Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Default yup its cold here and the snow is hip deep!

Hi All (welcome too.)

My plan is starting slow, in the past when I try to make lots of big changes I fail, and gain a few. This time, I have started slower, cut out pop, once that was normal, I started on portion size. now that's normal, so now I am adding 30 minutes perday of something. It took a few years for this weight to creep on, so I have to be a little patient. Right?

I had done nothing for exercise today, and then took a quick peek at this forum, before I felt I could post anything, I walked away from the computer and got on the bike for 30 min. So today was not about building a better body for me, I did the 30 min out of guilt and I'm ok with that. It got my butt on the bike.

Family visit blew up a couple of days ago, short story manipulative mother in law burned herself bad, and her son's called her on it. The best part - no one seems mad. They called her out, she went home (was staying with us) and the rest of the visiting is goin on. I get to meet my new nephew tomorrow for the first time! I am so excited. The hard part will be the food for the weekend, superbowl party on Sunday - that's Hockey right? (kidding)

Keep sweating! It's worth it!

D
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #92  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

LTs girl, I hear ya! We plan on moving some place warm, in the near future (born and raised in Chicago). I am not sure if they can get frostbite, but with the weather that cold, they do not need to be out there any longer than needed (to go potty). I have a 90 lb golden retriever, he only goes out to go potty when it gets really cold. You are doing GREAT! I know how frustrating it can be, when the scale doesn't move, but you are doing everything right, it only has one direction to go (down). OMG, the Warrior Dash looks wicked! I couldn't do it, but would LOVE to watch! LOL Please keep us updated how that event goes! Would love to hear all about it!

Hello and welcome Jenn and Whisperingshouts!

Jenn, Take one day at a time! Changing an unhealthy lifestyle is not easy. You can do it!

Ann, Thank you! Yes, I never experienced anything like that. It was CRAZY! The lightning lit up my bedroom, I was shocked! Everything is better today, all of the roads are cleaned up. Don't plan on going out unless I have to.

Daisy, that is a great approach! You know what has worked and hasn't worked in the past. Sorry to hear about the family drama. That is awesome you get to meet your nephew! Superbowl is a big day for a lot of people, like Christmas and Thanksgiving! I hope you can fight off the temptations!

Today I am doing great! I changed my lifestyle 1 month and 1 day ago. I feel awesome! I can't believe how much energy I have. Truly a great feeling!

Does anyone drink protein shakes in the morning? Every morning, I make a shake, it consists of: Silk milk (4 oz), apple juice (4 oz), 1 scoop of Muscle vanilla protein, baby spinach (huge handful), ground flaxseed (1 tablespoon), psyllium husk powder (1 tablespoon), walnuts halves (1/8 cup), and frozen fruit (8 oz).

I hope everyone has a great day!
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

My alarm went off this morning and my body said no way. So some time today I need to hit the treadmill. I hate it when I don't get my workout done in the morning. I have a hard time finding time at other times in the day. Or I am just too tired at the end of the day. Maybe after the smaller ones go to bed tonight. *Fingers crossed*

Daisy- I had to laugh at your motivation (guilt) to get on the bike. To be honest, building a better body is almost never my motivation. It is feeling guilty because I am not helping my team for the weight loss challenge, wanting to be "skinny" again, and to look good before my husband comes back. Being healthy and having a stronger body is just an afterthought. lol.

Glad to hear that no one is mad after a blow up. Enjoy the rest of your visit. I have been hearing all of the shows talking about healthy recipes for the party. It might be worth looking into.

Jacki - I have a protein shake every once in a while. It has ice, 8oz water, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, Psyllium husk, 1 scoop of whey protein, 1/4 of banana, 1 tsp of flaxseed oil, and some honey.

It does look wicked. I just hope I can keep up with the hubby. It isn't until March 5th so I am going to work out with the challenge in mind.

have a great day ladies. will check in later.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 238/227/160

Height: 5' 10"

I was completely in that rut of if I didn't get my workout done before work, I wasn't doing it. I got so disgusted with myself that I finally grabbed my gym shoes and decided that if I couldn't get my butt out of bed, then I would suffer through the gym after work.

Turns out, I actually like the time frame...can't say as I enjoy the extra people at the gym at that time of the day, but it's working for me! Good luck!
DigitalSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi everyone- I have a busy day today, but wanted to check in quickly. Hope everyone's having a great day. I've been eating well and got in a quick 30 minute walk today.

Digital- I finally gave up setting the alarm for 5. I just can't get my lazy butt up early like that. I value my sleep too much, so I just get the exercise in when I can.

LT-- I'm so impressed by your workouts. That race looks crazy. I hope to build up my level of fitness so I can keep up with you one day.

Jacki- wow, what a shake! Sounds like a lot of goodness in one cup! I do a whey protein shake everyday with berries. I want to add some spinach to get that in, but no courage yet. I'm scared it'll taste funny.

Daisy-- I totally agree on taking babysteps. I've lost weight quickly on countless strict diets and it hasn't served me well. This time I'm making it a lifestyle. Glad we're here to help guilt you into exercise. Whatever it takes.

Jen- those office treats are the worst!!

Welcome whispering shouts!

Until tomorrow...
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #96  

Height: 5' 8"

Hey everyone! Yesterday I was able to attend a conference all day, which was great from a career standpoint but not from a weightloss one. We sat all day long, and it was a working lunch so you ate what was provided.

After the conference, I read an email that had me extremely stressed...it has all been resolved, but it definately created some stress eating. The good thing was that while I ate more than I should have. I was able to keep it from getting way out of control by reminding myself that I just made it out of the 190s and that I did not want to let my stress eating taking me back.

LTs Girl - I really like the data from my bodymedia, but I am slightly fustrated that I can not get it to "pair" with my droid. I would love to beable to see through out the day the amount of steps, cal.s burned etc. Right now I have to wait until I can plug it in at home.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #97  
A new beginning

LTs girl, I know how you feel. Mornings are the best for me. I go to the gym at least 5 nights a week with my husband. Since I get up at 5am, I am tired come 7pm. LOL

Good for you, digitalsinner!

Ann, I honestly don't think the spinach alters the taste one bit. I use to put the baby spinach on top of everything, but noticed it didn't get blended well enough, so now put it in the blender after the liquid, under the dry ingredients and frozen fruit. When done my shake fills a 16 oz cup.

Tomorrow is my weigh in. I try not to get on the scale before then, but it is hard! LOL Weighed in yesterday and I lost 2 lbs. I think I will have a good one, but aunt flo is here, so I am feeling a little bloated. Just makes for a better weigh in next week. Hope everyone is doing good!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default It's Friday!!

So glad it is Friday! The weather is warming back up ....it is supposed to hit 38F today. I can't believe how warm 38 feels. lol.

No big plans for the weekend. I was disappointed b/c I thought gnomeo and juliet came out this weekend, and I was going to take the kids. Oh well. I know what I am doing next weekend. Maybe I can have a girls movie night and go see the mechanic.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

Don't forget....weigh in on Monday. Here is some to make it through superbowl weekend. ttyl.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #99  
A new beginning

38 degrees sound great! Not sure what the temp is here, but the sun is shining and feels a little warmer. I love that! Girls movie night sounds great! No big plans for the weekend, child birthday party tomorrow, the rest of the weekend will be spent at the gym and staying on track. My sister messaged me the food list and nothing is healthy (pizza, spaghetti, garlic bread, taco dip, spinach dip, chips, and soda). Definitely not worth it to me. I will be eating before I get there, and bringing some snacks for while I am there (pretzels, carrots, celery and cucumbers). Hopefully it is as easy as I think it will be in my head! Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well. Any exciting weekend plans? Superbowl parties? I have a quiet day planned for today. May take DD to the park and get a walk in, cook dinner, that's about it. Tomorrow we are having neighbors over for superbowl. It'll be hard to stay on plan tomorrow. I just plan to enjoy a little bit of the junky food and try to practice moderation. That is a new world to me.

I've managed to eat on plan pretty much all week and I exercised monday through friday (just my half hour). Overall, a good week. Not sure what the scale will say on Monday (especially after superbowl eating), but we'll see. I'm feeling well overall and I hope you are too. Doesn't it feel good to be taking better care of our bodies? It does for me.

Jacki--Oh my, sounds like yummy foods but not so healthy. Maybe you can offer to bring a dish and bring something a little healthier? How did weigh in go?

LTs girl--I'm so glad to have you here. I'm so inspired by what you're doing with yourself with regards to fitness. Hope you're enjoying the "warmer" weather. It's been feeling a bit like summer around here...in the 80's and a bit humid.

envelope--I hear ya on the stress eating. So great that you're so much more aware of it and able to stop yourself before you do it. Keep it up, you're doing so great with your weight loss.

Hope everyone else is well. Enjoy your weekend!
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Hi! I would love to join here. I was part of another group our thread was closed and moved and I have no idea how to get back there. But that's OK! There's tons of places to join here. I love it.

I'm 32 and have 3 boys (12, 8, 7). I workout 6 days a week but for only 4 hours total! I love it. I eat 6 times a day and I love that too. The last things I love are 3 fats chicks and American Idol. And I guess my husband and kids go on that list. And my job. Well, I love a lot of stuff! LOL
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

I started my week out at 201 and today and in at 193. There's a whole story there involves TOM so I'm not promoting a crazy radical normal week of weightloss for me. I'm glad that I blog because I love to re read what I wrote and see what's been effecting me and my weight loss efforts. It's been a stready trend down and that's always reassuring!

Digital Sinner- That's exactly how I feel about the gym! I just started feeling that way since I started again in June (stalled out in Oct, Nov, Dec) This is the first time that if I missed the gym I went after work no matter what. Once allowed myself to drink an energy drink right before. I miss my friends in the morning time if I go in the afternoon. I don't know those people! lol

Evelope- That's such an awesome mindset to have. That's what got me where I am so far! It's so empowering to find that sort of inner strength.

Jacki- I've found that when I bring my snacks with me, visualize that me at that party in control and making sure that what I bring will be more appealing to me than what's there. It's worked! I feel the same way I did when I visualized it. Have you ever had cottage cheese and black bean and corn salsa? 1 c cottage cheese and .5 cup or so of the salsa. Put that in a microwave and you can even eat some blue chips or whole wheat chips with it if you make sure that you limit yourself to a serving. You can eat the cheese and salsa by itself and it's just as wonderful. That's awesome that you're planning! Good luck

Ann-Fortunately I'm not any kind of fan of football and will just be relaxing at home folding clothes or something And you're right it does feel awesome to be doing that!

Last edited by suenos096; 02-05-2011 at 05:17 PM.
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #103  
A new beginning

Good morning everyone! I had an awesome weigh in, down 5.8 lbs! I am 233.2! It would be awesome to see the 220's next week. Dh (he lost 4.6 lbs) and I went to the gym for 1 hour of cardio (30 min treadmill, 30 min elliptical) in the am, and did our food shopping for the week. We had an early dinner (turkey meatballs, whole wheat pasta, sauce and a salad), party was at 5:30 pm. I brought an apple, and a veggie bag (cucumber slices, celery/carrot sticks). Didn't steer off plan! They added more to the menu (fried chicken, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy). My sister and her husband (we are married to brothers), kept asking us to eat. LOL It was SUPER easy saying no and meaning it! I am so proud of myself! In the past, I would have made excuses, so this is a huge accomplishment!

Hello and welcome suenos096! Thanks for the recipe, I will definitely try it! The plan in my mind sounded great, but knowing my 3 sisters and brother in law, they like to sabotage us. I know in the end it is our decision, and we make the choices, but when you are first on plan, it is harder than when you have been living this lifestyle a bit longer.

I have one more obstacle to get through this Friday. It is my daughters 19th birthday. Like i said before, in the past I would come up with ANY excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I planned her dinner 2 weeks ago. We are cooking: ribeye steaks (we do not eat red meat often, maybe once every 2 weeks), garlic mashed cauliflower (anyone try this? I LOVE it!), and roasted brussel sprouts. As for the cake, we are buying one from the Cheesecake Factory. She loves cheesecake! So do I, but once again, not worth it to me. I feel confident that I will stay on plan!

Ann, hope you have a great time! Who are you rooting for? I am not huge into sports, but love going to the games! I am rooting for Green Bay! The last game, Green Bay against the Bears, I was rooting for Green Bay, and I live in IL. haha My mom was born and raised in WI so maybe that has something to do with it! She loved them!

Here's to a great week to all of us!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #104  
A new beginning

Forgot to add, I have Jillians 30 Day Shred, and 6 week Six Pack. I am starting both tomorrow! I will let you know how all of that goes! LOL I told dh I was interested in P90x, so he is buying it for me for Valentines Day! Did anyone see a sample video on it? Killer! haha I feel great, and can't wait to get it! Once again, my mind can see me being able to do it, we shall see the reality aspect when I do day 1! haha

Dh asked me if I was just looking to do P90x. Long story short, I am our trainer. I plan/schedule our workout routines. I told him no, we are still going to the gym 5 days a week! haha I think he was looking to relax! He is the chef, cooks dinner. Both of us plan our menu, I take care of breakfast (shake that I posted before), and I prep the kitchen (clean/chop veggies/make salads), and he cooks! I think we make a GREAT team!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #105  
A new beginning

Just finished my workout! I did Jillians 30 Day Shred and 6 week Six-Pack, back to back. I am wiped out! LOL Shred was great! Six-Pack, there were a couple I couldn't do, walk out plank and a side plank, working your inner thigh. So I did another exercise instead of those 2. LOL

Ann, how was your party?

Hope everyone is having a good day!