Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 10:24 PM   #16  
Susan

Hi All,

Well, survived another day without A/C. It actually wasn't that bad. Felt like my mom and dad's house, toasty warm. My husband brought in some huge fans Sun. night from the barn which has helped tremendously. They come repair it tomorrow. Thanks Thanks for all of your concern and encouragement!

Tina, hope the trip to the doctor was smooth and you only heard good news! Hope your weigh in was GREAT!

Dee, I love the color too along with the smilie faces. However the offline is still a mystery to me, since it says off line and I'm on.

Tammy, I'm so sorry about your aunt. I would not worry being up a couple of pounds since it has been so stressful. Are you enjoying your time off? I have to veg for a couple of days because I'm so tired at the beginning of summer. I know it sounds silly but only fellow teacher's understand.

Talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Susan
Old 06-06-2001, 09:50 AM   #17  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Wink

Thought I'd pop in real quick and wish everyone good luck on weighin this week. I think I'll do okay.

Tammy, How are you doing after the funeral? I know that after everyone leaves and life is back to "normal" is sometimes the harder time.

Tina, How did your mom come out with her appt.? At least it gave you a reason to sleep in.

Susan, you are making me think twice about wanting to move farther south. We are in Northern WI and looking forward to relocating in the next year or two. We really want to go farther south to get away from the extreme cold we have in the winter. I don't know that I want to go that far south to have those temps in June. (Ours are around 60 degrees now). Laura, your temps are pretty similar to ours I bet.

Dee, did you ever figure out how to change the online thing?

Well, back to work.

Old 06-06-2001, 12:17 PM   #18  
Susan

Angry

Ladies,

I figured it out...how to change the Off-line status!!!! Go to your profile, then edit options. The very first item is Change invisible status.... To show you are on line, Mark the NO!!. Your postings will indicate that you are on line. See what happens when you have a little time on your hands!!

I went for my pre-op appointment. Only to find out that I may some day need knee replacement. The doctor says that he feels pretty certain about it. Wow!! He also said I need to ride the bike a min. of 45 minutes a day. I'm starting today, that should help with my weight. Oh well, each day brings on new discoveries and challenges. I'm ready for next Friday. I'm fortunate, because there are people a lot worse of than me.

Loodie, I love Texas. You get use to the warm summers. Try it, you might like!!

Here's to a good weigh in !!!!
Old 06-06-2001, 08:40 PM   #19  

I am FINALLY finished in my classroom! School has been out since last Thursday, but I've been going through things in my room. Threw away quite a bit of junk. Have no idea why I was hanging on to it. A true packrat!

Today I cut cardboard and am planning (yea, right) to make math flashcards in my spare time this summer. I always plan to do things, but for some reason, it doesn't get accomplished. Today I found a grocery bag in the extra bedroom loaded with books that I wanted to take in to the school last fall!!!!! Where is my brain? I should just take it into the room tomorrow morning and stick it in a locker, because I know that I'll forget it by August.

Things have been OK since the funeral. I have thought about Aunt Doris every day, and I worry about Uncle Bill's health. I plan to go out for a visit soon, but I don't want to push. He has always enjoyed his solitude. I guess that comes from him being an only child.

We had an estimate for a new furnace and central air. The furnace we have was put in when the house was built (1954). The air conditioner was put in about 1971. We think we could get something that would be more cost efficient, what do you think? The estimate was less than I expected, so I think we are going to go for it. I'm sure it will pay for itself soon enough with the cost of gas and electric the way it is!

Have I rambled enough for today??
Old 06-07-2001, 06:20 PM   #20  
Susan

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Hey guess what!!! I have A/C. I was so glad to see the repair guy yesterday. He came about 3:00pm.

I went yesterday for my pre-op appointment. After looking at my x-rays the dr. said that I will most likely have to have knee replacement surgery before I'm 75. He said all of the conditions are there. So when he is in my knee next Friday, he is going to see what he can do to help correct some of the problem..... However, I go a reality check!! He said, "keep your weight down, and exercise on the stationary bike everyday for 45 minutes to an hour (work up to it)." Now, for some reason that hit home. :0

Today, I rode my bike 20 minutes and went to my meeting and stayed!!

Has any tried E-Tools? I'm curious to know what everyone thinks.

Susan
Old 06-07-2001, 09:29 PM   #21  

What is e-tools??????

I take it that the stationary bike is OK for people with knee problems. I didn't know that! My left knee hurts every now and then when I'm walking. Maybe I'll have to jump on the bike.
What about a real bike? Is that OK to use?

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you just wanted to hit your husband??????????

I did chicken thighs on the GF grill the other night. It was still pink in the middle and hubby growled about it. I stuck them in the microwave and they were fine then.

The next night I made sausage and macaroni and cheese. He made some comments about the mac.&ch. not being very good.

No complaints about last night's beef and noodles although I even thought they had too much broth!

Today I went to get my hair cut and colored. I usually get a perm, but had decided not to this time. Time for a change, you know? When I walked into the kitchen when I got home, he said, "I sure hope it looks better than what I'm seeing right now!" He wasn't kidding! Then he couldn't understand why I was upset.

MEN!
Old 06-08-2001, 09:55 AM   #22  
Susan

Tammy,

I have to say, I have days and weeks like that too. My husband is brutly honest. It is one of the things that I love about him and hate about him. I only like it when it is something that I want to hear. Other times, my feelings are hurt.

I don't get my hair permed anymore either. The guy I go to, thinks that if you get the right cut then you don't need one. My husband likes my hair about half the time. If it was on his head then can do with it what he wants.

Hang in there!! He might be having male PMS I have a male friend who swears by it.

The bike is good for the knees. I think the stationary bike is a little easier than the real bike. That's my guess since on a real one you have to balance and such. It the motion and non impact that's good. The dr. told me that walking (for exercising) wasn't good for my knee problems. Try it, it might help your knees out.

Well, I'm of to the hospital for an EKG and bloodwork. Never had an EKG before.

Susan
Old 06-08-2001, 11:43 PM   #23  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
Susan, how was your EKG??? I've had several and they make me so nervous - and, that's what you don't want to be.
I love my stationary bike. I need to start using it again.

It is rainnng soooo hard here tonight. We don't live near a bayou and I'm glad about that. However, our back yard becomes a pool. Yuk

I did good with my points today. I still have 2 left so I'm gonna go get a Skinny Cow.

Tina
Old 06-09-2001, 01:22 PM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Blub, blub, blub--
If any has been watching CNN or the Weather Channel, they know that Houston is under water--and I mean under water. We were lucky that it didn't get into our home. The water got up to the sidewalk. However, our backyard was one big pool and water went under the house and into our garage. We have a big job ahead of us, cleaning up the garage.

It's my birthday and the bakery is closed!
No cake My husband is getting one from the local grocery store.

Have a nice day.
Tina
Old 06-09-2001, 01:46 PM   #25  
Susan

Tina,

I'm sorry that you are down there with all of the rain, rain and more rain. You're very lucky that it didn't get in the house. However, what a mess!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Tina,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!
And Many More!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should celebrate as soon as the bakery re-opens. Have a birth month! I celebrate the entire week. Mine is the 25th.

The EKG was fine, however the hospital is a mess with construction. It took forever waiting for the lab work. Next Friday is the day.

Hang in there. I'm thinking about you. We've had no rain, just looks like it everyday.

Susan
Old 06-09-2001, 05:52 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Me again!

Susan, thank you so much for my song. That was great.
Guess what----the bakery opened and Larry got the cake. Yeah!!! The icing isn't what he asked for but who cares. ha..ha.. It took the owner and his wife 3 hrs to get to the shop. They live out near IAH (airport). The person who icings the cakes wasn't there, so they did the best they could.

Would you believe, they were doing a wedding today. WoW.....I bet the bride was extra nervous.

How long will you be in the hospital? I sure hope it goes well.

We are going to try making it to Outback Steakhouse tonight. Larry called there and they're open (unless it starts raining again).

Tina
Old 06-09-2001, 06:14 PM   #27  

I think I'm hungry! Bob isn't home, not sure when he will be. Supper may be bologna sandwiches!

Seafood still sounds good, but you mentioned Outback. I haven't been there in ages. We also like to go to Texas Roadhouse and Longhorn Steakhouse.

Thinking about calling my brothers to see if they want to come over and grill out tomorrow if it doesn't rain. We've had 3 (yes, three!!!) days in a row with no rain.

Tim and I went for a ride in the dune buggy earlier. I was having trouble shifting gears and it was jumping all over the place. How embarrassing! I should drive it where there is no one around that I know! Like in some other state.

Old 06-09-2001, 10:48 PM   #28  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, I'm so glad that you got a cake and are going out to dinner. Make the day special!! Hope ya'll made it safely. Please be careful getting out!

Tammy & Tina, Ya'll are making me hungry for something good. We had pimento cheese sandwiches tonight. I have been eating tomatoes all day long from my garden. Wish ya'll were here to share with you.

I'm only going to be in the hospital for the day. It is day surgery (arthoscopic) I won't be able to drive for at least a week since it is my right knee. I'll be on crutches for a while. Hopefully he won't have to do too much to it. I'll keep you posted.

I rode my bike again today, 3 days in a row. I'm up to 22 minutes and my behind goes numb. I'm working my way up.

I signed up for E-tools on the WW page. It's pretty cool. It figures all of your points etc.... charts your weight loss. I figured trying it would be the only way to see if I liked it.

Susan
Old 06-10-2001, 05:49 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon,
Tammy, did you grill out? Seafood does sound good.
We made it to Outback Steakhouse. Oohhh, it was so good. I totally "threw caution to the wind" yesterday (& my pts, too) and enjoyed my birthday. We started off with a grilled shrimp appetizer. There were 6 shrimp. My son didn't want any, so that gave us 2 each. Then came a green salad with everything in it. Then I had a 6 oz. steak with steamed veggies. I was almost too full for cake---did you get that--almost.

This afternoon, we drove on an overpass of one of the main freeways. It's really something seeing all that water covering the cars and vans....scarey.
Okay, I'm writing a book here.
Everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Tina
Old 06-11-2001, 10:58 AM   #30  

Hi folks!

Sorry I haven't been around much the last week. I was in classes all day Tuesday through Friday downtown, and then left for golf school for the weekend. Thank GOODNESS we finally had nice weather -- it was perfect, even if my nose is a bit red this morning .

I didn't weigh in last week because of class. This week should be interesting. I definitely did not eat "well" at golf school (they really didn't have interesting low-fat foods), but with the lessons and golfing, hopefully I burned up many of those calories (not to mention the rather considerable amount of wine we managed to drink at night! )

Tina, Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope it turned out to be wonderful. And I'm glad your water damage isn't worse than it is, although it still doesn't sound like fun. Yuck!

Susan, let us know what you think of the e-tools. I have Weight Commander at home, which I like for the tracking part, but always am on the lookout for new toys!

Tammy, sounds like you had fun with the dune buggy. I've never done that, but did have fun with golf carts over the weekend!

Talk to you all later.

Laura~
Closed Thread