Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #106  
: )

S/C/G: tick tick ticker

Height: 5'0"

All I have to say to this thread is... yesssss.

MARITAL STATUS: Single. I'm not sure who/what I'm looking for

TOP WEIGHT: Close to 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 - 145

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: (almost natural color!) brown with a teal streak

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Making art, watching TV (:P), making crafts, hanging out with friends, playing guitar

PETS: I have a fish? and I love cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Carolina : )

FAVORITE COLOR: Teal! Hence the streak

FAVORITE FOODS: Chinese... pasta... anything sweet.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Sweating it out on the elliptical and a good round of weights

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I love Harry Potter, and anything horror/mystery/fantasy...except Twilight

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Saw, Harry Potter, all horror movies, anything with the Brat Pack, Superbad

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Family Guy, Chopped, Flight of the Conchords

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: John Mayer, RHCP, Nirvana, Radiohead, Of Montreal

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I eat too much.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
I'm going to eat less!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I might join Weight Watchers, but I'm legitimately trying to make a LIFESTYLE change, you know?

PIERCINGS: First lobes (6g), second lobe holes, one misc. cartilage on each ear (in different places though, hahah), rook, and a beautiful scar from a rejected horizontal eyebrow

TATTOOS: None yet! I've made the decision to wait : P
lumosmaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #107  
Crazy Cat Woman

S/C/G: 284/274/165

Height: 5' 4"

Hi there! I LOVE your name!! I, too, love Harry Potter, and I'm looking forward to the release of the 7th movie in November! I also hate Twilight, LOL!!

Welcome, and please join the Halloween Challenge!
duckchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckchick View Post
Hi there! I LOVE your name!! I, too, love Harry Potter, and I'm looking forward to the release of the 7th movie in November! I also hate Twilight, LOL!!

Welcome, and please join the Halloween Challenge!
Is it bad that I forgot I made my user name Harry Potter-y when I posted this? : P I am definitely pumped for the movie - and me and my best friend are going to the theme park on SATURDAY (!!!)... so I'm super excited.

I will definitely go check out this Halloween challenge right nowwww
Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #109  
Crazy Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosmaxima View Post
Is it bad that I forgot I made my user name Harry Potter-y when I posted this? : P I am definitely pumped for the movie - and me and my best friend are going to the theme park on SATURDAY (!!!)... so I'm super excited.

I will definitely go check out this Halloween challenge right nowwww
The theme park??? AAUUGGHH!! I'm officially jealous!!!

Have fun!! And, if possible, could you take pictures?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckchick View Post
The theme park??? AAUUGGHH!! I'm officially jealous!!!

Have fun!! And, if possible, could you take pictures?
Umm YESSS of courseee!
and hopefully by then I'll be able to post pictures : P I'll make lots of regular posts in the meantime to ensure that I can
Plus when I was looking at the photos thread, I realized that I don't even think I have a full body photo of myself from anything earlier than last summer, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be a great spot for that
Old 07-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #111  
Crazy Cat Woman

Coolness!

You know, I need to post pictures of myself there, as well. I've been wanting to, but have put it off because this week has been crazy busy. Ah well, the weekend cometh!

Have a tremendous amount of fun!!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:44 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

NAME: Dana

BIRTHDAY:
Feb

MARITAL STATUS:
Single

TOP WEIGHT:
260 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT:
245 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT:

EYE COLOR / HAIR COLOR:
green / light brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
graphic/web design, german, traveling, shooting

PETS:
Rabbit!, Cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
Portland, Oregon

FAVORITE COLOR:
I'm artsy. I love em all.

FAVORITE FOODS:
seafood (snow crab!), chinese, mexican, home cooked, organic

FAVORITE EXERCISE:
swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S):
I'm weird. I don't like fiction. I like instructional books and biographies haha.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):
aliens, pride & prejudice, forest gump, the shawshank redemption, the orphanage, enemy at the gates, anything sci-fi, horror, war, thriller, or good drama

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S):
king of the hill, the unit, weaponology, adult swim, iron chef

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC:
funker vogt, depeche mode, death cab for cutie, tom petty, björk. I listen to a little of everything but mostly like industrial and indie.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
discipline, emotional eating

a persisting knee injury

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN:
WeightWatchers

RELIGION:
non-practicing christian

POLITICS:
right of center

PIERCINGS:
nostril, septum. no longer a fan of piercings though.

TATTOOS:
none. it's not for me.

I'm mostly alternative interest-wise. Not so much lifestyle anymore. Dunno if I fit in here, but oh well. Hi everyone.

Last edited by ChubbyBun; 07-31-2010 at 03:14 AM.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 230/225/145

Height: 5'5.5

MARITAL STATUS: Trying to convince my BF about the joys of Trinogamy (David Tennant?)

TOP WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Black 'n burgandy

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Cooking, attempting to be artistic, Getting my hands on anything to do with Paganism, bantering, and Spanish.

PETS: The most wonderful, slightly evil, belly-rub-loving, crooked-tail-having black cat in the entire world, Libby.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Woo-Pig Sooie!!!!

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple.

FAVORITE FOODS:Cheese. ANY type of cheese by the block-load, thanks.

FAVORITE EXERCISE:Shakin' my groove thang.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Dark Tower Series, Brave New World, L.O.T.R, Harry Potter, ANYTHING Anne Rice, Albert Camus, Neale Donald Walsh, or Scott Cunningham. Really anything I can get my hands on.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Half-Nelson, Old School Disney, Away we Go, Anything with Whoopi, Meryl Streep, Will Smith, Jim Carey or even breathed on by Quentin Tarantino or Wes Anderson. Ect, Ect, Ect.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S):It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!, Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys, 30 Rock. But seriously...David Tennant...if you're reading...will you marry me?

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Lots and Lots. I la la love Radiohead. Stevie Wonder, Anita Baker, Luther, Marvin, Patti anything that sounds better on a record player, which happens to be almost everything. Love Portishead, Ella, Shawn Phillips, Paul Simon, Bear vs Shark, Tool..anything. I'd be easier to name what I don't like. Which is Metal. I'm beginning to think I misinterpreted the meaning of "alternative"

RELIGION: Pagan. That's pretty general, I know...but at this point that's about all I got.

POLITICS: Mostly useless, seeing as how the minority rules the majority anyway. But I guess that kind of apathy is exactly the problem. Agh, I don't care anyways.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Copious amounts of booze and candy, usually at the same time. Oh, and those damn Carmel Apple Empanadas that are probably now apart of my DNA.

I'd like to say, "For once in my adult life, I'm happy just the way I am" because, physically, I haven't been able to say that..well...ever. Also, the prospect of being healthier and more fit is an exciting one. Aaaanndd, I've always had this fantasy of rocking the **** out of a stripper pole without just slowing squeaking my way to the bottom.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN:Exercising, eating and drinking less. Counting calories.

PIERCINGS:Lobes, and I have an industrial which is pretty much my pride 'n joy.

TATTOOS:Nothing yet.
RndmCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #114  
JillieJill

S/C/G: 326/?/?

Height: 5/7

Hi...I'm new too, glad to meet you...here is a little about me!

MARITAL STATUS: Married to a drummer....

TOP WEIGHT: 336

GOAL WEIGHT: size 12
EYE COLOR: green
HAIR COLOR: i alternate between black and blonde
HOBBIES/INTERESTS:working, politics, reading
PETS: i have a bird- the Kracken, a dog Remy, and a turtle Tortuga
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey
FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: cheese
FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Richard Dawkins

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Batman

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): xfiles, discovery channel
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: hank III

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portion control
ranting on a forum

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: low calorie
PIERCINGS: none
TATTOOS:1- back piece
JillieJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'0

Post your garden varity "wierdo"

Hello all! I'm Nicole aka Panda! I'm new to 3fc and just found this fourm! I'm so happy to find a group of people who not only are going thru the ups and downs of weight loss but also seem to just know what its like be to different.

Over the years my look has toned down alot, mother of 2 kids with a corporate job lol, but I'm still an alterachick at heart, I listen to everything from Coal Chamber (yep still listen to them) to Sarah Brightman, and L7 to Gucci maine! Weird I know! I miss all of my piercings and you'd never know that I'm in the process of covering myself with tattoos (they can all be covered with clothes)

I miss my purple hair (so a purple wigs does the trick) and i def miss my skinny 16 yr old body! But I can't wait to go thru this journey with all of the love and support you give each other! Thanks! Here's my bio!

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged to a white guy who swears hes black lol

TOP WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

EYE COLOR: brown
HAIR COLOR: Icky brown color.. i totally miss my red and purple hair

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Spending time with my kiddos, putting on electric colored eyeshadow!! Reading, baking
PETS: a cat name Thunder, "Thunder cats HOOOO!!"
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: The Bible belt , Forest Park, Georgia!
FAVORITE COLOR: Purple!

FAVORITE FOODS: Brownies! and sushi!
FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Just Ella. Shangi Girls

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Death Becomes Her
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): The Colony, Anything to do with the paranormal
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Orgy!
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I LOVE TO EAT!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm finally motivated!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Portion control and getting my butt moving whether its even just a 30 min walk everyday

PIERCINGS: I had, a nose stud, tongue ring, industrial, navel ring, lip ring 3 diff times, nipple ring... yup i think thats all

TATTOOS:angry teddy bear biting off barbies head on outside right ankle, star and moon on inside right ankle, my lovely tramp stamp (soon to be covered with a full back piece) playboy bunny on left hip which is currently being covered by a geisha that goes half way down my thigh, Oh! and a geisha on my left foot lol i forgot about that one!

Last edited by Pandabear; 08-13-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Pandabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

I have probably done this intro before as I was here 3 years ago losing weight but its a new time around so I will do it again

MARITAL STATUS: Married happily to an amazing husband who is nothing like me but it wokrs out better that way lol

TOP WEIGHT: 221

GOAL WEIGHT: 125-130

EYE COLOR: Green
HAIR COLOR: changes frequently its light reddish brown right now

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:tons! Photography, creative writing, singing, music, movies, YA paranormal novels, paranormal romance
PETS: a cat named bella
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ontario Canada
FAVORITE COLOR: jewel tones, green

FAVORITE FOODS: peanut butter and icecream
FAVORITE EXERCISE: trampoline and treadmill
FAVORITE BOOK(S): too many to name but heres a few twilight, hush hush and shiver

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Nightmare before christmas and boondock saints
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): vampire diaries, the gates, supernatural, heroes
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: punk, rock and metal. AFI, Versaemerge, MCR, The used, Alice in Chains

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love food

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: really motivated! and I know I am done having kids so I don't have to worry abotu gaining it back that way...again

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: 1400 cal diet and exercise

PIERCINGS:I had nose, navel, tongue and lip now I just have two ear piercings

TATTOOS: a star with the words hodl on underneath but I am getting it covered. I am also getting a halloween fairy with two pumpkins with my boys names on my back and a bird for my grandpa and nan on my shoulder
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 335/T/160

Height: 5'8

MARITAL STATUS: Single and lovin' it

TOP WEIGHT: 340

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-160

EYE COLOR:Brown
HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Movies, TV, fishing, cooking, GAMES!!! (video, card, board, computer - any game, I'm in!)

PETS: A Beta fish named Alpha

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nebraska

FAVORITE COLOR: Orange (except during Husker football season)

FAVORITE FOODS: CHEESE

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Wii fit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I love the classics. And Harry potter.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): So many my mind can't even pick any.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): I like a lot of shows that Fox canceled - Dollhouse, Firefly (Joss NERD!), Wonderfalls. Also enjoy the big bang theory, true blood (and several more)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I listen to just about everything

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I like food too much - turned to food for comfort.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: First real time "trying". I'm making myself accountable to people so I won't give up so easily. Also, I'm getting "older", health reasons come to mind.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I joined a weight watchers group at work.

PIERCINGS: Just ears right now

TATTOOS: Saving up to get one in memory of my mama.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #118  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking ooo survey!

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged (good motivator!)

TOP WEIGHT: 198

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

EYE COLOR: green
HAIR : Currently. It's curly brown and I shave it off every 3-4 years for Locks of love. It's about half way there again!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Drawing, and other forms of 2D art and PC games.

PETS: I gained a roommate cat called Ravage (after the transformer)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ontario

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple!

FAVORITE FOODS: Everything! I miss macaroni and cheese the most though!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Treadmill currently. I'm determined to defeat that awful contraption!

FAVORITE BOOK(S):Kushel's series by Jacqueline Carey is my latest fave.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Spirited away, and all classical animations- even the bad ones.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): I only really watch true blood with the man-toy... I don't have a tv lol.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I am constantly listening to Siradio - and internet radio for gamer nerds

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Back injury turned laziness.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've taken the months of physio I should have taken before, and I'm determined to gain more Independence and take charge of my body instead of letting it boss me around!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly. Also doing my physio stretches every night!

PIERCINGS: just ears that I never wear - I'm allergic to too many metals to bother

TATTOOS: Can't make up my mind long enough to get one -and having an art background I can see all the flaws in others so If I had one and it wasn't perfect I would go insane..... (I have art ocd)
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #119  
Manifesting

S/C/G: 307/286/170

Height: 5'7"

I'm a 35-year-old single mama of three kids whom I homeschool. I'm a lesbian with piercings and tattoos and tons of bumper stickers on my car. I'm an animal lover and run a nonprofit cat rescue that I founded (with a focus on special needs cats). I have one dog and 7 cats, and a foster dog and some foster cats.

I'm in graduate school to become a counselor, during which I intend to hold fast to my metaphysical knowledge and take counseling to a new place in my work. I attend UU and identify with many new age, pagan, Taoist, and Buddhist teachings.

I've been a single mom since January of 2005 and have packed on the pounds since. Got separated, gained weight. Got divorced, gained weight. XH became an addict and stopped paying child support, I gained weight. My mom became terminally ill, I gained weight. 3 months ago I broke my ankle, and guess what? I gained weight! That's when I passed the 300-lb mark.

It's all going to change now.
Curiously Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #120  
False? Never. TROO!

S/C/G: 262/219/130

Height: 5'6"

How did I not notice this group before?

MARITAL STATUS: Single, thank goodness.

TOP WEIGHT: 262

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

EYE COLOR: dark, dark brown
HAIR : Black, but I dye. I'm really a closet ginger.

OCCUPATION: Freelance Artist, Student Assistant, Tutor, Animator

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Metal music, painting, drawing with charcoals, character design, photography, being outdoors doing outdoorsy things, nihilism, reading, learning, writing, traveling, creating.

PETS: JRT!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: upstate NY

FAVORITE COLOR: Black and red.

FAVORITE FOODS: fruit- berries, peaches, grapes, bananas, apples, mangos, everything.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I never would have said this two months ago, but I'm a total gym rat and I love the elliptical.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): anything by hunter s. thompson, david sedaris, chuck palahniuk, cormac mccarthy, burroughs, christopher moore... and anything instructional or reference, especially having to do with traditional and digital arts. I'll read anything once, whatever I can get my hands on. I have a mind like a sponge.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Big Lebowski, Wild at Heart, Henry, Super Troopers, UHF, Idiocracy, O Brother Where Art Thou, anything horror, mystery, crime, dark comedy, Donnie Darko, Clockwork Orange, pretty much any cartoon or animation I can get my hands on (however with the exception of a few amazing films, I generally dislike anime.)

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): While I have a tv, the only time I watch tv is at the gym... and it's usually sports and news related. I watch cartoons online all the time though, especially adult swim stuff and adventure time, and I watch an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia every day because it's the best show ever.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: oh, this is hard... um. Like I said, I love me some metal (specifically grind (love it), grindcore, death, doom, sludge, black, d-beat, crust). \m/ Right now, the five bands I listen to the most are Napalm Death, Fudge Tunnel, Tombs (they are wonderful, and touring right now. Buy their music!), Wolvhammer, and Skitsystem. I do listen to some other genres too, a kind of mutt mix of stuff... I love love love Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures, along with every project Josh Homme has ever done (though Eagles of Death Metal are my least favorite). Broken Bells, The Shins, Failure... I could go on and on. I love music.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Wishing it would go faster while at the same time forcing myself to slow down because I know I have to do this the healthy way. Also, being an animator is condusive to me sitting on my can a whole bunch while I work. At least with painting and drawing I'm on my feet.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Honestly, this is the first time I've really truly tried to do this for myself.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: calorie counting, eating healthy, drinking a ton of water, working out every day (or at least 6 days a week minimum.)

PIERCINGS: 12ga industrial, both tragii @ 16ga, double lobes (the tops are 8ga, the bottoms are stretched to 1 inch (24mm), 10ga snakebites, 10ga labret, 4ga septum, 10ga nipples.

TATTOOS: full chestpiece of a heart with skeleton keys and lock, spiderwebs, and two blue swallows with flames, four blue stars in between the tatas. On my left leg: a cartoon portrait of my JRT as a pup with blue swirls, a green bone, a bee below my left knee, and a chicken leg on my shin. Lotus on lower back, Winged cat with blue star on upper back (both are going to be covered up with a backpiece once they've faded enough.) An anvil and roses on my right foot. A star made of treble clefs on my left shoulder/arm. I have plans for many, many more... to start, in september, I'll be starting a full sleeve on my left arm and hand. Also, when I reach my goal weight, I'm going to go skydiving, then get a tattoo of a skeleton skydiving with long black hair flying and throwing the double goat. When I've maintained my goal for 6 months, I'm going to continue my chestpiece up on to my throat and neck. (oh hi there, above gigantic paragraph. Did I mention I love tattoos?)

Last edited by squidcandy; 09-05-2010 at 05:13 PM.
squidcandy is offline   Reply With Quote