Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 05:08 AM   #61  

Thumbs down

Hi Girls

I'm here Just wanted to say hi & that I'll be back later to post.
Have to get ready for work.

Does anyone know where I can buy the old version of ET?

Love,
Es

PS Have a great day. Is everyone drinking their water?
Old 04-02-2002, 07:51 AM   #62  

Good morning everyone,

I just scrolled thru yesterday's posts and we all sound motivated. I did have a good day - stayed within the points and had a 3 mile walk on top of that!

I'll try to be back later. I'm trying to fit in my walk right now because I don't think it will work tonight.

Talk to you all later.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:58 AM   #63  

Morning,

Thank goodness for a new day. I am still motivated, I just need to find a way to not let frustrations cause me to over eat.

ES, thank you for reminding me about water. I drank a little yesterday, but not enough, I will do better today. BTW, hope you have a good day.

POGO, sounds like you have things under controll, keep up the good work.

Well, it looks as if I will have 3 weeks off in May and 3 weeks off in August if I go to school this summer. June and July will be consumed by school, but I want to make sure I finish within the four year period so I'm taking 3 classes this summer. I'm thinking about taking 6 this fall. If it gets too stressful, I realize I may have to drop 1 or 2 if I do.

I'll check in later on today.

Ruth
Old 04-02-2002, 03:53 PM   #64  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, I'm making a copy of our old E.T. for Brandon, if you like I'll make one for you also. Or I'd suggest you try ebay or Amazon. When Joey was young he had a stuffed ET he slept with every night.....my baby, where did those years go? !
Thanks for the reminder about the H2O

Ruth, wow! you'll have a full summer for sure if you take all those courses. Glad you're feeling almost 100%.

Pogo, 3 miles is great, way to go on the exercising.

HI to everyone

~Jen
Old 04-02-2002, 07:58 PM   #65  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Jen, it is so sweet of you to offer me a copy. I'm going to check the sites you said. I'm trying to get it for my nephew's little boy, Lil Louie. He's 6 yrs. old. If I can't find it maybe I'll take you up on your offer.

Ruth, your summer is booked. WTG on more classes. Glad to hear you're feeling better & still motivated.

Hey Pogo way to go on your walking. It makes you feel so good, doesn't it? I've been walking on my treadmill & doing resistance training afterwards. Nothing like exercising. Keeps us strong!

I had a good day today. In the afternoon I had a strong urge for chocolate but I had half of a protein bar instead. WW 2 point bars are so good. I ate one in the morning. I bought the cookie dough one & it's delicious.

Well ladies, till tomorrow

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 04-02-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #66  

Morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing great. I'm feeling pretty chipper this morning. I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly surprised to see the morning weight had decreased!! Instead of 163 I weighed 160 this morning. I made my daughter get on the scale, she actually weighed three pounds more than she did a few days ago. Then she weighed holding her 3 1/2 month old son and he weighs 13 lbs, and that is what the scale registered. In other words, I really did weigh 160!!! So, I'm really pumped for the moment.

I'm on my way out to meet a friend for lunch, I'm having a salad!! Then I have one more class today, then I must come home and study. I have two test next week.

I'll check in with you girls later.

Ruth
Old 04-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #67  

Thumbs down Howdy

Howdy pardners!

Ahhhhhh Zoe Girl! 30 lashes with a wet noodle for me! I wouldn't leave you out, not on purpose anyway Although I did say "Happy Easter Everyone" at the beginning of my post How are you girl? Have fun with Greg's niece - how old is she?

Jen - congrats on the .5 loss. Every little bit helps, like Es says, it all adds up. Good job! The wedding, once it got started (1 1/2 hrs. late!) was terrific. The bride was gorgeous (aren't they all?) My grandson Andrew caused a bit of a stir, he was the ring bearer and he has made it quite clear that he didn't want his mom to get married. So, apparently, at one point he handed her the pillow the ring comes on and said "I can't do this"! Oy, that was scary for her, but she took him into a room and talked to him and tried to reassure him (as did I and others) that he was the most important person in the world to her. Well, by the end of the night, he was actually toasting his mom and Cory And dancing and having a grand old time. So, I felt good about that as I'm sure his mom and new stepdad must have. Anyway, willie and I danced our butts off and had a ball (that was my exercise for the day, lol).

Es - mi amiga! Congrats to you for sitting down and planning meals, etc. That can be soooooo important. I know if I don't have my "supplies" here at work as well as home, I'm in trouble. How is it going starting your points at dinner time?

Ruth - Sounds like you had a really nice Easter with all your family, that's great. How are you feeling? How enthusiastic you sound about the spring challenge - you go girl!

Pogo - Glad to hear you're back with us. Great job on all the walking! I'm a die-hard Yankees fan, lol. How could I not be???

Sandy - Sooooo glad to hear your mom is doing so well. Happy Birthday to her! 75 - wow, what a milestone!

40x40 - Hope you had a great Easter.

Hi Myra and Terri - you guys are now both missing in action. Hope you're both doing well.

My mom, unfortunately is not doing well. In addition to all the problems she has, she now developed an infection in her lungs and it is resistant to antibiotics. So, that is not a good thing. But what amazes me is that the sicker she gets the more alert she seems. She still shakes her head yes and no, seems to recognize us and even smiles. She has the most amazing blue eyes and the other day I said to her "wow, your eyes are soooo blue, they look so pretty, almost as pretty as mine". And she smiled, so I know she knows I was joking with her. Anyway, they said she wouldn't last 3 days and as of yesterday, she's been in the hospital for 3 weeks. So, one day at time, right.

Well, I better get my butt back to work. Have a great day my friends. I'll try to get back here tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-03-2002, 11:51 AM   #68  

Unhappy

OMG!!!!!!!! Janie, I'm so sorry, I forgot to say hi to you! HI JANIE What's wrong with me??? How are you girl?

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-04-2002, 09:49 AM   #69  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, I love the 2 points bars also, they're so good. I feel guilty when I go in the WW center to purchase them, as I'm no longer a member. But why should they care if they're getting their $$$, right?

Ruth, congrats on the loss! Such a good feeling to have the scale be our friend. Good luck on those tests.

Dianne, sounds like the wedding was great. How old is Andrew? It sounds as tho it''ll be tough to share his Mom.

I had lunch yesterday with an old friend; stayed OP by having salad and black bean soup. I figured the soup couldn't have been that bad points-wise.....the alternative was broccoli-cheddar

hope everyone's doing well.......HI

~Jen
Old 04-04-2002, 02:08 PM   #70  

Talking

It's Essie! I don't want to confuse Zoe.

I'm on my lunch break. Just wanted to catch up a bit.

Dianne, I hope Andrew feels better about his step dad soon. I thought David was going to have a hard time when I met Pete. He was 9 yrs. old. At first he was alittle funny but since Pete has this way with kids he started to like him right away. He calls Pete his father. He never says step-father. They get along really well. So my amiga danced her butt off huh. Think of all the calories you burned. And had fun doing it! The points at dinner time seems to be working for me. I can eat lighter during the day. It's the night time that I'm the hungriest.(sp?)

Jen, I didn't know anybody could just walk in the WW centers & buy the bars. The only thing I don't like is that there is only 4 in a box. I'd rather have 6 for the week.

Ruth, congrats on your loss. How tall are you?

I'll be back this evening. I feel quilty doing this at work.

Later

Es
Old 04-04-2002, 02:44 PM   #71  

Hey Es & Jen - re: the ww bars - I have to tell you that I found Slimfast peanut butter crunch bars - OMG, delicious. BUTTTTTTTTT, they are 3 pts. each rather than 2. But you do get 6 in a box instead of 4 and they are sssssssssssssooooooo good. If you're happy with the ww bars, then maybe you should stick to them since they are only 2 pts. but for me, that extra point packs a lot more flavor. I like them much better than the ww bars. Just some trivial information I'm giving out, lol.

Talk to you's later!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-04-2002, 06:20 PM   #72  

Hi everyone,

Well, I thought I'd run in here a moment before I hit the books. I'm having as much trouble making myself study as I do staying on my diet!!

Es, I'm 5'1'', very short!! Just think, if I was about 5'8" I wouldn't be overweight. Oh well, that's life.

See you girls in the morning.

Ruth
Old 04-04-2002, 07:48 PM   #73  

Angry

Hi Girls

Dianne, I have to try the slimfast bars. I have a coupon for $1.00 off. I'm picking them up this weekend. Thanks

Ruth, I'm only an inch taller than you. I'm the shortest in my family.

I must confess that I've been going a little over my pts. each day. {{{{errrrrrrr}}}} but I've been exercising for an 1 1/2 hours. 3:30 am till 9:00 pm 27 pts. is not enough. I know, I know, the 0 pt. soup, more fruits & vegetables but they just don't cut it.

I got an email from Terri & now she's even having a hard time getting into the WW site. That would drive me nuts! They said it may have something to do with the cookies. ( cookies )

Well buddies, I have to sign off. Gotta wake up Pete so he could get ready for work.

Hasta manana - translation - till tomorow

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 04-04-2002 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:33 PM   #74  
Queen of the Fresh Start

See, cookies will do it to us every time! It's really a shame Terri's having the problems.

Dianne, thanks for the info about the Slimfast bars. I'll give them a try. There are so many bars on the market, I hesitate to try different ones until I hear some feedback. 6 in a box is definitely a good thing!

Es, I can only guess that they recognize me at WW and perhaps just assume I'm still a member. Or perhaps it's cause the last few times I've gone in, a meeting is about to start and there are people besides me entering and checking in, etc .

This week has been difficult in terms of night-time treats and sweets in general.

~Jen
Old 04-05-2002, 08:22 AM   #75  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello y'all ~ Just popping in for a moment. Greg's niece is here and so I will be scarce for the next week. I will try to come online a few times while she's here but I can't be sure. If not, I'll be here next Thursday. Have a wonderful week!!
Closed Thread