Old 07-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #421  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelose View Post
What kind of "diet" is everyone doing? Or just watching portions?
I'm calorie counting and generally trying to go high protein, lower carb. I seem to be averaging 1500 on non-workout days and 1800 when I lift. I posted a page or so back with sample menus if you're interested.

So it hasn't been quite long enough for me to declare my theory true, but screw it. I really think my stall was caused by changing birth control. I'd been on Loestrin FE 24 and losing weight just fine but the discount program for it ended and I couldn't hack $100 a month. My doctor put me on Mononessa (good for PCOS?). I was extremely irritable and moody, got headaches, dry eyes, and couldn't seem to lose more than a pound or two and that pound came off when I had my period and was taking the placebo pills. I know a lot of people think that medication can't cause weight gain except through overeating due to cravings (which, sugar cravings were fierce and so not like me, but I beat them) but I was watching my calories like a hawk trying to figure this out. Hormones are powerful things, is my take.

I'm now on Microgestin FE and it's only been a week but but I'm down 3 pounds. Crossing my fingers that it continues.

Last edited by Thistleberry; 07-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I tend to gravitate towards a lower carb diet as well. That is what I need to get in check!!! I will go back and take a look just to see what you are doing.

My job has put me under a TON of stress and I have realized I am an emotional eater which is one reason why I am back here. But I checked out a book from the library - The Stress Eating Cure and most of what is explained so far in the book is that it is all hormonal!! So I understand!!! I am trying to finish up the book this week so that next week I can start to apply what I learn -- I start my workout program and eating has to be on to see results!!!

Love the support I have received here in the past!! Ready to get myself in check
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

I'm tracking pointsplus (Weight watchers).
Traveling this week- its tough to not have access to my scale.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #424  
is a persistent thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelose View Post
I tend to gravitate towards a lower carb diet as well. That is what I need to get in check!!! I will go back and take a look just to see what you are doing.

My job has put me under a TON of stress and I have realized I am an emotional eater which is one reason why I am back here. But I checked out a book from the library - The Stress Eating Cure and most of what is explained so far in the book is that it is all hormonal!! So I understand!!! I am trying to finish up the book this week so that next week I can start to apply what I learn -- I start my workout program and eating has to be on to see results!!!

Love the support I have received here in the past!! Ready to get myself in check
Yeah, I can't handle actual LOW carb. I just try to go for lower, if that makes sense. I've cut out uneccessary breads and buns and the like and swapped anything white for brown. I still get quite a few carbs (even if you subtract out dietary fiber to get net carbs) but they're much healthier carbs now.

What kind of workout program are you looking to do??

Good luck staying on plan during your traveling, Happy Holiday!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Yeah I ended up taking that book back to the library lol the program was a little too complicated and it seemed like you could still eat a lot of food and didn't seem all that healthy.

So I do the same things as you swapping stuff out and staying away (well try my hardest) from like cakey sweets or cookies. Unfortunately baked goods are my weakness.

On Monday I am starting Chalean Extreme. Are you following a program? What does everyone else do for a workout?
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #426  

So Tues I was 159.6 I think and then I was traveling tue-wed-thu. Tues I did good and wed I did ok and thu I did badly. This am weighed 160.8.

Weekend plan:
Tonight and tomorrow going out for dinner & drinks so my plan is to eat lightly during the day, and drink extra water. I will try to order something semi light for dinner and maybe leave some of it on my plate. Skip the bread..
And today my drink limit will be two, (wine instead of cocktail). Alternate drinks with water and diet soda.

Tomorrow my drink limit may be 4 so def a cheat meal. (shooting for 2-3 glasses wine max but know I may have 4) I will also eat more at dinner bc I wili be drinking. Sunday back on plan and will do a long walk.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #427  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy All - quick check in, had my official WI today at my coach's office and am at 150.6lb - my home scale showed 147.8, so still staying consistent with the ~3lb scale difference - since I only count my official coach's scale I am still hanging on to the 150s by a few 1/10ths of a pound!

Oh - and to answer helpmelose - I'm on the Ideal Protein diet, basically low-carb, low-fat, low-calorie - I meet with my coach weekly and my doctor monthly. It's a 4-Phase program, I am almost out of Phase 1, which is the most restrictive until you meet your goal weight, then Phase 2 adds in more calories (but still low-carb, not as low calorie, not as low fat), Phase 3 reintroduces carbs & healthy fat (& more calories), then Phase 4 is Maintenance for Life. Probably most similar to South Beach in that regards, except the Phase 1 is until 100% goal, and more medically supervised.

I also weightlift 3x/week (Les Mills Bodypump class at 24-hour Fitness Tue,Thur,Sun) after a 1 mile warmup jog. Strenuous exercise is not advised during Phase 1, so I keep it easy. Before it heated up (~4 weeks ago) I was walking ~2.5mi ~4-6x/week, but was lifting a lot less.

Last edited by LizRR; 07-13-2012 at 04:52 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #428  

I'm doing weight watchers.

So today is Sunday-
I'm back on plan and will also take a long walk today when it cools down a bit.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #429  

I have had a really hard time incorporating some regular form of exercise- it's too hot! Etc etc,..
Old 07-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #430  
is a persistent thistle

helpmelose I'm following the New Rules of Lifting For Women book. I really love it.
I don't know much about it, but I've heard good things about the Chalean Extreme program. Did you start on Monday as you had planned?

HappyHoliday - Being careful in this ridiculous heat is very important. The way I see it, not exercising isn't using that as an excuse; it's being prudent. I have been getting my strength training in lately but not much in the way of cardio. I'll hit it again when it's more bearable outside. Like when it rains, if it ever does again, I'm all about dancing in it. That'll be great.

Congratulations, LizzRR! I'm glad your weigh-in went so well. You really are an inspiration.

I've been fluctuating between 152 and 153 for the last week. I still feel like I need a good month under my belt to determine if it really was the BC stalling me but I love that all signs so far are pointing to yes.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #431  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

My home scale this morning at 8am said 143.2....but I update my ticker based on my coach's official scale which is usually ~3lb heavier, and it said 150.6 last Friday at 1pm. But according to home scale I've 'whooshed away 4.2lb since Friday (-2.6 Sat morning and -1.6 this morning), even with the ~3lb difference, I'd still be in the 140s with my recent whoosh.

I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow and will miss this Fridays weigh-in, I should reach my goal weight by then 'officially' but talked with my coach and will continue to stay on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein until the WI after that. I was going to reassess based on my BF%, but I am pretty sure I will start phasing off when I get back. I bought size 2 jeans last week and they were 'snug' but they fit just right (w/no muffin top) today! I am at ~27% body fat (Normal range), hoping to be closer to the Fitness range by my phase off in 2 weeks....we will see.

Anyways - I hope everyone enjoys their week and I can't wait for the beach tomorrow as I am settling into the 140s!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #432  

Good luck for the weekend!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #433  

I've been juggling the same three pounds, v annoying.
And frustrating.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #434  
is a persistent thistle

Right there with you, HappyHoliday. Things haven't been so hot for me either. I'm back to 154.4 (after weighing in at 152 for several days) after the wedding this past weekend. I know two pounds really shouldn't be a big deal and I'm thinking some of it is water weight (can feel it in my ankles), but it still bums me out a bit.

Last edited by Thistleberry; 07-25-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #435  

Hey everyone, good luck this weekend w your weight loss/fitness plans!