Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #46  

Hey everyone.. heres a couple of moose pictures for you (((hugs))) my sil big trophy with my grandson,baby moose peeking from behind a tree,moose in my yard last summer..(((hugs))) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chadsmoose07 014.jpg (61.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 4thofjulykids&moose 003.jpg (52.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0088.jpg (25.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Everyone,

Back from NC - had a VERY nice time. What a BEAUTIFUL area. Was REALLY good to see my DF.

Lots to read here. Be back later today - after class & gym.

Lynn
Old 03-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #48  

Good Morning GG's, Yesterday turned out to be such a beautiful day. It was warmer than it's been in a long time and even the March wind didn't distract too much. Of course it's not going to last, we are supposed to get snow again today.

Cat, I've never even heard of those vegetables. Time to get a gardening catalog and covet all the beautiful things in there. My wish is to retire and move to a place with a large piece of land so I can have a decent garden. Not too large a place to have to mow though.

Joanne, Good to see you back and hear that your mom is doing so well.

Birgit, Good to see you back too. I know you will pick right back up on the exercise.

Rosey, I was raised in the country and all my family hunt, but never for moose or anything like that. You said your WIL got that one? The women in my family are the best shots too.

Em,I do that at times also. One day I will be just so hungry all day. I read that those are the days that your body is going to release fat and is fighting againt it. So I really try to controle the eating those day. Thinking that helps.

Gayle, Come back when you have more time and talk to us. How is work going now? How are those darling grandbabies?

Patti, I hope you're feeling better. UTI's are so uncomfortable. When I get sick I try to medicated myself with food. I think that is a habit I have to break too. I eat to feel better. Doesn't work, I know it doesn't work, but i still try to do it.

Laurie, Hope you got the same lovely day we did yesterday.

Lynn, Good to see you back and waiting to hear about your trip.

Everyone have a good day, Freda
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning y'all....It is supposed to rain(70%) today. Boy do we need it. They started a control burn in marsh North of us and the wind is blowing the stinky smoke towards us. Old swamp ain't sweet.

Rosey...the moose pics are awesome. The big bull looks book size. Double Wow!

Freda and Em...what an interesting thought to chew on. The hungry days equal days when body is about to release fat...I think that is something I am really going to use. Thanks.

Lynn...where in NC? The mountains or the shore? It is such a pretty state.

We have a bridge club memember in the hospital and now that he is out of ICU I am setting up a shower of emails to drive him crazy. How the world has changed. Last year I was asked to do an eulogy by email. I remember in the early '90's laughing about a computer in every house.

Last edited by Karen3; 03-04-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

ooops...i clicked and posted...Take care of yourself, eat heathy and hugs....karen3
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #51  

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back JayJay and Birgit! So nice to see you again!

I used to love going to the doggie park EM but my Weimaraner prefers pointing at pigeons to playing with the other dogs and my Rottie plays too rough and makes too much noise when she's playing so, because of her breed, everyone thinks shes attacking their dogs and we had to stop going. Poor thing plays like that with her sister all the time so she just doesn't understand why people yell at her for it when she's trying to make a new friend. Fortunately, we have a pretty big back yard so they get their exercise romping with each other.

Sorry you've been under the weather Patti. Used to get those nasty UTIs and I know they are just no fun. I do think that when you've had a health issue your body wants extra nutrients to help fight any infection. Trick is to make sure you give it stuff that actually has nutritional value - hard as it is not to want to comfort yourself with gooey stuff

Funny you should mention the laughing about a "computer in every house" Karen3 I love technology and am constantly marveling at the rapid advances. Wonder if anyone else here remembers a program (that I'm pretty sure was hosted by Walter Cronkite) called The 21st Century? This was back when one computer took up a whole building. They talked about things that seemed sooo far fetched - like fax machines, microwave ovens, cell phones, calculators small enough to hold in your hand (even they didn't imagine one that is the size of a credit card though), and computers small enough to have one in your den. All the things we now use every day without even thinking twice. I loved that show when I was a kid but every time I mention it I get "that look" like I must have dreamed it

Spending the day cleaning up all the little faux pas we found during inventory so still pretty busy. Eating healthy food but not nearly enough - only had about 700 calories yesterday so I've GOT to start taking time to build them back up before I stall my metabolism again.

hugs to all and a healthy, happy day
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #52  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Philly, re the white potatoes. They turn into sugar pretty quickly and can cause cravings for more sugar. See this page #3.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 266/243/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi GGs,

Quiet day here today, have my weigh in tonight so trying to feel lighter today.

Bobbi - This was out 1st experience with a dog park although we have a lot of them in the Portland area. Most are just off lease areas that are partially fenced and a few have fully fenced areas. The one we went to is part of a large park with a playground, recreational areas and about an acre is fenced off in 2 sections for a dog park. One area looked like a section where people could go into and work with their dogs for training or throwing mostly for their own pet and then the other part was a group area where people sort of just let the dogs romp. Sounds like your town has a large enough are that they could have a designated for dogs and still have other usage too. Our two run around after each other much like you decribed in our yard and house so understand how that can look agressive to others but they are just playing.

Sounds like winter this year has been rough in the areas of the country that get snow. I know some of the areas that get snow here in Oregon have gotten more then they have in over 5 years.

I'm worried that I have stalled my metabolism because I'm not eating that much and I'm not see that scale move this week at all. Any ideas to get to kick started again or do I just go back to eating 3 meals within my TOPS plan?

Em
Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #54  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Can't believe I've been gone for so many months. Well, I took stock this morning and decided that stepping on the scale naked I weighed more than I did six months ago fully clothed with shoes on.
So here I am starting again and hopefully able to get closer to my goal.
Hello to all the GGs. I see some new faces and many familiar (I won't say old) faces from the original GGs. My goal this month is to lose 4 pounds. I have decided to keep on with low carb and have now added gluten-free to my regime. I was pretty much gluten-free before, so that won't be a problem.
I need the support from here so that I can fit into those jeans again.

WoodLily
Old 03-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #56  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Hello Everyone - good to see you all doing well. Woodlily, I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Welcome back!

YoYo, I don't remember the program you're referring to, but it sounds fascinating. It really is incredible, the strides we humans are making with our technology. In some ways I really resent the "planned obselescence" that's built into our consumer products (i.e., I have to buy a new humidifier because I can no longer find filters for the one I bought only 4 1/2 yrs ago... Grrrr!!!), but on the other hand I am continually amazed at what we can do now. This laptop that I'm working on as we speak - it's incredible! Weighs less than 5 lbs and puts the entire world (including all of you) quite literally at my fingertips. How lucky are we, huh?

Speaking of technology - my kids gave me my own IPod for my very belated birthday party this past weekend. I've been happily loading it full of music and very much enjoying it. But one of you (can't remember who - sorry) mentioned using it to download Audio Books. Can you please remind me of the website you use? Thanks.

Freda, I love that image of food cravings being a sign of our bodies resisting letting go of weight. Don't know whether it's true or not, but it works for me. I'll definitely keep it in mind...

Em, I can soooo relate. Frustrating, huh? I'm going thru the same thing right now as I'm trying to "re-enter" my normal routine after having been away for nearly a week. I'm having a really hard time battling down the food cravings and recommitting to my normal exercise routine. Seems like I want to eat everything that's not nailed down - preferably while reclining on my sofa. I'm having a hard time convincing myself that this is not a good idea. Ultimately good sense will, of course, prevail - probably just in time for me to go off on the second weeklong training session beginning next Tuesday. Ugh! I will prevail... I will prevail...

Hugs to all of you,
Old 03-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #57  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all

A nice sunny day here today~ a little cool, but I will take that as long as there is sun to go with it. The sun always helps so much making you feel good.

Lynn ~ where in NC did you go? That is where I moved from (Greensboro) ~ daughter Jen lives in Charlotte.

Off to work again, then off a couple days ~ yippee ~ live for those days off.

Take care all
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #58  

Default Welcome Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLily View Post
Can't believe I've been gone for so many months. Well, I took stock this morning and decided that stepping on the scale naked I weighed more than I did six months ago fully clothed with shoes on.
So here I am starting again and hopefully able to get closer to my goal.
Hello to all the GGs. I see some new faces and many familiar (I won't say old) faces from the original GGs. My goal this month is to lose 4 pounds. I have decided to keep on with low carb and have now added gluten-free to my regime. I was pretty much gluten-free before, so that won't be a problem.
I need the support from here so that I can fit into those jeans again.

WoodLily
Hi Lily,

It's SOOOOO Good to see you back here. We missed you.

Lynn
Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #59  

About the NC trip - I was visiting my DF who moved down there a month ago. This was the friend who had the emergency surgery & then her mother died a few weeks later.

She lives in the Piedmont area of NC - between the coast and the mountains. VERY upscale suburban area - LOTS of art, colleges, hospitals, and shopping malls. She's about 20 minutes from Durham in a little town called Carrboro - next to Chapel Hill.

Meant to get back here earlier but my DD & SIL gathered me up and dragged me to a "sporting goods store" - Cabellas. You wouldn't believe it!

Lynn
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #60  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Lily, Welcome back!! We missed you. I too am trying to get re-started. I put on about 10 pounds since December. We're in this together.

Em, I go to TOPs too. In fact I just got elected as the leader starting in April. My good friend will be co-leader. I'm hoping that this leadership role will help me to get re-motivated. I find that if I cut out those pesky in between snacks, handfuls of nuts every time I go into the kitchen for instance, I lose. For me, if I really stick to the 3 balanced meals a day, with maybe one low cal snack in the evening it works. It's just so hard to do, isn't it?

Glynne, my oldest DD lives just outside Greensboro and in fact her wedding (June 7) is in the town of Greensboro at a public park. Nice area.

Birget, Glad to hear that your getting back on track after your trip. You can do it! Glad you like your ipod. It's great for walking.

Hi Yoyo, I don't remember the program 21st Century, but it would be fun to see. Yes get those calories up a bit. Seems funny to say that.

Well, back to evening reading.

Lyn
Closed Thread