Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:33 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Wink Weighty Issues #4

Welcome to the Weighty Issues thread! We are a group of women who are trying to get through every day life with the help of each other. No topics are off limits, we discuss everything. If it wasn't for these girls I probably wouldn't be here trying to get healthy.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:37 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

okay, I am back on track today! Next weekend I have to make sure that I plan it out so I don't mess it up again. I dont want to fall back into that pattern again because that is what made me gain all my weight back in the first place. My lomein was awesome though!!

Last night we made a fire for the kids and we all made s'mores and the kids had hotdogs. I have never had a s'more and boy werent they good. i ate about 4 of them. And I used lots of chocolate. BAD GIRL!!

We watched National Security last night. That was so funny. Analyze That was kinda boring. I still have to finish it this morning.

I got in 3 miles already so hopefully it isn't raining tonight and I can do it again and start my week off right.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:32 AM   #3  

Hi everybody,

I hope you all have had a great weekend!!! mine has actually been pretty good so far. I'm slowing getting back on track. Although I'm going to have to bust my butt to get to my vacation goal, especially since we're leaving on Saturday (Hopefully, as long as the money comes thru) AHHHH, dry desert air, good time to get a tan. Well this is also the last week of school for my son. 2 1/2 days left and he will be a 2nd grader. Where does the time go? But by the end of the summer, I'll be thinking that the time doesn't go fast enough. I've got to plan some activities for them this summer, especially since I'm going to be home with them the whole time.

Angie: Glad to hear your back on track. Lomein sounds soooooo good right now. I have to try and behave myself while on our trip. It's harder when I'm in the motorhome though, cause there is a pantry and fridge with all kinds of stuff in it. And when your driving for like 8 hours, all there really is to do is sleep( which I won't be doing with the kids around) or eat.

Well my daughter Ivy wants me to go watch the Wiggles movie with her so I'm off for the night. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #4  

Hey I found ya!

I am busy right now doing billing I just wanted to pop in real quick. I will be back later this afternoon.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:10 PM   #5  

OK now I can sit down and write a little.

Sandy Joe only went to fire school for work. He had to do a week long training. He has to be HAZMAT certified and fire certified just in case something happend and they needed him. He works for a pipeline company that deals with propane. (and no he isn't Hank Hill lol)

Noell we went to see Bruce Almighty. I laughed thru the whole thing. I think it helped that I had already had 2 medium maragritas and a strawberry daiquiry. I want to see Nemo though. I love cartoons!

Jen I am sure you will be were you need to be for Saturday. Just keep your head up and think about what your pay off will be. I have never ridden in a motor home. Is it fun?

Angie what luck! How many new accounts did you get? Alos don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing so good I bet you don't even gain anything from the eating. Oh by the way, I got the BB FF yogurt and I can't stop eating it. It is so good. I really have to control myself.

Joe not being home does suck royally! Talk about getting lazy. When he isn't home I really don't have any motivation to do anything. Even the dog is bored.

I am thinking about going to school again. Just a few random thoughts going through my head.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #6  

Hi there girls, I seemed to have found you. I figured I'd go looking because I hadn't gotten an e mail saying there was any new messages. So, I went a hunting and found you.

Kempy: Sorry I was all messed up there, didnt realize he worked a pipeline. But, still I would be lonley too.

Angie: How many accounts did you get ????? Come on~~~inquiring minds need to know...LOL

Hugs to all,
Old 06-02-2003, 04:31 PM   #7  

Noelle I just read your journal and I am so sorry so hear about your friend. I think we sometimes forget how precious life is until something like this happens.

We are here for you if you need to talk.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:52 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy still crying

Hey girls, I'm here. Thanks Kempy for the consolation. I didn't realize how fond I was of her until I thought of all the things she did for me, inspiring and mentoring me. I will miss her. Yup, it's so true that you don't know what you got until it's gone. I'm glad I'm all alone in this office because I've been crying like a baby. On the plus side I don't feel like eating much of anything. And hey, congrats on your decision to go to school again. Life's too short not to take chances and do what you gotta do.

I need to step out the office and get ahold of myself. Live life to the fullest girls, enjoy your family and friends and cherish each and every one of them every day.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:41 PM   #9  

Noelle: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. But, I do think your right, live life to the fullest and do what you want to do, because there are no gaurantees.

Wishing you all a good day/evening

Hugs,
Old 06-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WOW< Finally I can get 5 seconds to post!!

Noelle, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I choked on some Candy once when I was little and it was a good thing my grandmother was there because my mother was drinking and didn't take me seriously. I still remember the feeling of that. SCARY! I am one of those parents that never allowed round candies around my kids because of that.

I got 2 new big accounts for the Irving Company. I should start them on Wednesday when the boss gets back from Boston. I cant wait. I hope he loses all of them!! Bad arent I?

Kempy, I just went and bought 2 things of the Blue Bunny. I dont want to run out.

I have been nibbling and I cant understand why I would do that. I ate 2 donut holes today and some of Jays chocolate Croissant. I dont want to relax and gain any weight back because I just started to feel comfortable where I am. I really need to work on it because I dont want to wake up in a few months and have gained the 70 pounds back.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for your hugs and sympathies over the loss of my friend. Those tears sure helped. Anyway I'm in a better frame of mind right now. Her niece from NJ is supposed to fly in on Thursday to take care of her affairs including a memorial service possibly this weekend or early next week. I really don't think they'll be flying her back here since she had no family here, all are on the mainland--and there's only one sister and the niece. So sad.

Angie I remember being 4-5 years old and choking on "Life Savers" of all things. Isn't that ironic? My mom used to hide them in her dresser drawer but that didn't stop me from finding them and choking on them . Back then people used to start whacking the choking person on the back, but now there's the heimlich maneuver. Congrats on your 2 new accounts and good luck on getting the rest of them. See? There is justice in this world--cheaters get caught and honest people get their due. Gosh, I know about nibbling. Isn't it scary how fast the weight can come back on? and if you don't buckle back down right away things can get out of control! I'm having a pretty good food day so far and hope for a good week.

Well, I've gotta run again, check you gals out later. Take care of yourselves.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:45 AM   #12  

Hi everybody,

I hope you all have had a good monday. Well today was weigh in day........I lost 5 pounds I am now only 3 pounds away from my vacation goal. I guess the step up in my workout helped. I just can't keep it up for too long. I took a break from the gym today and just did some regular walking today, but it's back to the gym tomorrow. Eating was okay today, I think I had a little too many pretzels, and I just got done eating some fat free frozen yogurt. Maybe that's why I feel guilty. I don't know. I'm still working on the rest of my water.

I have officially gone crazy about the trip. Nothing I have planned is good enough for my sister or it's nothing that she wanted to do. Even though I have asked for feedback for the past 2 weeks. Oh well. I just have to keep whining about it. I wrote all of it in my journal, so if you want to hear the whole thing, you could read it there, otherwise this post will be a mile long by the time I'm done with it.

Noelle: I am so sorry about your friend. That's really hard. I wish I had something else to say, but I'm never really good at that. If you need anything......

Angie: Congratulations on your new accounts!!!!!

Kempy; I've been wanting to see Bruce Almighty since I saw the previews, but I never know what to do about Jim Carrey movies. Some are really good, and some are just awful. But now that you said it was hilarious.....I'm going.

Sandy: How are you doing?

Well I better go for now. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:09 AM   #13  

Hey there chicks,
I'm officially back on the wagon again. Gosh, it was so easy to fall off and has taken me weeks to climb back on and keep my butt planted. I need to get this weight off!!! I hate it. I have joined a challenge page though, so I think that will help. I seemed to have given myself permission to go off plan a little and just one thing led to another and another and another....bad cycle!!! So today Tuesday June 3, I am back!!! I'm not sure if I will follow the WW plan to a tee, but I will and am going to pretty much follow it, but will not obsses about my points. I tend to have a really low pt day and then an okay pt day and then I may be over a couple of pts, so I think it will all work in the end. And isn't it OPRAH that said you have to find a plan that works for you not everyone else. Maybe I have discovered one for me?

Angie: Congrat's on the accounts, thats great. The Irving we have down here in the town next to me Waldoboro, they have a bakery in their store, so I did not realize that some of the stores account out their baked goods? And I never knew that their dougnuts were baked.....LOL...but don't they have to be fried to be frozen? I'm not a baker!!!! LOL.

I know what you mean about the hard candy, I still have a heart attack when someone tries to give my 5 year old a life saver or a hard ball candy of some sorts.

Jen: Congrats on the 5 lbs, that is so great!!!! Keep up the wonderful work.

Kempy: Hope your day goes well. What do you want to go back to school to be? Anything in particular? I think it's a great idea, especially since you don't have kids and stuff, you can really get some stuff done. Once you have kids (god love them) you don't get to much accomplished for the first few years of their lives.

Well girls, talk to you all later.
Hugs,
Old 06-03-2003, 10:00 AM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! I just got my walk in and I jumped on the scales this morning. I am back down to 142 and I have no idea how it happened. When I say I messed up on Saturday I mean that I MESSED UP BAD. I won't complain though.

JEN, WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! I know how you feel with the planning of your vacation. Plan what you want to do because you will never make everyone happy. Make sure YOU have fun. I am envious of you. I want to go do something. We made a fire in the yard for the kids Saturday night and made S'mores and hot dogs and it was so much fun. I told Jay we should rent a camper for a night and take the kids in the woods and go camping. I hate to sleep in tents but I think a camper would be fun and it would only have to be for a night because we only get one day off a week.

Sandy, That is how I diet. I have people look at me like I am crazy because I dont follow any plan but when I started 3 years ago I said I would have to eat as closely to normal as I can to make it work. so I bought lowfat or fat free versions of the same crap I always ate and it works for me. You can do this. I think most places like that buy them frozen and just heat them up and fill. Yeah they need to be fried before they can be frozen. I do that for Sundays or we would never get a day off. hehe

Noelle, You can do this. You have come so far. How was last night for you?

Kempy, Going back to school sounds great! Sounds even better if you can work for yourself. You would love that! Good Luck!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #15  

Jen you go girl! I am with Angie on making yourself happy. A vacation is about relaxing not trying to please everyone. I bet when you get back and tell your sister how much fun you had she will be upset that she didn't go. Don't worry about it you just have a good time.

Sandy I think you have to make the plan work for you too. I know what works for me doesn't work for anyone else. I am with you too about being on the wagon again. I started over yesterday too.

Angie you kill me (in a good way) you can mess up and still lose weight. You are doing something right.

I am trying to go in for electrolysis scholling. I have to figure out how to pay for it and what we will do if I cut back on my hours. My mom thinks I should work here Sunday - Wednesday and go to school Thursday - Saturday. IS SHE INSANE!! I need a day off somewhere. I know myself to well, I can't work and do something non-stop. I told her what would happen is that I would ge feed up and end up quiting both things. Not a good idea.

I did some weights yesterday and I was going to take Echo for a walk when I got home. Well, the walk idea got cancelled b/c of the cat. She kept following me. I couldn't get her to stay at the house so I just threw some things in the yard for Echo to chase. I am hopiong that the weight training counted for something. Oh well, today is another day.
Closed Thread