Old 04-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #226  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I guess I'm sort of an Alternachick since I've been posting under the subforum a bit. I'm pretty much a plain Jane but have a lot of contacts in/admiration for different Alternachick-y communities.

NAME: atmos

BIRTHDAY: March 30 (just turned 30!)

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 160

CURRENT WEIGHT: 145 after a gain

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Dirty blonde that's a bit red in the sun

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Genealogy, hiking, Irish dance, beer tasting, music, crochet

PETS: A very sweetly evil cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado Front Range

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza, chips, ice cream, yogurt, strawberries

FAVORITE EXERCISE: A toss up between Irish dance and hiking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Books about physics, weather, astronomy, or ancient religions and culture, particularly Insular Celtic and Egyptian

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Not much into movies. Repo the Genetic Opera and a lot of Tim Burton's work come to mind.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Crime documentaries

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Gaelic punk (The Tossers, The Real McKenzies, Flatfoot 56, The Young Dubliners, The Welch Boys, The Pogues to name a few), 90s rock/alt rock/grunge

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional binge eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't know that anything is different. But I'm hopeful.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting at 20% reduction from TDEE and ample exercise.

RELIGION: Pagan, specifically Druidry but leaning towards a more Celtic Reconstructionist path

POLITICS: Independent but lean more liberal.

PIERCINGS: One in each ear lobe

TATTOOS: None yet, but I've been considering either a tree of life or Gaelic phrase (see signature) on my left side. Haven't settled yet.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:09 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'2

Default Hey!

Hey! I'm Katelin, and I'm definitely an alternachick, even though I fall on the "indie folk" side of the spectrum.

Name: Katelin

Age & Birthday: May 5th, 2000 (15)

Top Weight: 150 (at 4'11)

Current Weight: 130 (at 5'2)

Goal Weight: 120

Eye Color: A very green hazel

Hair Color: Medium Brown

Hobbies: Singing, musical theater, (minus the dancing) playing guitar, music, reading, songwriting, painting, traveling, history, writing, geography, psychology/mental health, and photography.

Pets: None

Geographic Locale: Southern NY

Favorite Color: Peacock Blue

Favorite Foods: Ice cream, () raspberries, blackberries, apples, peanut butter, and pasta with pesto sauce (gluten free pasta, that is)
Favorite Exercises: LONG walks, hikes, and core workouts.

Favorite Books: A Catcher in the Rye, Breakfast of Champions, Persepolis, Slaughterhouse Five, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Book Thief, any poetry by Plath or Cummings, The Enormous Room, and The Bell Jar.
Favorite Movies: Once, The King's Speech, and Whiplash.

Favorite Musicals: Once, (LOVE LOVE) Fiddler on the Roof, Hair, A Chorus Line, Ragtime, Urinetown, and Cabaret.

Favorite TV Shows: PARKS AND RECREATION **** YES

Favorite Music (get ready for a laundry list) The Civil Wars, Daughter, Bon Iver, Gregory Alan Isakov, James Vincent McMorrow, Lucy Rose, The Swell Season, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Norah Jones, Ingrid Michaelson, Vancouver Sleep Clinic, Lord Huron, Joy Williams, (formerly of The Civil Wars) The Staves, Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, The Head and the Heart, The Beatles, Beirut, Laura Marling, Noah and the Whale, Of Monsters and Men, Bombay Bicycle Club, The XX, and Alt-J.

Problem in Weight Loss: Binge Eating Disorder (Now Recovered!!!!)

Weight Loss Plan: 90 minutes of physical activity daily and following macros. Gluten free and proud!

Religious Beliefs: Agnostic Atheist

Political ViewsVery) Liberal Democrat

No tattoos or even piercings, I HATE needles.
starscollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 260/177/140

Height: 5'4

Default Hi I'm new.

Name: Iris

Weight & Height: 5'4, 177.

Job: I work for a music company doing music stuff. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life.

Music: Experimental, noise, avant-garde, industrial, goth, post punk, punk, all kinds of things.

Books: Zines. Macabre non fiction. Morbid Curiosity Magazine. Anatomy. Comic books. Forensic anthropologist autobiographies. Biographies of writers and artists. Sometimes I read fiction.

TV: It's complicated.

Interests/Hobbies: Walking. Playing the cello and harmonium. Coffee. Visiting weird places.

Goals: Lose weight. Learn more. Be happy.

Religion: Pagan.

Relationship Status: In a relationship.
___iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #229  

NAME: lisa

BIRTHDAY: 4/7/67

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 315

CURRENT WEIGHT: 303

GOAL WEIGHT: 180 but I'd settle for 200

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: the outdoors, Nascar, NFL football, crochet, scrapbooking

PETS: currently, 2 cats, 1 dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: west-central Ohio

FAVORITE COLOR: burgundy

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate

FAVORITE EXERCISE: yuck

FAVORITE BOOK(S): sci-fi, mystery, action adventure

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): sci-fi, super hero, action adventure

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): cooking shows, PBS shows, too many to name

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portions too large

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've set my mind this time, no matter how long it takes, I will get healthy again.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: weight loss classes, weight loss clinic, drink more water (accomplished), the Mediterranean Diet

RELIGION: raised Presbyterian

POLITICS: probably more Democratic

PIERCINGS: none right now, I feel kinda too old for them.

TATTOOS: 3

Goals: 180 lbs., continue to get healthier and healthier, improve my heart and lungs
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote