Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #1  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Weight Loss Buddies VIII

Ok Ladies, we were over our 500 posts, so thought I'd get a new one started.

Allison - this is a new thread, so a new path out of the 190's! How did you do on plan today? Any fun new DVD's?

Dance - Wow, can only imagine how hot it is in Texas right now. It's 90 and humid here...must be ten times worse where you are. When are you back in CO?

Katylil - Welcome!! Glad you found our little group. Just some background - most of us have been together for over a year (I think almost 18 months now). We share about our WL and our lives in general. We have a very supportive group of ladies here! I'm a calorie counter / workout with a trainer (Jeff - you'll see his name from time to time).

Ok ladies, today was good on plan - just have to get these knees back in shape so I can work out again. My knees are still in pretty bad shape and my sciatica is starting to flare up here and there (not a good sign at all). Jeff is back from vacation tomorrow, I have an appt with him at 1:00 to ARP. Hoping this will do the trick because I go back on Friday too. Lucky me!

Great find of the day!!! Went to JCPenney to attempt to find something to wear to my SIL's bridal shower. found a super cute black and white dress on sale for $25 - and it was a size 14!! Wohooo!!

Hope everyone is doing well and checks in again soon!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting the new thread, Maddiesmom! And I want to see pix of that new dress when you get a chance. I've found some dresses at JCP in the last year too - the one I brought to my reunion in Philly was from there. I've done some discount shopping here in houston in my free evenings and have had no luck at all but glad you're having good shopping karma!

Am going to try to get in another workout today. How are you all doing?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #3  
aka Vicky

Dance: Well, I bought the dress for the bridal shower, which is next week, so I'll have some pictures posted on FB shortly after. It's a sleeveless dress, black and white. Since I don't like my arms, I have a cute short sleeved dressy jacket to wear over it. Just need to pick up some spanx and I'm good to go! Oh and shoes...gotta find new shoes.

How is everyone today? I didn't work out, but did have my ARP appt at 1:00 - probably the most painful one yet, but we found the spots that need to get taken care of (looking on the bright side). It's my hamstring and my kneecap on my left leg. I've had issues with my left hip and sciatica on my left side and when he turned the dial, I felt the pain surge everywhere, so that's where we're going to work going forward. I go back tomorrow at 1:00 again.

Food has been good, trying to keep it on track since I'm not working out, but I have to eat some extra protein since I'm getting those muscles worked so much. I'm getting there, but it's going to take some time and a little more pain to get through it.

Hope everyone finds the new thread and joins us! Have a great day!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Yay Vicky-new thread to get to the 180s, we can do it. I hope you get your knees straightened out. Knee pain sucks. I have weak knees but nothing like you are going through. Cant wait to see your cute dress.

Dance-are you sweating your butt off in TX(literally), lol.

Finished packing for our weekend of fun. Its gonna be nice to get away. Cant wait to see the baby. Gonna miss my pups though, but they will be good. They are staying with the same lady that kept them while we were in AL.

I was getting frustrated with the muffin top trying on clothes for the weekend. I wish I could spot train and get rid of it. Oh well, at least its getting smaller.

I better get in the shower and get to bed. Gotta get up early. Yuck.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #5  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Hi ladies!
Thanks Vicky, it really sounds like you're all so supportive of each other, I'm glad I found this thread!
Ouch on the knee pain. It's not nice, especially when you're trying to work out! I'm a Musical Theatre student and I get a lot of shin pains which isn''t helpful AT ALL in dance classes. Hope it starts to feel at least slightly better soon! Also, dress photos! It sounds lovely!

Burgundy - muffin tops. UGH. I hate mine. Wit ha burning passion. If I had to lose weight off only one place, that would be it (but thankfully it doesnt have to be lost off only one place and it's very slowly getting smaller!)

I've done quite well with food lately. Today I'm going to go over my calorie count, cos it's my mum's birthday and cake and beef stroganoff is involved...but it's a treat and I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Exercise on the other hand...I slipped on the wet-from-rain road the other day and fell off my moped, banging my head and several other appendages. I got checked out at A&E and no concussion or anything, but a bit of whiplash is making it painful for me to move my neck and the doctor said no strenous activity, so exercise has been out! hopefully I'll be completely fine and back on my elliptical again by monday!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #6  

katylil - ouch! poor you - that sounds awful. hope you recover soon!

burgundy - how's your ankle doing?

maddiesmom - you are such a trooper for going through these treatments - can't wait until you're pain-free!

Just did a short run on the treadmill in the fitness center and am having peanut butter on ww toast since burgundy got me thinking about it I fly back to denver this evening thank goodness. What's everyone up to over the weekend?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #7  

Morning, girls! Happy weekend! I've been up since 4am and am a little punchy but am happy to be home. Am going to either do my usual run in the park or get out for a good walk later - not sure. And run a gazillion errands. What's everyone else doing?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #8  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Hahaha afternoon from where I am!
4am Dancer??! Wow! Kudos! No way I can get up that early. 7am is my earliest time for getting up!
Well I'm back to work in a bit for my afternoon shift. Quite pleased, I weighed myself this morning: I'm down a pound and a half! Not exactly sure how that happened considering I had beef stroganoff and chocolate cake yesterday...sure, they were small portions of both, but still!
Still no exercise (except for my usual walking here and there at work) but I already have a plan in place for next week and the two following, which will bring me to the date of my first mini-goal: 147 pounds on 1st of September!
Hope you're all having a good day!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #9  

So, the 4am thing wasn't on purpose - my bf has trouble sleeping sometimes and I tend to wake up when he does. Got in a nap this morning though which helped.

katylil - congrats on a 1.5lbs! Great job!!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #10  
aka Vicky

Sorry I haven't been around ladies! Most of the time, I'm checking from work on my lunch break, but since I've been ARPing during lunch and work has been crazy, hasn't left me much time.

So, I ARPed on Thursday and Friday and we finally found the end all, be all problem. It's my hamstring to my knee. Extremely painful. Thursday I got the dial to 6.2 (out of 10), and went back on Friday, and only improved slightly - 6.6. Going back Monday through Wednesday to get this blasted out and done. I going to check with Jeff to see what my options are after Wednesday, at that point I've done 10 sessions. Hoping that I can take the pain a little more and get to 10, but right now I'm not sure that's possible. Can't really work out at all while this is going on. Luckily I'm maintaining, so I guess I can't complain too much.

dance: Sorry for your early morning! I feel your pain. Maddie wakes up at 4 each morning and then comes in my room to sleep. Hard to sleep when a 2 year old hogs the bed!! Did you get any running done this weekend?

Katylil: Congrats on the 1.5!!! GReAT JOB!!! Sorry to hear about your accident, hoping you are on the mend and feeling better soon! Glad to see you have a mini goal, you can definitely achieve it by September!

So, went out shopping again yesterday at the local outlet mall. They have an Ann Taylor outlet (totally love their clothes). Got 3 pairs of slacks and 3 shirts for less than $150. Not too shabby. Then went to the coach outlet and they had this super cute bag that was originally $298, got it for $70! Gotta love outlet sales. Got a matching wallet too, couldn't resist. Worst thing I could have done? Gone to McDonald's for dinner. I was starving by the time I left the mall (My own fault, there was noone with me), so I had a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo, which was fine, but then I had the fries. Man, my stomach is killing me today. Now I definitely know, no more fast food. I can't take it anymore. Guess it's a lesson learned.

How was everyone else's weekend? Hoping everyone is doing well!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

** Tail tucked... shameful face!** Hi girls. Can you forgive me for dropping off the face of the earth?
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #12  
aka Vicky

AJ: WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I missed you! How have you been? Love the new picture of you. Let us know what's been going on. You know you are more than welcome back at any time!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

katylil-congrats on the 1.5 lbs. Beef stroganoff sounds yummy, havent had it in ages. How is your neck feeling? I like your minigoals.

Dance-my ankle is feeling fine now, it seemed to only be that one day it was bothering me. Dont know what that was all about. Peanut butter is a weakness of mine. I had to drag somebody along with me, lol.

Vicky-so sorry you are going thru this pain again with your knees. You are one tough cookie to go thru these treatments. Are you able to do any kind of workout or just trying to take it easy? **Jealous**, I wanna go shopping. I am waiting to lose more before I get anything new. I did go to Rue 21 a few weeks ago and got a couple shirts and I got a sweater Saturday at TJ Maxx.

AJ-Of course we forgive you. We are glad to have you back. How is Seattle?

My walk of shame now.................I ate pretty much anything I wanted on Friday and Saturday while we were out of town. That even includes a breakfast buffet on Saturday, yikes. Well I paid for it Sat night and Sunday. My stomach was a mess(Vicky, I feel ya on no more fast food) I barely ate anything yesterday. I wont do that again. If we go out of town I will stay POP. I dont want to feel like that again. I am back on track today and gonna stay there.

Had a great weekend other than that though. Met Jade Rose, she turned a week on Saturday, she was so adorable. I didnt want to ever put her down. Now I know Chris and I have to get to the doctor and check out our fertility issues.

Sandy-we really miss you, come back!!!!!!

Have a great Monday everyone.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #14  

AJ - how fun to see you again! Is that a picture from your friend's wedding? You look gorgeous!

Will post more later - just wanted to say a quick hello!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Thank you!

Vicky- Thank you so much! So sweet.
Allison- I am still so impressed with your 30ds victory. I think I made it through 10 days when I was 100% diet committed. I am glad you are feeling better today.

Dance- It is the wedding. And I was back at my original starting weight so it is hard to look at the pics but I wanted to use a fat pic as my avatar so that I stay motivated! =) Thank you though.

Okay girls.... I am not sure what plan I want to follow. I am not sure of anything actually. I AM SURE I can not live like this anymore. I am smoking again after years, I eat crap and feel like crap. I am actually fairly active but it does nothing when I eat taco bell and mcdonalds.

I am starting slow today and shooting for 1600 calories and I will go back to 1300 tomorrow. It feels so awful to feel like you have wasted a year.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote