View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #60
ushabti

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default Greetings Alternachicks!

I am getting back into the dieting thing after a hiatus of 7 and 1/2 years. This fat thing apparently is not something that is going to just go away on its own! I have tried not thinking about it, trying to slip into exercising, eating vegetarian, and even going vegan for most of a year, and but this darn fat just sticks around. I know that exercise is a key piece and the ball that I generally drop first so figuring out how to keep that one in the air is a major part of my strategy this go round. I am starting to track what I eat and plan to join a reputable gym by where I work that has various exercise classes. My last success (in 2001 and 2002) was with a combo of Weight Watchers and a gym membership. I may join WW online this time. We will see. I think the gym membership is more key at the moment.

Age 50

Weight 260

Goal 150

Virgo

Spirituality - Web of Life-focused, Quaker/Unitarian + Buddhism and various other mystic paths. Like Dr. Bronner, I believe that it's "All one!"

Liberal/Feminist outlook

Diet - mostly vegetarian/vegan

Married
Children (2 at home and 1 out of the nest)
Pets - 2 cats

Profession- Librarian/Geekette

Hobbies - Reading (of course!), watching movies, listening to music of all kinds, traveling, dabbler in gaming, and inner space exploration (IChing, Tarot, meditation, etc). I like to walk in gardens, nature preserves, scenic places, and large cities (when I can afford to travel to them).
ushabti is offline   Reply With Quote