Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #76  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi Funnygirl - I'm also following the Wendie plan this week and today is my SHD. I feel stuffed trying to get in 39 pts. I don't think I'll get more than about 35 in. Seems like I'm eating every few minutes. My W/I day is Saturday. Hopefully I'll have a loss this week.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 142/138/115

Height: 5'2

Just wanted to update, surprisingly after following the Wendie method for 1 week, I lost 1.6 lbs!!!!! This is great, as the week before by staying at exactly 20 points a day I had a small gain. Gotta love that SHD were I can participate w/the family and have a little fast food, LOL! I will update again next week to see if it works again ;o)
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #78  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

OK, SunshineDaisy - looks like you're my girl right now. I'm currently at 22 pts/day. I'm actually getting ready to go down shortly to 20 pts. I at 151-ish or so right now (hopefully not by next weigh in though). I'm not actually stuck; Not sure if I'm gonna do this; but just trying to get an idea of how this would go; because I do find when I "cheat" and go beyond my points one day and then try to limit myself considerably the next day or two as a result, I end up w/ a better weigh #. So, here's the plan:
Weigh in day will be changed to Wednesdays because I would like to treat myself on weekends - Saturdays - that's when I tend to "mess up" d/t family, Sunday dinners, etc.
Day 1 (Wednesdays) - 22 pts
Day 2 (thurs ) - 27 pts
Day 3 (fri ) - 23 pts
Day 4 (sat) - 35 - 37 pts
Day 5 (sun) - 24 pts
Day 6 (mon) - 20 pts
Day 7 (tues) - 22 pts
I usually do exercise 2-3 x/s wk though I've been in an extreme exercise slump lately, I have been doing well with my eating. I have pumped up the exercise effort, though.
Is this OK? I've never heard of the "Wendie Plan" before... Thanks, though, but it does make sense because I'm fully aware that your body will get extremely "hip" to your caloric intake vs amt burned and start storing...

Last edited by Miss_Cretia; 10-13-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:48 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 142/138/115

Height: 5'2

Well, it looks good except on day 6 you are going below your daily points value of 22. You shouldnt have a day where you eat less points than normal, only higher days.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies....I have been reading you posts & am ready to jump on the bandwagon. My WI dday is Tues (first thing in the a.m.) & I am going to use Tues for my SHD, atleast for now. I am going to sit down in a bit & plan my poiunts out for the week & go from there....I can't wait to hear how tis works for eveyone
Old 10-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #81  

Well, just for an update; I know that I've only been doing this for a couple of days, but I feel like I can't hardly eat the req amt of points on the high days. By the end of the day I'm stuffed. I think it's because I'm used to eating a lots of cooked veggies (no pts) and I'm also used to the "flex mind" which req me to find foods that take up the least amt of pts so that I have "enough" to keep me full throughout the day. Like finding the Nature's Own bread that is only 1 pt for 2 slices or using 1 egg yolk and 1 egg white to make the points go farther. Now with this plan, it's hard because at the end of the day I'm like "Oh, no, I have 3 or 4 more points left and I'm full as a tic"... But better too many than not enough.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #82  

I hear ya...it's only day 1 on WP for me & I just looked at my food journal...I still have 24 pts to eat today & I splurged on Taco Bell for lunch. However I ordered my Gorditas (2) Fresco style....normally I would be splurging to use 10 points like that but since I am making today my SHD, I still have a log way to go & it's 3pm here.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #83  
One Martini at a Time...

ok one week on Wendie, 4 weeks on WW.
Down 3.7 lbs on the Wendie week. I agree Miss Cretia, it's hard to eat that many points but try going for full fat items instead of the fake stuff. I stay clear of fat free blah blah anyway, so it's easier for me, since I like to pronouce the things in my food. On my SHD I had real pizza and a few beers, then went back to healthy eating with some treats and it was GREAT!
Good luck everyone
Old 10-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #84  

WineBratSF~ WOW! That's great! What day is your weigh in?? My is Tuesday's, so I am curious to see how on I do this weekl on the WP.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #85  
One Martini at a Time...

eek! My WI is tomorrow...I have been sick all week so I'm a little worried but we'll see how it goes. At least I don't feel deprived! :-) I'll let you know how it goes (biting fingernails)...
Old 10-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #86  

I hear ya, Winebrat, but I tell ya, I'm scared to eat full fat stuff like that (and I'm telling ya, I don't know what I'm gonna do w/ 37 pts on Super High Days!!!!) and expect a decent weigh in at the end.. This is going back on every thing I'm used to. We'll see; I'm gonna shoot for next Wedneday (weigh in). This morning, I was 151 lbs; also TOM is here. So we'll see how it goes... Saturday is my SHD and I'll probably be exercising like a bandit: shivering like a rabbit that everything that I ate that day will saturate my hips like the plague. I'm having trouble eating 27-28 pts (mentally); let alone 37- my GOSH! Thanks though; so doggoned good to see your result of almost 4 lbs in one week.. Now THAT'S what I call making something happen and kicking the scale in the rear!!

Alright, Stacy, it's our turn for some major results... Let's keep it movin'

Last edited by Miss_Cretia; 10-18-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #87  
One Martini at a Time...

I know what you mean...I still can't do potato chips or ice cream AT ALL because i'll eat the entire container. BUT I do do real cheese, homemade salad dressing, mayo, etc
I WI tomorrow so i'll let you know how it goes!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Default How Does the Wendy Plan Work with Calorie Counting?

I've been on a plateau also and these posts look mighty promising right now! I want to try the Wendy Plan but I'm not on weight watchers, just counting calories. Can someone tell me how much of a variation in calories I need to do? Is it a variance of 100 or 200 calories, or much more extreme. Thanks so much for the info. Best to you all.

*Claudia*
Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Miss Cretia and winebrat...You really need to plan your day out...know what you are going to eat and when and how many points it is... It is the easiest to do...

This is what my Super HIgh day looks like...Cretia, this is right from the PM I sent you...
Quote:
For me super high days are not much different then my lower days. I get 41 points. I eat more per meal and then have snacks.

Breakfast (11 points)
oatmeal with 1 tbsp peanut butter (4), 1.5 oz. raisins (2)& 2 tbsp brown sugar(2)..
(low days would be 1 tbsp brown sugar only)
with a banana (2)
1 cup FF soy (1)

Snack #1 (4 points)
1 cup FF Cottage Cheese (3)
1 cup pineapple (1)

Lunch (5 points)
2 slices Weight Watchers Bread (1)
2 oz. Very low fat low sodium ham (1)
2 slices LF Swiss (2)
Tomatoes, onions and lettuce(0)
1 serving FF Pringles (1)

Snack #2 (3 points)
2 tbsp FF ranch with a 6 drops Hot sauce (1)
Carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (0)
2 oz. chicken breast (2)

Dinner: (12 points)
6 oz. broiled Haddock (4)
2 tsp Butter (2) and lemon
1 -2 cups HOt Veggies (0)
1 cup Brown rice (4)
1/2 cup black beans(2)

Snack #3 (6 points)
1 cup FF SF Vanilla Icecream (2)
1 banana (2)
1 tbsp Homemade Cherry jam warmed (1)
2 tbsp FF frozen whipped topping (1)

I have my 5 servings of veggies and fruits
2 servings of dairy
I count the butter as my oils
and I drink 20 oz of water with each meal.

As you can see. I have mostly good healthy foods. I do have one snack that is a luxury thing. Although I have icecream 2 to 3 times a week but 1/2 a cup with nothing on it, it is a treat. I cover all the requirements first. But just eat alittle more at each meal. It is doable... You do have to plan the day out...it is easier to plan it out and then get to the end of the day and find out you stil have 10 points to eat.
It isnt really that hard..It just is about planning...No surprises at the end of the day...

Quote:
How Does the Wendy Plan Work with Calorie Counting? I've been on a plateau also and these posts look mighty promising right now! I want to try the Wendy Plan but I'm not on weight watchers, just counting calories. Can someone tell me how much of a variation in calories I need to do? Is it a variance of 100 or 200 calories, or much more extreme. Thanks so much for the info. Best to you all.

*Claudia*
It is said that 1 point is about equal to 50 calories...So if you have a 20 point day it is 1000 calories.
Just go to page 1 and pick the weight range you are in. Then take each day and multiply it by 50 to figure out the calories...
This is just an estimate though because the fiber and fat make a big difference in the points of something. If you have any more questions...let me know...

I am going to start a thread for Wendie Plan....Come on over and join in.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...22#post1443022

See you later!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #90  
One Martini at a Time...

Default Results are in! Wendie is on to something...

Ta da! 4.4 lost this week after a bad week last week due to bad conference food...
Closed Thread