levy an
> establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new
> arrangement. May I wish you a happy, if ever so
> slightly
> less prosperous New Year? >>
> >> Your Humble Client
> >>
> >> (Remember: This was written by an 86 year old woman
> YA JUST GOTT LOVE US SENIORS" !!!!! )
> >>
> >> And remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like
> being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much
> to
> set us off.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #261  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Evening, All...
Got sidetracked today. I think this is the first day I've missed posting. Maybe I'll do two tomorrow!

Deena, if you'll send me your personal email on PM, I will forward you a TON of Maxines, since you like them!

It's too late tonight to do anything except sign off and go to bed. I'm pooped!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

I've started this post 3 times - all have been too negative. Don't want to spread my negativity.

2nd eye is more blurry than it was before the surgery - NOT happy.

Comcast is coming to my house this morning to see if they can set up phone service. Tried this once before & it wouldn't work with the building's security system. We'll see - it would save me some money if they can get it to work.

Daughter's face is scabby, oozing, and bleeding. NOT happy.

Believe me, this is the positive version of my post.

OK - time for my favorite mantra - "Worse things have happened to nicer people."

I will check back when I am in a more presentable mood.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-29-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #263  
Bobbi

Lynn...
Zoe...sorry, I forgot to post the soups. Will later today, promise. You can also go to allrecipe.com and type in vegetable soup and find a zillion there. Most of the time they can be modified by browning the onions, celery, etc with zero cooking spray instead of the oil.
I'm on my way into town, bye all.

Quote:
3 Ways to Stop Overeating -- for Good

December 23, 2009 12:00 AM by Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and Michael F. Roizen, MD | 6 commentsjqgetComment("649374","/blogs/doctor-oz-roizen/3-ways-to-stop-overeating-for-good");

Next time you’re obsessing about another holiday eggnog or chocolate bombe cake a la mode, ask yourself this: "Would I shove that stuff into a friend’s body?" Mouth too full to answer? Use these strategies to nix bad habits and eat right:
  • Get lost (in your mind). When you want to eat to feel better, walk around the block (go ahead and put on your boots; we’ll wait), and think about the bad feelings that are driving you to the fridge. Maybe you can start sorting them out instead of hiding them behind 3 extra inches of abdominal fat. If the walk isn’t enough, try meditation or prayer. For some people, these calming focusers quiet the subconscious drive to eat.
  • Plan. Big decisions about food need to be made in the supermarket, not in your kitchen. Avoid filling your home with junk and it’ll be easier to eat right. Shop the edges of the supermarket rather than the middle.
  • Pay it forward. One of the keys to waist-size success is how you balance two competing forces -- immediate gratification (those chips) versus delayed gratification (a better body, better sex, fewer wrinkles, not to mention a longer life!). It’s tough because immediate gratification is hard to resist. So try flipping the immediate gratification into a long-term consequence and turning the delayed gratification into an immediate, visual picture. Like this: Think hard about the negative consequences of the chips (picture a clogged artery). Now, visualize yourself two sizes smaller with all the grandchildren you want.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #264  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Okay! Chalk up a third day straight of walking with good ole' Leslie Sansone for THIS lazy chick! Oh, I know that Leslie is SO "been there, done that" for most everybody, but I have to say that I, at least, feel better about myself now that I'm walking with her for that lousy little mile every morning. Barely takes 20 minutes, and I'm getting SOME movement into my life, if not as much as I know I should. But, a little is better than none, so I'm feeling optimistic, and that's a good thing.
BITTER cold here today, and supposed to be frigid all weekend long. Ack.
It's something like 7 degrees outside, and with the wind chill factor, feels, according to the weatherfolk, like - 20. Oh, I know it;s been much colder for you, Bobbi - I swear I don't know how you stand all that snow and cold. I'd be about ready for a rubber room in some psych ward somewhere. Thanks, incidentally - in advance - for your veggie soup postings to come. In the meantime, I'm giving some thought to doing something very veggie with a V-8 base, carrots, onions, celery, black beans...only trouble is, I'm seeing it with some nice italian flavored turkey sausages...adapting to ALL veggies is a little tough for me, for some reason. I would dearly LOVE to add some portabella mushrooms - at which point I probably could do without the ground turkey just fine, but of course DH is allergic to mushrooms, so that's not an option unless I'm only making it for me, and then I'd have to make something else for him, so it would mean way more extra work than I'd care to undertake. So, no mushrooms, and maybe some sausage this time, anyway. I've kept my calories under 1400 every day all week long, so I'm hoping to see a little evidence on the scale this Saturday that I'm at least moving in the right direction.
Lynn, honey, I'm sorry that today seems so grim for you - and that your daughter is still in the midst of all that unpleasantness and pain. Dare I suggest that things sort of HAVE to get better from here on in, seeing as how they are a good ways down the ladder from okay currently? You know you're (both) in my thoughts. Feel better, okay?
Deena, your five pound rule makes a lot of sense. MY problem has always been that once I go off my "healthy eating pattern", I tend not to weigh myself, and find all sorts of ways to assure myself that I've "only gained a little", or just find ways not to think about it at all. Of course my clothes let me know that I'm getting close to the danger zone - when I have to suck in my belly to zip, and so on - but somehow, I even manage to ignore that until things are really and truly out of control. I HAVE decided, this time around, that I'm just too danged old to keep bouncing up and down like a yoyo, so I'm pretty much determined that I will continue eating in a healthy manner now for the rest of my life. Coming here and checking in with my "Golden Girlfriends" helps me stick to it.
Karen, I'm loving that old lady's letter to the bank! Can there be any one of us who isn't sick to death of bank fees and credit card rates constantly being raised while the banking execs (and insurance companies, investments firms, etc., etc.) all pay themselves huge bonuses (after WE bailed them out!) year after year? And how about the auto makers? Oh, Lord, don't let me get started...
Donna? Yep...I was wondering where you were, girlfriend. What's it like in Denver lately? DH keeps saying spring is right around the corner. He doesn't say WHICH corner, though...
Rosey, I'm sure your daughter will consider that afghan well worth the wait - I know I would. I'd love to be able to do something like that. I'd like to make some quilts, too. Maybe I'll get to do some of those things once I retire. (I hope).
Hi Linda, hi Freda (where are you?) and hi Isabella, my always-walking friend? (I'm going to try adding yogurt to my oatmeal tomorrow morning - and some flax seed. Sounds nice & hearty, and yummy, too!
Well, thaaaaaas all, folks! Have a great day, and stay warm, fahgoodness' sake!

Z
Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning,
I am pretty happy again this morning. Lost another 2 pounds this week. Not as good as the first week but I didn't expect it to be. I am all excited to just see a loss and that motvates me more to get down to my "Woman Cave" on a more regular basis! That should really help to see some more pounds come off.

Deena, I was wondering about that too. I do have the Atkins book here and checked on that induction phase. I did decide before reading your post that I would continue the "deplete" week for a second week, which will end on Sunday. I really think even on this deplete week I have been eating so much more than I figured I ate in the first place, probably cause it is good healthy veggies and all. So now I feel kind of confused to what to do next. I may end up staying on the deplete except to add more of the veggies to it. Right now I am staying at 20 grams a day and I track it all on fitday.

Lynn, I hope you feel better and I'm sure things will get better soon. Have you talked to your Dr. about your eye? Does he/she have answers for you?

Zoe, I love thos Leslie Sansone DVD's (WATP'S) I also have the 5 DVD set of Richard Simmons sweatin' to the Oldies. Love them too. I just need to get back into a good routine and I know that is over half the battle!

Well, I need to get busy here today. We were supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow here last night but we just maybe got a couple...... which is fine with me. I wanted to leave all that snow in Colorado when we moved here!!! Sorry Jess!!!

Have a great day.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #266  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, All!

The snow totally missed us; well, we got a mere dusting. And it's lovely, lovely today....

Zoe, I have the Sansone tapes (and the Simmons, and the... and the... and the..., ad nauseum!). I think I'll dig them out and we can go skipping down the road together! I have to say that I'm pretty darned impressed with this week's motivation from you!!

Lynn, oh, I wish there was something we could do to help get you over this time! Your eye WILL clear, and your DD's face will improve. It's just such a bad time now. Try to hang in there. For what it's worth, we're all thinking good thoughts for you both!

Got my taxes done today. Since my business was down 42% last year, I actually got some money back, for a change. I'm not sure the method is a good one, though. The job that I thought I had fell through... onward, onward... These are the times when I resent being alone!

Hope your day is a good one. Everyone, be safe and warm!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #267  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Just a quick pop in. I should be in bed but I thought I'd give everyone a wave.

I've been busy today. We had snow. I walked. I have a funeral to attend tomorrow and was busy typing the funeral program for the church and went to the funeral home tonight. It's not a relative of mine but my friend's aunt. Weigh in tomorrow. Fingers are crossed. Catch you all later. Must sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 01-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Today ends my week of VERY low-carb eating. I lost 5 lbs this week! I also remembered how much I HATE VERY low-carb eating. I haven't decided whether to stick with this "crack the code" plan or not.

Yesterday, my DD and I decided that we needed a boost, so we decided to plan a trip to Italy. First stop - Florence. Brought us both up out of the doldrums.

Got back to gym this morning for the first time in a week. My body was getting VERY stiff. GOOD to be back.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #269  
Bobbi

Morning all........I have to quick get the cracks filled in on my face and run into Home Depot with DH. They called, our marble bathroom sink is in and I don't want hubby trying to lift it himself. (He would). I posted the new February thread and also 3 soups for freezing and using for lunches, all low calories.
Lynn...glad your back exercising!
Catch ya all later!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!

Lynn's earlier post reminded me of how yesterday went. Since my brother's death, literally NOTHING has gone right for my poor brother and I in our quest to take care of all his possessions, affairs, debts, executing the will, etc. My poor brother would drive all the way down from Rockville Center, NY, pick me up in Delaware, and then we'd proceed to Annapolis, MD.....and we'd done this weekly since late December but almost nothing was getting done and there didn't seem to be any light at the end of what looked like an endless tunnel.

But my first hint of luck was when I found that Food Bank of Anne Arundel County. So yesterday, we travel down and first change of luck is that we got the death certificates in no time flat, even though there was a massive waiting line at the Bureau of Vital Statistics. Took 10 minutes...totally lucked-out on that. But then, I was worrying because they'd told me on the phone at the Food Bank that they would only take stuff in good condition...so wasn't sure how much would be left to deal with.

So...got to the Post Office down there and actually put in the change-of-address, finally....so now, 2 things done and it was still morning.

NOW...the best part...total turn-around of all the bad luck. The Food Bank guys show up with this HUGE panel truck and a pick-up truck. And out come 2 older guys and these 4 guys who looked like they were in the starting line of the Washington Redskins...I'm serious. I was literally euphoric with glee.
THEN....it became clear within a few minutes, that they wanted EVERYTHING....including things like office supplies, everything in the kitchen cabinets, all the clothes and shoes, the linens/towels, the knick-knacks...you name it! I was literally jumping up and down and clapping in my head. Not to mention, my poor brother looked so happy and impressed that I'd managed to line this up myself. It was pretty clear that we would NOT have to pay over $1000 to get the junk guy to junk it....not to mention what a huge waste it would have been if we could not get it donated. So rarely have I had everything work out so well in such a short span of time.

OK...so they load up the trucks with ALL the big and heavy furniture items...and then as much of the others stuff they could fit. And we are meeting them down there this coming Friday and they'll take everything left in the apartment plus all the stuff in the storage unit that had been in his garage....not to mention we will get the storage rental for free because the first month is free and thanks to the Food Bank guys, we'll have it out well before the month is over.
So my brother and I had to then spend 4-5 hours carrying huge bags of stuff down to the garage...up and down this big flight of steps...literally like doing the stair-master for 3-4 hours.
Finally we got so exhausted that we spoke to the management there and they told us we could move all the rest into the back bedroom and this would enable them to get in there and begin to rehab the kitchen and the rest of the apartment....so we carted all the rest of the stuff in there. Major, major physical work-out (as I sit here popping advil for my sore legs and back).

One funny aside....these line-backer looking guys were wearing quite a bit of orange....but did clueless dee understand? Nooo, of course not. My brother did but not me. I did not figure it out until I kinda focused on these guys and thought, gee, these street savvy toughs do not look the types who would volunteer.
Turned out they were prisoners on work-release...they get a day knocked off their sentence for every day they work like this. And they were super, super nice guys, albeit tough-looking. And their older bosses were beyond nice...I hugged them when they left to unload and am having my dad send them a nice donation (they saved us a ton of $). My brother was extremely impressed and really, really liked all the guys.

So...things can be going so badly and bad luck can continue...BUT...it always seems to turn around....and then it seems like it's all roses again....eventually.

Oh my, I LOVED that letter, Karen. I have always loved the elderly (worked in geriatrics for years plus now caring for the 3rd elderly relative in a row). I would LOVE to meet the woman who wrote that letter. She sounds like one heck of a clever woman with a great sense of humor....not to mention, assertive and stands up for herself...and doesn't mince words.

Karen and Lynn...I'm not a nutrition expert or an endocrinologist..by any means...but I feel like I'm starting to kinda understand the basics, at least, of how the low-carbing metabolic process works. And something just sounded off to me when I read the Fat Smash diet and Crack the Fat Code diets....mainly due to after going through the deplete phase (which would be Induction on Atkins...except on Induction, we are allowed plenty of protein and fat), they then add in a variety of carbs (good quality/complex carbs, but carbs nonetheless).
On Atkins, you either stay on induction or go the the OWL rungs...but with these, you only add back in ONE type of carb at a time...nuts...or berries...etc. In that way, if you start stalling, you can figure-out which addition is causing YOU the problem.

It just doesn't make sense to me to deplete only for one week and then add a variety of carbs back in right after that. Like I said...it's like they are preparing you for a metabolic diet...but then switch you to a low-carb diet. Why even put you through this the Spartan deplete phase, their very restrictive form of Atkins Induction, if they are going to toss the carbs back in a week later?

The body, for energy, burns in the following order: First simple carbs, then complex carbs, then fat and then protein. Furthermore, the reason these low-glycemic index WOE's are so popular is that when you eat simple carbs...you get a sudden rise/surge in blood sugar levels and right after that, the pancreas sends out a surge of insulin to deal with this. When this happens, the body, sensing this sudden surge in easily available energy, stores a bunch of it as fat (once the glycogen stores are full). This is a huge factor in continued weight GAIN.
When you eat fat and protein, there is no surge in blood sugar and therefore no insulin surges. Even high-fiber carbs are MUCH better than the simple carbs because the fiber slows down the absorption and the blood sugar rises much more gradually...and usually just maintains an even keel.

In addition, by eating high amts. of simple carbs frequently....this overworks the poor pancreas, with it having to constantly be sending out these surges of insulin. Eventually, many develop hypoglycemia, where the overworked pancreas now begins to malfunction a bit and sends out too MUCH insulin...and then over time...many develop diabetes, when the pancreas can no longer send out adequate insulin or even any insulin at all. They believe this huge epidemic of diabetes we are seeing track back to simple carb/processed foods used in excess, trying to follow a low-fat regimen. Most low-fat processed foods add in huge amounts of sugar to make up for the taste deficit when the fat or most of the fat is removed. This is the whole premise behind that Belly Busters diet.

AND....in the absence of adequate fat, the body will turn to protein after carbs are burned and can cause many to start burning up their lean muscle mass....eventually lowering their muscle to fat ratios of their bodies. And then have to do MAJOR exercising in order to try and compensate for this.

So...for all these reasons, I have significant difficulty trying to figure out the logic of these diets...the Crack the Code and Fat Smash ones. I'm sure it was based on a very logical premise...but then the results turned out to not carry-out the logic in high percentages. Just like the most recent Mayo Clinic Studies showed that results were not backing the "fat causes heart disease" theory. Great theory but is not panning out, results-wise.

Anyway, I am so sorry I am writing a book here...I'm in one of those moods, I guess.

Bobbi....that info. you included, 3 ways to stop overeating....perfectly states what I believe and how I attempt to advise others regarding overeating...especially the instant gratification versus the long-term gratification. This makes SO much sense to me.

And finally, to Jess....I have to figure out how to use the PM function here and will then send you my e-mail. Thanks so much for the offer...it's so nice of you.

deena
Closed Thread