Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 07:07 PM   #46  

Hey everyone,

JEN, I totally understand where you're coming from with the test and with exercise. I feel the same way. I love walking when I'm doing it, but stopping long enough to do it is another thing. Eventually, when the weather warms up and it quits raining, I'm hoping that I become a fanatic about walking again.

As for the test, congratulations on the C. I felt the same way about my algebra test a few weeks ago. I didn't study for it because I thought it was a sure thing, when I took the test, I wasn't sure I past or not. Somehow I made an A, guess the good Lord was watching over me.

JANIE, glad to hear that your Passover Supper turned out ok. Now that your fil has left, you gain concentrate on WW again. Guess my excuse at the moment is my surgery. I'm waiting to feel better. LOL I've been weighing about 163 lately, so I guess I've gained about 5 or 6 lbs. But I'll get it off, as soon as the motivation kicks in!!

ES, yes, I'm feeling better. I don't have a bit of energy though. I went to the emergency room Wednesday with abdominal pains. The pain was really intense, to the point that I was clutching my side and holding my breath. I still don't know for sure what caused it, they took x-rays, did a pelvic, checked my urine and did blood work. It could have been anything from my ovaries to gas!!My doctors appointment was the next day, he pulled up the test from ER, my white cell count was down, so I may have some sort of virus. He said there is one going around that is causing severe abdominal pain, so maybe. I need to call my gyn and have my yearly exam done.

Well I've been up for a little while so I better go back to the couch.

Take care and hello to everybody that I missed!!

Ruth
Old 03-29-2002, 07:27 PM   #47  

Angry

Hello

I had quite a busy day today. Didn't get to exercise. I got 3 coupons in the mail to join WW, free registration. Do you think they sent me 3 since I've quit so many times & rejoined? I think I'm taking my butt up there tomorrow & join. I'll be busy tomorrow too. I have a hairdresser appt. then a manicure. After that I have to go buy some Easter baskets for my brother's kids & a pair of shoes for me.

Ruth I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you've been having. I tell you, the gas I had brought tears to my eyes. I had that for around 1 week. I will say a prayer for you for a quick recovery.

Since I've been out all day have to do a couple of things around here.

Have a good night everybody

Love,
Es
Old 03-29-2002, 10:28 PM   #48  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth, you must have been really hurting, that's a shame. I hope it winds down and you begin to feel better. Do you resume classes on Monday?
I wouldn't have felt so bad about the exam if I had blown it off and not studied. But I did put in extra studying/review in preparation.

Es, you have a busy day planned! I received one postcard from WW saying they missed me....but no offers of free reg., etc. Guess that they don'tmiss me that badly! Probably know I'll be back........
I feel that I've had a good week in terms of planning my meals. However, I have been overeating. I simply don't feel full sometimes. I try to concentrate on water when that happens, but it's not the same

Hi to everyone
Myra, happy holidays. Janie, enjoy your vacation! Dianne, Zoe, Pogo, Sandy, 4x4, ChicagoMs.

~Jen
Old 03-30-2002, 06:17 PM   #49  

Angry

Hi Buds

I want to start my spring challenge tomorrow. I had a rough week. This morning I decided to rejoin WW. I could not believe how much I weigh!!!!!! 181!!!! I guess my scale at home is not accurate. So now my 10% is 18. Geeezzz, what a disappointment.

Jen, I'm always hungry. My max is 27 pts. I need to add fruits & veggies. I haven't been eating them. Just an apple once in a while. It's time to get serious. I'll still be posting my weigh ins on Saturday but I'm officially starting tomorrow. Sorry you felt so bad about your C. You know you gave it your all & that's what counts.
Have a great day with the family tomorrow.

Ruth, hope you're feeling better.

HAPPY EASTER!!

Love,
Es

181/?/148
Old 03-31-2002, 08:18 AM   #50  

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all have a joyous day with your families.

I have the wedding today. I banked 5 points from yesterday for today and I've already chosen my meal - chicken and veggies. The 5 points is to help with the wedding cake

I was up .8 at wi yesterday, but I expected that. So, I'll just have to work hard this week coming and try to get at least 3 days in with the walking tapes. With my mom in the hospital, its been hard to get the exercise in cause I'm too tired when I get home from visiting her and working all day. But, I'm gonna make an extra effort this week. She's about the same, still on a respirator, but she seems to recognize us now and she shakes her head yes or no when you ask a question. She smiles at us too , that's a new thing.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great easter and enjoy your families and your food! I intend on having a great time at this wedding and plan to dance my A-- off and Willie's too

Es - congrats on starting over. Don't stress the 18 lbs and don't overwhelm yourself. One day at a time girl. Just think of staying on program day by day, don't think of weeks away. You can do it! You're still trying no matter what happens and you don't quit, that's the most important tool - perseverance!

Jen - Congrats on passing your test - you rock! Have a great day with Jess and family.

Ruth - Sorry to hear you were in pain and hope you'll return to normal soon. Have a great day.

Janie - Enjoy your trip!

Hi Myra, 40x40, Chicago Ms., Viola and Pogo - Happy Easter!

Hi Terry - Happy Easter to you and your family - we miss you mucho!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-31-2002, 05:16 PM   #51  

Angry

Hi Girls

Dianne, that's good news about your Mom. You must be exhausted between working & going to the hospital. Have a great time at the wedding. You'll get all your cardio in with all that dancing. Thanks for your advice on this cycle of mine. One thing for sure no matter how much I struggle I keep on keeping on. You all have been my motivation.

Jen, hope you're having a nice day with your family.

Hope everybody else is enjoying this blessed day.

Love,
Es
Old 03-31-2002, 07:48 PM   #52  

Happy Easter to you too Dianne! Happy Easter to all the fabulous 40s!
Old 03-31-2002, 10:33 PM   #53  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone's Easter was what they wanted it to be. We had a good day; a fun visit with the kids. Now where's that spring weather?

I neglected to post yesterday's weigh-in: 227/22.7/2 ( a loss of .5 )

Could have been worse, but should have been better. I'm determined to make this a productive week.

more tomorrow, 'night!
~Jen
Old 04-01-2002, 04:53 AM   #54  

Angry

Hi Buddies,

Happy Monday New week. Yesterday was nice & quiet for us. After church we ate & just watched TV. Pete had to work last night so I didn't want to go anywhere. He really likes the night shift. Dave called me around 3 times. I guess he felt guilty that he had to work. I told him if it were me getting payed triple time, no way would I pass that up. He said he'll be off next weekend & he was to "hang out" with his mom. Too cute.

Jen, congrats on your loss. A little here a little there adds up after a while. You're going in the right direction.

When I get home from work I'm going to work out then I'll sit down & plan my menu for the week. I'm still sticking to my first meal in the evening. I am very very disappointed with my weigh-in. I haven't weighed this much since David was around 4 yrs. old!!! I'll stop whining & complaining, I have to JUST DO IT!

Well Girls, have to get ready for work.

Hi Zoe, 40by40, Dianne, Ruth, Myra, Viola, Pogo & Terri

Have a great OP day.

Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 04-01-2002 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:47 AM   #55  

Default Spring Challenge!

Hi everyone,
My computer has been broken, but I'm back. I missed checking in with everyone. I was just starting to get motivated again. I figure I have 15 pounds to lose by the first day of summer - that's about 82 days away if I've counted correctly. That's .8 pounds per week....that's extremely possible, don't you think?

So, the first day of spring was a couple of weeks ago - how's everyone doing? I think I weighed 155 when I weighed in 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure. (I leave my weigh-in record at WW because I always lose it at home.)

Yesterday we celebrated Easter at my sister-in-law's. I think I stayed "within reason". Ham, salad, potatoes, diet soda, a small slice of choc. cake with a small scoop of ice cream and one small mint c.c. brownie. Believe me, I could have had more. Then I took 2 walks when we got home! Probably got in between 3 and 4 miles.

My plan for the day is to work, come home and walk, do some computer stuff at home, and maybe walk again. Oh, and I'll be listening to my favorite team, the Boston Red Sox! It's opening day! Anybody else a baseball fan?
Old 04-01-2002, 08:50 AM   #56  

Hi Buddies,

I am really ready for a fresh start, and feeling gung ho about it!

My mom is doing so well after this latest surgery, that I am stunned. She had a dreadful car accident in November of 1998. At that time she broke both femurs, her ankle, and her pelvis. I feel like she has been suffering Humpty Dumpty's fate all this time. We finally are seeing her back on her feet. This latest surgery was a total knee replacement and a partial artificial femur. She is now walking with a walker. When I saw her cross the room, I had the biggest goofy grin and tears streaming down my face. We have all had such a long haul over the past several years, that all of us are incredulous that she may be getting her independence back. By the way today is her birthday. Happy 75th Mom!

Ruth I hope you mend quickly from your surgery. I was sorry to hear that you are dealing with a lot of gas pain. That can be scary as it can be severe and hard to identify too.

Dianne That is encouraging news about your mom, I hope she is on her way back to you all!

I can finally face counting my points this week again. In fact I am relieved to have nothing looming this week that involves food.
Last week I had nothing but eating occasions. A dinner party, a wedding shower, my son Greg's birthday, a Passover seder, a restaurant dinner, a brunch, and Easter Sunday dinner.

Hi Essie, Janie, Jen, Myra, Viola, Pogo, Zoe

Yahoo, back on program
Sandy
Old 04-01-2002, 09:29 AM   #57  

Morning,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Thankfully the weather finally cleared up and we had a nice day yesterday. We went to my aunt's for a cookout. Both my daughter's, their boyfriends and the grandbabies went also. My aunt only has one son and he does not have any children, so she enjoyed borrowing mine for the day. Of course, my own mother was in heaven with all four of her great grandchildren running around!!

SANDY, give your mom a big hug and kiss from all of us here!! In fact, giver her two, one for the great accomplishments after this last surgery and the other for her birthday!! I am so glad that things are turning around for you guys. Will there need to be anymore surgeries. I really feel like a big baby with all the whining about my little surgery. I haven't been through anything compared to your mom. (Hanging my head in shame!!)

I am so encouraged by the start of a new month. I am eager to get back on track and will do so today!!! I'm just a week and a half behind on my start for Spring challenge, but I will be reporting losses SOOOON!!

POGO, Welcome back, we have missed you. I hate when my computer is down. It's as if you lose touch with part of the world.

ES, no use crying over spilled milk!! As you said, JUST DO IT!! But, I definitely know how you feel. I had a few weeks of being under 160 and now I'm back up to about 165. But, with the new month is a new start. I know you guys started the first day of Spring, I'm just a little slow!!

JEN, any loss is a good loss. I haven't had a loss in over a month, my weight has been going in the opposite direction. So hang in there and with each ounce you will eventually see pounds disappear.

Well I'm off to school. Life is back to normal. I'll check in with ya'll later.

Hi Zoe, Dianne, 40by40, Myra, Janie, hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Ruth
Old 04-01-2002, 10:01 AM   #58  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi! It looks as though everyone's back, raring and ready to go. I was pleased to see posts from so many this morning.

Dianne, it sounds as though your Mom is slowly making progress, good for her. Between running back and forth to the hospital and work, take time for Dianne How was the wedding?

Es, good idea about planning the menus for the week, which helps eliminate bad spur-of-the-moment decisions. None of us are where we were 20 or more years ago You're doing so much good for your body by sticking with the exercising. Hang in there, you will DO IT. I don't know if it was a rerun...but did you see Derek Jeter on Sat. Night Live? what a hunk....

Sandy, your Mom has been thru so much! My best to her upon the momentous 75 birthday. You definitely sound relieved. Way to go on getting back OP!!

Ruth, wow you had all the generations together yesterday, how cool. Good job on beginning your Spring Challenge!! We'll all be LIGHTER by June 21st.

Pogo, glad your computer is fixed. What did we do without them? Good going on the walking. I'm a Bears (football) fan, but will admit that I begin to follow the Cubs when they're doing well, as they did last year. Nice to know that today's Opening Day.....means warm weather will be here soon!

Myra, you said this is your busy time of year....hope you're doing well, and that your holidays were good.

Have a great OP Monday!
~Jen
Old 04-01-2002, 09:04 PM   #59  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was quiet but it was good.

I am busy, busy, busy....today was one of the LONGEST work days I've had in awhile. I'm now getting ready (the house, etc) for Greg's niece who will be visiting us for a week. She gets here Thursday night and stays until the following Thursday. I have so much to do! <sigh>

I'm going to try to touch on each of you but fast....sorry.

Jen ~ I think a high C is a great score. You passed and that's great

Sandy ~ Happy 75th to your Mom and I'm glad she's doing well now. She is one tough lady...(thank you Lord)

Ruth ~ How's that gas? And the incision? Healing well I hope. I know what you're going through.

Dianne ~ Gee, no Happy Easter and Hello for me?? <sniff, sniff> .....hahaha.....just kidding. I'm so glad that your mom is slowing recovering......I pray she'll continue.

Pogo ~ welcome back. I hate when my computer is broken but then, I just call my son to get it up and going. Glad you here again.

Janie ~ Have a great trip!

Es ~ When I plan my meals for a week or at least 4 or so days, that's when I do the best. good luck.

40x40 ~ Good to hear from you. I was wondering where you were

Terri ~ hope you're back soon......we miss ya!

I hope I didn't miss anyone....gotta run. Have a great Monday night.

Zoe <><
Old 04-01-2002, 11:49 PM   #60  

Evening ladies,

Okay, I'll confess, I didn't do well today on my fresh start today. Between peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and pizza for supper, I pretty sure I went over my points!!

Tomorrow is a new day and I will perservere.

ZOE, the gas is definitely gone. That is the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. I think I'm just about back to normal, except for the tenderness just below the navel. Thanks for asking.

DIANNE, sorry, I missed you the last time I checked in, but then I was in here just quickly before I left for school. How was the wedding? Glad to here that there is some improvement with your mom. I know it seems slow, but just hang in there. You are still in our prayers.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'll check in with you in the morning.

Ruth
Closed Thread