Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Daisy, thanks for the tip! I will check it out. Oh, and holla to you too!! Sorry about the boots...gotta love a good deal!

Lts girl, glad you're on the mend...and good for you hitting the gym! Good luck with your training...I can't wait to hear about your triathalon. I'd love to try something like it when I get myself in some better shape!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi everyone,

I Hope you all had a great day today. I am totally under the weather. Yesterday I thought it was just allergies, but today it seems like a nasty cold. Oh well, at least I don't have much of an appetite. That's the one positive to come out of it.

I ate pretty well today, but I'm just not in the mood for my veggies. I'm not a huge fan. Normally, I can choke them down, but with this cold I just don't feel like it. Oh well.

Hi Michelle--Welcome to our group! It's great to have you. Sorry about the weight gain, but it sounds like a great time to lose those 50 lbs that you gained. It makes it so much easier when hubby's on board. Good luck with the nighttime munchies. I struggle with that as well.

Daisy--Glad to see that you're able to do so well even while away. I always have a hard time when I'm not home. So strange that the place is a hotel and nursing home. I've never heard of such a thing. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

LT'sgirl--Glad to see that you're feeling better in time for the triathlon. What an accomplishment! Wow, I can't even imagine. I wish you the best of luck. Do you have any specific goals for finishing time, or are you just ok as long as you finish? How did you train for the triathlon?

Krista--hope your day is going well.

I'm heading to bed early tonight. Need to sleep off this cold.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #48  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Hello, ladies, just checking in! I've been eating well and getting plenty of exercise - yesterday about an hour and a half (two workouts) and today it will be a touch less than that (also in two workouts).

Ann72, hope you feel better soon!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good evening

my brain is shut down from learning, it's a new way of thinking about projects, so you have to make a conceptiual shift (I can't get the spell checker to work sorry I am a terrible speller)

Food today - I am being responsible, they served pizza for lunch, had only one slice and a bunch of carrots, but had a small rice crispie treat this afternoon, had a healty dinner. Usually when I am away from home I give my self free regin, but not anymore!

no exercise to speak of today. But tomorrow is a whole new oppourtinuity to succeed.

(LT's girl - you will love Cirque - any of their shows are amazing! I have seen 2 of them (Orlando and one in Vegas) and both times I left in awe and with a sadness that I do not use my body to it's full potential, I would go again in a heart beat)

I have been thinking of rewarding small milestones, like I was going to get a pretty new lunch bag to start this, but then I decided to make that my 5 pound reward. I need to make a list. hmmm maybe this course in planning can be more helpful in this too.

Time for homework. Feel better Ann.

one step at a time
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann72 View Post
LT'sgirl--Glad to see that you're feeling better in time for the triathlon. What an accomplishment! Wow, I can't even imagine. I wish you the best of luck. Do you have any specific goals for finishing time, or are you just ok as long as you finish? How did you train for the triathlon?
I started training 8 weeks ahead of time. We spin Mon, Wed, Fri and run Tues and Thur in the morning. Then on Tues, Thur, Sat we swim laps in the pool at lunch. We also throw in some weight training M-F. You would think I would lose weight like crazy, but sadly not so much. Maybe if I would stop eating so much. lol

This is my first Triathlon so I will just be happy to finish. It is an indoor winter triathlon. So 400 meters in the pool, 30 min on a spin bike, and 3 miles on a treadmill. Swimming is my weakness. I feel sssoooooo slow compared to everyone else but at least I am doing it.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #51  

LT--awesome! I can't wait to hear about how it goes! I bet you drop weight after the fact. Sometimes the body works in strange ways and holds onto weight when you would expect it to let it go. I know they say weight loss is a simple science, but it doesn't work that way for me.

Daisy--Great idea with your rewards for small milestones. How long are you away? Sounds like you're doing really well with eating despite not having the best food options.

calluna--Sounds like you're doing great! Keep it up and keep checking in!

As for me, I'm still sick but it's just a head cold. Got plenty of sleep last night so I'm feeling well today despite all the congestion. Eating is on plan. Exercise is non existent. LOL.

Have a great day!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #52  

I was wondering how often you're each weighing in? I am planning on doing it weekly. Just curious.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 185/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi there

I am heading back home tomorrow after class. So one whole day of sitting, followed by a 4 or so hour drive, so I really doubt I will be exercising tomorrow. So with that in mind - I drove downtown, paid way too much for parking and walked for an hour and 15 min, before a very yummy seafood soup noodle thing. but I did have a brownie, not a huge one though - they are my ultimate weakness! I LOVE brownie's

I have not had too much trouble with portion size during this trip. I thought it would be hard, but the difference for me is (hold on to your seat this has never been thought of before) eating consciously. I know, sad huh? Actually considering how much food is on my plate - deciding that it's enough. Have I really been so non accountable for all these years.

I am so envious of your courage LT's girl - a triathlon is such a great thing to do. I am so proud of you, no matter if you swim a little slower than some of the other people, know you are so much faster than me!

to weigh myself...I think once per week is what I would like to do too. To be honest I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks. 2 reasons, I like to do my weigh in first thing in the morning, and I keep forgetting in the morning rush, and because I dont like how much I weigh, so I am afraid that the number hasn't moved.

But I know it must be done, if you dont know where you are, how can you get to where you are going? So would you gals like to pick a day? Give us a common milestone? I have no preference to which day.

Have a great night
Daisy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone! I am super excited today because I got my bodymedia FIT yesterday and I started wearing it today.

I am fighting off a head cold or sinus allergies...just minor pain, so hopefully it just goes away.

I weigh in daily, so any day would be good for me. I know that it does not work for everyone but it works best for me, that way I can track my weight fluctuations annalytically and do not get upset over a high weigh in.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #55  

Daisy- it is amazing how much less you eat when eating mindfully. I know we should always do that, but it's hard with the speed of life. Have a good last day and a safe long drive home.

Envelope- what is a FIT? I guess it's for tracking calories (like they use on biggest loser)? Good luck and keep us posted.

I prefer no weigh in at all...lol. But, if we must, weekly works best for me. Daily would drive me nuts and set me off on too many emotional ups and downs. I vote for Monday or Tuesday. I think (at least for me), it'll help keep me honest on the weekends. I used to do it on Fridays so I could pig out on the weekends and make it up in time for next weekend. I don't want to do that anymore.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Daisy congrats on your self control. Sometimes I need reminding that I am in control of what goes into my mouth. lol.

A weekly weigh in works for me. I agree with Ann on Monday. Hopefully it will keep me on the right path over the weekend if I know I have to weigh in on Monday. Weekends are my weakest days. Not sure why. I am a stay at home mom right now, so my routine isn't that dramatically different from day to day but the weekends just throw me off.

I weighed myself today and I am back on track. I had gained a little at the beginning of the week, but am back down. Now to just keep it going in that direction.

Already walked for an hour this morning. I cleaned the whole upstairs and did all the laundry yesterday, so today my big plans are to clean the downstairs. Taking it easy before tomorrow. I cant' believe it is tomorrow. Not sure which is more exciting to me: my first triathlon or the Cirque Du Solel?
Anyone else have big plans for the weekend?

Have a great weekend ladies. Should we go ahead and make Monday our official first weigh in?
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #57  

Ok, Mondays it is. Hope that works for the rest of the group.

No big weekend plans here for me. I just want to get rid of this cold. I can barely function today. Hardly no voice and lots of sinus pressure. Ugh. We do have two parties on Sunday if I can make it.

I'll check in again later...
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #58  

I stayed on plan with food today. Made an amazing stir fry for dinner. Hope you're all doing well and that everyone has a great weekend. I'll be checking in regularly.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #59  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann72 View Post
Envelope- what is a FIT? I guess it's for tracking calories (like they use on biggest loser)? Good luck and keep us posted.
A bodymedia FIT is alot like the body bugg that they use on biggest loser. I am really having fun with it. It is amazing the data it collects for you.

I have taken 10846 steps today, burned 3222 calories, and during the day had 3 hours and 4 minutes of moderate activity. Last night I laid down for 7 hrs and 44 min but was really only sleeping for 6 hours and 42 minutes of that time. I did toss and turn a lot last night!
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Eeeks! My mom makes yummo chocolate chip cookies that she THINKS are better for you because she uses Splenda (brown sugar and the for baking white sugar). Last night we put all the ingrediants into a recipe calculator to find the nutritional value. Ya, lets just say I will NOT be eating any more of those cookies!! My diabetic dad thinks they are "free" because of the Splenda. Here's what I discovered...
206 calories
11 grams of fat
under 1 gram of fibre
There would be 5 whopping WW points in ONE cookie and they are not big cookies. EEEKS!!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote