Old 05-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Hey Beila! I've broken through a wall. This past Monday I weighed in at 188.2 down from 190.4 the week before. You know what the problem was?

I wasn't eating enough! Go figure.

I stopped eating as much quinoa, couscous, and beans and more salads and veggies and couldn't really put my finger on why I wasn't losing. A couple of nights ago, I realized that my foods had changed. I was tracking for about 2 months and then stopped writing down everything because I pretty much ate the same thing all the time and then totally forgot to start writing down the changes. *sigh*.

I also took a week off from exercising and relaxed my eating just a bit and that jump started my weight loss. Go figure AGAIN!! lol

How is your binge free challenge going?

It took me so long to respond because for SOME reason I only get 2 follow up messages to this thread *sigh*
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #437  

I guess you're too new Time I tried to PM you and couldn't. You can post here and you can have multiple buddies!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #438  

Beila, Have you ever tried Zumba before? It's quite nice in a life session and I love it too on the Kinect. I'm going to probably try Dance Central with my son today. We need to get out of this house. It's making me more than a little depressed.

I'm on my way to the gym and I woke up to an uber exciting number on the scale 185.8! That's almost 3 pounds down from Monday. It sucks that I finally understand what people mean when they say "You have to eat more to lose". Now whenever I give someone that advice I know what kind of wall I'm going to be talking to. But of course this only works if you're doing a high intensity workout 6 days a week. I thought that by eating less I would lose faster. Not so. I STOPPED losing when I started eating less carbs and calories. I ate green carbs but I cut out the couscous, quinoa and beans. When I added that stuff back in? It's like the fire inside IMMEDIATELY turned on and started burning up all kinds of stuff.

I was thinking of using diet pills but now I can't believe that I even considered that. I was desperate and I'm glad I have the Body for Life boards AND 3 Fat Chicks!! The BFL board was what led to my "ah-ha" moment. So anyways, I'm done with the rant but as of today I've lost 33 pounds!! Whoo hoo! I'll change my ticker on Monday just to be sure
Old 05-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suenos096 View Post
Beila, Have you ever tried Zumba before? It's quite nice in a life session and I love it too on the Kinect. I'm going to probably try Dance Central with my son today. We need to get out of this house. It's making me more than a little depressed.
I haven't tried zumba, but have been looking at the infomercials and seeing the results. It looks really good! There happens to be a zumba class at my gym, so I need to get my butt in there at that time on tues and check it out!

How are you doing btw?
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 230/219/150

I started trying to lose weight in January and posted here back then, but got sidelined by illness and then lack of motivation. I'm on summer break right now, and am hoping that while I'm away from school and can cultivate some seriously good habits before I get back.

It was getting close to the end of the school year, and I thought that it would be better to wait to start back until the summer. I had to get this end of the year slideshow together for the faculty, and it really started to bother me that all of these teachers had lost weight during the school year while I looked pretty much the same.

My goal is to lose about 25 lbs before I have to go back. I want to start exercising in a big way and watch my calories. I was thinking about joining WW, but I haven't had much success with the point system in the past.
micheleahsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Hi Micheleahsc!

South beach is also good, but most people have success with WW due to the easy point system. I tried it before and found it to be easy as well. And no counting. I might try that again. We'll see. So far I've been exercising and just trying to eat right.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote