Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi there,

I ate WAY too much last night at our superbowl party. I swore I wouldn't do it and then found myself just doing it. I'm just planning to put it behind me and get right back on track today. I still weighed in today since it's my weigh in day. It wasn't pretty. I was up .5/lb, which isn't too surprising given what I ate last night (chips, dip, pizza, brownies, etc). So, back to the plan today and no excuses. It's ok to get off once in a while as long I as get right back on. In the past, I would let a slip up like that get me off plan for an entire day/week/ or forever. Not anymore!!!! Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the game last night.

Jacki--You are doing awesome!!!!! Keep it up, girl. I bet it makes it so much easier when DH is on board with you, right? Mine wants nothing to do with my plan, although I keep hoping he'll join me as he could use to drop some weight as well.

suenos--Welcome! I hope you come join us here regularly. Congrats on your weight loss!!!

How's everyone else doing?
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I guess I will start the weigh in.

178.0/-2.4/175.6 Yay me! Even after cheating a little with superbowl food!

Welcome suenos096.

Jacki I have P90x. It is a little crazy and some of the moves hurt my knees. Just a heads up each video is about 1 hour long.

I have a problem with working out at home. I am always getting interrupted by the kids or the dogs (if I lay on the floor I usually get a lick to the face). If I wait till everyone is in bed then I am too tired. I know, excuses, excuses. But I am impressed that you have the discipline to do it at home.

Not much going on here today. TTYL.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #108  

Okay when I started the last post, I was the first one this morning. Then the phone rang, my daughter wanted a bath, and life happened...lol.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #109  

I need to tell someone so here is a warning: RANT ahead

You all know that I joined a fitness challenge with my workout partner. She has been bragging about how she is running 4.79mi in an hour on her treadmill at home and losing weight. Well we got an email 2 days ago with an update on the teams/individual progress. I am leading the females with a 2.82% bodyfat loss. So I called my friend and told her about it . (I wasn't trying to be snotty. I was excited our team was on the list) She came over to watch the superbowl yesterday and said she had called the gym. She asked about her weigh ins. Apparently only one of her weights were put in. She continued to inform me that she added up her weightloss and she is at 5% bodyfat loss. She told the lady at the gym not to worry about it and she would let me have the glory.....for now.

So she is making this into a competition between us. I didn't join to beat her. I joined to give myself motivation. Grrrrrrr.

My DH says she is jealous and to keep doing what I am doing, because I am obviously losing weight. The problem is now I WANT to beat her. I don't just want to beat her, I want to crush her. I don't want to sabotage her weight loss or anything like that. I just want to beat her.....I'm just not sure that I can. She is always talking about how much she works out. Maybe it is time I step up my game. Use this as motivation? Am I crazy? What do you all think?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #110  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Ann, Yes put it behind you, and move forward! In the past I was the same way, let a slip dictate my day/week/months. It happens, can't beat yourself up over it! Yes, it is nice having my husband on board. I still have things in the house that I don't eat, and make seperate meals for my kids (17 and 18). My daughter usually eats what we have, but sometimes prefers something else. My son, is 6'4" 180 lbs, and has no interested in our meals. LOL We go to the gym at night, after dh gets off work. I would prefer to work out during the day (home and gym), but I know he will not go to the gym by himself. I get up at 5am, when 7:30pm rolls around I am too tired to think about the gym, but find the energy! LOL I hope your husband gets on track!

LTs girl, I know what you mean, I have a 90 lb golden retriever and 3 cats. I have to keep my dog in the kitchen during my workouts. The cats are better but still a pain in the butt! haha Thanks for the heads up, I have a bad knee too!
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #111  
A new beginning

LTs girl, I know what you mean. I agree with your husband, she is jealous! I have 2 sisters like that. I think you should up your game and not say anything to her! Just storm past her butt! Let her say whoa!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann72 View Post
Hi there,

I ate WAY too much last night at our superbowl party. I swore I wouldn't do it and then found myself just doing it. I'm just planning to put it behind me and get right back on track today. I still weighed in today since it's my weigh in day. It wasn't pretty. I was up .5/lb, which isn't too surprising given what I ate last night (chips, dip, pizza, brownies, etc). So, back to the plan today and no excuses. It's ok to get off once in a while as long I as get right back on. In the past, I would let a slip up like that get me off plan for an entire day/week/ or forever. Not anymore!!!! Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the game last night.
I did the same thing!! Also 100% back on track today!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Good morning,

Hope everyone is well today. Well, I struggled with getting back on track yesterday. I made chocolate chip mini muffins for my daughter (a healthier version with whole wheat flour and butternut squash thrown in). In the late afternoon I found myself popping them one after the other. Ugh. I hate these slip ups, but I'm still just going to stay on course. Still continuing my workouts and my healthy eating. Planning on not adding in any extra treats today!!!

whisperingshouts--hope you got back on track yesterday!!!!

LTsgirl--You are doing awesome! Sounds like quite a competitive woman you're dealing with here. That would totally turn me off, but you can use it as a good motivator to keep yourself on track and put in 105% so that you can beat her. It just sucks that you have to get that level of competition from a teammate!!!

Jacki--Hope you're doing well. I'm so motivated by your motivation! Keep it up.

Where's everyone else hiding out? Come on and check in!!!
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #114  
A new beginning

Good morning!

Omg am I sore today! LOL Day 2 of Shred and Six-Pack. My body wanted to give up, but I pushed through it! Hopefully I am not any worse tomorrow! How is everyone doing?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #115  

Snow, snow, and more snow. I already shoveled once today and it doesn't even look like I touched it. So I am going to shovel it again. At least it is a good workout! Maybe this will be the last snow of the season. Next week is supposed to be in the high 40's. wishful thinking on my part. lol

I am eating okay, but I have not been hitting the gym in the morning. I didn't go again this morning. My gym partner's husband is back so maybe we can get back to our schedule. I do better when I know someone is waiting for me. (Even if she is being competitive) Maybe she is just using it to push me harder. Who knows. I will just ignore the negative and focus on the working out.

My hubby comes home for a visit in 1 week and 3 days. I am so excited. Then 2 weeks after that I go and see him. Then 2 weeks after that he comes home to stay. This has been a long nine months. So glad it is almost over.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #116  
A new beginning

Ann, how did I miss your post? LOL I started my post then got busy with something, and came back, never refreshed! I know it isn't easy getting back on track, try your best and take one day at a time! Thanks, I am doing great! That's nice to hear, I hope to help lots of people!

LTs girl, I hope you have a great time with your husband. I couldn't imagine going through that. It is great he will be home for good soon! I know you love that! Hopefully, you get to the gym soon!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Family gone - woohoo!

Hi all

Sorry for the delay, all the family finally left at 06:00 Monday morning to catch their plane. I forgot how much sleep you lose with a 3 month old in your house. I think I was delirious on Monday, forgot to weigh myself.

So after the Superbowl feast - I Remain the same 183 - thank goodness. I guess the little bit of muscle that is growing is helping.

I would be ticked if my workout partner did that too. But the others are right you can use that to fuel yourself farther ahead. Karma will catch her if her intentions are evil

I feel like the portion control problem I was having is much better now. I look at my plate before I start eating, and say to my self...self, is that the right amount of food? Usually the answer is yes, sometimes the answer is to put some back. I really need to drink more water in the day, I find winter hard to do that, its so stinkin cold!

I think yoga will be the workout for tonight, I sweat like crazy, but always feel calmer after.

catch you later!
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #118  

Daisy - welcome back! I love it when family come to visit, but I am always a little happy when they leave to get my house back and my routine back. Sounds like you should also enjoy a couple of good nights sleeping. I am so glad those days are over. Thankfully all of my kids are good sleepers.

The same is great, considering family visiting and superbowl weekend. As far as drinking water, I bought myself a fancy bottle (from Wal-mart) to drink only water from. I hate drinking from a regular glass. I don't know why, but when I drink it out of there it is so much easier to drink more. Not sure if it is a mental thing or not.

Biggest Loser is tonight. Already warned the kids.....my show is on tonight, let me know if you need anything now because I will be busy during this time.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #119  

Hi Everyone Can I join your group? I'm Looking for some more weight loss buddies.
I"m doing Jackie warner's plan and I Loving it!!!!

Hi Ann, your doing a great Job keeping a positive attitude, we all have our slip ups, just get right back on track Like you've been doing!!!!!
red74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #120  
A new beginning

Hello and welcome Red74!

I wasn't able to do Shred today, didn't get up early enough before work. I work 3 days a week as a nanny. I was off the past 2 weeks. It was nice! Wish I started Shred sooner! LOL Going to the gym tonight, 1 hour of cardio (30 mins treadmill, 30 mins elliptical). I started my journey 1 month and 1 week ago. Added exercise 3 weeks ago, my body feels great! I am a little sore today, but I love that feeling!

How is everyone doing today? What is your exercise routine for today? What are you having breakfast, lunch and dinner? I love seeing what other people are eating. It gives me ideas!

For breakfast I had a protein shake (soy milk, apple juice, kale, scoop of Muscle protein, walnuts, flaxseed, psyllum husk, and frozen blueberries). Lunch I am having turkey chili w/ butternut squash. Dinner will be breaded chicken with broccoli and alfredo sauce (chicken tenderloins dipped in egg, whole wheat bread crumbs and seasoned mixture, fried (pan with Pam), then finished off in the oven). They are awesome!

Hope everyone has a great day!