Old 01-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

envelope--Wow, that's amazing. It even tells you how much you sleep? Do you mind sharing what the cost is for the FIT?

Michelle--wow, 5 points! I think a lot of people make that mistake and assume something is free to eat because it is sugar free or fat free or whatever. I bet if she used 50% whole wheat flour and 50% white it would lower those points and also be more satisfying because of the fiber.

How's everyone else today? I hope well.

I'll check in again later. Have a lot to get done today (as I'm sure you all do). Enjoy.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #62  

Height: 5' 8"

Ann72 - The best price I have found is from Costco, it comes with a 12 month subscription and is $149. I was not sure about buying one, and debated it for a few weeks, but my husband talked me into it.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #63  

Cool, envelope. The only thing that would drive me nuts is wearing it all day and all night. Is it comfortable?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi All, made it home safe, to house with two kids and a hubby intact. no giant pile of dishes, and kids rooms intact too. so horay!!

I hope you are finally better Ann, this has been my worst winter for colds ever!
I guess LT's girl is doing the tri today (if I remember correctly). Exciting!
I hope you finish in your personal best time.

I am way too lazy to do the math like that. But i am sure it would meke me think about many more things.

I have some high maintenance family visiting for the week (hubby's) It will be a struggle this week not to seek comfort in yummy treats. but I am going to stick to the thinking about the potions and I need to up the water I drink, I dont think it counts if it comes in the form of coffee.

So Monday it is - I like the logic about trying to make up the weekend all week long. I will set a reminder in my phone!

Have a great rest of the weekend, and I think housework so counts as a work out!
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #65  

I do seem to be getting over this cold, so hopefully I'll be able to get started with my exercise in the next day or two. I've been on target for eating too...for the most part.

Daisy--I totally get it. We just had high maintenance family staying here last week and it was really hard to stay on track (and it's my family, not even my hubby's). Just stay with your mindful eating and you'll do fine.

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

So today was my triathlon (Daisy ). Oh my goodness, it was A LOT harder then I thought it would be. I guess I wasn't completely over being sick. (at least that is what I think the problem was.) I started with the swim and I started overheating. Felt like I was burning up from the inside out. I had to take off my swim cap cause it was holding in the heat. Then the goggles came off. I could have kissed the guy when he said final lap. lol. The bike was a piece of cake. 30 min on spin bike. Then the run. I almost threw up. BUT I finished! This was my first tri ever so that was my one goal. My time for all three was 83.71. So I guess this gives me a time to beat for next time. If there is a next time......my whole body hurts at the moment.

Then off to Cirque du Soleil. OMG it was amazing. They did things that I didn't know was possible with the human body. And I swear there was this one guy..... Has anyone seen Faster with the Rock. There is this guy in the beginning of the movie doing yoga and balancing moves that were pretty impressive. (me and the girls still talk about him lol.) Well this guy put him to shame. I swear he had an eight pack, is that possible?!. Anyways the whole show was pretty fantastic.

Well ladies, I am exhausted and need to get to bed. I will talk with you all tomorrow. good night.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #67  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I would love to join your group. My name is Jacki. I am a mom to 2 teenage children. I started my healthier lifestyle Jan 2, 2011. I am not following any particular plan, just eating lean meat, fruit, veggies, and whole grain/whole wheat. I work out 45 mins a day at the gym (treadmill, eliptical, row machine, weight machines, alternating strenth and cardio days), 4 - 5 days a week. So Far I have lost 16 lbs, 89 to go!

Last edited by Jacki73; 01-30-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Lt's Girl - you did it! you can officially say you have done it. Wow that is great - good for you.

Eating went out the window yesterday! So today I will be cleaning and trying to refocus. My weight hasn't changed from my starting weight, but I am hoping that its just yesterday and that darn PMS crap. ( preping myself for Monday) It is so hard to motivate yourself when you dont feel well. like I said worst winter ever for colds, my hands are so dry from extra washing.

So to do today... bite my tongue, clean the house, put away the clothes, oh lord bite my tongue, make a fab dinner for the others comming tonight, clean up, I can't wait until bed.

Have a great day.
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #69  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

LtsGirl - congratulations!! That is awesome that you did it!
I would love to start swimming - I grew up on a lake and spent all my summers swimming away. I am just so embarrassed of how I look in bathing suit, and the only place we have to swim is at the local YMCA.

I weighed in today 222 - thats a pound a week weight loss, not to shabby. Now I need to start amping up my effort.

Here's to a great new week, Ladies! Welcome to February!
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Thanks guys. There is another one in June.....

Coffee Luver- I swim at the YMCA. I say go for it. Just find a bathing suit that you like. It's all about the bathing suit. lol.

Taking it easy today. Walked on the treadmill and going to veg out the rest of the day.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #71  

Just have a quick minute to post tonight. We had a busy Sunday. My eating was less than perfect, but that's OK. Who knows how tomorrow's weigh in will be with my eating today and the fact that it's that time of the month. Oh well, it is what it is.

Congrats to LTsgirl on your awesome accomplishment!!!!!!!

Coffee Luver -- WTG on your weight loss!!!

Welcome to Jacki73! Keep checking in.

Hi to everyone else.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #72  

Height: 5' 8"

Lts Girl - WOOOOHOOOOO, you are amazing!

Jacki - Welcome!

Ann - The GoWearFIT is pretty small and comfortable. I was worried about sleeping with it on since I wear it on the arm that I lay on while sleeping, it does not bother me at all. Come late spring summer, it will be noticeable since most ss shirts would not cover it, but it is not obtrusive, and they have cool skins you can put on it to dress it up a bit.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

My weigh in for this Monday is 191.

Last edited by envelope; 01-31-2011 at 06:31 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #73  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Ann and Envelope!

What type of exercise/food does everyone do/eat? Any specific program/plan? I have been eating whole foods, and working out at the gym at least 5 days a week (treadmill, elliptical, row, weights machines). Looking to add Jillians 30 Day Shred. Just bought her 6 weeks ab workout, looking to do that after Shred. Has anyone tried it/them?
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #74  

I weighed in this morning and lost 4 lbs. Pretty happy about that, but it's only my first week. LOL. I am also pretty much over the cold, so I was able to get in 30 mins on the elliptical. Right now, I'm just planning on doing 30 mins of cardio per day. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Jacki--I am doing Jackie Warner's diet from her book. I've only put in one week, but so far so good.

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Do any of you NOT have kids? No offense to the mothers, of course, but I'm also looking for a weight loss buddy, and since I haven't had children, I guess I want someone I can relate to more precisely. I don't have baby weight to lose...just weight in general.
I'm in the 170's and would like to get into the higher 130's...does anyone have similar goals? I'm 28 years old.
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote