Anne Collins has more than 24 years experience in the nutrition field as a professional weight loss consultant and nutritionist. Her website gives members 9 diet plans to choose from, among them a low glycemic diet and low-carb diet. The diversity of Anne Collins’ diet programs means that many different people and body types can find a weight loss program that works for them.
The Premise: Anne Collins’ website offers 9 different diets, as well as a test to see which diet is right for you. By offering different types of diets, Anne Collins’ programs are applicable to a variety of people.
The Diets: The 9 diets offered by Anne Collins are as follows:
- The Low Carb Diet – This diet offers quick weight loss by cutting carbohydrate intake. Phase 1 of the low carb diet lasts for two weeks, during which you’ll be restricted to 30 grams of carbohydrate per day. Phase 2 is also two weeks, and ups your carbohydrate intake to 55 grams per day.
- The 14-Day Low Calorie Booster Diet – This diet is a temporary low-calorie diet which restricts your calorie consumption to 1000 calories per day. It offers fast weight loss, and it can be used to overcome a weight loss plateau.
- No-Nonsense Balanced Weight Loss Diet – This 28-day diet is customizable depending on the amount of weight you want to lose. Like the low calorie diet, its main focus is cutting calorie intake to help you lose weight quickly. Depending on how much weight you want to lose (and how much you currently weigh), you may be restricted to as little as 1100 calories per day.
- Low Glycemic Diet – This diet is ideal for those with diabetes or other blood sugar problems, or who are obese. It helps to maintain stable blood sugar and decrease hunger. On average, you will be restricted to 1100 calories per day of lean protean and low glycemic carbohydrates, as well as omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Diet – This diet promotes healthy, low-fat eating to reduce cholesterol levels. On average, you can expect to consume 1200 calories per day. This diet also offers exercise advice.
- 10-Minute Meals Diet – This diet is tailored for people who need a flexible eating plan and don’t have extra time to cook. Three daily meals provide about 1100 calories. Healthy fast-food choices are featured in this program.
- Vegetarian Quick-Start Diet – This diet is for vegetarians who eat milk and eggs, and it includes 90 healthy vegetarian recipes to follow. Around 1250 calories per day is recommended for this diet.
- Diet for Life – This diet is a long-term healthy diet meant to slowly lose and stabilize weight rather than quickly drop it. Because it’s long term, more calories are available per day with balanced and nutritious meals.
- Vegetarian Diet for Life – This diet is simply the vegetarian-friendly version of the Diet for Life.
What to get excited over: Anne Collins’ varied diet programs can be individually tailored to your specific needs. Her subscription costs are extremely low, compared to other online diet programs.
Things to Consider: Many of Anne’s diets feature very low calorie intakes, which have been known to slow the metabolism and may have other negative side effects. Most of the diet plans make only passing mention of exercise, and only cover the food side of the weight loss spectrum.
Verdict: It’s worth a try. Be careful about not getting enough calories, but otherwise, the low subscription costs and high level of personalization may be very helpful in meeting your weight loss goal.