Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I just came back from the gym and I feel great! Burned 900 calories on the elliptical, hitting level 3 for the first time, 1 hr 45 min! Eating light and going to the gym feels so good. My mind feels clear, unlike in the past when I would eat a large meal and workout, and afterwards I would feel so exhausted. It's weird, like my mind and stomach are in agreement with each other for once! I don't even feel hungry! Maybe cuz I didn't binge today, lol!

I'm eatin my din din now, salad, veggies, and 3 ounces of fish. I don't even feel hungry, but I'm chowing down anyways to keep the metabolism going.
Waiting for Shredding for the Wedding to come on. SO STOKED! I LOVE weight loss shows!

LT-- I did some reading the other day about 1000 and 1200 calorie diets, and they all said not to do it for more than 1 week, consult a doctor before trying, etc. I think I can manage this for a few days to 1 week. I'm really trying my best with the diet thing. This was recommended by doctors to jumpstart weightloss, and I know with this diet I can detox the sugar cravings out of me. I calculated everything to a T, looking up on calories on every little thing I ate today. Surprisingly, my total comes in just under 1000 (997) calories.

The binging thing is now controlled I feel. I know I have some chocolates in the freezer, but I'm not going to touch them until I get into the low 140's. That's my new food/cheating goal! That and a beer if I get to 145 on St. Patty's!

I just bought groceries for the week, $40, and I was very good at the store. Didn't reach or buy any bad food! For once! LOL

I hope I can keep this up for a week. We'll see! Thanks all for reading this!

Talk soon
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #227  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning girls!

Finished Day 6 of P90! It was nice having the day/night off. Hubby and I relaxed, watched Survivor and went to bed at 9:15. I was tired! LOL Today is strength day at the gym, I LOVE strength days! I noticed something funny this morning, I was laying in bed and looked at my arm, I noticed a lump/bump, its my forearm muscle! LOL I only see it on my right arm, not my left arm. Haha Just thought it was funny! I told my husband "come here and let me forearm you". We both laughed! LOL I watched too much wrestling (WWF) growing up.

Beila, thanks. Keeping a journal is great, it reminds you of what has been going on, if you need to switch something etc. I agree with LTsgirl, your daily calorie intake is too low. I would say you are a very active person, the amount of calories you can consume in a day without gaining weight is about 2,300. If you eat 1,400 (which I think you shouldn't go lower than that, definitely never go under 1,200) that is a deficit of 900 calories (a day) times that by 7 (7 days in a week) = 6,300 calories total. A pound equals 3,500. You will lose just under 2 lbs a week just from food, not including your workouts. Your body needs food for fuel. If you do not feed your body, it will take from other areas of your body, even your muscles. It is very important to eat enough food, if you don't your body shuts down, slowing your metabolism. I eat about 1700 - 2000 calories a day. My meals are not small. When I make grilled chicken I eat 3 chicken tenderloins, 1.5. - 2 cups of veggies, when we made fish tacos, I ate 3 tacos (corn tortillas, about 4oz of fish divided among them, topped with shredded cabbage, tablespoon of guacamole) and then had another 3oz of fish on the side. When you eat your body is looking for nutrients, if it doesn't get enough it will keep craving, making you want to eat more and binge. Everything is up to you, on what you think is best, just wanted to give some info. I know you said you are doing a detox, hope it works well! Your workouts are AWESOME, you are doing great!

Please everyone remember, if anyone says anything/suggests something, we are only telling you because we care. I hope some of you do that for/to me. No one knows everything about getting fit and healthy, we learn something new from someone at some point in our lives. I hope everyone has a great day!
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Good morning ladies! My day started kind of crappy. After driving all the way to the gym, my spinning class was full. So I got on the treadmill and ran for 20 minutes. Then 10 min of walking. Yes I finally got on the treadmill to RUN! lol. I am sore, but it is the good kind of sore.

But then it gets better. This is the last week for the fitness challenge. (it is divided into 3 different 5 week sessions, so end of first 5 weeks) I am down exactly 10 lbs from the beginning! 180.6 - 170.6. Then we took waist measurements. I must confess before you hear the numbers, the first taping I didn't suck it in, just stood there like I normally would. Did not try to push out or anything. Then when they taped me this morning, I sucked it in as far as possible. lol. Hey, it's 10 points for every 0.5 in lost. So I went from 36in to 32in in the waist. YAY! Now I am super motivated to keep it up and do even more. Can't wait to see the numbers.

I am treating myself by going out today and buying the Biggest Loser fitness game for the xbox Kinect. I have been trying to decide how to fit in strength training and I think this is the answer. What do you guys think? Anyone have or try it?

Jacki - ROFL! We still watch wrestling in the house sometimes when DH is home. However UFC has kind of taken over. I laugh because our son walked in on us one day in an...um ....compromising position and asked what we were doing? We told him we were wrestling on the bed like they do on tv. Of course he wanted to join in. So till this day we still wrestle on the bed with the kids!

Today for lunch I am thinking Sushi. Dinner will be chicken fajitas. Already grilled the chicken and veggies yesterday. (I was already grilling something else).

Beila - have fun hiking with your friend today.

Ann - If I don't hear from ya before tomorrow, Have fun on your vacation. Again - jealous! lol.

Chat with you all later.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #229  
A new beginning

That is so funny LTsgirl! Cute that you have made a tradition of wrestling with the kids. I know they love that and it makes for great memories! Awesome job girl! You are doing great! I haven't heard anything about that game, let me know how it is.

Ann, hope you have a GREAT time! Lucky girl!

Beila, I am happy to hear, you are doing and feeling better. Nice to get your body in control. You will do great!

I might be going to Vegas next month. My husband just called, said he wasn't happy, I asked why, he said his job wants him to go to Vegas for 3 nights next month to meet with some vendors. He figured out my schedule (it alternates each week, one week I work Mon - Wed, the next is Wed - Fri) to see if I was off 2 of the days, and I am not. LOL I told him, if he wants to go and is going, I will look into taking the days off. How can I pass up Vegas? LOL The only bad thing is he will be busy from 9am - 5pm. So I have something to think about. LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #230  
A new beginning

I forgot to mention, I tried on my smallest 16's today and they FIT! Not all pants are created equal! LOL I was wearing 16's before (past few weeks), but these ones were smaller and I fit them! My daughter said, mom you bought new jeans, I said no, I finally fit my old ones. LOL I have sizes 7 and up, so I can't wait to fit the 14's!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #231  

Hola Chicas!

Feeling so much better today. 2nd day of no binging! Every now and then I feel a bit of the urge to, but I quickly squash the thought and go on to my plans for what I'm supposed to do.

Chomping on salad right now. It's so yummy! Prawns, suateed bellpepers and corn over lettuce and other fresh veggies. Super filling! I'm measuring everything now, and realizing how to control my portions. Just a teaspon of butter goes a long way, and only 1 tablespoon of salad dressing can really coat all of my salad!

Exercised with my friend at the gym, but we talked for much of it and so only burned about 650 calories. Hopefully going again tonight with my old neighbor. Just walking around the park and maybe jogging before she gets there.

Thanks all for cheering me on! It really helps and motivates me every day!

Thank you all for your concerns about my calorie intake and also for the great advice about calorie requirements. I was a little worried about the 1000-1200 calorie range, so I'm going to have my friend who is a nutrition assistant at the hospital check out my calorie needs and food journal. Hopefully she will give me a better perspective. So far though, I don't feel hungry on this diet. I guess the vegetables are filling.

Jacki-- a big WOOOT WHOOOOT! on your smallest 16 size jeans! Your successes are so frequent and motivate me every day. Next you'll be wearing a smaller size altogether! I can't fit into my biggest size at the moment without a muffin top. But hopefully, that will change soon. Btw, you are doing really AWESOME following your exercise plan! Day 6 on P90! Almost done with week 1!!

LT-- So glad you did some running on the treadmill despite the spinning class being full. It's all about what we CAN do that makes the difference, and you certainly proved that to yourself today! Also, HOOOO RAAAY for your 10 pound loss! WoOO WOOOT! LOL. Seriously, it seems like 10 pounds is so hard to lose, and you did it in only 5 weeks! So happy for you!

So shredding for the wedding kinda sucks, but still I have to say, love wedding shows, and love weightloss shows...it was a good idea, but not sure if it will keep my interest for too long.

Talk soon!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #232  

Yay! Jogged at the park today, that's 400 calories!

Does anyone find that doing your exercise twice a day work better for you (as opposed to doing it all at once)?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to check in quickly, it was a busy day. We're leaving in the early afternoon tomorrow. You probably won't hear from me again until Monday, so i hope everyone has a great weekend. I had a great day on the food/exercise front. Did a really great workout and ate on plan.

Beila--I am just happy to get in one workout everyday. LOL. I'm glad it works for you to break up your exercise. Sounds like a good plan to have your friend help out with your calories/menu. I think it's not something you figure out right away. It takes time to figure out your body and see what works for you and what doesn't.

Jacki--Good for you on the size 16's. That's a great feeling, I bet. Vegas sounds fun. I hope you get to go. How exciting. I'm sure that there are plenty of things to enjoy while DH is working (like just relaxing by the pool!).

LTsgirl--Wow, those are some awesome stats on the weight loss and inches lost. Let us know what you think of TBL xbox kinect workout. I don't have any of those video game things yet, so I'm curious to hear about what you think.

Take care. I'll try to avoid the cookies and cream mickey mouse ice cream sandwiches that I usually enjoy. LOL.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #234  
A new beginning

Good morning!

I need to adjust my P90 days. I am suppose to count my off days too (1 day a week). I finished Day 8 today! 82 to go! Sweat (cardio) days kick butt! I sweat so much, maybe that is why they call it sweat! LOL I feel great! Wearing my new Calvin Klein workout pants (they are so soft!) and boy shorts undies today (after workout and shower). I feel great! Funny that new workout pants and undies make me happy! Haha

Had my regular breakfast smoothie this morning. Lunch will be a belt sandwich (turkey bacon, egg beaters, lettuce, tomato, light mayo, and whole wheat bread) and small garden salad (romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, crumbled egg, and red vinegar, oil. Dinner will be light and quick, my weigh in is tomorrow! LOL We are having chicken (fried in a pan with pam, little olive oil, minced garlic and my 21 herb/spice seasoning blend (no sodium), and brussel sprouts (boiled for 8 mins, then cooked in a pan with pam, olive oil, minced garlic and 21 herb blend). They are YUMMY! Tonight we are going to Chicago, to see my niece perform in her H.S. musical (7:30pm - 9:30pm), we will not have time to workout beforehand, so we plan on going afterwards, if that doesn't happen, we are doing both workouts tomorrow afternoon! Have to make up for it somehow! LOL

Thank you so much Beila! You are doing great! Love your idea of seeing a nutritionist, that is great! Your salad sounds yummy! Sorry you didn't like that show, such a disappointment huh? That stinks! As far as dividing workouts, I am sure it is nice taking a break and finishing later. Depending on the workout, you body may need it.

Hi Ann, thanks! Great to hear you are on plan! Have a fun and safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #235  

Good mornin chicas!

It's a rainy day, and I'm kinda bummed. Trapped at home, cause I don't feel like going to the gym. I'm SO BORED of the gym! I was hoping to change things up today and do a bunch of outdoor exercises since I'm just a walking distance to the beach.

So I wanted to do the "stairs" in Santa Monica, a really good workout in Santa Monica Canyon, some beach jogging in the sand, and lunges in the park.

That WAS my plan, now I'm just hoping to try some home exercises: "yoga booty belly", "walk off the pounds" and maybe try to hit the gym one time for a quick cardio session.

We'll see...exercise report due back later.

On the bright side...DAY 3 WITHOUT BINGING!! WOOOO WOOO!
Also, I feel better inside, not so bloated! Also, thanks to the warm lemon water I've been drinking.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #236  

Good afternoon ladies! I woke up in a funk. It snowed all night. So I went out this morning and shoveled the snow instead of using the snow blower. Then it snowed another 4 inches and it doesn't look like I did a d*mn thing. So back outside to shovel. At least it is a workout.

I went and bought the BL game yesterday. I was just going to turn it on and check it out, but ended up doing 30+ min. lol. There was a fitness test to see where you should start. I was short on space for one of the movements, you have to get on the floor and do hip lifts and move your arms up and down. So I moved closer to the tv and then the kinect sensor wasn't picking me up as well so it stopped and put me in the moderate category. I was a little offended and thought no fair it was the sensor but then it took me to the actual workout. So I went ahead with it for 30 minutes. I learned 2 things:
1. moderate is just fine with me. lol. My legs are burning.
2. I need to find my yoga mat. My knees on the hardwood floor do not go well together.

I was sweating by the end. I will keep you all updated and let you know if I really like it. I do think that I am going to have the kids join in on this one. All this snow, they haven't been getting outside enough.

Beila - WOOOT!!!! WOOOOT!! 3 days!! That's great. Keep up the good work.

Ann - Maybe just allow yourself 1 mickey mouse icre cream cookie. That way you don't drive yourself crazy! But most of all Have FUN!! Talk with you Monday.

Jacki - enjoy your nieces performance. Hope you get your workout in somewhere.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #237  

So I binged this afternoon. I don't know why I did it. This time I was actually having a real craving for food. I ate a kit kat bar and 1/2 bar of milk chocolate, peanut butter w/ wheat crackers. It wasn't as bad as other binges, but I have to say that I have to start over with Day 1 tomorrow.

My new goal for binging will be 4 days binge free. I'm just taking baby steps I guess. 2 days binge free was actually pretty good considering what I've done these past couple of weeks.

Anyways, my total calorie intake today goes 1500. I haven't had dinner yet, but will probably have a salad and veggies to keep the calories low.

ON A GOOD NOTE... I have discovered how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE to workout at home now! The rain really poured so I couldn't get myself to drive to the gym. However I did the following exercises at home:

-48 min walking 3 miles with 2 five pound weights (330 calories)--it's a DVD called "Walk at Home"
-57 min plyometrics P90x DVD (465 calories)
-35 min dancing w/ yoga booty ballet and freestyle dancing (218 calories)

Total = 1013 cals AT HOME!

So here is a list I just made up to motivate anyone needing to exercise at home:

1. Saves gas!
2. Saves time--getting to from gym
3. Wear whatver skimpy workout clothes you want! Don't need to hide your body.
4. Blast the music however loud you want!
5. Don't have to worry about parking time (I only get 2 hours free at the gym)
6. Don't have to wear socks (saves a pair that I don't have to wash)
7. It's cooler at home vs. stuffy gym
8. Don't have to look stupid doing weights around people.
9. No wait for the exercise
10. Kill the boredom of cardio machines with different DVDs, and try something new!

Anyone have more to add to this list?

Also, I really want to try more dance DVDs. Any other fun ones?
How was Hip Hop Abs?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #238  
A new beginning

Good morning girls!

Today is weigh-in day! Not for another 2 hours when my husband wakes up. I wonder where I am, I haven't wanted to weigh myself, because I know your weight fluctuates from day to day, that just causes the crazies. LOL

The musical was great, I was shocked by some of the material that was used, but it was funny! LOL Todays plan is weigh-in, workout to P90 at 8am, drink my breakfast, put my food list/menu list together, do food inventory (see what I have, and can use for the week), go to the gym 1 hr strength, 1 hr cardio, go food shopping, and come home. Today is date night with hubby, we are going to the movies to see Hall Pass. I can't wait! It is going to be hilarious! If I wasn't eating healthy I would have him take me to Applebees afterwards. If you don't know what I mean, there is a part in the movies that includes Applebee's. LOL

LTsgirl, You got in 2 great workouts! Happy to hear you like BL. That is great to have the kids do it, I am sure they will like that!

Beila, All you can do is move forward. That is a good goal to work towards. I hope things getter easier/better. That is an awesome home workout! GREAT! I think you pretty much covered the advantages of staying home to work out! I thought of one, no one will see you sweat. LOL As far as Hip Hop Abs, I haven't tried it yet. Been too busy with my other workouts. I will try it next week, in place of Shred.

I hope you girls have a good day!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #239  

Good morning ladies! It is beautiful and sunny today. It is melting all of the snow we got over the last 2 days. Can't wait for it to be gone. Bring on the Spring! I am trying my best to make good choices this weekend. I really need to come up with a workout schedule and stick with it. Right now I just randomly pick what I do by what I feel like when I wake up...with the exception of the spinning classes. I have to become more focused if I really want to continue to lose. Right now I have spinning, treadmill, Zumba, swimming, and BL. I love all of them except the treadmill....d*mn that thing. However in a few weeks I will be able to get outside and run. There is another triathlon this June that I am thinking about. My husband will be back and said he would do it with me. Not sure yet. My goal for Monday is to have a schedule in place.

Warning rant ahead. This is the last time I talk about this as a problem. Promise. cross my heart.
I was super excited by my numbers for the fitness challenge and you guys were all great and supportive....thanks!.....so I called my friend. **sigh** I told her about my progress and the waist size difference. You know what she said to me? "Really? I don't see it." That is the last time I have talked to her this week. I'm not saying the friendship is over, but EVERYTHING to do with the fitness challenge is now off limits to talk about with her. That is why there will be no more rants. Okay. I'm done.

Jacki - Fingers crossed for the weigh in. It sounds like you have had a great week so I hope it reflects on the scale. Are you sure you shouldn't go to Olive Garden instead? lol. It looks hilarious. Maybe I'll talk DH into going to see it next weekend while visiting. By the way, my butt is so sore from doing the BL.

Beila - Well at least it didn't turn into an all out binge fest. You had enough self control to stop and that is great! Is it sweets you crave. I had a friend who did Atkins and took a natural supplement (L-Glutamine) that she swore helped get rid of the sugar cravings. BTW my favorite part is wearing whatever I want. I have the tight fitting stretchy pants that I like to wear at home and sometimes only a sports bra. Will never wear anything like that to the gym. Only loose fitting sweat pants and t-shirts for the gym.

Well ladies I have work to do. So I will chat with you all later.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 159 / 153 / 131

Height: 5' 2"

Default partner up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarunts View Post
I'm new here and would love a buddy to work with to get this weight off.
I need a personal partner too.....mother of 4...need to feel healthy again....interested?
girlsrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote