Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post
Do any of you NOT have kids? No offense to the mothers, of course, but I'm also looking for a weight loss buddy, and since I haven't had children, I guess I want someone I can relate to more precisely. I don't have baby weight to lose...just weight in general.
I'm in the 170's and would like to get into the higher 130's...does anyone have similar goals? I'm 28 years old.
You know that might be a good idea. I have a few friends that are "childfree" I am not as I have two cute sons. But maybe a thread or a forum for the "Childfree" would be good. not saying not to post here, but it would give people a place to go sometimes where they dont' have to hear about "baby weight."
CosmicGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

I think most of us have kids, but maybe not all of us (I honestly can't remember). Our kids are certainly not the main focus of this thread and we welcome all men and women in their 30's regardless of their status with regards to marriage or children. If you are specifically looking for a thread for women in their 30's without children, it may be a good idea to start a new one.

Last edited by Ann72; 01-31-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Monday weigh in

It's Monday! Are we weighing in today? Just checking.

180.4/-2.4/178.0

So this is what I weighed last Monday/what I lost this week/and what my weight was this morning.

Sorry fresno, I have 4 kids. But believe me, it is not "baby fat" I have to lose. My youngest is 4yrs old. lol.

Not very talkative today. Talk more tomorrow.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Thanks ladies!
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Sorry I'm late

Mornings are not my thing, but I am trying. so weigh in 183! 2 pounds - set off the fire works, that is the first time that number has gotten smaller in a very long time.

Cosmic gal - to be honest I dont have any baby weight to loose either, after each pregnancy I got very close to my starting weight. When your baby is 6 years old, I dont think it counts as baby fat, its just fat. But I am sure there are Threads for those with out kids, or you could start one.

Congrats to all of us for our first Offical weigh in. I am actually looking forward to next week.

Gotta go for now
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #81  

Holy cow! So how is the weather where you are? It is -18F here. With the windchill it is -45F! That's right negative 45. They say that if you are outside longer than 5 min without proper clothing you can get frostbite. So I am staying inside as much as possible. My poor puppies. I put them outside and watched them and as soon as they went potty I called them back inside and they were limping.

Ann72- glad to hear you are over your cold and down 4 lbs woo-hoo! Nothing worse then feeling sick though. blah.

Coffee luver- keep up the good work.

Daisy - how is the family visit going? Try not to stress out too much.

Envelope - how is the bodymedia FIT working out for you?

Have a great day ladies.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #82  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

Congrats Ann, Ltsgirl and Daisy! GREAT job!

My kids are 17 (18 in May) and 18 (19 next month). I have always been thin, during my pregnancy, and after my children were born (size 5 after my first pregnancy, size 7 after my second). I didn't start gaining weight until they were 9 and 10 years old (maintained a size 7/8 the whole time). Everyones body is different, mine obviously wasn't baby fat, but I would love to blame it on that! haha

Fresno, I hope you find the support group you are looking for.
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #83  

Hello. Hope you all had a good day today. I think I did OK with my eating, maybe I had too much rice at dinner, but nothing too bad. I also got in another 30 mins on the elliptical machine.

LTs girl--Where are you? That's crazy cold! I don't mean to rub it in, but we were in the mid 70's today (I live in FL). LOL, sorry. You can rub it in to me over the summer when it's 95 with 100% humidity! Congrats on your loss!

Jacki--yup, wish I could blame mine on the babe. I am heavier now than before I had her, but I've been heavy for most of my adult life.

Daisy--Yippee! Congrats on the loss. How you holding up with the visitors? I hope it's going well.

Bye for now.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #84  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Ann you are so lucky! I live in IL, about 40 mins from Chicago. We were hit with a blizzard last night, talk about FREEZING! Last night was horrible, it is not over yet, have more of the storm coming today. I heard thunder and saw lightning last night, it was crazy! I can't let the dog out our back door, it is literally packed with snow. LOL
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #85  

I am in Cheyenne, WY. It is still crazy cold here but it is supposed to get up to 43F by Friday. Someone please explain to me how there can be a 60 degree change in just 3 days? Don't get me wrong, I'll take it, but this weather is driving me crazy. I can't wait to move this fall. Hopefully before the cold weather again and someplace WARM all year round. lol.

Jacki - The blizzard missed us. We only got the freezing cold. But my poor puppies don't want to go outside. We have been watching them very closely when we let them out so as soon as they are done doing their "business" we get them right back in. It is still -45 with the windchill. One of the dogs came in limping the yesterday, even though it was right out then right back in. After 5 minutes warming up he was fine. Can dogs get frostbite? I don't know and I don't want to find out..lol

Got my 90 min of working out in this morning. Still not seeing the scale move. I know I shouldn't be, but I am scale addict. I should have the kids hide it from me. lol.

Have a great day ladies.

Last edited by LTs girl; 02-02-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 159/157/110

Height: 5'1''

Hi,
I'm new to this part of the forum! My name is Jenn and I am 29. I am 5'1'' and have 45-50 lbs to lose. I am single and have no kids. My work keeps me very busy and offers me MANY unhealthy temptations (bagels, donuts, cookies, homemade cakes are ALWAYS around..), but I am trying to only allow extras once a week.
I started dieting a couple of weeks ago (the first week was a disaster, I did better last week) and also started exercising for 30 minutes almost every day.
I am also looking for one (or more) buddies to check in and be accountable. If anyone is interested, please just let me know!

Thanks!!!
purplepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #87  

Hi Jenn--Welcome to our thread! Glad to have you. You can definitely check in here daily and let us know how you're doing. What kind of plan are you on? I'm also doing 30 mins per day of exercise while I'm doing Jackie Warner's eating plan.

LTs girl--That is some crazy temperature changes. We've had some of our own here. One day it'll be 30 in the morning and the next day it's 80 degrees. Wacky weather this year. Why don't you try weekly weighing? I used to go nuts when I weighed in daily. The little ups and downs were hard to take. Put the scale in a closet and take it out one day per week and see if that helps.

Jacki--I saw that crazy weather you're having on the news. Thunder and lightening with snow?! Nuts. I saw that people couldn't even walk with the heavy winds. Stay warm and stay safe.

How's everyone doing today? I'm doing well. Walked on the treadmill for 30 mins and been eating well so far. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 159/157/110

Height: 5'1''

Hi Ann72, thanks for welcoming me
I'm doing calorie counting -- my life is too crazy for me to stick to any other plan.

... and then there's day like this... it's Chinese New Year today, and one of the girls in the office brought Chinese candies in. Bags and bags of candies. They have been sitting around all day and it's really hard not to eat some. Plus, they are really good.... I couldn't help myself and ate almost 2 servings... but that's enough... I'm going to have a light dinner to make up for the sugars!!
purplepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello all from SNOWY, COLD Indiana!!
I'm 31 years old.. I have two daughters one 13 and the other is 5 months..
I have about 50 more pounds to lose and I'm looking for a weight loss buddy!! Anyone interested???
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #90  

Jen and whisperingshouts!!

Ann72- Being a scale addict doesn't bother me.....it's the fact that this is my 9th week of really working out and trying hard (not always perfect at eating) and not seeing the scale move. I started at 185 and am currently at 178. That is the most frustrating part.

It was a pretty good day. I was craving DQ and decided not to get in the car and go get it. I didn't say anything to the kids. I know if I did, they would have talked me into going. So I suffered in silence.

So I found my next challenge to keep myself motivated. I am flying to MS to visit my husband and while I am there we are going to do the Warrior Dash. It is a crazy 3.18 mi race with obstacles. Here is the website if you want to check it out. www.warriordash.com I can't wait.

Last edited by LTs girl; 02-02-2011 at 10:23 PM.