YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 01-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Week 2 Results
Week 2 Results
Here's my Week 2 Results...

1/1/07 Weight - 234.6
1/7/07 Weight - 229.8 (lost 4.8 pounds)
1/14/08 Weight - 224.6 (lost 5.2 this week and lost 10 total since 1/1/07)
TOTAL LOST SINCE LAST JANUARY 1, 2006 is 41.4 pounds

1/1/07 Waist Measurement - 43
1/7/07 Waist Measurement - 41.5 (lost 1.5 inches)
1/14/07 Waist Measurement - 39.5 (lost 1 inch this week, 2.5 inches total)

What I did this week...
*Walked 30 minutes every day (about 1.2 miles each day)
*Alternated upper and lower body workout everyday (about 30 minutes each day)
*Ate 3 meals and 2 snacks which were low in fat and sugar
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #77  

So great, Melody!!

There was a bit on YOU on 20/20 on Friday - if you go here, and click on "Diet Secrets", you can see some of the report.
katec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/226/135

Height: 5'3

Great job Melody! I bet you are really excited.
Giggles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #79  
I can do it this time.

I just bought this book yesterday because I watched it on 20/20 with my fiance. so far the book is pretty funny and interesting.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 152/145.5/125

Congratulations, Melody!
Your success has inspired me to get back on the program. It was just the thing I needed to hear today.
Thank you.

Last edited by Eating Thin; 01-15-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Eating Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #81  
Stacey

S/C/G: 173.5/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Post You on a Diet and Me

I bought the book after the new year and was excited to try a diet that seemed easy to follow... no counting points or ounces, something I could do. I skipped right to the diet and started that the next day. I am now going through the book to read what else they have to say and I like it so far. My first week I lost 5 pounds (which I contribute to water weight, but it still looks good on the scale!). I have never felt hungry and I find shopping and planning out meals to be much easier. I hope this diet is what I need to make a change in my lifestyle for good.
Think Thin Be Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #82  
Move it and lose it!!

S/C/G: 243/238/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey everbody-

Just checking in. I started the eating plan on Saturday. And have walked 30 min each day since Saturday! Should be finished reading the book tonight!
kristanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #83  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hello everyone! Happy new week. I didn't work yesterday, so it's "monday" for me today.

Yesterday was the end of my 2nd full week following YOU:. I should mention that I've been walking, but not doing the upper and lower body workouts. My fiance has been doing it as well.

My weight dropped 5#, but that's mostly water weight. My waist is down 1#
DF has lost 7# and 2" (!) on his waist.

I know I need to do some more intense cardio and workouts before I'll get the scale to budge, but I'm pretty happy about the 1" off my waist!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #84  

I started the diet full pledge on Sunday. My husband started with me and the kids are complaining some. I made turkey burgers last night with turkey bacon and they loved them. I have been so full after breakfast I had to make myself eat lunch today. I woke up this morning much better than I do when I am eating so many bad foods. My husband stated he would do this but Friday would be his day. The only real exercise I get right know is physical therapy 3 days a week since I am recovering an acl surgery. I am doing a few chores around the house. I kind of over did on Saturday eating out and doing my shopping to get started for better way of eating. It took me two hours almost at the grocery store. I was reading labels and trying to make the best choices.

Congrats on the inch and weight loss! I hope next week I will have some kind of results. Welcome to the newest members.

What type of butter are you guys using if any? I bought I can not believe its butter as I usually do. I have tried the smart blend before and it is kind of oily to me.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #85  
Lovin' Zumba!

Smart Balance and Earth Balance are the ones I've seen that are ok for YOU: I love ICBINB myself, but there is some partially hydrogenated oil in there, which we are supposed to avoid.
Cindy
Old 01-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #86  

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will try the smart balance again. I am like you on loving ICBINB. I have not seen the earth balance before.

Take care!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #87  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Hello to all,
I am new to this forum, but not new to trying to lose weight. I have been reading the YOU book and I really like it. Well, I must be serious this time because I just went shopping for some items on the list and I just had a Boco Burger on a sproted grain engish muffin with tomato and Smart Balance mayo. It was pretty darn good. AND I am full.
I do have some questions though, I was wondering how come nothing of ff cottage cheese is mentioned at all and if anybody found bread or english muffins without the HFCS. Today I bought some ones that are made with bean sports and soy and other stuff, but no bad stuff in them. I would rather find something a little english muffity, if you know what I mean.

Thanks, Agility-nut
256/250/170
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #88  
Lovin' Zumba!

Both my bread and english muffins have HFCS in them. But, it is not in the first 5 ingredients listed, the fiber content is 3g or higher per serving, and the sugar content is less than 4g per serving. I'm pretty sure that is the criteria it should meet.

My bread is Arnold's Natural 100% Whole Wheat, and my english muffins are Thomas' 100% whole wheat.

Now why didn't I think to check out Smart Balance mayo? Oh, and there is SB natural peanut butter too. DF snuck in some Skippy's natural - I didn't catch that the second ingredient was sugar, but since the grams of sugar per serving was low, I let him keep it.

I actually liked my store brand (Hannaford) ww pasta - I was pleasantly surprised. And DF ate it without complaining, so that's something too. Nice to find something easily and actually good. But, the spaghetti sauce we tried was not so good, so that search is back on. I'm guessing I will soon be trying to make my own! Does anyone have a brand they like that fits into this lifestyle?

I did my 2 miles on an elliptical today - didn't hold onto the rails, so it was sort of like jogging. Only took 24 minutes, but I think that was a much more intense workout than the 30 minutes of walking. My heart rate was definitely higher!
Cindy
Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #89  

Wow Cindy the eliptical is an excellent workout. The gym I used to go to had the ones, where you hold on to the two handles and worked your arms at the same time. I remember when I first started using it I could only do a few minutes at a time and work my way up to 30 minutes. I am jealous I want to work out so bad, but have to wait on my knee to recover.

Janis, I wanted to welcome you to the board. I have not looked for english muffins yet, but that is next on my list along with organic yogurt at Costco. I need to also find the aguave nectar. I guess I will have to go to the health food store for that one.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #90  
I can do it this time.

So far the book is really good. Yesterday I was reading about the fat that hangs off your stomache, and I viewed the picture and I was like oh god... i did that to my body. I just finished right now the domino effect to your arteries, I just bought this on Sunday and I just love it.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote