Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 AM   #1  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1177

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:59 AM   #2  
Proud Army Mom

OK so I jumped the gun on the new thread but I have to leave for work & I just have to tell you guys my good news!!!

Last week I was sitting at 277 I weighed in after my shower (nude but with wet hair still) and weighed in at 271! But then after blow drying my hair I thought I wonder how much water was in my hair? So I jumped on again(dressed with dry hair) 265! I actually checked it 4 times and each time it said the exact same! I am thrilled!!! LOL

Go to see the doc this afternoon so I will let you all know what she says....
Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #3  
BlockHead =)

YAY Bernice! That's so great Good luck at the Dr's.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm in Calgary. Another round of things. I've been up since 4:30. My back has been waking me up every morning, and I am going on less and less sleep. At least today, I know finally what it is. It's sciatic. The shooting pain across my left thigh is unmistakable. My back was primarily damaged on the right side, and that's where it usually hurts, but every now and then it gets pinched on the other side. I'm just going to try to survive until I get home late tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to hit the pool on Wednesday. That always helps.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #5  

Hiya Peeps!

Hang in there Catherine. Knowing what is causing the pain is half the battle. I'm glad you got a Dx. Attack that pool! Meanwhile, be safe traveling home.

Sharon, my big sis has started drinking again after being sober 11 yrs. It's hard to watch. You are doing well to be OP during this time with your kiddo.

Dmpls, w00h00 on the loss!

Well, I'd best get dressed and head to work. It's hard when I have no motivation to go in because of my new boss from hades.

Hugs to all,
Rat
Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #6  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning 3FC's

Debbie - Challenge is on! Hope you did well this weekend! I still have some more peach jam to do today! Also butternut squash to roast for soup to freeze for the winter. And the apples we picked with the kids at the amish farm saturday! Looks like a kitchen day for me!

Benice - Keep up the hard work! It will pay off to struggle to find your groove! Good job on the doc appt. I did my physical in the sprring then I chickened out on getting the blood work done. I wonder if it is too late now. Do they expire? Hey just saw this mornings post that ROCKS!

GGG - I dont take hubby shopping. He likes to spend to much. Maybe after a lottery win...hmmm! LOL

GTL200 - great job on using the machine not just cleaning it!

Penny - great job as above for the nice bike ride.

Jen - Minus 5 lbs that is awesome news!

Debi - Hope you slathered on some good moisturizer on your hands after all those chemicals! Are the stains gone yet? Right now I am off until I find some more suitable families who WILL pay thier bill or at least not abuse the subsidy system! Kinda sucks not having a pay check but I am also considering maybe picking up a small pt job retail wise.

Cyn - glad you had a good time playing cards and the snacking went well too! Whoo hoo!

Annie - Sending you prayers and hugs for your 1st day of school today!

Vida - Awesome on the extra minutes!

Anne - Hope youre feeling better. I know everytime I get new kids in care and my kids go to school there are so many new germs! That is what causes the fall colds in my house.

Hugs to you Sharon!

Catherine - Do you find massage therapy or chiro helps with your back pain? Sending you hugs too!

Well off to take kids to school and of course my daily WI before getting dressed. Should probably do that first eh? lol Have a great day all!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

HI and good morning,
Julia_ no the stains are lighter but still there. They might be gone but i did more pecans yesterday.Still have a dish pan full to do.

dmpls_ way to go!! I knew you would have a good loss after getting back on track!!
carol- how are you this morning?

smom- hi and how are you doing?

rat- Hope you have a good day at work.

catherine_ hope you get feeling better fast!

sharon- hugs to you and i have missed you.

julee- i have missed you too..how are you doing??

penny come out come out wherever you are!!

annie_ hope you have a great day at school and i cant wait to hear all about it!! We are so proud of you!!

Lets start this week out right..water , proper food and exercise!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning all

SHARON: Big hugs to you girl! You are in my thoughts and prayers,

BERNICE: WTG with the loss..LOL I dont have that thick of hair...thats amazing

As for me...well TOM came with a plan to ruin my week. I have wed, thurs, fri off and it figures he would show up. He came in stong and powerful..which usually means he wont stay long..I hope!!!

Off to work in a few...going to try and be more positive.. yesterday I cried on and off all day..don't know why...I really think TOM has something to do with it..I become and emoptional wreck when he is here or about here.

Hope everyone stays on plan..atleast now that TOM has came...the chocolate cravings has calmed down.

Toodles
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

cyn_ hugs to you..TOM is EVIL!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Well, It is a Monday that means early out for the kids today. Yeah! Woohoo! Jumping up and down! . . . . O.K. seriously, older daughter wants to go homecoming dress shopping as she gets paid today and younger one has dance after school how am I supposed to be at both places. 2 different towns! Hubby has Big Test today about 11:00 Pray, Pray, Pray! He has been studying so much over the weekend that he said his eyes were hurting last night. Hopefully he got a good night sleep. I have a couple loads of laundry to do then some exercising. That is my plan anyway.

dgramie-I'm here, just not moving too quickly today yet! Do you have a busy one planned?
dmpls- great job on the loss!!!
rat-how's the knee? Better I hope.
Catherine-get in that pool if it helps you and get feeling better. I have a friend who has been having sciatic pain that sounds like yours, she is miserable. Wish there was something I could do for ya! Hugs!
Debbie-All canning done?
Carol-Have a great day! Water, water, water! I know.

I hope everyone has a great day!! Penny
Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Sharon, sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll pray that she doesn't hurt too much.

Catherine, being away from home and in pain can't be too much fun. Hope it lets up soon to where you can get some sleep.

Julia, have fun in the kitchen today. Sounds like you're going to be very busy. I'm on my way out to pick more berries.

Debi, you got it!!

Cyn, I get the same way when TOM is here. It sucks doesn't it? Just know that it will pass and things will get back to normal.

Penny, yes, the canning is done for now but looking forward to trying different jams now. We're having fun giving them goofy names to put on labels. I love doing that kind of stuff. Sounds like you're going to have a busy day too. I'l be praying hubby does well on the test. He should be home soon then too, huh?

Well, I have to do some sort of exercise today since I promised I would on the BL challenge. But for now, I gotta go get them berries!!
toodles
Debbie
Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Afternoon all,

Nueva: Sounds like you have a great plan to do all your cooking for the week. I hope it helps.

Anne: Sorry that you are sick. Feel better real soon.

Sharon: Hugs sweetie. I will be praying for your Aunt and your family.

Bernice: Woo hoo to that weight loss. You are rockin it girl.

Catherine: Hope your back gets to feeling better very soon. Hugs.

Rat: I will continue to pray that you will get a new boss soon. One that isn't so mean and nasty. Hugs.

Julia: Good luck at your wi today.

Debi: Hi girl!

Cyn: Hugs.

Penny: Praying hubby's test went well.

Debbie: I hope you exercised!

Carol: Hi sweetie

Well, I had the bod pod this morning and it was strange. I was disappointed for about a minute or two after seeing how much of my 237 pounds is fat. Then the nutritionist tole me that it is recommended for women to have 22-30% body fat. I am at 40.4%. She said if I get my body to 200 pounds I will be pretty close to the right range. She said my weight range goal should be close to 200 because of the extra skin. She said that If I want to shoot for 188 is a good weight. She was figuring all of it out on a calculator. I am supposed to be eating close to 100 grams of protein per day and I have not been doing that. I need to work on getting that up some. It was a very interesting machine and I think I will plan on doing it again in Feb. That is when I will be 18 months out from surgery.

I am doing lots of exercise today. I did well last week on exercise and took Sunday off which was nice. So, back on it today. Wanting to get to my next weight loss goal so much. lol. I am getting so close to having lost 300 pounds. I am down to 237 this morning. I only adjust my ticker on Fridays though so hopefully I will be able to adjust a bit more than 1 pound. lol.

Looking forward to school and very nervous about it. It has been so long since I have been in school. I still have a fear that I will be too fat for the desks etc. I'm sure it will be okay.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #13  
Proud Army Mom

Just got back from dr.....one I love this doctor!! she was so sweet and patient to listen to my medical history!

She is having me go get medical compression stockings....for now.....I need to make an appt with vascular surgeon tomorrow, to see what they think about my veins. She is also getting an ultrasound of my legs/feet to see what is going on with my veins. She was very pleased with my weight loss thus far and I told her how much more I am targeting to lose and she was pleased. She also said what I am doing is working and until it stops lets not change anything! LOL just my motivation needs to stay put! She also said that I was right in thinking that with my previous MRSA that I am not a good candidate for WL surgery unless I had some extreme medical condition and had to drop the weight because of it.......since I don't.....there is no need for it.
She offered me some diaretics for my swelling in my feet but I am allergic to Sulfa antibiotics and people who are allergic to them are usually allergic to the diaretics as well so that was a no go......elevate, stockings and icepacks LOL

ok I have a question for all of you......after work today I stopped at home (used the restroom) weighed myself. I wanted to see what difference my scale had from the Dr's office........this morning it was 274 nude & wet, after drying my hair & clothed it was 265(checked it 4 times), this afternoon it was 274 again clothed no shoes.......at the dr's office it was 271................I'm soooooo confused! My scale is working since I replaced the battery......would you suggest testing my weight at the same time each day before & after work so that I can see if there is a consistant increase afterwork? I know my legs swell and I have eaten food so that all accounts for some of it.......just curious.....I'm talking WI morning & afterwork for a week or so to see if this is a consistant thing? that's 9lb difference from 6am to 4pm!!! could swollen legs & eating breakfast & lunch be that much? Now don't get me wrong..........I am not stressed about a weight gain at all.........because I really don't think it was one.....and the only reason I even checked was so that I could see what I weighed at home just prior to weighing in at the dr's office..............because dr's scales are always different then our home ones. Does this happen to anyone else? Or does no one else weigh themselves twice a day LOLOL!!!!!

thanks for all the comments on my weigh in today............
Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #14  
BlockHead =)

Off to sign my son up for band, will pop in to post more later or tomorrow, but wanted to share a fun thing that just happened:

I was turning my house upside down looking for my old clarinet for my son to play. I never did find it, but I found 2 totes of old clothes. One tote is full of my old "skinny" clothes (anything from 16-20) and I have a long way to go to get there, but it was fun to look at them and reminisce and think "someday.

But the other one is full of clothes that appear to be all in a size that I can wear now or will be able to very soon! Unfortunately they are mostly tops as I really need pants, but I am so excited. I've got half of them in the wash now, trying to remove that "basement" smell. It's so much fun, it's like getting a new wardrobe!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Just a quick on for Bernice,

I do weigh daily and if I happen to jump on the scale later in the day it will show an increase of at least 5 pounds. If you know that you have swelling it doesn't sound silly to me that you are showing a big gain in the afternoons.

Hugs to ya and blessings,
Annie
Closed Thread