Struggling to squeeze into a once comfortable pair of jeans is any woman’s nightmare. Prevent popping off buttons by doing these lower body toning exercises five to six days a week; you’ll feel great in no time!
Exercise #1: Butt Toning Series
This is a continuous series of exercises. For each exercise, do 15 reps and then continue onto the next exercise without rest. Once you’ve completed all the exercises on one leg, repeat on the other leg.
- Lay on your side with your lower arm straight out with your back, your head rested on your arm and your legs slightly bent. Leading with your heel, lift your top leg a few inches into the air, and then lower to starting position. Repeat.
- Bend your top knee to a 90 degree angle and lift a couple inches off the ground. Move your leg in a forward bicycle motion. After 15 reps, reverse so you’re doing the same thing backwards.
- Straighten your leg outward and make forward large circles for 15 reps, keeping your toes pointed. Then repeat in the reverse direction.
- Straighten your leg, with a slight bend at the knee, a couple inches off the ground. Make small forward circles for 15 reps, keeping your toes pointed, then reverse and repeat.
Exercise #2: Leg Lifts
- Lay on a mat, with your hands under your head (to make the exercise easier, put your hands under your butt).
- Lift your legs with your toes pointing to the ceiling.
- Lower your legs to right above the ground, and then spread your legs like your doing the splits while they are still hovering over the ground.
- Close your legs, and then return to the starting position and repeat. Do three sets of 15-20 reps.
Exercise #3: Outward Squats
- Take two light weight dumbbells, and lift them right above your shoulders.
- Spread your legs and point your toes outward, making sure your knees align up with them.
- Squat down, putting most of the pressure on your heels and making sure your knees do not go past your toes. Then, return to the starting position (to make exercise more difficult, hover for a couple seconds while legs are bent before returning to starting position). Do three sets of 15-20 reps.
Exercise #4: Front, Back and Side Kicks
- Stand with shoulders width apart, with knees slightly bent and arms in a punching position. Make sure you keep your core straight.
- Do 20 forward kicks on each side, keeping your toes pointed.
- Return to first position, and then do 20 backward kicks on each side, keeping your back heel facing the ceiling.
- Return to first position, and lean slightly to one side, and do 20 side kicks on each side while keeping your toes pointed.
- For an easier workout, you may tap your toe on the ground in between each rep of each exercise. If you want a more difficult exercise, don’t tap your toe on the ground between reps.
Exercise #5: Butt Raises
- Lay on a mat, with your arms at your side and palms facing down.
- Bend your knees to a 90 degree angle, where your feet are flat on the ground and your toes are facing forward.
- Lift your buttocks up off the floor, while squeezing at the same time.
- Hold for a couple seconds and return to starting position. Do 25-30 reps.
When doing these exercises, don’t be afraid to increase reps or sets when they get easy. By doing this, you can assure yourself the flab will be gone for good!