Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #46  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

prepping - the tooth wasn't as bad as I though it would be. The pain is mostly in my cheek and gum where they stuck me with that giant needle. I could probably get through the day comfortably by taking some Motrin or Advil, but why waste the Vicodin?? :P I would definitely keep up with the weight training. You don't wanna lose that muscle that you've built up over all these years when you lose the body fat. Keeping that muscle is gonna help you burn more fat further into your weight loss, and if you lose that, you lose that extra calorie-burning boost, since your body doesn't "need" that muscle to move it around anymore. Keep up with the strength training, you'll definitely thank yourself for it in the end.

gnat - thankfully the rest of mine are OK, this one had a cavity that I didn't get taken care of, and in the last 4 years it just got so bad, and I broke a part of the tooth off. Had to have emergency surgery to get it out, haha! And I know what you mean about exercising when other people are home. When my mom is here the only thing I can do is go on the treadmill, but I can't kick her out of the living room since that's where our only TV is.

----

So much for getting my exercise in, I promptly passed out after being on here last. I think that post was in the chat thread though, cause I remember posting something about dancing in my underwear like rainbow... Now I'm slightly less groggy and my tummy is saying FEEEEED MEEEE.

I was 208 this morning, but I'm not going to count that towards goal, since I'm pretty sure it's just water weight. I also haven't eaten nearly enough in the past few days, which might have something to do with it. I don't want my metabolism to shut down, so I definitely need to eat my 1600 calories for today. Funny how I reached my March goal in the course of 3 days.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

Prepping: Ugh, a cavity AND it broke? That's gotta suck Glad you're recovering well tho Keep up on your calories like you said - nobody likes it when metabolisms shut down.

----

So I made it to the gym today - I just got on the treadmill and did my first day of couch to 5K. My right thigh was throbbing after I was done - probably because of the ball class last night. Anyways, got home and I made myself a protein shake since I don't get a dinner break at work so it'll tie me over until I get home and make something healthy. Yay!
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

laneyy weighing nekkid is always the best! then you know it's all you and not your clothes! keep drinking water, hopefully that'll help flush out your system. i guess it's time to redo your march goal!

gnat i don't go to the gym either. i'm too ashamed. at least you're brave enough to do that! i wouldn't worry about it too much. it was just one of those embarrassing moments that happened that no one is going to remember. i always tell my hubby to leave the room when i work out. no one is allowed to watch me except the cat.

rainbow at least you moved around and sweat a little! better than nothing! even better that no one was around to see you, haha!

ishi thanks!

prepping what kind of seasonings did you use this time? it sounds so interesting! when i can finally start eating real food, i'm gonna try this!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

gnat, wtg with the running! I tried C25K but running is really not my thing. I can jog outside, sorta. I mostly just try to keep up to my dog.

Laneyy, there may be a quick loss over the last couple days, just make sure you don't get in a twist if it goes back up. Pretty understandable after not being able to eat! Hope everything's feeling a lot better.

jmko, I went for a chili/garlic combo and a cinnamon one. To be honest, they're okay but not awesome. Still working on it! I snagged a few little splenda packets to try with cocoa or cinnamon for the next time. Otherwise I think the popcorn tastes pretty okay plain too. Cuts out the chemicals i guess. (my DH isn't a fan as of yet)

So I have been making a real effort to be patient. I've averaged about 1500 calories/day over the last month (I calculated) and I keep reminding myself that I HAVE TO do my weight training in order to keep the muscles I have and shed the fat. But it's so easy to dream of the weightloss that comes naturally if you just don't eat as much. Of course that weightloss includes losing muscle mass and bone density which isn't a good thing... but it does give instant gratification without the work. Yet, I can not deny that I feel 100% better after working out too! I love my muscles! lordy lordy my head is messed. LoL

Guess I just needed a little vent. I so so so much want to be in the 170s but i have this fear that I won't ever actually lose anything since I've been sitting in the 180s for the last 2 years. And this whole weight training thing is fairly new to me to be using as part of weightloss. The only times I've done it in the past was specifically to build strength so the number on the scale didn't matter.

On the other side, I feel good. Did my ab workout routine yesterday. Feels like I must be getting smaller because my pants feel pretty big and my love handles and belly are not really showing. *sigh* I'll be fine.
I want chocolate. LoL

Last edited by prepping; 03-04-2011 at 02:21 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #50  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

laney cool binder! that is so neat. way to go!

gnat how awful for you! I am sure like ur instructor said it was old and over used. way to go on finishing your class! I get shy about working out in front of people too way to go on running!

prepping OMG I totally went to Sam's and bought a huge 16lb bag of popcorn! I think it was momentarily insane. My husband's eyes nearly fell out when I got home and I stood there lamely trying to justify my purchase. hahaha I know what you mean about being sick of sitting at a certain weight. I have been in the 150s way t long! sigh. And yeah we need to workout and keep our muscles ....put sometimes we do have a hard time getting it going.

rainbow way to go on your dinner accomplishments! and your workouts.

So ladies I am still doing ok, Went for a walk today...I ate a yummy chocolate and almond cookie but it was in my calories. muahahaha(evil laugh) other than that things are going well. Next week is the last week of dd treatments...so that is a relief.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

Prepping: I don't really know if C25K is my thing yet or not. I'm not a huge fan of running, but I don't mind the interval training. I prefer the elliptical hands down tho since my hamstrings aren't fully developed (I used to walk on my tippy toes as a kid all the time), so the non-impact helps a lot. P.S. Your dog is so cute!!! What's his/her name?

Sun: Glad you were able to take a nice walk today We still have snow on the ground here, but it's starting to melt now (again). Glad you only have 1 week of treatments left, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts

---

I worked the late shift again today (which I hate). I did Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video before I left and she kicked my a$$! I couldn't do some of the exercises in the video so I improvised something similar and within my comfort range. I feel like I'm toning up a lot - ladies at work keep telling me it looks like I've lost weight, but I havent The compliments are still nice tho.

I find that I get warm when I do my work outs (in the gym and at home), but breaking a sweat is very difficult for me. I'm not dehydrated - I consume 1/2 a gallon a water a day minimum...so I think I'm going to book and appointment with my doctor to see if something else is going on. My FI thinks I might have Anhidrosis - but it's hard to tell. Certain parts of my body get EXTREMELY hot due to my Fibromyalgia (my abdomen mostly) but other areas are freezing cold (like my feet/hands).

Anyways, hope everyone has a good Friday evening!
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #52  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

alright...a bit late but I am going to jump in here I need to stick on track mainly for my health. Because of my insulin resistance (i have pcos) I am supposed to cut out all refined (mainly white) carbs. I have been lacking this week. I eat a refined carb then feel pukey :\ I need to stop doing that. That is my goal for march is to be refined carb free.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #53  
sun

gnat the late shift must suck! But go you getting your exercise in before going to work. I don't know about you freezing hands

sms welcome! You can do it!

So things are soso this weekend. Not great but not over my calories. no exercise...too tired after dd treatments. hope you all are doing great
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #54  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

I too am going to jump in late to the party. The past few months I've been eating on a rampage and am up to 184, though I think TOM is around corner...Regardless, I'm so close to a normal weight. I can't let myself just float back up to where I started. Early November I was at 175 lbs. I really don't want to have gained 1Olbs back so I'm going to stop this this month and get to 178 by the the time this month ends. Good luck to all of you lovely ladies and let's do this March thing.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #55  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

206 this morning. TOM should be over soon, though I don't feel bloaty at all. Walked 3.9 miles last night, took my skinny friend with me, who of course had no trouble whatsoever getting up Cornwall's many hills... I literally have twice her body weight to drag around. I'm really excited with the progress I'm seeing, and hopefully this time 'round I'll be able to get under 200 and keep on this roll I'm on. Last time I tried losing weight was over the summer, before I met my boyfriend, and I got down to 204 but gained everything I had lost back. 2lbs to go before I get to 204 again, then it's just 5 more to Onederland. I haven't weighed less than 200lbs in nearly 4 years. I've never been a "normal" weight, but it's been since high school since I could even be considered "overweight". I have to get down to 168lbs to get back into the "overweight" category, and then down to 140 to get into the "normal" weight category.

I know I should be happy with the progress I've made so far. I'm 10lbs down from my starting weight and 20lbs down from my highest weight, but it just seems like I have such a long way to go.

I think I'm having Taco Bell guilt, even though it was within my calories for yesterday.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Sorry I've been a bit absent, I'm feeling pretty disheartened about the lack of loss over the past few weeks. I am around, I am still counting calories...bleh. Glad to see you guys are doing well!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #57  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneyy View Post
206 this morning. TOM should be over soon, though I don't feel bloaty at all. Walked 3.9 miles last night, took my skinny friend with me, who of course had no trouble whatsoever getting up Cornwall's many hills... I literally have twice her body weight to drag around. I'm really excited with the progress I'm seeing, and hopefully this time 'round I'll be able to get under 200 and keep on this roll I'm on. Last time I tried losing weight was over the summer, before I met my boyfriend, and I got down to 204 but gained everything I had lost back. 2lbs to go before I get to 204 again, then it's just 5 more to Onederland. I haven't weighed less than 200lbs in nearly 4 years. I've never been a "normal" weight, but it's been since high school since I could even be considered "overweight". I have to get down to 168lbs to get back into the "overweight" category, and then down to 140 to get into the "normal" weight category.

I know I should be happy with the progress I've made so far. I'm 10lbs down from my starting weight and 20lbs down from my highest weight, but it just seems like I have such a long way to go.

I think I'm having Taco Bell guilt, even though it was within my calories for yesterday.

I feel you! My goal is 200 lbs...im tall so for me "normal" is 180. I don't think I need to go anywhere under 200 though (for now anyway) my doctors told me to stay around 200 if i go too low it might make my pcos get bad for having too little fat! so to 200 for now. I started at 320. I am down almost 35 lbs and have 95 to go UGH. we can do it girl! oohh taco bell is so yummy! I cant have it though because of my pcos and IR If I want tacos I make them at home. Which coincidentally is whats for dinner tonight! you can do it!!!!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

sorry ladies, i'm feeling a little lazy to do personals right now. will do tomorrow.

I just ate 2 girlscout cookies. Crap. They were sitting in the office willing me to eat them, I swear! ARGH. I'm dying to get into the 140's too, and I'm so close! I was a solid 151.0 this morning. I hope this didn't screw me, and just kick-started my metabolism instead. I guess I'll just try to flush it out with water. Boo.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #59  
sun

red welcome!

laney You are doing so well hon., I know what you mean about hating to relose weight from before. I was 154 before xmas and am 159 right now.....woe is me..lol

rainbow keep going sweets...it will move again.

jmko oh cookies are hard to resist....you are so close to the 140s! you can do it!

So dd didn't sleep for the second night in a row and we are doing her treatments so I am beyond the word exhausted. She keeps falling asleep for 15 minutes and its only 7....i need energy and all i can think of is chocolate. Of course I can't workout with a pounding headache and no energy to even move. Life just plain sucks sometimes. sorry for being debbie downer
Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #60  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Hi all- I'd like to join in. I need some accountability.
I've been a lurker/member on tis site for a long time and I'm now at my highest weight ever. I know I have all the tools I need to lose this weight, I just have to actually make myself do it. I had a miscarriage this week, and it really put me into a different frame of mind about the health of my body. Not only the crap I eat, but the alcohol I drink, and the smoking, and my general lack of care for my body. I love hiking but I opt for sitting home all day watching movies on my boyfriend's days off because I can't get out of my comfort zone. I'm doing sort of badly at university because I don't have the discipline and self control not to skip class. I feel like I'm just feeding the irrational whims of a petulant child, against my will and all my better judgment. So I'm going to stop.
I want to go to bonnaroo this summer, and look hot on my 21st birthday at the end of may, and I want to hike the Appalachian Trail with my boyfriend and our best friend next year when I graduate. I want my body to be ready and healthy to have a baby, when it's time. I deserve this.
(I know this is kind of a self-centered pep talk- I'm trying to get back in the right frame of mind and I'm also studying like crazy for midterms since I missed a lot of class this week, so I don't have time right now to go back and read earlier posts and give personals. I will thought!)
I haven't weighed myself or started a particular eating plan- bf is at the store now buying some healthy food. I'm going to calorie count, about 1300-1500 a day to start out, and track my food each day. I'm also making a goal not to miss another class this semester, and to take the time EVERY day to put on make-up and a nice outfit, instead of going for lazy(possibly alcoholic, definitely hung over)-college-chick-chic in my pj's. I've gotten into a rut where I don't respect myself, and everything about my life reflects that. So I'm snapping out of it. Starting now
I hope everyone is well today.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote