Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 01:16 PM   #16  

Dianne,
That is such encouraging news about your mom. I will continue to keep you and her both in my prayers. Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it.
You too Es!

Everyone,
My FIL. Mike, arrives today. We'll be driving into SF to pick him up from Steve's sister, Janet's house. We will also be eating dinner out again because today is Nik (Janet's DH) birthday. I have MIke's quilt almost finished. Just hand work left, so I won't need to kick him out of the guest room to use my sewing machine. If I stay up tonight after he goes to bed, I should be able to get it finished before the big day. 80 years old, wow BTW, we just found out he has a new girlfriend. He hasn't even been separated 3 months yet. The plot thickens.... I have heard of a mid life crisis but this seems like a near end of life crisis. Am I being too critical?

Ellen and I had a good evening together. We had fast food (I allowed for the points) and then went home, watched a video, and snuggled under the quilt as I worked on it. She is still very affectionate. I understand that starts to fade when they get to middle school, so I enjoy every precious minute of it while I've got it.

Hugs to all,
JanieD
Old 03-22-2002, 06:04 PM   #17  

Angry

Hi Buds

Dianne, hope your Mom will be okay. How old is she? My Mom passed away at 62. I wish she was still around. I didn't know you were in the 150's!!!! Wow!! You're almost there. You crack me up with "those blue balls" How much do they weigh?

Jen, it's so convenient working out at home. This is why I invested in a treadmill. I do enjoy walking outside when it's warm. It is so cold here today!!!!! The warm weather will be here before you know it.

Has anyone heard from Terri? I guess she's not coming back.

Janie, your FIL must have been something else in his younger years. Maybe Ellen will always be affectionate. David is always hugging & kissing me & it doesn't matter where we are. It feels so good.

I struggled a little bit today with staying OP. Fridays are hard for me. I'll do better tomorrow.

Have a goodnight everyone.

Es
Old 03-23-2002, 02:20 AM   #18  

Hey girls,

How is everyone? I had the surgery today to remove my gall bladder. I've spent most of the day lying on the sofa sleeping. I'm definitely a little sore. I can't wait to start feeling normal again.

I'll check in and write more when later. I'm off to the sofa again.

Ruth
Old 03-23-2002, 02:31 AM   #19  

Here are my stats for our challenge.

165/16/0

I will post every Saturday also. I'm s little bloated after the surgery, so the 165 may drop pretty quickly. "I hope so anyway".

I think I'll post my menu everyday to the journal thread, maybe that will keep me honest!! I am so read to get out of this rut!!

Night,

ruth
Old 03-23-2002, 08:24 AM   #20  

Angry

Hi Ruth,

I hope you have a quick recovery. You need a lot of rest. I heard gall bladder surgery is very painful.

Saturday weigh-in,
178/176/161

Be back later

Es
Old 03-23-2002, 09:31 AM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Saturday weigh-in: 227/22.7/1.5

Dianne, that is definitely good news about your Mom. She sounds like a real fighter; I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. I saw the Leslie Sansone tapes at a video store yesterday, they were $25 for a set of 3.....but no blue balls! I knew you had ordered them from Amazon, so I'm going there next. Why not get more for my money?

Janie, I hope your FIL's visit goes well. At his age, why not have some fun? Life is way too short; maybe that's the way he looks at it. Everyone just wants to be loved, right?

Ruth, rest and take good care of yourself! You've got the week off to do just that. I hope you're not in too much pain.

Well, it's the weekend, the most challenging time for me, program-wise. Have to guzzle my water and journal journal journal!

HI to Terri, Myra, Sandy, Zoe, Viola, Pogo, ChicagoMS, 4x4......come on, girls, where are you all??

have a great Saturday!
~Jen
Old 03-23-2002, 12:16 PM   #22  

Morning guys:

Well, unfortunately, my mom had to go back on the respirator yesterday because she isn't coughing and getting rid of the mucus (sp??) on her own. And I just got a call from the doctor asking my permission for a blood transfusion because her hemoglobin in down. So, we are waiting for my sister to meet us here and then we'll go to the hospital to see what's what. Alana came home last night for spring break and I'm really glad she's here. I'll post again tonight maybe.

Es - my mom is 68 which in this day and age isn't all that old.
Yes, I'm 150 exactly as of last saturday and today's wi showed that I stayed the same. I'm happy for that since I haven't been doing great this past week because I haven't been able to exercise. After work, and then going to the hospital until 9:30 or so, I don't have energy to start exercising. So I'm actually very happy that I stayed the same.

Girls I think I will keep my original 10% figures because I just realized that since I'm 150 now, if I lose the 15 lbs., that will not only take care of the 10% but also ww's goal for me (145) and my own personal goal of 135! So I'll stick with the 158.2/15.8/8.2 if that's okay with you.......I don't really want to do all 3 things at one time. This way I have about 7 lbs to go to reach the 10%, 5 lbs to reach ww goal (I didn't even realize that until today) and 15 lbs to reach my personal goal. K????

Jen - Yeah go for the tapes and the balls (they are supposed to weigh 2 lbs each, but maybe I filled them up toooo much, I'll have to weigh them )

Ruth - Take of yourself girl, hope you heal quickly. Rest, relax. Don't even think about school.

Hi Janie - don't worry, Alana is 18 going on 19 and in college and she's still very affectionate. She's always saying "lay down with me mama and watch this movieI'm incredibly blessed with that child!!!"

Hi Pogo, Myra - you okay???, Zoe girl, I still haven't tried out the animation instuctions but I will soon (thanks), Viola, 40x40 (please give us your name!), and Chicago Ms.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Old 03-23-2002, 02:25 PM   #23  

Hi decemberdianne! I have been out of town some. But, guess what? I have a new keychain!! Lost 1.4 this past week and that put me over my 10%. I am very happy because I have quit in the past before getting to this point. So now I am newly motivated. How was your week?

220/198.6/150
Old 03-23-2002, 02:27 PM   #24  

Dianne - my prayers are with you and your mom. Hope all turns out well. Keep up your strength and try to have a good week. We'll be thinking of you.
Old 03-23-2002, 11:16 PM   #25  

Hi girls, Zoe or anyone else that has had gall bladder removed, can you tell me how long this bloated feeling is gonna last. I'm miserable. My stomach is tight and hard and I'm really sore.

Thanks
Ruth
Old 03-24-2002, 08:13 AM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne, enjoy Alana's visit! I'm sure her time at home during break will be a welcome respite from the worries about your Mom. And hey, however you want to post your stats is fine. You're soooo close, I don't blame you for the way you're doing it! You know we're easy here....lol

Ruth, a friend of mine had gallbladder lap. surgery a few years ago; she also suffered from what you're experiencing. It's like any other surgical procedure, I think, that with each day it gets better/the pain and swelling lessen. If you're worried, call your dr. Better to put your fears at rest so you can relax and heal.

Jess and Mike came over for dinner last night; we had a fun evening with the boys. Matthew is hysterical....he's 20 months and all he says is "yeah" and growls whenever he's happy! He's got the most beautiful long dark eyelashes, they look artificial. Brandon is my bud......I can't believe how quickly he's growing up. He's on spring break this week, and mine is the next, so we won't be able to get together as I had hoped.

Oscars tonight! Es, you go to the show often, have you seen all the films that are up for awards? I've only seen Moulin Rouge. I woke up early this morning, so it's doubtful I'll still be awake for the end of the show.

They're forecasting snow for this evening and tomorrow; I'm going to walk this morning before anything starts. I can't wait to put away the earwarmers and mittens!

~Jen
Old 03-24-2002, 09:08 AM   #27  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

I am trying to get an early start today, skipping church and getting done here. I have things to do here, have to go to to the store and this black tie thingy is at 6:30 tonight. I wish it wasn't on a Sunday but it's coinciding with the Academy Awards to it had to be tonight.

Ok Ladies, I think I'm going to stick with my orginal stats, making the Spring Challange a new beginning....so when I started on the first day of spring, my loss so far was zero. Whatever everyone else wants to do is fine ~ I just want to see what I can do during the spring season. Good luck to everyone!!

Ruth ~ When I had my gall bladder in September of 2000, I recouperated fairly quickly. I didn't have the bloated feeling at all but my friend, who had her's out shortly after me, had it for a week or so. Everyone is different. I never had gall stones but I did have pains in my upper stomache, like a heart attack!! I've heard of people having that bloating for a up to 10 days. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Jen ~ wouldn't we give anything for eyelashes like that??? Speaking of the Oscar's, tonight's affair is going to be just like the Oscar's. There will be valet parking with a red carpet walk up, fans (actor's) will be cheering on the sidelines and the lady from channel 5 news is supposed to be there "interviewing" people. Corny, huh? It's for charity so it will be nice. There will be about 4 BIG screens to show the awards, just as if we were there.

40x40 ~ Congrats on your loss of 1.4 and expecially getting to your 10%!!! You must feel great!

Dianne ~ oh, my friend, I am so sorry about your Mom's relapse. Keep us posted....we are praying. Let me know when you try those files.

Hi to everyone else.....gotta run....so much to do today before we go out......have a great day!!

Zoe <><
Wednesday weigh in
194/19.4/0
Old 03-24-2002, 04:12 PM   #28  

Angry

Hi Girls

Jen, I'm going to tape the Oscars. I know I will fall asleep.
Matthew sounds so cute. I would do anything to have long lashes. Too bad about spring break. Brandon would have loved it and you too! I wish I had a spring break We're suppose to be getting snow, sleet, rain. I hate driving in it but I have to go work.

Zoe, could you send me the animations instructions? I don't like Sunday functions because of having to wake up early to go to work. Have fun tonight.

Ruth, how are you doing today? Like Jen said, each day will get better. When I had my hysterectomy back in 1992 I had a lot of gas & it was soooo painful. I use to walk around back & forth.

40by40, congratulations on your loss!!! Must feel great huh? WTG!!!

Dianne, sorry about your Mom. I'm so glad Aana will be home with you. You maintained which is a good thing. I wouldn't worry about exercising. That can always come later. Take care of yourself okay?

Hi Janie, Myra, Sandy, Pogo & ChicagoMs

Till tomorrow!

Hugs,
Es
Old 03-24-2002, 05:20 PM   #29  

HI gals,
Just thought that I would pop in to say I haven't been terribly good about staying OP cause my FIL is in town and he is a chocoholic. Like most addicts he doesn't like to indulge alone...So consequently I am forced, against my will of course, to imbibe in the terrible brown stuff

Hugs,

JanieD
Old 03-25-2002, 03:00 AM   #30  

Hey girls,

Well each day seems to be getting a little easier. I was miserable last night, but the gas is easing some. It has been 17 years since my hysterectomy so I really can't remember what it felt like. For the most part, I've always been healthy. Guess that is why I can't tolerate discomfort.

Well, its late, I better get back to bed. I'll check in with you tomorrow.

Ruth
Closed Thread