Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for the New Year, 2005

Happy New Year!!!!!
I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve, even if it was staying at home and watching TV.
We had planned on going to a movie after we ate seafood. We were both so full and relaxed that we came home and did absolutely nothing!

For anyone new to this thread, we are a fun loving group who follow some form of WW. We used to all weigh-in on Thursdays (hence the name of the thread) but now weigh anytime during the week that's possible. Please come post with us.

I made resolutions this time.......and plan on keeping all. One is to lose 10 pounds!!!!!!! Anyone with me????
Tina
Old 01-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #2  

Happy New Year to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYEve was nice. We stayed home and ate shrimp like we've done for years. Tim went to Jessica's and was home by 12:30. Bob had to work this morning, so even though we were invited to different places for the evening, we chose to stay home.

Just returned from my classroom. I was there for 2 hours, and I still didn't get everything finished that I wanted to. My plans are ready for Monday, and I ran off handwriting homework papers for the month. Since the copier room was open, I may go back and run off some math timed tests after supper tonight. It's much easier to do when there is no one around.

Resolutions: More exercise!!! (like some!!) I haven't weighed, but I"m sure that I have more than 1 or 2 pounds now to hit -50. Hitting the big 50 will be my first goal. (the 50th pound, not the 50th birthday, in May) I know I can lose the weight, I just need to get back to it. May jumpstart myself with the South Beach again. That got me started last year.

Tammy
Old 01-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #3  

I really want to keep the loss going this year. I may keep on the ww program but go to tops meetings for the support. It really is getting expensive to go to the meetings.
I went for a ten minute walk on the treadmill tonight, the last time I tried it was 5 minutes and I barely could do it, so I guess losing 60+ pounds has made a difference.
Happy New Year to you all.
Ladies I know we all have it within us to succeed.!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #4  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Just stopped in to wish everyone a WONDERFUL 2005! I hope this year brings everyone much happiness and success. My biggest resolution is to get back OP and get to 199. I just want to get to one-derland, then take it from there. Have a great day......Sis
Old 01-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #5  

Mimi, way to go on the treadmill!! 10 minutes is great. Keep it up!!

Sis, I can relate with getting to one-derland!!! Let's do it!!!

I think going back to school tomorrow (icky poo) will help me get back on a schedule in the food area. This being home and able to grab stuff needs to stop. lol
Old 01-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
Mimi, ditto what Tammy said.
Sis, I have no doubt that you will be below 200 in no time.
It sounds like we are all resolved to lose.
Susan, how was Pat's band?
My husband has tomorrow off (holiday for New Year's) and after that, I'll get back to an exercise schedule and healthy eating. I need to eat more fruits and veggies and no fat/no cholestoral stuff.
Everyone have a good Monday.
Tina
Old 01-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #7  

Unhappy

I want to join you for you weigh in!!!! I am starting WW this week and cannot attend the meetings because of work. I thought that I would join the Online WW and try to meet with some of you here if you don't mind. I'm sweet!! (but not fattening) I was in WW in the mid 80'sand lost @ 40 pounds. I kept it off for a while, but , well......a-hem.....you know.. anyway...hope to see you Thursday. I really need your help. I think I will try the core diet rather that the flex....anybody have anything to say about that? There was not a choice the last time I was on WW.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #8  
Tina2 in some circles...

Smile

Hi! I'm new to the ww boards! I have been on ww for a year now. I still go to the meetings, I need the support. I had a rough holiday with family over and me having to cook. Gained a few, but it's a new year and will start again. Wow another Tina from TX! Happy New Year everyone!

Tina
Old 01-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

A big welcome to our new members!
Shadow , I understand about keeping it off for a time and then........
You are at the right place. We will be happy to support you along your way.

wafra66 - welcome to the group. Where in TX do you live? That makes three of us--Susan is also a Texan.
If y'all don't mind, tell us a little about yourselves

I had a healthy bagel for breakfast this morning. Since Larry is off, we are taking it easy. Maybe we'll get a Subway for lunch. I still have ham left from Saturday. Okay, it's not the healthiest thing but I've got to get rid of it.

Tammy, I hope you make it okay at school today.
Susan, how are you doing? How was the band the other night?
Sis, maybe we should form an exercise group. It would encourage me to stick with my exercising.

Mimi and Maureen---I know very little about Canadian weather. Will it get worse before it gets better?

Today, I'm putting away all the Christmas decorating odds and ends. I don't enjoy this part.
Have a good OP day!!!!!
Tina
Old 01-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #10  
Tina2 in some circles...

Well let's see. I am married, have a 17 year old daughter. She is a junior in high school. We live just northeast of Houston. I am a resource teacher (I teach computer in elementary school) and am taking some classes at the local college at night. Today was supposed to be an workday for me, but DD had surgery (wisdom teeth) and I'm home taking care of her. She's still loopy from the meds! I ususally go to meetings on Saturday. It's really hard to make a weekday meeting with work, college, and other assorted activities.

Well off to check on DD. Have a great afternoon!

Tina in TX
Old 01-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #11  

Sis: My short term goal is to get to <199 myself I know we both can do it this year.
Tina: Yes it will get worse before it gets better, almost all of our snow is gone this week we are having a mild week at about freezing +2 to -2 all week.
wafra; welcome, I have a 17 year old son and a 21 year old son. They both had their teeth out this year $$$(ouch) I hope your daughter feels better soon.
shadow; I hope you like the core plan it is really a healthy way to live.
Tammy; our kids go back Wed. the first time I can remember them going back in the middle of the week. 3 nights of treadmill and counting.
x3
Old 01-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #12  

Welcome to Shadow and the new Tina!!! Hooray!! More people to keep us motivated and keep our sanity!! (maybe)

I survived the first day back! The kids were so subdued, it was almost funny! A couple though were right back to the mouthy stage that they were in when school started in the fall. I guess 2 weeks was too long with their parents and their lack of discipline in the home. Oh my!!

Hey new Tina, I have a son that is soon to be 17. Maybe we could fix them up. Umm, I don't think Tim's girlfriend Jessica would be very happy if she read that! Tim had his wisdom teeth out a year ago. Lot's of fun. Not.

Mimi, I am so proud of you going to it on that treadmill!!!! I keep thinking that I need to get out there and do my treadmill, but here I sit. I guess I could do something after I get off of here. (nap????)
Old 01-03-2005, 09:25 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Wafra, maybe we better call you "Tina, jr." or maybe "Tina 2"
What do y'all think.?????
Tina
Old 01-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #14  
Tina2 in some circles...

Talking

Tina2 is good or TinaTX or TXTina or KwdTina (I live in Kingwood). Whatever is good for ya'll!

Tammy - I don't think your DS's girlfriend would be tooo happy to read that! LOL!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #15  

Well, I am also married, live in the sunny south, (not too far from Memphis)...and I am a Social Worker and Activity Director for the Psychiatric unit of our hospital. I have a daughter who married about 4 years ago and just blessed us with a beautiful baby boy last October. I LOVE this new part of my life, but somehow....everything has hit me all at once. You know, the age thing, and now the weight...What's a girl to do..LOL.
I play the piano, flute, clarinet, viola, got a floor harp for Christmas (don't have a clue how to play it yet) and ladder...(<-----ask me about that one sometime) and dabble in art. I used to list cooking as a hobby, but I am beginning to think that's not such a good hobby for me.

When I came home for lunch today...I signed up for the WW Online thing. I went to the grocery store after work and bought some of the foods I found listed. Coca Cola is going to be my biggest withdrawal problem. I started weaning off today and have a "classic" headache. I will begin the program tomorrow since I didn't have a clue about the foods to get. A friend of mine at work has been on WW for almost 1 year. She has lost over 50 pounds. She is on the Flex plan. I had said earlier that I planned to go on the Core, but since I see her EVERY day, and she is SO knowlegable about the plan, I decided to go with that. I can always change it later.

I guess I have rambled enough. I appreciate your warm welcome and look forward to your encouragement. In fact, I BEG for your encouragement. I might even pay for it...LOL...j/k
See you soon!!!!
Shadow (<-----I want to be a Shadow of myself , hence the name)
p.s.....Excuse the typos and/or spelling.... I be tired
Closed Thread