UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 12:02 PM   #1  

Default Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

Sorry couldn't bring myself to change Delaneys original thread title!
Old 03-28-2002, 12:08 PM   #2  

I'd like to thank Delaney for starting this thread originally! It's the best in my humble opinion!
Old 03-28-2002, 12:37 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

I have broken up today until 17th April (Yes, Yes, Yes!!)

All Midland schools have broken up really late this time when you consider most schools had their last holiday a week later than us

Sarah, I clicked where you said "click here" for the calculator and I got gobbledeegook!!!! - help!!

jano
Old 03-28-2002, 01:13 PM   #4  

If its the real slimmers one just go to www.realslimmers.com then click on the calculator you want.
Old 03-29-2002, 03:49 AM   #5  

Thanks Veggie

There was a calculator to decide how many cals I need a day, it is

I was thinking it was probably 1200 but that would allow me more at the weekends, well it will, but not a lot!!

I must get more exercise!!
Old 03-29-2002, 05:07 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

That calorie calculator on Real Slimmers is a bit vague - Stef told me that we should base our diet on 1500 (although I think she meant our basal metabolic rate) and then, if we are very active, sort of eat to replace the calories we burn off in exercise.

For the couple of days I was eating 2000 cals a day and exercising off 500cals I did lose a pound I had temporarily gained and another pound, but somehow it seemed so 'indulgent' to eat 2000 cals - so now I am back to eating 1600cals and I'm not losing any weight at all even though I am exercising more (usually about 600-700cals a day, yesterday was 800cals!).

I think I'll give it another few of days (until Monday) and then have a re-think. This is stupid!
Old 03-29-2002, 05:33 AM   #7  

sarah it is not stupid!! at least you realise theres a glitch somewhere and are trying to fix it, me id just keep bumbling along maybe the 2000 cals is what you need to do because i can see stefs point if you are only eating 1600 and your burning on average 700 your body will hold on t the fat no matter how low the amount
bodies are complex things and i in know way claim to know a thing about the workings, maybe its the kind of foods your eating as your extras DH told me if i was going to really exercise that eating carbohydrates would benefit me as they are energy foods.......but still not seriously into this exercise thing if you get it sorted out sarah remember to share it with us as im sure one day ill be exercising as much as you are doing
Old 03-29-2002, 06:56 AM   #8  

Sarah, maybe you should try doing something totally different for a couple of days to shock your system into working again. I'm sure something like that would work. Change the foods you eat, I think the body gets used to the routine.. just a suggestion, can't think why the lbs aren't coming off.

A friend of mine who lost loads on SW got to a stage where she didn't lose for about 4 weeks. She ate like a pig for 2 days, got back on it, and wow they lbs came off again!!! - strange!!!

I am still struggling so maybe I'm no one to be giving advice, but I am trying to stay positive. Ive just bought slimming magazine and may have a go at some of the suggested meals in there after Wednesday, not a hope before that!
Old 03-29-2002, 07:46 AM   #9  

Angry

Sarah calm down stop weighing yourself all the time and relax! 2000 cals isn't indulgent its the amount if we'd all stuck to all our lives we'd be thinnys!

Im not struggling I feel very happy on my plan have drunk a few glasses of wine over what I should have but one thing at a time just back from walk by channel very nice!
Old 03-29-2002, 05:37 PM   #10  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

well I'm another one who doesn't know how our bodies work, I do know what works for me tho and I agree with Jano.
When I have had a few weeks of staying the same weight or only losing a pound, I have had a couple of days where I eat well over my calorie allowance and then cut back on it for a couple of days afterwards, it really does seem to make a difference and the pounds start to come off again, so maybe the shock tactic to the system really does work

Ali
Old 03-30-2002, 05:23 AM   #11  

hmm you could be right posy, i have one day off everyweek where i eat what i want without thinking about it and the lbs are dropping off it is the foirst time ive done this over all the diets ive done i find it less stressful too, because im not beating myself up about the things i eat on my day off
Old 03-30-2002, 09:11 AM   #12  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

I agree flumper. I think it also helps because it gives you something to look forward to and helps you stick with it for the rest of the week when you know you have a day coming up when you can have whatever you want without feeling guilty about it

Ali
Old 03-30-2002, 03:39 PM   #13  
Phat Chick

Has everyone gone into hiding because they are stuffing Easter Eggs?
Old 03-30-2002, 04:12 PM   #14  

I haven't had ANY chocolate
Old 03-30-2002, 09:44 PM   #15  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

So sad to hear of the Queen Mum dying today. I always thought she was such a fun loving lovely lady. It's not really been a very happy Golden jubilee year for the Queen now has it with her sister dying and now her Mum, I feel so sad for her.
Closed Thread