Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I had salmon for breakfast this morning

I'm going to have leftovers: scallops, asparagus, and brussels sprouts for dinner.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #242  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Last nights dinner, for me, lol, was lasagna with very little cheese and zucchini instead of noodles... tonight, I'm thinking I might make "mac & cheese" but use cauliflower and noodles. Hhm. I gotta look around still, lol.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #243  

I puree cauliflower and mix it half and half with cheese sauce for my daughter's mac and cheese. For myself I like to just use steamed broccoli and cauliflower:noodles probably 75:25 and cover with cheese sauce.

Last night I ended up having three leftover lemon pepper scallops and salmon with a lot of sriracha and mango salsa. I was so tired that it's all I ate. No sides

Tonight will be Thai peanut chicken pizza with broccoli slaw.

Last edited by Munchy; 04-03-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #244  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Asparagus is in, so I think I'll make some asparagus soup for dinner. I went off plan at the Brazilian steakhouse on Saturday, so I think I'll blend tofu in it for my protein. It'll be a nice light but filling dinner.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Finally got the bf to eat! We had the leftover slower cooker short ribs over rice. He ate 2 big bowlfuls, I think he almost cried tears of joy

Tonight I am going to make Chicken Teriyaki over rice with the leftover roasted chicken. I will probably need to keep the sauce on the side in case it is too much for his mouth. Found this recipe online, sounds good but I will definitely use less brown sugar-http://www.food.com/recipe/restaurant-teriyaki-sauce-133751
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
Finally got the bf to eat! We had the leftover slower cooker short ribs over rice. He ate 2 big bowlfuls, I think he almost cried tears of joy

Tonight I am going to make Chicken Teriyaki over rice with the leftover roasted chicken. I will probably need to keep the sauce on the side in case it is too much for his mouth. Found this recipe online, sounds good but I will definitely use less brown sugar-http://www.food.com/recipe/restaurant-teriyaki-sauce-133751
I make a sauce that is similar, but you hardly need all that sweetener! It's soy sauce, agave, garlic powder (or some minced cloves), and a little sriracha. When I want a peanut sauce, I just add in a little bit of natural pb, a little more agave, and some water. Mmm!

I keep looking at this sauce Asian glazed drumsticks and drooling!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

I have some asparagus to roast and I'm going to try some very well rinsed, dried and pan fried with cooking spray shirataki noodles in an asian type dish (thanks to munchy for the tips and pics lol).......and maybe some chicken thrown in.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #248  

Quote:
I also made this
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/old-fas...e7=Home%20Page
I blended it with my immersion blender and, though not too pretty because of the carrots, it has a nice flavor. Used regular broth instead of the bouillon.
This baked potato soup is AWESOME. It's a huge hit in my house.

I've never used velveeta before, but I do love soup and eat it every single day. The ones I make the most are spicy blue cheese tomato soup, carrot peanut soup, split pea soup, roasted garlic broccoli soup, and curry lentil soup.

I have recipes for all of them if you're interested.

Last edited by Munchy; 04-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #249  
is super awesome.

I'm gonna make this: http://www.eatliverun.com/stacked-ro...le-enchiladas/

I love that recipe. Although, I don't use a sweet potato.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I make a sauce that is similar, but you hardly need all that sweetener! It's soy sauce, agave, garlic powder (or some minced cloves), and a little sriracha. When I want a peanut sauce, I just add in a little bit of natural pb, a little more agave, and some water. Mmm!

I keep looking at this sauce Asian glazed drumsticks and drooling!
Yeah, it does seem like alot and I do not have a sweet tooth. I do have agave that I need to use up. How much do you use? And, oh how I love sriracha! I bought some of their chili sauce too, it is amazing! Sriracha never gives me any unpleasant side effects though the chili sauce does. That is probably because I use so much of it!

I would love the soup recipes, particularly the blue tomato and the roasted garlic. They sound amazing. My grandparents are not in the best of health and my mom wants me to start cooking for them. I think soups would be good since they can easily be frozen. Well, I don't know about the milk based ones - do you freeze yours?
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #251  

Quote:
Yeah, it does seem like alot and I do not have a sweet tooth. I do have agave that I need to use up. How much do you use? And, oh how I love sriracha! I bought some of their chili sauce too, it is amazing! Sriracha never gives me any unpleasant side effects though the chili sauce does. That is probably because I use so much of it!

I would love the soup recipes, particularly the blue tomato and the roasted garlic. They sound amazing. My grandparents are not in the best of health and my mom wants me to start cooking for them. I think soups would be good since they can easily be frozen. Well, I don't know about the milk based ones - do you freeze yours?
I use sriracha on everything and have for probably 15 years. It's sad, lol!
The chili sauce you're talking about - is it paste like sambal oelek?

I freeze almost everything I probably wouldn't freeze milk based soups, but I don't really make many soups that so much milk that you'd notice. That potato soup, for example, I don't think I would freeze.

The broccoli soup I make is this one but I make it with whatever stock I have on hand and I mix in 1T of romano cheese into each 1 cup serving (I figured it to be 79 calories w/cheese) before freezing.

The spicy tomato blue cheese soup recipe is Michael Symon's but I use dried oregano, swap evaporated skim milk for the cream, and I don't use Roth Kase, but just any STRONG blue cheese - I like Trader Joe's blue cheese crumbles. It comes out to 118 calories per cup.

I recommend making chili and stews for the older ones - I do that for my grandmother - and I freeze the chili or stew in 1.5 cup portions. I also make a lot of one pot meals with rice or pasta and freeze those into portions. My rule always stays the same - I just make sure that every recipe I make has half vegetables in it, especially if I'm not eating any sides with it. I do it for myself, my child, and any family or friend I'm cooking for.

The weight watchers one point chili is my absolute favorite, but I add in one more can of rinsed beans.

Last edited by Munchy; 04-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
I'm gonna make this: http://www.eatliverun.com/stacked-ro...le-enchiladas/

I love that recipe. Although, I don't use a sweet potato.
I just sent that to my mom. One of is making it soon, and the other will just sit back and enjoy

And - THANKS for the website. I'm checking out Perry's Plate now!

Last edited by Munchy; 04-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #253  
is super awesome.

I've made several things from both sites and I've never been disappointed.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #254  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Slight change of plans - shrimp was on sale, and I found a new ginger Thai sauce/marinade from The Ginger People, so I'm having ginger Thai shrimps with my roasted asparagus soup! Is it dinner time yet?
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #255  

Default Tacos!!! 200 calories/10 carbs

Bake 6-7 ounces of chicken breast with garlic salt for 35 minutes.
Take out. Let rest.
Heat up skillet with either a tablespoon of olive oil or Pam cooking spray.
Slice up your chicken, shread it with a fork and nice.
Place in pan and let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes to get a little brown/crispy.
Add in 2 tablespoons of Taco Seasoning
Add in 1 cup of water.
let simmer for 7-10 minutes or until water is depleted.

On the side use head of cabbage or head of lettuce - remove a couple of bibs.
Place chicken in side of each.
Then add Salsa
Then add Fat free sour cream

Total Calories - 200
Carbs - less than 10

Enjoy (YUMMY).
ubskinnyagain75 is offline   Reply With Quote