Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #31  

Sheila -- congrats on being so close! I've been doing the Wendie plan for 5 or 6 weeks now, and I've lost *something* (between .9 pounds to 1.5 pounds) every week except one. Like you, I work out a lot.

Sometimes the change can be as simple as the number of zero point foods you eat or varying your excercise.

One of the women in my little support group here on TFC is studying exercise, and she gave me some tips on varying my exercise that I think also helped me improve. I was doing a pre-programmed interval routine on the elliptical machines at my gym in addition to weights 2-3x a week (cardio + weights 2-3 times a week and then just cardio 1-2 times a week.)

On her recommendations, I switched from the pre-programmed interval to a 4-minute warm-up, and then 30 seconds of a high intensity workout, then 1.5 minutes of normal intensity, and then repeat the interval. I don't do that two days in a row, though; on my off days, I do my version of a slow and steady cardio workout (which is two cross-training circuits, at 45 minutes to an hour.) In other words, maybe you need to mix things up -- perhaps switching the type or duration of exercise. I'm no expert of course, but that's just my experience and her advice.

ANYWAY, it's time to end this long post. I've got to go let my support group here know I've lost another 1.2 pounds on my weigh-in today )
Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 AM   #32  

I kinda understand the principle of the Wendie plan. You trick your body in to losing weight so you won't plateau. I don't feel bad if I go over my point total by 1-4 every now and then.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #33  
Fat free witches brew now

S/C/G: 123/123/105

You don't really trick your body into loosing weight. You are keeping your metabolism up by eating more. I was on the six week body makeover for awhile and it was the same thing. You ate 5-6 mini meals a day to keep your metabolism going. The main difference is with that plan you have to cut out all sugar and salt which is a recipe for failure for me.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #34  

You're not just keeping your metabolism up by eating more -- I think you actually eat a few less points than the absolute max for a week(daily points x 7 + all flex points for the week). You're also varying your metabolism, so that your body doesn't become accustomed (and therefore, more efficient) at consuming and using a set number of calories. For example, say you consume 22 points + 5 flex points every day for a week -- you're always consuming 27 points a day -- your body gets used to it, and you maintain after a while, even if you started out losing.

That, I believe is the theory. I am of course no nutrition expert. I have been doing the Wendie plan for about two months now, and I've upped my workout regimen from 3 to 4 days a week, and I've lost about ten pounds. Ultimately, it's about finding the nutritional program that works for you -- I just know this one has worked for me, and I think it's worth a try for anyone who's interested.

Good luck, ladies.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 224/144/140

Okay, I have a few questions about this....I have absolutely no idea how the WW points systems works. I love the idea of this plan though, and I am wondering if someone could put it into calories for me. I weigh 149 and I currently eat a low of 1,200 calories and try to stay within 1,500 at the most. How would that transfer to the Wendy Plan? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #36  

what would the chart look like for someone doing 22 pts a day? thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Red Is Here....
Here are the points for 24 points:
POINTS TARGET - 24 (Weigh 175 - 199 lbs)
Day 1 - 24 points
Day 2 - 29 points
Day 3 - 25 points
Day 4 - 39 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 24 points
Day 6 - 28 points
Day 7 - 26 points

Pick which day you want to be your super high day and make day 4 that day. The make day 5 the next day...and so on...
For instance if you want Friday to be your SHD, then it would look like this.

POINTS TARGET - 24 (Weigh 175 - 199 lbs)
Day 1 - 24 points Tuesday
Day 2 - 29 points Wednesday
Day 3 - 25 points Thursday
Day 4 - 39 points Super High Day (SHD) Friday
Day 5 - 24 points Saturday
Day 6 - 28 points Sunday
Day 7 - 26 Points Monday

Hope this makes sence.

hart104
Quote:
Okay, I have a few questions about this....I have absolutely no idea how the WW points systems works. I love the idea of this plan though, and I am wondering if someone could put it into calories for me. I weigh 149 and I currently eat a low of 1,200 calories and try to stay within 1,500 at the most. How would that transfer to the Wendy Plan? Any help would be much appreciated.

but for your weight you should be eating 20 points. Here is your pioints schedule;
POINTS TARGET - 20 (Weigh Less than 150 lbs)
Day 1 - 20 points
Day 2 - 25 points
Day 3 - 21 points
Day 4 - 35 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 20 points
Day 6 - 24 points
Day 7 - 22 points

You can do the math. You will like this plan. If you need points values, I have a list of point and foods on my website, aweightlossadventure.com
Check it out and you can get started.

Michelle, I did the 6WBM also, I lost 67 pounds using it but I can not live on that plan for life. It was good to start my weight loss but not to do forever. Weight watchers is much more life time doable. I love WW.

Wendy
Old 06-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #38  

This really worked well . One week down 6lbs.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #39  

Wow, evierama -- congrats! I've found that it works for me too, when combined with exercise. I workout 4x per week, Monday-Thursday (about an hour of working out -- that doesn't count stretching) and I've been doing the Wendie Plan for a while, and I've lost 15 pounds overall. I think It's also possible to lose weight on this plan without working out as much, but it would be slower. It's worked better for me than any other WW variation -- Core, Points, whatever. 9 points of my daily intake is fixed (cereal, 3 pcs of fruit, milk, 2 hershey dark chocolate kisses and 1 piece of raisin bread), and I always save 8 points for dinner, so the only thing I really need to count is my points outside of that fixed point schedule -- lunch and any snacks. That made it much easier for me -- I've always found point counting to be particularly onerous. Good luck, ladies!

(Evierama, as an aside, 6 pounds in a week is great, but I hope that's not every week -- losing weight too rapidly is not good for your health.)
Old 07-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

Ok I really need help....I weigh in on tuesday if you could just give me a schedule to follow based on today being my weigh in day that would be great! I have been teetering with same three pounds for 3 months! This sounds like it will work! So if I could have a schedule and I don't use the 35 extra points on top of the schedule and work out and but don't count activity points I think I understand..but please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #41  
mom2cole

[QUOTE=mauvaisroux]
POINTS TARGET - 22 (Weigh 150 -174 lbs)
Day 1 - 22 points
Day 2 - 27 points
Day 3 - 23 points
Day 4 - 37 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 22 points
Day 6 - 26 points
Day 7 - 24 points[QUOTE=mauvaisroux]

According to the plan I should have my SHD on a day furtherest away from my weigh in. I weign in on a sunday morning and sunday are usually my "bad" days so the SHD should be that day. So should I just adjust the rest of the points so my three lightest days are right before weigh in or should they stay in that order and how should I adjust them???
Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #42  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Hildy, I am trying this plan for the first time this week. I too weigh in on Tuesdays. I am making my SHD on Saturday. That just sounds too good to me. That would be when I would want my extra points anyway. Good luck!!! I will try to remember to post my results here next Tuesday night.

--Amy
Old 07-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

Well I made my super high day tuesday so I think I will see how it works out and compare to yours and see what happens!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #44  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Hildy, I read that the SHD should be about 3-4 days before your weigh in day. This is because you may see a slight gain on the super high day. That is how I chose Saturday. ???? I guess we will see in one week. Good luck to all of us!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #45  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Can someone help me? I'm thinking of trying this plan next week. My weigh ins are on Tuesday and I weigh 246. Can someone tell me what my points should be for the week?
Closed Thread