Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default MRC November Thread

Hope everyone has a great November.

No more monthly goals for me. I'm so close to goal, that's what I'd like to shoot for, whether it be this month or next month. If monthly goals work for you, then by all means, go for it!!! We're here to support you!

Last edited by JenB72; 11-01-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #2  

I just signed up yesterday so starting today on preconditioning. I had been eating pretty healthy, exercising, and drinking plenty of water previous to this...so the biggest change will be the reduction in carbs. But I can do this. And of course the day after Halloween & having a 3 & 5 year old we have waaaay too much candy around here. So I've put it out of sight so it is mostly out of mind...and when it does come to mind I think "I'm not eating you." It feels much more powerful and less victimish than "I can't eat you...." that implies some external force is making my decisions. I make the decisions for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Another month has started and I'm still losing the pounds. I actually had to break down and buy a couple new pairs of jeans since for some reason I got rid of all of mine in this size. This time around losing the weight I am not holding on to the old clothes. When they get too big they are getting sold! Because I vow not to regain all this weight. These next 2 months are going to be difficult with the holidays but we can all do this.
Good luck to everybody this month. Again this month my goal is to lose. As long as I'm losing I am getting healthier and sticking to my guns on this.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #4  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
Another month has started and I'm still losing the pounds. I actually had to break down and buy a couple new pairs of jeans since for some reason I got rid of all of mine in this size. This time around losing the weight I am not holding on to the old clothes. When they get too big they are getting sold! Because I vow not to regain all this weight. These next 2 months are going to be difficult with the holidays but we can all do this.
Good luck to everybody this month. Again this month my goal is to lose. As long as I'm losing I am getting healthier and sticking to my guns on this.
hey, Fluffy, try some of these wonderful recipes for the holidays, i haven't tried the deviled eggs recipe but that looks great. the snickerdoodles are wonderful and i saw a recipe for banana bread i want to try. once i get the substitutes for the foods i used to eat, this plan gets easier :-) im planning on taking a veggie tray and cheese to any potluck type party i go to and will also drink a chicken soup HNS before i go out so i'm not hungry.
also planning on getting a Oster one drink blender or magic blender as a reward and will help me whip up some great protein drinks :-) i even take my pink lemonade HNS powder, add ice and water, sometimes add vanilla protein powder or diet lemon lime soda and makes a type of milk shake...
i love the different combos. for lunch, i'll add strawberries or blueberries and make a smoothie...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Hope everyone has a great November.

No more monthly goals for me. I'm so close to goal, that's what I'd like to shoot for, whether it be this month or next month. If monthly goals work for you, then by all means, go for it!!! We're here to support you!
Jen, just remember when you get to maintenance and are on the Maintainers board, you need to keep popping in here to continue to help us w/ our goals :-) best of luck to you !! you can do it!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Jen, just remember when you get to maintenance and are on the Maintainers board, you need to keep popping in here to continue to help us w/ our goals :-) best of luck to you !! you can do it!
You know I will!

Actually, had something pretty cool happen at my WI on Saturday. My center is involved in a contest with the other centers in our area (8 total). They want me to be their representative and enter me in the contest of Before & After pictures w/a testimonial! As soon as they heard about the contest, the counselor I see the most yells, "I got Jennifer!" LOL The prize is $100 Visa gift card to the counselor & one to the client. Even if I don't win, I feel so honored that they would want me to represent them.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
hey, Fluffy, try some of these wonderful recipes for the holidays, i haven't tried the deviled eggs recipe but that looks great. the snickerdoodles are wonderful and i saw a recipe for banana bread i want to try. once i get the substitutes for the foods i used to eat, this plan gets easier :-) im planning on taking a veggie tray and cheese to any potluck type party i go to and will also drink a chicken soup HNS before i go out so i'm not hungry.
also planning on getting a Oster one drink blender or magic blender as a reward and will help me whip up some great protein drinks :-) i even take my pink lemonade HNS powder, add ice and water, sometimes add vanilla protein powder or diet lemon lime soda and makes a type of milk shake...
i love the different combos. for lunch, i'll add strawberries or blueberries and make a smoothie...
I've already been scoping out some of the recipes. I love to cook so this has been great with trying new recipes. Even have my husband cooking most of the time during the week for dinner. I want to take some stuff with me to dinner with my parents that will make them wonder if it's OP or not lol

If its the same Oster I bought don't bother. (The one with the neon color bottle) After having to return mine for not sealing and blowing liquid every where, I did some research and they don't last long at all. I took mine back and got and off brand one like the magic bullet or whatever its called. I love it. It has 6 large containers, a small one, 2 types of blades and caps for drinking out of it and lids. It has come in so handy.

One of my favorite drinks for lunch is frozen peaches, vanilla protein, water and peach mango HNS. mmmmm good I did read your post on the snickerdoodles and will definitely have to try them.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
You know I will!

Actually, had something pretty cool happen at my WI on Saturday. My center is involved in a contest with the other centers in our area (8 total). They want me to be their representative and enter me in the contest of Before & After pictures w/a testimonial! As soon as they heard about the contest, the counselor I see the most yells, "I got Jennifer!" LOL The prize is $100 Visa gift card to the counselor & one to the client. Even if I don't win, I feel so honored that they would want me to represent them.
That's pretty awesome Jen! You are such an inspiration to keep on going!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #9  

Had maiantenance weigh in today and lost 1 pound I gained last week. That is what I wanted to do , thus bringing me down to 5 pounds under goal.

I did do the Medi Quick Wednesday and Thursday, and am glad I am off of it, as it messed my stomach up royally. I ate a meal at night that was OP.Usually I would just go back to green menu if I wanted to lose, but for some reason this time I did not. So.... now, back to maintenance.

Wishing everyone a great weigh in and congrats to all those that lost and I welcome all the newbies... Wishing you the best.

Y'all have a great day.
Patzi
Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #10  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default 11-1-11 is my day for 100!!

Hey gang!

I'll just get right to it, if you couldn't already tell by the title.. I signed the 100lb Board this morning!!. I'm really at a loss for words. Which is very rare for me. But I don't quite know what to say or what to do. This weeked, I bought a couple 1x tops, so that's down from a 4/5x and a pair of size 12 jeans!! Which I've gone from a 24 to a 12!!!

Jen: Congrats on the nomination and Good Luck!! And I'm kind of with you on the goal thing. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit but I'm still losing. My goal right now is just to get through my mom's final foot surgery in Pensacola, which we will be down there from November 13-23 and probably on the road on the 24th so I won't be tempted by anything bad and then Christmas.

Patzi: Glad to see you're right back where you want to be. Sorry your tummy got messed up and hopefully everything is back to normal.

Fluffy: I had to buy a few new tops this weekend. But I shopped the clearance racks, so it wasn't too bad. A few ladies at the center have told me about consignment shops in the area so I'm going to try to take my things there and also pick up a few things.

nwcgina: Welcome to the group! Just stick with the program.. it DOES work!

I have to figure out how I'm going to work today. I'm SO hyped! Oh, and I've started a 2nd job. I'll be working part time at Hobby Lobby. I used to work there in Overland Park, KS and loved it. My mom's car broke down, so I'm going to try to save up money and help her buy a new car or at least a nice used car. I may not be around too often, but will try to pop in, when I can.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #11  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

WOW!!! Congratulations to you, Candi!!!!!! You are amazing

You know, you all seem to be doing fantastic, and I really am not, ladies. My motivation is low at the moment, and I just keep messing up. Tomorrow is my WI and I really don't want to go. I feel disappointed in myself, and not sure how to get out of this slump that I am in. The reality is that I am pretty weak when it comes to food, and while I make mostly good choices, it isn't enough.

Some days I feel so strong...and then it seems like a couple of mess ups can really make or break a WI success....

Well, today is OP and I will just keep on taking it "one day at a time."

ps...Patzi, Jen, and Candi??? Would you suggest a temporary "maintenance" time for me? Just thinking that maybe I need a change at this point in my journey, and then get back on the weightloss again after the holidays? My plan is to lose 12 more pounds, then go on Stabilization/Maintenance no matter what. I would so appreciate your insights.....

Last edited by Tamikl; 11-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Hey gang!

I'll just get right to it, if you couldn't already tell by the title.. I signed the 100lb Board this morning!!. I'm really at a loss for words. Which is very rare for me. But I don't quite know what to say or what to do. This weeked, I bought a couple 1x tops, so that's down from a 4/5x and a pair of size 12 jeans!! Which I've gone from a 24 to a 12!!!

Jen: Congrats on the nomination and Good Luck!! And I'm kind of with you on the goal thing. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit but I'm still losing. My goal right now is just to get through my mom's final foot surgery in Pensacola, which we will be down there from November 13-23 and probably on the road on the 24th so I won't be tempted by anything bad and then Christmas.

Patzi: Glad to see you're right back where you want to be. Sorry your tummy got messed up and hopefully everything is back to normal.

Fluffy: I had to buy a few new tops this weekend. But I shopped the clearance racks, so it wasn't too bad. A few ladies at the center have told me about consignment shops in the area so I'm going to try to take my things there and also pick up a few things.

nwcgina: Welcome to the group! Just stick with the program.. it DOES work!

I have to figure out how I'm going to work today. I'm SO hyped! Oh, and I've started a 2nd job. I'll be working part time at Hobby Lobby. I used to work there in Overland Park, KS and loved it. My mom's car broke down, so I'm going to try to save up money and help her buy a new car or at least a nice used car. I may not be around too often, but will try to pop in, when I can.

Hope everyone has a great week!
First of all CONGRATS!!! That is such a great accomplishment!

Wow...you are coming all the way to Florida? Now don't be fooled by coming to the Sunshine State...this morning it was 39 outside (I live not far from Pensacola)

I'm glad for the size change but I hate shopping, esp clothes shopping. I have clothes for the next size down so I won't have to shop that much then
Old 11-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Rzrbackcandi - WAY TO GO!!! That is amazing.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #14  

diet direct has the hot drinks (chocolates, etc.), powdered HNS and puddings on sale this week
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Jen - Way to go on the contest entry. Hope you and your center WIN!
Closed Thread