The premise of this diet is that your body burns more calories digesting this soup than it contains. This is a myth! You will probably lose weight with this diet, because it is extremely low in calories. However, most of weight loss will be water or lean mass, and you will regain it quickly. The diet is not nutritionally sound and many people become ill when following it. Some copies of this diet claim that it is given to patients that need to lose weight before surgery, but this is completely false.
The soup recipe may vary slightly, depending on where you received it.
1 head cabbage
6 green onions
2 green peppers
1 can diced tomatoes
1 bunch celery
1 pack Lipton onion soup mix
Some variations include a large can of V-8 juice
Cut the vegetables into bite size pieces. Add a little salt and pepper for flavor if you want. Mix everything in a large pot, and add enough water to cover everything. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down, and simmer until the veggies are soft.
* Day 1: Eat as much soup as you want, but eat only fruits(no bananas), drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice, and water.
* Day 2: Eat raw or cooked vegetables all you want, but avoid beans, peas and corn. No fruits, and eat all the cabbage soup you want. Have a baked potato with butter at dinner.
* Day 3: You can eat as much fruit and veggies as you want, but no baked potato.
* Day 4: Bananas and skimmed milk with as much cabbage soup as you want.
* Day 5: Eat 10 to 20 ounces of beef and up to 6 tomatoes. Eat cabbage soup at least once, and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water.
* Day 6: Stuff yourself with veggies and beef. Eat the cabbage soup at least once. No baked potato.
* Day 7: Stuff yourself with brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and veggies. Eat cabbage soup at least once. No bread, alcohol, or diet soda.