Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 04:44 PM   #46  

Loodie, I hope all went well with Allida's surgery. I'll keep hopes for a speedy recovery on the front burner.

Susan, good luck with your operation tomorrow. I'm sure all will be well -- make sure to let us know how you're doing!

Tina, have, um, fun? with your garage project! Boy, I don't envy you! But just THINK how many points you'll burn

Take care all!

Laura~
Old 06-14-2001, 05:20 PM   #47  
Susan

Hi,

Well, trying to make the most of my day. However, I'm slowing down, been up since 4:00 am. Just couldn't go back to sleep after getting up to go to the bathroom.

Tina - mix the bleach with water. I would just spray it on with a spray bottle. I don't think a little will hurt the walls. The bleach will kill the mold off. If not the mold will come back. I made the mistake of cleaning up water under the sink from a leak and not using bleach water. The mold came back. My mom told me about this. Good luck with the clean up!! I know it won't be fun but will be a relief to have it done.

Susan
Old 06-14-2001, 07:31 PM   #48  
Thursday Lady

Wow--I hadn't even thought about burning calories-that sounds good to me. I can change my attitude towards the work now. If I'm gonna lose some weight then I'll get started early.

I hope everyone has a good Friday (Susan, hope yours goes by quickly.).

Tina
Old 06-14-2001, 07:46 PM   #49  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hi all, I'm stuck here at work until late tonight (running production jobs), so thought I would jot off a quick note to let you all know that Allida's surgery was a success per doctors. What exactly that means to Allida--only time can tell. Thanks for your prayers.

I was down .5 this morning--even after all the walking. I did better before I exercised.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:52 PM   #50  
Thursday Lady

Linda, thanks for letting us know. I hope everything is fine.
Congrats on your loss, too.
Tina
Old 06-14-2001, 10:39 PM   #51  

I tried to post on the weigh-in thread and it wouldn't let me. So, I'll just let you all know that I am still up 3 pounds.

Today we decided to get the yard mowed before any storms popped up again. We made it! No storms!
First I went around the yard picking up sticks and small limbs that had blown out of trees with all the wind we had this week. Then I push mowed for 40 minutes. That was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long enough. It was over 90 degrees, and I do not do well with the heat.

Keep us posted on your niece please. It has to be so hard not knowing if there will be any differences in her after the surgery.
Old 06-15-2001, 08:10 PM   #52  
Thursday Lady

I hope Susan had a quick and successful surgery. Hopefully, she'll feel like getting online soon and letting us know how she is.

We wanted to clean out the garage today. Would you believe, it was raining this morning! Yes!
We got some things out and some things bagged for the trash guys. Tomorrow no rain is expected; so we'll open the door and take everything else out. My dryer smelled terrible. Someone told us how to take care of it. I hope it works. I don't want to buy a new one. We don't have flood insurance -- we have a $500.00 deductible. That's more than a new dryer would cost.

I hope y'all are having a good weekend.
Tina
Old 06-16-2001, 09:40 AM   #53  

This thing seems pretty slow this morning. I almost took a nap while it was loading! LOL

Tina, we've had that deductible problem too when we've been struck by lightning. We've lost a phone (or two), computer modem, the pump on our well where we used to live. These didn't all happen at the same time, so we had to replace out of our own pockets.

Good news! We have $200 that we didn't know we had!! I hadn't balanced our checkbook for a couple of months. Yesterday I sat down to do it. I found 3 mistakes that totaled $200 in our favor! I was excited, but a bit disgusted with myself for making silly mistakes. On one of them, I couldn't read Bob's writing. I thought it was a 4 and it was a 9 ($50 error). In another place, I had written a check for $30, but I deducted $80 (another $50 error). In another spot, I subtracted wrong (or borrowed wrong) for a $100 mistake. Not only do we have the $$ we didn't know we had, but the checkbook BALANCED!!!!!

Bob is having second thoughts about the real estate business. He has had 3 closings, but is very discouraged. He has some possibilites coming up, but he isn't very positive about them. He said that after we go back to school the end of August, he is going to look for a job so he can have a paycheck coming in. I don't want him to give up on the real estate completely and I've told him that. I thought maybe he could just get a part-time job, and still do the real estate. That way he would have time to devote to the real estate. Not sure what he plans to do.

Last year when he made the decision to go to school for this, he was so enthusiastic about a change. Everyone has told him that the first year is the most difficult. He works with great people, and I hate to see him get discouraged so much. Part of his problem too is that he has been sick off and on (mostly on) since Easter. He has been to the doctor 3 times, and has had so many prescriptions since then. The doctor called in a new pres. yesterday and it was over $100. Good thing we found that $200!! Sinus infection, allergies, the doctor isn't even sure what it is and why nothing is helping.

I sure am rambling all over the place this morning aren't I? Need to get going. The dog needs a bath, and so do I. Tim has drum lessons at 12:30. Then we are heading for WalMart to buy important things: paper plates, Pepsi, underwear!!!!
Old 06-16-2001, 12:40 PM   #54  
Susan

I'm alive. Surgery went well. Of course my menicus was torn again but this time on both sides. He said that there wasn't much of it. So he is going to monitor it since I'm a potential knee replacement candiate. I certainly will do everything in my power not to have this. I don't move fast, and crutches are a pain. I'm just lying around with my leg up for the next week.

Tina, sorry about the mess. How will you be able to fix the dryer? I heard ya'll were suppose to get more rain and I thought of you. Hope it doesn't do much, and it is all talk.

Loodie, glad to hear that your niece's surgery was a success.

Tammy, congrats on finding the extra money. Hang in there!!! I'm sorry that Bob is discouraged. I'm sure that the first year is a little slow. I'm sure it will pick up soon. I do know that allergies can make you feel horrible. Has he had allergy testing?

If I missed anyone, sorry. Off to take some pain pills and then a nap. (they make me sleepy.)

Susan
Old 06-16-2001, 01:55 PM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Wow, what a pain cleaning up!
I told Larry (husband) that if we had so much trouble just with a garage, I couldn't even imagine what others are going through losing their entire home.

I could see the water mark (we have at least 6 inches)in the garage. Two things upset me----I had stored our son's little rocker and beautiful wooden high chair in there. There was no other place for them. They were ruined. I was saving them for the grandchildren.
Who knows when I'll have any.

We put those two things by the curb with a "Free" sign on them. The rocker is gone.
It took forever to get everything out and then get the dirt out and use bleach everywhere. I'm pooped. Wonder how many points I burned? Lots!

Tammy I'm sorry Bob is thinking about giving up on reality. And, congrats on finding that money. I just balance my checkbook--didn't find money, though.

Susan, it's good to hear from you and know you're okay. I've never been on crutches but they look like they'd be hard to operate.
Take it easy.

Got to fininsh birthday shopping for Larry. He gets Father's Day and a b.day tomorrow.

Stay OP everyone.
Tina
Old 06-18-2001, 12:05 PM   #56  

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather here was beautiful, although now we're settling in for a week of rain.

Anyone know how much hair weighs? I got my hair cut yesterday (she took about 2 inches off, which was a tad more than I wanted, but it will grow back ), and I was down almost 4 pounds on the scale this morning. I'd like to believe that was from eating sensibly, working out in the yard and the end of TOM, but the hair thing seems awfully suspicious!

Tina, I'm glad your cleaning up is behind you. What an awful mess! But yes, I'm sure you burned OODLES of points!

Susan, I'm so happy to hear the surgery went well. After having been on crutches so often the past several years, I can certainly empathize. Hopefully you have someone to wait on you hand and foot!

Tammy, if you run out of ideas on how to spend your found money, holler. I'm sure I can help

I'm not feeling so hot today, so I might go home early and tuck into bed with some soup (soup?! It's 90 degrees, humid and rainy out! I MUST be sick!). Talk to ya later.

Laura~
Old 06-18-2001, 04:20 PM   #57  
Thursday Lady

Hi everyone!

Laura, I'm sorry you're feeling yucky. Soup??? You're right-that doesn't sound too good in this heat. Please take care and feel better soon--maybe tomorrow.

Mosquitos are everywhere. You open your car and they are waiting for you. Open your front door and they come in. We used a whole can of Off while working in the garage. I feel for our kitty. He doesn't even have fleas this year; but the mosquitos are after him!

Take care all.
Tina
Old 06-19-2001, 11:15 AM   #58  
Susan

Hello,

Well, it is a pain to be chair bound. The only time I'm allowed to get is up is to go to the bathroom (husband's order.) He went to work today, thank goodness!! He has been great but I think it would do me some good to get up a little. Still sore and real swollen. The under arms are raw from the cruthches.

Laura, Hope you are feeling better. I don't think your hair was worth 4 pounds. It's because you worked hard.

Tina, poor kitty I wonder if a flea collar would help with the Texas size Mosquitos!!! Hopefully the town will come around and spray. So are you one big bite?

I have my laptop so I'm able to surf and watch soaps at the same time (while the knee is up.)

Susan
Old 06-19-2001, 12:41 PM   #59  
Thursday Lady

it is a beautiful day! I am being soooo lazy on my day off. It's grand.

Susan, enjoy lazing off while you can. It will probably help that knee to heal faster, too.
Would you believe, I can't find any mosquito bites on me! That's strange. I'm sure there are some somewhere. We went into the garage last night and there weren't any. Unfortunately, we opened the side garage door. They were all waiting out there around the trash-old boards, etc. I ran inside to get my OFF.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Laura, I'm going for a hair cut. Think I will lose at least 1/2 pound???

Tammy, have you spent all your "found money" yet?

Tina
Old 06-20-2001, 10:05 AM   #60  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hello all, just wanted to jot off a note before you think I deserted you all again.

Tina, good job on getting the garage cleaned. I know what a yucky job that can be. Mosquitos don't help it at all.

Susan, glad to hear you are able to take it easy for awhile, but still be able to exercise (Isn't surfing the web exercise???) javascript:smilie('') If you are having problems with crutches--would a walker work better? Both my daughter & I have one, that we use on occasion, because it gives us greater freedom of movement.

Tammy, good job on finding money when balancing your checkbook. I always seem to lose money. Want to balance mine??

Laura, I got to tell you that you have got some really thick, heavy hair if having 2" cut off is worth 4 pounds. Congrats on the loss. I had 10" cut off mine a few months ago and I couldn't even tally a pound loss. Oh well.

Well better go--tomorrow is my weigh in day so I need to be sure not to have excessive salt today and drink my water. Good luck to you too.
Closed Thread