Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #31  

Default Good morning

Good Morning buddies

40x40 - Congrats on your 1.4 loss and 10% keychain - that's fantastic, great job.

Jen - The boys sound ssssssoooooo cute. And isn't it always the boys that get the gorgeous eyelashes? When Justin was little, his eyelashes used to get stuck together, they were so long and dark. But then Alana got the beautiful hazel eyes, so it balanced out, Sorry you and brandon don't have spring break together

Zoe - How did the party go?? I hope you and Greg had a great time. I'm gonna try to attach a file at the end of this post to see if it works or not.

Ruth - I'm glad you feel a bit better. It will get better everyday, like Jen says, once the swelling starts going down. Take care of you girl.

Es - mi amiga - how are you doing. Did you get the snow, sleet, etc. We didn't get any of that in the city.

Janie - you poor thing, how you must be suffering being forced to eat that chocolate with you FIL How did his birtday celebration go?

Hey Myra - how are you girl, I haven't seen a post from you for awhile. You okay?

Hi to Pogo, Viola and Chicago Ms.

Well, gonna take a break from the hospital tonight. I have bowling and I missed it last week.

I'll talk to you's soon. Have a great Monday.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-25-2002, 10:33 AM   #32  

Unhappy

Zoe - it didn't work for me. I must be doing something wrong. I renamed the animation just adding .jpg. at the end. When I try to attach it, its says something about it must be jpg jpeg???

Dianne
Old 03-25-2002, 11:33 AM   #33  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, I'm sooo very sorry to hear you had to suffer thru your FIL's addiction along with him. Also hope it was good!

Ruth, glad you're a bit better each day.

Zoe, how was the affair last night? Sounds like it would have been cool. Where you on the news?

Es, I actually stayed up till the end of the Oscars....the first time in years

The weekend was not as bad as I had feared. With a lot of determination, and just a bit of back-sliding, I was able to end each day being over on my points by only 5. Normally I don't even count points on the weekends.

will probably be back later,
~Jen
Old 03-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #34  

Hi gals,
Thank you so much for being so sympathetic regarding the FIL choc addiction. It has been really rough, let me tell you

Last night we took him out for dinner at the Claremont Hotel in Oakland. It is a landmark resort and spa in the Bay Area. The food was wonderful. He absolutely loved the quilt. Before he leaves I want to photograph it and if I can I'll attach the picture for you all to see. He said that it was the best birthday celebration he had ever remembered. (I know the guy isn't Irish but at some point in his life he definately kissed the Blarney Stone.) There was dancing and he wanted to dance with Janet (his daughter), me and Ellen. Ellen was too shy. Janet did ok. However, Mike may like to dance but he never passed that skill onto his son, consequently it has been a very long time since I was on a dance floor. I am also 5 inches taller than my FIL. I made a total jerk of myself. But we all had fun anyway.

Ruth,
glad that you are recovering. Take care of yourself!!

Take care,
JanieD
Old 03-26-2002, 11:41 PM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

WOW! Where is everyone?

This may be the longest the thread has gone without a post......

And we're in our Spring Challenge! C'mon everyone! How are you doing? What are you doing to stay motivated? I'm journalling faithfully, good or bad. Today's water wasn't so good.

Ok, it's Easter/Passover week, that explains it. I know there's so much to do between now and Sunday. Grocery shopping is a chore I'm dreading this week. First of all, the stores will be so crowded; secondly, I'm trying to come up with some new choices that are more points friendly, yet the family will like since I'm not making the traditional stuff.

What is everyone doing for their holiday? Jess, etc., will be here after church to spend the day and have dinner with us. I'm making baskets for Brandon and Matthew. B's is easy, the Shrek dvd he wants, along with single serve packets of candies, and a few matchbox/hotwheels. Matt's is a sand bucket w/shovel, molds, etc., and I got packets of animal crackers and graham teddy bears. All that candy is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that I don't want it in the house. I don't want to smell it, see it, etc.

Janie, sounds like you had a very nice evening. There's something special about going out dancing, isn't there? Doesn't matter what one's skill level is, as long as it's fun.

Have to spend tomorrow studying for my midterm on Thursday. Then I get a week off. LOL, my class only meets two days a week, so it's not like it's a huge vacation. We are painting, tho, so I may start emptying the living room on Thursday after school.

later,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-26-2002 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:49 AM   #36  

Thumbs down

I'm here I've been exercising after work then I watch my soaps then to bed. Sorry I haven't been here in the past few days but by the time my soaps finish I'm so tired. I'm still hangin!
I'll post from work.

Later....

Love,
Es
Old 03-27-2002, 10:48 AM   #37  

I'm here too Jen! Been a bit crazy with work, hospital, etc. Doing okay weight wise so far, I think I posted that I maintained at last Saturday's WI. I feel bad that I've been lax on the exercising though, but after working all day and going to hospital, I sure don't feel like exercising. I did go bowling this Monday (I missed last week and I'm on a league)so that was a bit of exercise. Good luck with your midterm tomorrow! Have a great time with the boys on Easter!

Hi Es - Hang in there buddy - good job on all the exercising!

I'm off tomorrow and Good Friday. Alana and I will go shopping tomorrow for a wedding we have on Easter Sunday. I know, I know Easter Sunday??? But I guess they save money having it then since no one else is This is my granson Andrew's mom, Diana who is getting married. She and my son Steven had Andrew when they were just teenagers, so of course, that didn't work out. Now, almost 11 years later, she is getting married. I'm really proud of her, she is an amazing girl and of course, we are in contact frequently because of Andrew, so I feel like I've watched her grow up.

Hey Zoe girl - how are you?

Ruth - feeling better?

Myra - where are you?

Janie - It sounds like you had soooooooooo much fun dancing. I love to dance. Willie and I are great salsa partners - well, we've been dancing together for 23 years, we better have it right by now

40x40 - how are you doing?

Hi Viola and Pogo.

Have a great day guys!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-27-2002, 01:00 PM   #38  

Hi gals,
Well all this partying has made itself known, on the scale I mean. I gained 2.5 lb thanks to all this high living with my FIL in town. We will be having a farewell lunch with him today at a local winery and then I can get back to program. ANyone know how many points are in a ceasar salad? That is what I feel like having for lunch.

Happy Wed,
JanieD
/179/149/143/
Old 03-27-2002, 01:30 PM   #39  

Talking

Hi Buddies,

Dianne, mi amiga, how's Mom? You're right about the wedding Easter Sunday, it's probably way cheaper. That's so nice that you kept in touch with her. You're a sweetie. That's probably why she's kept in touch with you all these years. Hope you find something really nice to wear.

Jen, I'm I left you all alone during this Spring challenge!!! Believe me it is a challenge! I'm doing okay. Haven't been writing anything down but I pretty much eat the same way during the week so I know how many points I'm eating. Great job on journalling. I'm staying home for Easter. Both my sisters will be in PA so it'll just be Pete, Dave(maybe) & me. Dave might have to work believe it or not. If he has to go in it'll be triple time. Not too shabby.

Janie, sounds like your FIL is having a good time. Once he leaves you can get back on track. Check Dotties Weightloss Zone. They have everything.

I have to go. The nosey people are back from lunch.

Be back later

Love,
Es

Last edited by fitforlife426; 03-27-2002 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:09 PM   #40  

Angry

Me again

Janie, what I meant to say before that dottiesweightlosszone has all the points for restaurants to fast food. Anytime I want to find out how many points that's where I go. Enjoy it. I love ceasars salad.

Easter Sunday........well, church & back home. I have a turkey breast that I'm going to make. I was going to make a ham but I figured let me stick to the healthier meal. I don't know, maybe it's me but I've never been too crazy about Easter or New Years. When David was little it was fun because we use to color the eggs & buy nice outfits. It's not like it was back in the day.
Jen & Dianne, can I borrow your grandchildren?

Hi Ruth are you feeling better?

Myra, pop in & say hi.

Well buddies, going to relax & watch a little t.v. then off to bed.

Love you's,
Es
Old 03-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #41  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi you's guys...I'm here, I'm here. What a week so far...busy, busy, busy. The black tie 'thingy' was great, lots of fun. I am here to make a confession.....I just now started my spring challange. A wasted week....I did terrible and I am ashamed to say, didn't even care. I was even eating things when no one was looking!!! At any rate, I'm okay now and ready to go. Today, DAY #1

Es ~ you've got me confused.... using 2 different log in's.....as I was ready the note from "fitforlife426", I didn't realize it was you...then, I remembered that it was the "old" you. I wish I could get on at work but I'm afraid. They watch EVERYTHING!! and internet use is a big Big Brother lives at my office!

Janie ~ I know how you feel and I don't have an excuse. Don't worry though.....your FIL is gone now and you can get yourself together.......I'm sure you'll be fine now.

Hey Dianne ~ I'm here and doing great. I think I'm catching something but not really sure yet. I have a scratchy throat and now, my head hurts and eyes burn. Great!! Anyway, How is your mom doing? I'm thinking about her and praying too.

Jen ~ Enjoy your week off from school. We're not doing anything for Easter.....Church in the morning and I think I'm going to cook on Easter Sunday instead of go out. No little ones here so nothing special planned.

Hi to everyone else. Have a wonderful Thursday. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:48 AM   #42  

HI gals,
I thought it was over with my FIL yesterday but at 3:30 yesterday afternoon Steve called me at my office and he tells me "Janet and I have decided that we are going to have a Passover Satir at our house tomorrow night since Dad is here." (Janet is his sister.) I said, "That is nice. You and Janet have a lot of work ahead of you. I'll be home before sunset." My husband and his family are Jewish and I have attended Satirs before but I wouldn't have a clue how to put one on, and the amoutn of work is incredible for the preparation. You don;t drop that in your gentile wife's lap the day before. I think he was shocked when I said I wasn't going to be cooking the dinner. Do you guys think I was a little hard on him? I am starting to feel a little guilty

Happy Thursday,
JanieD
Old 03-28-2002, 07:30 PM   #43  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, regarding the gain: after having your FIL as a guest, it's understandable. It has sounded as tho you've enjoyed your time together, which meant alot. Now you can work on those #'s. As far as the Passover dinner goes.....well, hope it was good! I would feel guilty also. However, it's not like you refused to prepare it out of b!tchiness....you did show respect for the holiday by making it a point to be home by sunset. At least that's the impression I got. I'm sure your husband understands.

Zoe, way to go on Day 1!!! It doesn't matter when we start again, so long as we do it, right? I don't know about you, but I'm depending on everyone here to cheer me on when I need it.

Es, the Easter holiday isn't what it used to be. When the kids were younger it was more fun. I do color eggs every year, it's a tradition I'll never give up. Joe used to roll his eyes, but now he's into it. Every year he used to say, "why did you make so many eggs?" Now it's..."is that all there is to color?" Go figure!!!

Dianne, I've been meaning to ask...what's your bowling average? I've been on leagues and loved it; I should look into joining again. My average was around the 135 mark, was never that great. Have FUN at the Easter wedding! It's right that you kept in touch with Andrew's mom. It'll be heartwarming to see her married happily, I would guess. I love love love weddings. Don't care whose it is either...client's, co-worker's....I always cry and have fun dancing. And, enjoy your long holiday weekend.

My midterm exam was today; I went into it hoping for a B, came out praying that I passed. It was tough, I got a high C.

If I feel so great from exercising, why don't I keep at it and WANT to do it? The rush/energy I get on the days that I walk, or tone with weights, or follow along to an aerobics tape. is such a good feeling! Yet, each and every morning I have to talk myself into doing it. Es, Myra, I know you both exercise regularly. What's your secret? Is it like Nike...just do it? just wondering.

Let's stay away from the Easter candy this weekend.

~Jen
Old 03-29-2002, 06:07 AM   #44  

Thumbs down

Happy Friday!

How are my girls doing?

Jen, that's cute about Joe wanting to color eggs. I could just picture Pete. Me & Dave were reminicing yesterday the good old days. Hey, about the exam I just give you credit for wanting to go back to school. Jen, without exercise I would feel so crappy. I have to do it even those days when I really don't feel like it. You get so many benefits from it. Every little bit helps. Don't worry, when the warm weather gets here you'll feel more motivated.

Janie, about feeling guilty? hmmmm....... I might have done the same thing. I hate last minute plans. Why couldn't SIL offer to cook the meal at your house? Either way, I hope everything turned out okay.

Zoe, you are so funny with the 2 logins

I'm getting a call. Be back later

Love,
Es
Old 03-29-2002, 02:18 PM   #45  

Hi gals,
Steve was ok about preparing Seder (this gentile wife spelled it wrong yesterday)dinner. He went to the Alberton's deli and got most of the food already prepared. My FIL did the ceremony and it was very nice but a little long for an 8 yr old to sit still. Now that FIL is gone I can concetrate on WW.

We are leaving on vacation this weekend and I need to take the Easter stuff with us. There will be 3 families with a total of 4 kids ranging in age from 6 to 12. I thought I would bring those plastic Easter eggs and fill them with some candies and hide them around the campsites for the kids. I want it to be something that seals so that bugs cant get into it. I will not be logging in for a while 'cause we are off to Joshua Tree NP. Hope you all have lovely holidays!!

Hugs,
JanieD
Closed Thread