Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #1  
recovering chocoholic

S/C/G: 209/209/152

Height: 5'9

Default Weight loss buddies needed!

Hey! My name is Kati, I'm 34 and from Germany, 5'9" and I weigh 209 (94.6 kilograms). I want to go back down to 152 (69 kilograms) within this next year, and I really need motivation. It helps me to help and be helped at the same time - so anybody who's willing to become my weight loss buddy, call my name! I don't have any specifics concerning weight, age, sex or anything - just somebody who'll keep in touch on here and through email reliably. I wouldn't mind making new friends in the process, either.

A couple of random facts about myself, I was never overweight until about 10 years ago - which is when I started gaining weight. I went from less than 150 to 209, which is my current weight and my highest weight ever. I'm not happy! Not just because of the way I look but also because I'm concerned about my health. My biggest problem is candy, especially chocolate. I'm an emotional eater... I tend to eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, excited, nervous... You name it.
I love books, dogs, nature and music... Stories and interesting and "different" people.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you - have a great day, everyone.

Love, Kati

Last edited by SongOfSunlight; 02-16-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: kill typos
SongOfSunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #2  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Hi Kati!

I'll be your buddy!!! I like staying accountable to others - it keeps me honest. You can email me at rachel.meyer9 at gmail dot com.

I am on a computer all day long at work, and then my phone is practically an appendage when I leave, so I'm usually available. We can do this together! We're at about the same starting weight too!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #3  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

Hi Kati,

Ill be your buddy as well. I would love to have someone who motivates me, and it would be nice to support someone else as wel..

and my enemy is sweets and chocolate to.

Brittany

Last edited by shatteredfallendove; 12-28-2010 at 02:19 AM.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #4  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Hey Brittany,

Want to do this with me too along with Kati? I say the more the merrier!! Email me if you're interested - like I said, I like staying accountable; keeps me honest.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #5  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

hey kati & brittany!!!
me and rachel (pokeycactus) email EVERYDAY!!!!! we should def all do this together and we could include everyone in our emails!!! Im nikki btw! my email is [email protected].
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #6  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Yes we do!!!! Nikki is my 3FC bestie!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #7  
ready to be healthy!

yep yep! lol no but really you guys we would b happy to have you guys help us and we help you through this journey!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #8  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

I am happy to say that I emailed both you nikkic718 and pokeycactus :-)

however, SongOfSunlight, if you want to email me my email
We can all do this ;-)

Last edited by shatteredfallendove; 12-28-2010 at 02:20 AM.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #9  
recovering chocoholic

Yay! That sounds so great! I'm sending an email your way!!! I have so many ideas... Can't wait to share them. Unfortunately, it's 7.30 am over here, so it's going to have to wait until lunch time. But I guess you girls are fast asleep, anyway. LOL!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

I was so about to post a topic looking for buddies...and lookie...Sunlight already did!

message me here...i'm not allowed to post my email...or you can FB me..my username is the same here and on FB

A couple of random facts about myself, I was overweight basically all my life and I want to change that. I'm gonna be honest...the weight loss is equally about looks and health. My biggest problem is fast food...I live with my parents..my mom is very sick right now..so trips to the hospital are about 2 or 3 a week and they are all day long....nothing serious..just most primary doctors aren't the best equipped for her conditions and those trips are exhausting and I need to get better at cooking dinner..usually want to be lazy after those all day appts. I'm an emotional eater too!
I love hanging out with friends...and going to the club..mostly for the dancing and music...I'm not sipping my calories away anymore! I'm a night owl...so most of the times...I'll be up late.
I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all!! (I love my TX lingo)

<3 Carlee

Last edited by carlee86; 02-17-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: typos gah! I hate typos!
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #11  
recovering chocoholic

Hi Carlee, it's so nice to meet you! I haven't figured out how to write pms on here yet - maybe you need a certain amount of posts or something? But yes, of course we can chat on here! I'll write more later... I'm having one heck of a busy day. I'm sending lots of good vibes to your mother!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #12  
ready to be healthy!

Hey Carlee!!!
Nice to meet you!!!!!! Glad you could join us! We r def all in the same boat! I def think it will be waayyyyy easier to go through this together!!!! We can be each others motivaters!!!!! We can even do weekly weigh ins if you guys want...............Cant wait!!!
~nikki
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #13  
recovering chocoholic

Weekly weigh-ins sond great! We could also swap inspirational pix and videos and other finds like that! I have a whole collection already! We could make a list stating all of the things we are loking forward to... Things that we are going to love about being skinny! We could also make a list of things that suck about being overweight. I think I am going to make a list like that and stick it on my fridge. LOL!

Carlee, I just read somewhere that you need to be a member on here for 20 days until you can receive and send pms... Apparently they had a problem with spammers setting up accounts and bombarding members with pms. Thanks, spammers, you spoiled it for everyone else...
So, are you just not allowed to post your email where the general public gets to see it or are you not supposed to share it with online friends at all? If you are allowed to share it, I could set up a disposable mailinator email address (you know, one of those that you can only use once) and give it to you... Then you could send me an email to that address and I'll reply from my regular email.

I think my English grammar is pretty terrible today... Sorry!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #14  
ready to be healthy!

no you can post your email....i did....its nikkic718 at yahoo dot com, i just spell it out just in case it wont post it on here!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

well..poop all kinds of rules! I can't post links..or figure out how to send pm(s)..which is silly since I'm a member of quite a few forums..and figured those out pretty quickly!

mine is xcarlee_86x at yahoo . com (remove the x's)...i don't like searcher bots stealing internet info!

I do have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) I actually got a good snack for mom's doctors appointment today! It's a Special K, 90 cereal bar chocolate raspberry. I hope it's yummy! (will report back on the yummy-ness factor)

Sounds small..but baby steps..our family never plans ahead...you know..these things called "grocery lists" we've never had one...but darn it..I made one 2 weeks ago and a dinner menu...last week and I liked it. I'm trying to keep the habit.

weekly weigh ins...I'm in...this week will be horrid..(you know the week where you'd rather be a boy for a few days).

I'm trying to remember this...I seen it on the forums when I was first looking around and joined. "Nothing taste as good as being thin feels"
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote